• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandy706

Something I've learned to use a lot lately when no enemy Titans are around....Cluster Bomb Missiles.

Fire those bad-boys into crowded buildings and LOL at the kills.

Same.

Put 5 days of playtime in it over the last two weeks and I think I'm done for now. Going back to it once the first DLC hits.

Have to say though that these two weeks were so much fun. The game already has a special place in my heart.

So are you saying that you've played 120 hrs within 2 weeks, AKA over 8 hours a day? I think a bit of burnout would be totally understandable, holy shit.

EDIT: I'm on the fence about re-gen as well, however all my favorite weapons and kits so far are unlocked really early or right from the beginning (carbine, shotgun, powercell, vortex shield, chaingun, etc) so I probably will until I hit a roadblock of annoying / unfun challenges.

Lima

So are you saying that you've played 120 hrs within 2 weeks, AKA over 8 hours a day? I think a bit of burnout would be totally understandable, holy shit.

I did my friend.

Put in 19 hours straight on the first day of release getting to level 50 the first time. I just couldn't put the game down. I had time off the job in the first week and all I did was play.

Despite what I said earlier though I played another 2 hours just now and probably gonna go back later. Need to help some buddies with wins and stuff.

I did my friend.

Put in 19 hours straight on the first day of release getting to level 50 the first time. I just couldn't put the game down.

Despite what I said earlier though I played another 2 hours just now and probably gonna go back later. Need to help some buddies with wins and stuff.

Holy Corpuscles Batman. That is some true dedication and I can't say I am surprised at your burnout.

Pjsprojects

I did my friend.

Put in 19 hours straight on the first day of release getting to level 50 the first time. I just couldn't put the game down. I had time off the job in the first week and all I did was play.

Really just could not do that, Looks like you got your money's worth lol.
couple of hours most evenings if I'm lucky!

Holy shit. I'm getting slaughtered online. My skills suck and probably I will never ever be a decent FPS player, but nevertheless...I'm trying to enjoy this game, but that's quite hard when everyone whooping my ass.

Has anyone got simple tips to prevent me from being last every damn time? Weapons? Pilot loadouts etc.Any help is appreciated.

Pjsprojects

Holy shit. I'm getting slaughtered online. My skills suck and probably I will never ever be a decent FPS player, but nevertheless...I'm trying to enjoy this game, but that's quite hard when everyone whooping my ass.

Has anyone got simple tips to prevent me from being last every damn time? Weapons? Pilot loadouts etc.Any help is appreciated.

Go bot hunting (I do).

If ya aim hand/eye is not great then Smart pistol with minion perk for pilot and Titan Chaingun with rapid fire perk works well for me.

antitrop

Try out Last Titan Standing. It plays very differently from any other mode.

Or Attrition with the Smart Pistol and Minion Detector.

Xbox One. =(

I play Europe or East US

Mostly East US because the mute button doesn't work mid-game and I can't stand hearing French all the time.

so are you in Europe? because if so playing on east us servers is kind of selfish you would be lagging all over the place and eating bullets on an east coast server. Im not sure why they let people choose servers it should just connect to the server with best ping. No wonder I find lobbys with one and two bar players this game needs region locking.

What system are you playing on and what modes?

If you are playing attrition you can farm a load of grunts so you are contributing to the match score and you are also knocking build time off your Titan. Getting into one of those early can help a lot. It is probably best to equip smoke if you are not massively confident in taking on pilots as your Titan does get rodeo-ed a lot. Edit: You know when a pilot has jumped on as you hear the sound (like jumping on a car bonnet) before it says some one is on the Titan.

You can contribute massively in hardpoint mode even if your K/D isn't the best. Playing objectives gets the points in the match mode: attacking a hardpoint is rewarded well; defense not so much since the patch.

The carbine with a suppressor is handy as you will not show on the mini map when shooting but it affects range and damage of the bullets.

Keep moving a lot and use the height of the map and walls of buildings to make yourself a more difficult target. Don't play flat footed and on the floor as you are an easy target.

Situational awareness such as looking at your mini map is very important.

Edit 2: And use burn cards. Yes you lose them upon death but you might use some that help you out at that particular time. You have nothing to lose other than a burn card but you earn more each match!

Lima

so are you in Europe? because if so playing on east us servers is kind of selfish you would be lagging all over the place and eating bullets on an east coast server. Im not sure why they let people choose servers it should just connect to the server with best ping. No wonder I find lobbys with one and two bar players this game needs region locking.

Yeah because fuck guys that want to play with their friends in the US right?

Haven't really posted in here since the game came out, but if anyone wants to add me I'll be on as soon as I get out of class today:

CaptainSchwann(Origin)

Lima

No iconic maps.

U wot m8?

Apart from Training ground which is as bland as it gets the maps are all good and recognizable. Like Rise. The ziplines and amazing wallruns you can do on that map.

Xbox One. =(

I play Europe or East US

Mostly East US because the mute button doesn't work mid-game and I can't stand hearing French all the time.

Yeah because fuck guys that want to play with their friends in the US right?

sorry not trying to be a dick but his ping must be terrible playing on US servers that creates guys with good ping putting tons of bullets in him only for him to basically kill you in a few hit markers because the person is lagging. I don't play with my west coast friends often for this reason. personally I want to always play with the best ping possible. I noticed when i play on the west coast servers I'm basically god and destroying everyone.

Lima

sorry not trying to be a dick but his ping must be terrible playing on US servers that creates guys with good ping putting tons of bullets in him only for him to basically kill you in a few hit markers because the person is lagging. I don't play with my west coast friends often for this reason. personally I want to always play with the best ping possible. I noticed when i play on the west coast servers I'm basically god and destroying everyone.

I'm in Germany. If I play US I have around 110ms ping. That is not too bad and something other people from the same country play with. It's not like it's easy to play with a ping that high yourself either so it kinda works both ways.

I think Titanfall has some of the best maps of any MP shooter ever made.

But that's just me.

Seriously. It's so amazing that they managed to make me hate only one map out of 15. That is an impressive feat.

Moobabe

U wot m8?

Apart from Training ground which is as bland as it gets the maps are all good and recognizable. Like Rise. The ziplines and amazing wallruns you can do on that map.

I'm happy to admit I haven't played the game as much as you guys - and I'm not saying the maps aren't good.

Izuna

Banned

EU Ping = 30-50
East US Ping = 100-120

The way this game works it's connection is that what other people see is a slower version of myself. If on my screen I was 4 clicks on a road, on their screen I would only be 3 clicks.

If at 4 clicks, here is a wall and on my screen they shouldn't be able to shoot me, but at 3 clicks they shoot me with a 40mm on their screen, I STILL DIE.

On the other hand, there is no advantage for me at all. They basically get easier kills as I the game works by working out who updated their hits first, so if we shoot at the same time I will die. They won't see me lag about. If my connection is really bad, my character will get stuck for a few seconds and then teleport, but I can still sie when I'm stuck.

But oh, fuck me for wanting to play when EU is asleep right? I don't have any EU friends on this game yet for that reason. I get off work late.

I'm in Germany. If I play US I have around 110ms ping. That is not too bad and something other people from the same country play with. It's not like it's easy to play with a ping that high yourself either so it kinda works both ways.

110 is not a good ping at all I'm sorry to say. I have 28ms ping currently to the central US servers. you should find the server with the best ping and stick to it. Why would you willingly choose a server with high ping? That makes no sense unless you get an advantage from it with lag comp that is. Usually when i see some guy teleport across the screen and kick me after I put a clip into them its some player on two or one bars its super frustrating.

Seriously. It's so amazing that they managed to make me hate only one map out of 15. That is an impressive feat.

Which map is that?

Izuna

Banned
110 is not a good ping at all I'm sorry to say. I have 28ms ping currently to the central US servers. you should find the server with the best ping and stick to it. Why would you willingly choose a server with high ping? That makes no sense unless you get an advantage from it with lag comp that is. Usually when i see some guy teleport across the screen and kick me after I put a clip into them its some player on two or one bars its super frustrating.

I don't like your thinking.

Go bot hunting (I do).

If ya aim hand/eye is not great then Smart pistol with minion perk for pilot and Titan Chaingun with rapid fire perk works well for me.

Thanks. Will try that! Smart pistol maybe the best for me lol. I'm just damn slow and keep asking myself...'why are they faster all the time'

Try out Last Titan Standing. It plays very differently from any other mode.

Or Attrition with the Smart Pistol and Minion Detector.

Tried LTS, but not my style, Smart Pistol seems the way to go :D Thanks!

What system are you playing on and what modes?

If you are playing attrition you can farm a load of grunts so you are contributing to the match score and you are also knocking build time off your Titan. Getting into one of those early can help a lot. It is probably best to equip smoke if you are not massively confident in taking on pilots as your Titan does get rodeo-ed a lot. Edit: You know when a pilot has jumped on as you hear the sound (like jumping on a car bonnet) before it says some one is on the Titan.

You can contribute massively in hardpoint mode even if your K/D isn't the best. Playing objectives gets the points in the match mode: attacking a hardpoint is rewarded well; defense not so much since the patch.

The carbine with a suppressor is handy as you will not show on the mini map when shooting but it affects range and damage of the bullets.

Keep moving a lot and use the height of the map and walls of buildings to make yourself a more difficult target. Don't play flat footed and on the floor as you are an easy target.

Situational awareness such as looking at your mini map is very important.

Playin on Xbox One, supressor might come in handy indeed. Wasn't aware it does not show on the map. I've got 'always running' on btw...should I? Thanks!

Playin on Xbox One, supressor might come in handy indeed. Wasn't aware it does not show on the map. I've got 'always running' on btw...should I? Thanks!

I haven't set mine to always run or delayed (I'm using keyboard / mouse). I would rather have full control as to when I choose to run. A personal preference but I'd be interested in what other players do in this regard.

Also, just experiment with weapons both as pilot and Titan. You might hit on something you get on with. Of course it means going through a bit of gaming pain but it is worth finding a loadout that works for you.

As I said it's Training Ground.

Looks so boring and is truly terrible for CTF because you can pick up the flag without even getting out of your Titan.

I didn't see your previous post. I don't mind the map but I don't play that much CTF.

tauke

I love Rise a lot especially in Hardpoint. Nothing better than wallrunning with another partner to the other end of the map and kill those who guarding from on top before taking it over.

So far getting the hang with the Longbow Sniper. I equip it with the 4.5x scope and stabilizer and it works well for long range and mid range. Also can double up as a pistol at close range.

Firing Titanfall up for my second day on PC. This matchmaking isn't too hot. Or are there hardly any players? Sat in a Beta playlist for about 5 minutes, and couldn't get a final teammate or combatant team. Then I tried Campaign---got teammates real quick, but no enemy team again.

Firing Titanfall up for my second day on PC. This matchmaking isn't too hot. Or are there hardly any players? Sat in a Beta playlist for about 5 minutes, and couldn't get a final teammate or combatant team. Then I tried Campaign---got teammates real quick, but no enemy team again.

Try playing the base modes that aren't beta or campaign. Instant for me.
Also let it be known that if you're in a party this game is going to try and search for an equal size party before thinking about randoms.

tauke

It can be a hit or miss depending on the time. For me (East Asia/SEA), night time is the best time to get players while day time can be a nightmare to even get a proper match due to lack of players.

I love Rise a lot especially in Hardpoint. Nothing better than wallrunning with another partner to the other end of the map and kill those who guarding from on top before taking it over.

So far getting the hang with the Longbow Sniper. I equip it with the 4.5x scope and stabilizer and it works well for long range and mid range. Also can double up as a pistol at close range.

DMR with aog scope works really well its one of my favorite classes now.

I would say my least favorite maps are Nexus, Training Ground, and Fracture.
Everything else is amazing.

I don't hate Fracture too much, but I still love Angel City over everything else. Goddamn that map is fun as fuck. It's also one of the few maps I can visualize in my head fully.

Izuna

Banned
sorry if the truth hurts I'm just pointing out good ping is important in online gaming. So its not very logical to purposely use a server with double the ping of your local server.

I don't like your thinking because you completely disregard what it feels like to play on a worse connection. 100 ping is 1/10th of a second, it is hardly horrible. My EU ping can go up to 70 at times during peak hours, should I not play at all?

As I said, the way this game handles it is that it checks to see who updated their hits first. I am disadvantaged on East US, but that's not even the issue, you're saying I shouldn't be able to play with people from the US at all. You're basically saying international gameplay is an unimportant thing, what the fuck? The whole purpose of online gaming for me is to play with people from other countries and have interesting conversations, it's even what makes the internet a big deal.

Geez, before Titanfall the game I played a bunch was SF4 and as a P2P game the connection made the gameplay slower for both, but that doesn't happen in Titanfall at all.

Oh yeah fuck Nexus for everything but LTS too. Map is waaaay to big for 6v6 pilot matches.

Nexus is my favourite next to Angel City for Attrition and Hardpoint. I love it =)

Lima

I don't like your thinking because you completely disregard what it feels like to play on a worse connection. 100 ping is 1/10th of a second, it is hardly horrible. My EU ping can go up to 70 at times during peak hours, should I not play at all?

As I said, the way this game handles it is that it checks to see who updated their hits first. I am disadvantaged on East US, but that's not even the issue, you're saying I shouldn't be able to play with people from the US at all. You're basically saying international gameplay is an unimportant thing, what the fuck? The whole purpose of online gaming for me is to play with people from other countries and have interesting conversations, it's even what makes the internet a big deal.

Geez, before Titanfall the game I played a bunch was SF4 and as a P2P game the connection made the gameplay slower for both, but that doesn't happen in Titanfall at all.

Not to mention that some people in the US have that same ping even though they are in the country.

He is basically saying that if you don't have a good connection you shouldn't play online games. Yeah fuck that thinking.

tauke

Oh yeah fuck Nexus for everything but LTS too. Map is waaaay to big for 6v6 pilot matches.

Nexus can be really a pain in the butt without Stim. Takes forever to reach to one hardpoint to the other (doesn't help the zipline forced you to slightly detour which also waste time).

The only map I don't really enjoy is Training Ground. Map is kinda dull and you can't really parkour much with the sparse building in the map.

Kalm

Mate, they've already explained themselves.

For them, playing with friends and a high -- but playable -- ping is better than playing solo with 40ms. Especially if your teammates are speaking a language you don't understand.

Maybe just move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom