• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jito

Banned
I don't really like Attriction and Pilot Hunter as you just end up pointlessly running about the map, and CTF encourages the worst kinda gameplay (charges and mines everywhere / static corner camping) so I can't really try variety mode.

Hardpoint and Attriction playlists are going really slow today due to this updated matchmaking that was meant to fix it, now it just takes super long to get a half full lobby. Really disappointing as I was looking forward to new maps this month but they've gone and messed up the matchmaking.

I don't really like Attriction and Pilot Hunter as you just end up pointlessly running about the map, and CTF encourages the worst kinda gameplay (charges and mines everywhere) so I can't really try variety mode.
Then just quit when you get those gametypes. Hardpoint Domination is really prevalent. Sometimes I get gametypes I don't feel like playing, so I just drop out before the match starts. If the game drops you into a gametype you don't like, then play it out – it's what I do.

I find your complaints of Attrition and Pilot Hunter to be silly, and CTF in some cases, but that's another discussion.

Jito

Banned
Then just quit when you get those gametypes. Hardpoint Domination is really prevalent. Sometimes I get gametypes I don't feel like playing, so I just drop out before the match starts. If the game drops you into a gametype you don't like, then play it out – it's what I do.

I find your complaints of Attrition and Pilot Hunter to be silly, and CTF in some cases, but that's another discussion.

How so? Every match I've played of Attriction or Pilot Hunter is just running about the map looking for people to kill, it feels so aimless. Even more so in Pilot Hunter, the two matches I've had of that went down to the timer running out as kills were so few and far between.

Honestly I'm not going to jump in and out of matchmaking looking for a game as I shouldn't have to. Just going to wait for them to fix this shit.

I despised Pilot Hunter at first, but now I think it's far and away better than attrition.

CTF is fun when two even teams are matched up. Otherwise its a quick three minute beatdown.

You can carry the team by doing more than just getting a lot of Attrition points.

I sometimes go 7 deaths because I need to force my team to have a higher Titan count, once I achieve that I watch their back and kill minions. I shout this down the mic lol

You can only do so much when you kill 20 pilots and 6 or so titans. What else can you do, magically make people not run in the middle of maps like a chicken with their head cut off?

Lima

Variety pack is cool and all but for that I need more custom load out slots. Like 10 in total. I need different things when playing objectives than in say pilot hunter or attrition.

LOL, the LTS play list is loaded with people at level 50 on gen 5 begging/demanding Gooser kills. They even get mad if you cloak. And when they understand that you aren't going to gift them kills they get mad and leave. It kind of ruins the play list IMHO, I hope they hurry with that patch.

I was in there getting Arc Cannon kills for my own Gen 5 challenges. Man you guys were right its amazing for Titans bunched up.

Bydobob

Match-making has been alright for me lately (PC), rarely more than 100 points difference either way on Attrition. I am noticing more intrusion in the lobbies though with frequent reconnections.

I do wonder whether we are expecting too much of the match-making though. Players themselves should take responsibility for the outcome of matches sometimes. It takes a couple of players to have an off game and the opposite happening on the other team and it can look like a mismatch. Getting your Titan out at the right time can also have a huge influence on the result. Other FPSes don't have such a game-changing dynamic so are probably not as susceptible to freak scores.

Coconut

Banned
Match-making has been alright for me lately (PC), rarely more than 100 points difference either way on Attrition. I am noticing more intrusion in the lobbies though with frequent reconnections.

I do wonder whether we are expecting too much of the match-making though. Players themselves should take responsibility for the outcome of matches sometimes. It takes a couple of players to have an off game and the opposite happening on the other team and it can look like a mismatch. Getting your Titan out at the right time can also have a huge influence on the result. Other FPSes don't have such a game-changing dynamic so are probably not as susceptible to freak scores.

Lately when I'm matched I'm the top player on the losing team by like a lot compared to the second tier player on my team. I'd live to see what numbers are being ran to do the matching.

The Ninja got his groove back.

J2teHRI.jpg

Kalm

I just had two hours straight of perfect matchmaking in Hardpoint. (X1 - US West)

Holy sh*t this mode is ridiculously fun with balanced, skilled teams. :O

It's still not fixed though because the hour that preceded was a clusterf*ck of never-ending lobbies and insane 300-75 landslides.

Woo-Fu

Banned
That spot you took was more or less a rage quitters spot.

Rage doesn't really have to have anything whatsoever to do with it. Might as well call them efficiency quitters. Sticking around to lose a match because the matchmaking can't field balanced teams with 6 players isn't an efficient use of a player's time.

You have to realize that people playing games generally do so to have fun. Getting stomped by a stacked team isn't fun for most people. Their options at that point are to find a better match or play a different game.

Feels like there just aren't enough players for good matchmaking to happen very often, much less split the parties off into their own queue so they don't trample pugs.

They need to get private lobbies implemented ASAP, so people can make and balance their own teams as needed.

LOL, the LTS play list is loaded with people at level 50 on gen 5 begging/demanding Gooser kills. They even get mad if you cloak. And when they understand that you aren't going to gift them kills they get mad and leave. It kind of ruins the play list IMHO, I hope they hurry with that patch.

I was in there getting Arc Cannon kills for my own Gen 5 challenges. Man you guys were right its amazing for Titans bunched up.

Yeah I've avoided LTS since more are hitting gen 5 and basically not playing, just waiting for you to get a Titan kill and try to hit the gooser.

Coconut

Banned
Rage doesn't really have to have anything whatsoever to do with it. Might as well call them efficiency quitters. Sticking around to lose a match because the matchmaking can't field balanced teams with 6 players isn't an efficient use of a player's time.

You have to realize that people playing games generally do so to have fun. Getting stomped by a stacked team isn't fun for most people. Their options at that point are to find a better match or play a different game.

Feels like there just aren't enough players for good matchmaking to happen very often, much less split the parties off into their own queue so they don't trample pugs.

They need to get private lobbies implemented ASAP, so people can make and balance their own teams as needed.

You are defining rage quitting the use of the word rage is hyperbolic.

The amount of quitting I've seen today is pretty crazy. We'll start off in a 3 vs 6, and by the time the game ends we'll be playing 4 vs 2.

But it isn't raging. Nobody is raging. There's no rage to exaggerate. Might be a little bit of regret or boredom, but rage? Nope.

I've had one ragequit today, where I got killed two seconds after spawning like four times in a row. Just wasn't having fun, so pressed the 'Quit to Desktop' button and went to do something else for a while. When I came back, I ran across some good people in matchmaking, and had some pretty great games.

Izuna

Banned
Haha. At least kill minions motherfuckers! Is what I want to say.

I'd fucking rather they don't. They die and their net Attrition points don't hold out. 20 Minions and 5 deaths is BAD. I can kill the minion safely in a Titan, it's not like they disappear.

Just got off work. To Tiranfall or not to Titanfall?

I'd fucking rather they don't. They die and their net Attrition points don't hold out. 20 Minions and 5 deaths is BAD. I can kill the minion safely in a Titan, it's not like they disappear.

Just got off work. To Tiranfall or not to Titanfall?

You may be underestimating how bad some of these people are....

Coconut

Banned

I'm kind under the impression that people are just bad at the gam end sometimes two teams of folks that play cod style will do fine against each other, but then one of those teams plays against a team that plays titanfall like titanfall should be played and they just get rolled on hard.

I've been in a bunch of games where I don't think anyone knows that you eventually get a robot.

Despite all the problems with matchmaking (and my lack of skill) I am fairly addicted. I've been meaning to play Infamous all day, but I keep playing this instead.

Origin needs groups like on Steam so we can all play without having to individually add each other as friends.

Izuna

Banned

I have played for almost 70 hours, I have been in teams with the worst sorts of players. I took one team where we lost by about 50 points and after giving them a strategy we ended up winning in the same team all night. Eventually we get in a party and told me they listened because I was the highest Gen they had seen (I think I was Gen 7).

You can be losing by 20~50 points, but so long as you hide about and wait for the team to get their Titans to outnumber the other team's, you can carry them.

I have played for almost 70 hours, I have been in teams with the worst sorts of players. I took one team where we lost by about 50 points and after giving them a strategy we ended up winning in the same team all night. Eventually we get in a party and told me they listened because I was the highest Gen they had seen (I think I was Gen 7).

You can be losing by 20~50 points, but so long as you hide about and wait for the team to get their Titans to outnumber the other team's, you can carry them.

I don't mean to be confrontational, because a large amount of people are awesome teammates.

But there are quite a few in this game that are just downright bad and don't want to get better. The Last Titan Standing guy yesterday, after me mentioning something along the lines of 'hey dude, you can help our your fellow titan man instead of shooting grunts,' He responded with 'shut up faggot and let me play my game'.

Izuna

Banned
I don't mean to be confrontational, because a large amount of people are awesome teammates.

But there are quite a few in this game that are just downright bad and don't want to get better. The Last Titan Standing guy yesterday, after me mentioning something along the lines of 'hey dude, you can help our your fellow titan man instead of shooting grunts,' He responded with 'shut up faggot and let me play my game'.

That's not him being a bad player, that's him not caring about winning. If I had someone like that on my team bringing me down I would leave, but so far I haven't had that yet.

That's not him being a bad player, that's him not caring about winning. If I had someone like that on my team bringing me down I would leave, but so far I haven't had that yet.

I would equate the two. You're a lucky man. I see a loooot of people like that.

EDIT: By a lot, I mean at least one a day and I'm at ~ 4 days played

I'm not having any issues with pairings. only a few times have I been mismatched against a crazy good team. Honestly though I don't know how respawn expects people to accumulate a proper true skill. People go negative and do poorly in so many games because they are trying to complete challenges to Regen lol. This is why for the 1,000th time it needs to be said that there should be SOCIAL and RANKED playlists. People will play social to grind their challenges and not have their true skill affected and people who want to play heated matches will play ranked where true skill is calculated. I am really perplexed as to why this is so difficult to grasp o_O

This new matchmaking they implement will mean nothing since so many people perform bad not playing to win, rather playing for challenge completion.

You need to be able to carry more cards. I'm blowing through three a round and discarding a couple here and there, I'm still full again after every single round.

Kalm

You need to be able to carry more cards. I'm blowing through three a round and discarding a couple here and there, I'm still full again after every single round.

It really slows down once you've finished most of the challenges.

I've been at the cap for a week now and I get, maybe, a card per match. I think I have 13 right now and most of them are +XP I'm saving for if/when I decide to regen again.

HelloMeow

I uninstalled the game for my own good. This is too frustrating.

How such a stupid thing can ruin such a good game in such a short time.

There seems to be alot of "BULLSHIT!" moments with my friend and I lately. The hit detection lag can be super frustrating at times. Fortunately, I know how to keep my cool. My friend though, broke his mouse in rage last night lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There seems to be alot of "BULLSHIT!" moments with my friend and I lately. The hit detection lag can be super frustrating at times. Fortunately, I know how to keep my cool. My friend though, broke his mouse in rage last night lol.

I'm not sure what's up but this has been the same for me. I've been getting killed after I run behind walls a lot which didn't happen much before.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Wow, this game is quite dead on the xbox one. Getting paired with the same people over and over after leaving that game.

Wow, this game is quite dead on the xbox one. Getting paired with the same people over and over after leaving that game.

Was this attrition or hard point? I've never had that happen before until the changes today and now it happens every time.

Also where is my north central US server? I'm not sure I want to play after enjoying all this time with sub 30 ping.

Edit: after two restarts it's showing up now. Who knows.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I've said it before. They only needed a mercenary playlist and most of the complaining about unbalanced teams will be fixed. This new matchmaking is not helping the game. COD has nice snappy matchmaking where you in and out of games. Waiting in lobbies is the worst. You can't prioritize skill over the matchmaking experience. They should add a playlist where no parties are allowed and just keep the matchmaking like they did at launch.

Mercenary playlist, reshuffle teams after every game (while keeping pre-made parties together), and etc. would make the matchmaking infinitely better gran it is right now.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just about to Regen (lvl 45) and I'm kinda cooling on Titanfall. I mean, I will always be down to play 20 minutes of hardpoint as part of my daily sustenance.. but I'm starting to realize theres not a ton here. Fantastic game, one of my favorites in the last few years. I haven't been this engaged by a shooter since Halo1.. its just not varied enough.

I'm trying to focus on CTF right now. Over 65% of the games I've played have been hardpoint, I'm also gonna switch to a more dynamic gun than the SMG once I regen. More than any other new franchise Titanfall seems deserving of a place in the canon of great shooters, but it just needs options. They have built an amazing canvas but only supplied us with charcoal. Charcoal drawings are incredible but they universally lack color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom