• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jito

Banned
I'm in Germany. If I play US I have around 110ms ping. That is not too bad and something other people from the same country play with. It's not like it's easy to play with a ping that high yourself either so it kinda works both ways.

Seriously. It's so amazing that they managed to make me hate only one map out of 15. That is an impressive feat.

Stay in your own servers and stop making people suffer through games against you. Why are you even playing in the US instead of EU?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Smuggler's Cove is so great for Hardpoint and Last Titan Standing. There's always guaranteed to be wild shit going down at B.

Smuggler's is my absolute FAVORITE LTS map, there are so many interesting positions for titans to take cover at.

It's also one of the few game types where that little rocky passage on the far side of the map feels useful too!

tauke

Mate, they've already explained themselves.

For them, playing with friends and a high -- but playable -- ping is better than playing solo with 40ms. Especially if your teammates are speaking a language you don't understand.

Maybe just move on?

I should really try other region but the high ping is discouraging me (200ms ++). Doesn't help the ISP in my country is not reliable (got retrying connection several times during some match which I don't think is MS Azure side).

The only time I play with ping above 200ms is Wolfenstein Enemy Territory as a Medic. Any other twitch reflex class and I'll die without knowing what happened lol.

hoyalawya

Played Hard Point on the Colony map the first time last night. That was intense. Perfect map for the bottomless grenades/satchel charges. All the points are in the little shacks.

tauke

This make me realise that Respawn should add a mode where we can freely just parkour around the map offline (or at least make it possible to solo parkour without any form of match).

It's amazing how you can discover new area by accident.

Lima

Can you not answer the question? I'm not reading every post lol

I'm not just going on the US servers because of reasons. I go there because if it's late at night and a buddy from the US invites me to his game I have no choice but to play on the US server.

And as I've said it's not like I gain an advantage by playing with a high ping.

Jito

Banned
Just got an invite from 5 US friends, going by what you guys say, I should say no thanks, my connection isn't fast enough.

Yeh honestly I can't stand playing at or with people over 100 ping. Shame there's no other way you can play with your friends without pissing some people off.

I'm not just going on the US servers because of reasons. I go there because if it's late at night and a buddy from the US invites me to his game I have no choice but to play on the US server.

And as I've said it's not like I gain an advantage by playing with a high ping.

I've noticed plenty of bullshit jump kicks and getting shot around corners by players with high pings.

Kalm

Does anyone remember the person that calculated weapon data after the beta? He had basic damage and range stats for each of the pilot primaries and was working on the attachment modifiers last time I checked.

I want to see if he's updated it since launch but I can't find the link. I'm pretty sure it's buried in this thread somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

I use Delayed Auto-Sprint and I think it's great. PC version, though.

Will try that tonight, see how it feels

I haven't set mine to always run or delayed (I'm using keyboard / mouse). I would rather have full control as to when I choose to run. A personal preference but I'd be interested in what other players do in this regard.

Also, just experiment with weapons both as pilot and Titan. You might hit on something you get on with. Of course it means going through a bit of gaming pain but it is worth finding a loadout that works for you.

Guess you're right. Gotta have patience, but that's sometimes hard when surrounded by players who completed level 50. Not gonna give up though :D

antitrop

dq5yqFI.jpg

Concept art for Colony.

TrueGrime

I heard this word of mouth. Is it confirmed that if grunts see you and call you out that you show up on the mini map? I use a suppressor all the time. Especially to end grunts but I've found out pilots notice me in the general area anyway.

I heard this word of mouth. Is it confirmed that if grunts see you and call you out that you show up on the mini map? I use a suppressor all the time. Especially to end grunts but I've found out pilots notice me in the general area anyway.

I'd believe it. They have an audio loop that says they are reporting the location of the pilots they spotted.

HelloMeow

I don't think so. I regularly hear our team's grunts yell they have spotted an enemy pilot, but nothing shows up on the map.

Camp Lo

Banned
Holy shit. I'm getting slaughtered online. My skills suck and probably I will never ever be a decent FPS player, but nevertheless...I'm trying to enjoy this game, but that's quite hard when everyone whooping my ass.

Has anyone got simple tips to prevent me from being last every damn time? Weapons? Pilot loadouts etc.Any help is appreciated.

Don't go out alone. Always run with a teammate till you get the hang of the core mechanics. Most of us got our asses handed to us but thankfully we get EXP just the same so it's not as bad.

I decided that the Gen 3 reqs (rail gun) were hurting my enjoyment of the game more-so than helping.

So I'm basically saying 'fuck it'. I'll keep a rail-gun set-up in my Titan loadouts in case I'm having a great run and figure 'what the heck, let's try it again' but for the most part, I'm pretty content to just use my go-to loadouts and stay at Gen-3 lvl 50 forever.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
I decided that the Gen 3 reqs (rail gun) were hurting my enjoyment of the game more-so than helping.

So I'm basically saying 'fuck it'. I'll keep a rail-gun set-up in my Titan loadouts in case I'm having a great run and figure 'what the heck, let's try it again' but for the most part, I'm pretty content to just use my go-to loadouts and stay at Gen-3 lvl 50 forever.

I decided to do exactly the same. I simply couldn't compete with the score I was achieving on my normal class and felt like I was being a hindrance to my team.
I'm really not looking forward to using the Rail Gun again, if I ever decide to go for the regen challenges again.

Tawpgun

I'm already regetting regenning to Gen2. Fuck this unlocking bullshit. I don't get the excuse that it keeps the game fresh by letting you explore different ways to play.

Umm no. It keeps me restricted. I come up with my own different ways to play once I have everything unlocked.

I'm probably gonna stay Gen2 level 50 forever unless they patch in something that makes regenning worthwhile.

Also tried out bumper jumper pilot last night... Dunno if I can get used to it...

Depends on the mode and the amount of communication between the team members. If a group of dudes that aren't talking to each other are clumped together throughout a match, they're pretty easy to kill. And if you're in Attrition, that's a ton of points the other team just earned.

More experienced players tend to fan out over a map and let each other know which areas the enemies are in, that allows them to flank around and attack from different angles.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't be against hanging around at least one other pilot. Don't be so close that you're like dry humping the back of his leg or anything, just keep him in view, or off your flank.

Tawpgun

But I will say, playing with friends the only advantageous are you can talk to each other about stuff, and maybe get rodeors off your back. Maybe. Because you can't fucking tell where your friends are. Don't know why Respawn didn't add an indicator for friends/party members on your minimap or screen.

Camp Lo

Banned
In games like Halo with higher kill times its good to stick together with at least one other person. In games like CoD or Titanfall you're more likely to give the enemy a double kill that way.

I'm not sure what you mean by higher kill times But in the context of my original reply, the guy's a complete FPS scrub so you can't really go wrong with 'do what that more experienced guy does' especially since K/D doesn't amount to much of anything. The instant respawn doesn't even flinch at such a thing.

Depends on the mode and the amount of communication between the team members. If a group of dudes that aren't talking to each other are clumped together throughout a match, they're pretty easy to kill. And if you're in Attrition, that's a ton of points the other team just earned.

More experienced players tend to fan out over a map and let each other know which areas the enemies are in, that allows them to flank around and attack from different angles.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't be against hanging around at least one other pilot. Don't be so close that you're like dry humping the back of his leg or anything, just keep him in view, or off your flank.

I can agree with that. It definitely depends on the mode he picks but this game is so forgiving to deaths that trial and error might seem like the best bet for anyone new. It's what I did anyway.

Izuna

Banned
I'm not sure what you mean by higher kill times But in the context of my original reply, the guy's a complete FPS scrub so you can't really go wrong with 'do what that more experienced guy does' especially since K/D doesn't amount to much of anything. The instant respawn doesn't even flinch at such a thing.

I can agree with that. It definitely depends on the mode he picks but this game is so forgiving to deaths that trial and error might seem like the best bet for anyone new. It's what I did anyway.

You're giving the wrong advice. He wants to get better, saying it's okay to die is not going to get him there. Telling him to be more independant and try to flank Pilots until he gets his Titan is the way to play.

Lima

TTK

Time to kill. In COD or Titanfall it is way shorter than in Halo for example because in Halo you have shields.

Alright let's say someone else sees you in Titanfall first. He will kill you 9 out of 10 times unless he can't aim for his life.

In Halo you would get shot and know where the guy is shooting from and if you have more skill you can still outclass that guy and win the fight.

So yeah he is right. With the fast kill time you really shouldn't stick close together as pilots.

Tawpgun

TTK

Time to kill. In COD or Titanfall it is way shorter than in Halo for example because in Halo you have shields.

Alright let's say someone else sees you in Titanfall first. He will kill you 9 out of 10 times unless he can't aim for his life.

In Halo you would get shot and know where the guy is shooting from and if you have more skill you can still outclass that guy and win the fight.

So yeah he is right. With the fast kill time you really shouldn't stick close together as pilots.
This, but I was more referring to if someone sees 2 halo spartans from behind and shoots one, if they both turn around they can toast him. In Titanfall the guy that sees both of you first is going to toast you.

Tell your friend to play CTF or Hardpoint first. Get a feel for it all. Or if he goes into attition tell him to focus on killing the bots.

Izuna

Banned
This, but I was more referring to if someone sees 2 halo spartans from behind and shoots one, if they both turn around they can toast him. In Titanfall the guy that sees both of you first is going to toast you.

Tell your friend to play CTF or Hardpoint first. Get a feel for it all. Or if he goes into attition tell him to focus on killing the bots.

Don't go for grunts with a weapon with no suppressor, tha would get him killed even more...

This is not the case at all.

Yes it is.

The kill times are longer than COD because of the pilot maneuverability and slightly weaker weapons, but let's not kid ourselves: If you get the drop on somebody, the fight is generally over before it even starts [as a pilot].

Kill times in Titan battles are much closer to Halo.

Are you guys talking about two titans in a fight and one seeing the other first?

No, just pilots.

Titan kill-times are much closer to Halo, so it's quite possible and actually frequent for better players to turn the tide of a Titan battle by using cover and their environment, and using their weapons/abilities more effectively to turn the tide of a battle and win out over an enemy that got the drop on them.

Camp Lo

Banned
You're giving the wrong advice. He wants to get better, saying it's okay to die is not going to get him there. Telling him to be more independant and try to flank Pilots until he gets his Titan is the way to play.

I hope he heeds your advice then, it could be done a multitude of ways and being that you're not penalized for dying, do whatever works.

wut? I don't know the guy. Look at the original reply, he's just asking for help on this thread.

antitrop

I don't even know why critics bother with the plot.

It sucks, everyone knows it, everyone accepts it. Talk about the game. The CMP and its plot is a footnote, at most. Yet reviews feel like they need to spend excessive amounts of time talking about how much they didn't like it.

I've played 80 hours of the game and 3 of them were doing them Campaign. And even when you're doing the campaign, you're still playing Titanfall. So at worst, it's just something that you can safely ignore.

By 2:30 into Yahtzee's 5 minute video, all he had talked about was Dark Souls II and the plot of Titanfall. Jesus fucking Christ.

TrueGrime

It sucks, everyone knows it, everyone accepts it. Talk about the game. The CMP and its plot is a footnote, at most. Yet reviews feel like they need to spend excessive amounts of time talking about how much they didn't like it.

I thought it was okay! Not really in-depth but it was the first time have played a multiplayer campaign with other people on the consoles. The important thing is that it's a plot that can be built on and has potential to grow.

Tawpgun

I've played 80 hours of the game and 3 of them were doing them Campaign. And even when you're doing the campaign, you're still playing Titanfall. So at worst, it's just something that you can safely ignore.

Same reason people reduce points on a game like battlefield for having a bad campaign.

It's like who cares.

HelloMeow

Yes it is.

The kill times are longer than COD because of the pilot maneuverability and slightly weaker weapons, but let's not kid ourselves: If you get the drop on somebody, the fight is generally over before it even starts [as a pilot].

Kill times in Titan battles are much closer to Halo.

Well yes. If I see you first with my car smg you are already dead.

That is not how I experience it at all. If you move around properly, it doesn't matter if someone sees you first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom