• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It chains through Titans as well. So far, the most effective use of the Arc Cannon I've seen is in Last Titan Standing, because the Titans are usually bunched up.

Can you kill teammates with your own cluster missile?

Also, is the Arc Cannon fucking worthless against Titans or am I just using it wrong? It seems to be the Smart Pistol of the Titan weapons, a great AI farming weapon but one that is pretty shitty against human opponents. Just seems weak as hell. At least with the rail gun if I charge up a full shot, I am rewarded. I think the Titan killing challenge with this will be even more elusive for me than the gooser, which I am only at 4 right now.

I know when you zap ground enemies, it kills others near it. Does it pass from Titan to Titan that way too? Plus the range, yuck. It really sucks to line up a perfect shot on a Pilot only to realize you're out of range. Someone help me understand how to use this thing please.

It's a really useful group titan weapon. Couple that with a few 40mm and you'll wreck through groups.

tauke

Looks like the matchamaking beta option is gone(on xbox one), seems like it was implemented now.

Same here for PC. Problem is I can't even find a match for the past 2 hours.

I have other players in the lobby leaving because they can't bother waiting longer than 10 mins.

EDIT: Finally got luck with Australia region. First match of the day.

tauke

Frequent lost connection to server with the new update. I guess I should take a break from the game until this problem is rectify.

HelloMeow

Man you guys must play against people that just straight up suck then and can't aim if their life depends on it. I keep my sights on a guy even if he tries some wallrun bullshit.

You must be playing against people that straight up can't use parkour to their advantage.

Matchmaking takes ages now, without finding any better teams...

Izuna

Banned
HOLY SHIT

This matchmaking is really bad for me =( taking 30 minutes to join a session, I'm teamed up with another Gen 10. I usually like to play a game before going to Uni or Work and now I have to turn the game off. =(

tauke

HOLY SHIT

This matchmaking is really bad for me =( taking 30 minutes to join a session, I'm teamed up with another Gen 10. I usually like to play a game before going to Uni or Work and now I have to turn the game off. =(

At least I managed to play 5 matches before it enter the never ending cycle of finding players. Guess it affect both Xbox One and Origin player base.

Although on another token, this new matchmaking seems more balanced to me.

Decided to play campaign and luckily there still got players for it.

HelloMeow

After 10m of waiting, this is what I got:

k27neUL.png

Izuna

Banned
At least I managed to play 5 matches before it enter the never ending cycle of finding players. Guess it affect both Xbox One and Origin player base.

Although on another token, this new matchmaking seems more balanced to me.

Decided to play campaign and luckily there still got players for it.

Campaign is not affected though. I decided to skip Uni and the match it put me in was a bunch of people Gen 10 and my skill versus people who ALL quit because they were getting slaughtered, now we have to wait another 30 fucking minutes. I'm not happy, might play CTF or Pilot Hunter until this is sorted.

@HelloMeow, I was wondering how you managed to keep such a high KD and be Gen 10. Look like you never chased down the Challenges.

tauke

I did read the campaign is not affected by the new matchmaking system hence why I play it because I'm tired of waiting for a match.

Still I guess when you have new players trying out campaign after the tutorial... been slaughtering the other team epicly.

HelloMeow

Oh I understand, just I thought it would take a very long time to keep a high KD and do the Challenges.

EDIT: All this new matchmaking is doing is giving me better Teammates and now every game I play my opponents quit.

Yeah. It's like it's searching for matching teammates, not opponents.

HelloMeow

I have had 3 games with more even teams. The issue now is that people leave games and no one joins, so the games become unbalanced that way.

The matchmaking is ruining the game for me now.

Special C

Found an easy way to get charge rifle crits. Play campaign missions with AI Atlases. (Fracture, Angle City, Three Towers, Outpost) Rodeo them at the start of the match for 2 crits. WIll only take you 15 matches and thats assuming you get no other crits for the rest of the match.

Izuna

Banned
Found an easy way to get charge rifle crits. Play campaign missions with AI Atlases. (Fracture, Angle City, Three Towers, Outpost) Rodeo them at the start of the match for 2 crits. WIll only take you 15 matches and thats assuming you get no other crits for the rest of the match.

LMAO, don't rodeo the Titans. You should be getting about 5-10 a game of LTS

Anyone been having connection issues on X1. Last night I was showing one bar until I rebooted the console and then got two bars. Still not what I'm used to getting. Full bars until yesterday. New update or something?

tauke

The new matchmaking system is rage inducing indeed. When there is a match with lots of regen players vs non regen players, the non regen players leave lol.

So it will keep finding new players over and over again.

Izuna

Banned
Oh man that sucks. What's your playing schedule like these days?

I think I will play this weekend and then that's it. So close to my flight that I am playing in the mornings when I really shouldn't.
Getting boring being MVP over and over again because whenever we get decent opponents they leave early in the match if they don't think they will win, making me play with even worse opponents than before.

3 minutes in, losing by 20 Attrition Points, my ENTIRE FUCKING TEAM leaves. Is this the community getting worse or is it why we never found higher ranked players in games before?

E92 M3

I think I will play this weekend and then that's it. So close to my flight that I am playing in the mornings when I really shouldn't.
Getting boring being MVP over and over again because whenever we get decent opponents they leave early in the match if they don't think they will win, making me play with even worse opponents than before.

3 minutes in, losing by 20 Attrition Points, my ENTIRE FUCKING TEAM leaves. Is this the community getting worse or is it why we never found higher ranked players in games before?

Sounds like an endless bullshit loop =/ Sucks to hear it's happening to you. I feel as though as crappy as the old matchmaking was it kept the games going. We just don't have the population to support any advance type of matchmaking.

It makes me rather sad to see Titanfall drift so low in the Twitch streams. I hope this game has legs.

Sounds like an endless bullshit loop =/ Sucks to hear it's happening to you. I feel as though as crappy as the old matchmaking was it kept the games going. We just don't have the population to support any advance type of matchmaking.

It makes me rather sad to see Titanfall drift so low in the Twitch streams. I hope this game has legs.

What system seems to be suffering the most or is it both PC and Xbox?

This is quite worrying as I really like the game and I don't want it to die a death; probably an exaggerated term but if players leave and matches become one-sided then people aren't going to be inclined to play. Why are people not sticking with the game? Is it a combination of bad matchmaking and a lowish player count?

These are the exact issues I had when playing the Hawken open beta last year. In the end I got to know players names as we would end up playing each other without selecting to do so; the player base was so small and matchmaking wasn't too great.

Any update on the game performance? Lately I find the game FPS to be more erratic compared to launch day (and I don't think it's my computer since other games still run smooth like Crysis 3).

Yeah, I get some pretty shitty performance out of my 2500k and 670 (technically SLI but I'm told this game doesn't support two cards still).

Izuna

Banned

126JvDi.jpg

This is what it looked like before I finally fucking quit. The match before I get 120 Attrition points, no deaths, but we lose. Why? We were losing 200-220 and 3 people fucking left, we finish with 273-300 with just 3v6, (so we would have won right?)

I'm sorry but I NEVER experienced this once before the older system. I am pissed off.

tauke

126JvDi.jpg

This is what it looked like before I finally fucking quit. The match before I get 120 Attrition points, no deaths, but we lose. Why? We were losing 200-220 and 3 people fucking left, we finish with 273-300 with just 3v6, (so we would have won right?)

I'm sorry but I NEVER experienced this once before the older system. I am pissed off.

That is errr interesting to see two people in a team. o_O

The new matchmaking really takes a toll on the small player base. Now it is harder to even find a match.

Any update on the game performance? Lately I find the game FPS to be more erratic compared to launch day (and I don't think it's my computer since other games still run smooth like Crysis 3).

I use the command +cl_showfps 1 in the game launcher to show my fps and even when the game is appearing to drop frames the number in the top right stays at 60. Very strange indeed.

Performance isn't too bad in general; certain maps are worse than others as are large Titan fights.

There hasn't been a client-side patch yet has there?

Izuna

Banned

The new matchmaking really takes a toll on the small player base. Now it is harder to even find a match.

Since this morning I have had three kinds of matches:
I win normally like before
The other team quit making it hide and seek and win
And the one match above

I haven't had any "close" games. Just rage-quitters. And it takes a long time for it to happen as well.

Vitor711

I've not had that. I've had teams quit after a one-sided match which didn't use to happen before. I guess people now realise that the game won't rebalance shit which is annoying.

Haven't had people quit during the match though. Does it not count as a loss if you leave before the game ends? Because, if not, that's dumb.

Dosia

Is the playerbase small on the xbox or just PC? I have been busy as hell so havnt really been able to dive into this game, but I am hoping to this weekend. Like I mentioned early in the thread my first and only 3 MP games I played last week were totally lopsided and put me off the game. I am hoping it goes better this weekend.

TrueGrime

Anyone been having connection issues on X1. Last night I was showing one bar until I rebooted the console and then got two bars. Still not what I'm used to getting. Full bars until yesterday. New update or something?

Yeah. That shit was terrible last night. Had to full reboot several times.

shandy706

No problem playing last night here. EST

7-9:30 pm on X1

I have noticed other players lagging though. Which is annoying in a shootout.

E92 M3

What system seems to be suffering the most or is it both PC and Xbox?

This is quite worrying as I really like the game and I don't want it to die a death; probably an exaggerated term but if players leave and matches become one-sided then people aren't going to be inclined to play. Why are people not sticking with the game? Is it a combination of bad matchmaking and a lowish player count?

These are the exact issues I had when playing the Hawken open beta last year. In the end I got to know players names as we would end up playing each other without selecting to do so; the player base was so small and matchmaking wasn't too great.

Well we are discussing Xbox. Matches seem to be taking too long, and also not offering the best setup.

126JvDi.jpg

I've said it before, the population is not huge and it needs to be properly managed. We're not dealing with COD numbers here and aren't the only game everyone is playing. Back when Halo 2 was out -- it was THE shooter, so matchmaking could be as picky as it wanted.

Now with Titanfall, we have to be thankful for every single person playing this. Having speedy matching is always more important than proper gametypes. No system will ever place a single person correctly to beat a party. Groups will always dominate people playing alone. It's just how it is. What Respawn should have done is made a mercenary variety pack mode. I GUARANTEE you that matches there will be fair for everyone and the speed won't be compromised.

They need to quickly fix this because the longer we wait the more people Titanfall hemorrhages. And you know how much I love this game.

Coconut

Banned
I find the challenge much easier with the Instant Shot mod equipped. The trick to fulfill the challenge is to take the last shot on enemy Titan that is about to get doomed.

Managed to annoyed some players when they called out on me for kill steal since they also doing the challenge lol.

I get that it just doesn't make the gun fun or useful or anything other than what it is, which is lame.

Jito

Banned
So just finished a complete fresh install to hopefully fix some issues I've been having, but straight away after loading into my first match I'm stuck with the same locked screen glitch I posted about at the weekend. Hopefully the Respawn rep knows a bit more about this annoying shit.

Edit: Two matches in a row it's done it now.

Nope make that three matches, so after a fresh install the game is still fucked. Can't be assed fighting with the games I want to play, back to Diablo.

Really this game is a fucking travesty, get into a working match finally and the lobby is 3 vs 6. Thought the matchmaking fix had gone into place based on the main menu message. Did they not bother to fix the unbalanced teams at the same time? Face palm. How can you make an online only game is badly.

Can't wait til they nerf the Gooser Challenge, not because it's hard to do but because I'm sick of boosters in Last Titan Standing. Lost a bunch of teammates because the other team wouldn't LET them get easy kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom