• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

The game shouldn't have never implemented this matchmaking up.

Now a ton of ways of dividing up the community with data centers, I guess that wasn't enough.

Jito

Banned
Yup matchmaking takes longer than ever now and this is their idea of fixing it. Why not go with tried and trusted server browser? Matchmaking kills PC games.

Been playing all morning and haven't had much trouble finding Attrition games. Been having some good close matches too. Maybe I'm just lucky, but shit seems better so far.

Side note, I can't fucking use burn cards quick enough. Every match I just go through three, get back to the menu and it tells me I'm full again and need to use some if I want more.

Izuna

Banned
Cpc8N19.jpg

Pretty funny really, we were having a close match imo, 230 - 200, and there was a team of 3 Gen 8s who ALL quit. LMAO, they need wins to regen and they won't even take a loss.

Had a better time with the new matchmaking for a few games, but it really does seem like I always am teamed up with a stronger team, so it's even harder to lose if they don't quit.

Jito

Banned
I'm just baffled now, start a 3 vs 5 matchmaking game (why the game even started I don't know) and the game then adds another player to their team before ours? Why is this matchmaking so poorly made? Ruins a really fun game and it's putting me off playing now.

Hip Hop

I'm just baffled now, start a 3 vs 5 matchmaking game (why the game even started I don't know) and the game then adds another player to their team before ours? Why is this matchmaking so poorly made? Ruins a really fun game and it's putting me off playing now.
It put me off 2 weeks ago and haven't played since.

Awesome game, horrible matchmaking experience.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I really thought the beta matchmaking would have stayed in beta for a while longer -- my friends and I avoided that gametype because it often put us in uneven teams more than not. I think the best type of matchmaking for this game is to simply throw looking for skill out the window in favor of even player teams but also after every match there needs to be a system where it finds new players to match up with so if a team is stuck with a team that is just a higher skill than them then they will only be stuck there for one match. Also, mix up all players except for ones in an XBL party.

Izuna

Banned
Hmmm, my win ratio (80%) is the same as my Top 3 ratio (85%).

Since Gen 10 it seems I have been MVP 86/92 with a win ratio of 83/92 -- I feel sorry for all Gen 8's on the opposing team.

von zipp

I have been stuck in the infernal loop of trying to find team-mates, then once found, struggling to find an opposing team. Matchmaking has been borked for some ungodly reason. 2 hours of searching, I played one game this evening.
Not too sure what the fix was for? Was it to even the playing field for matches? Anyone actually seen this in action?

TrueGrime

Cpc8N19.jpg

Pretty funny really, we were having a close match imo, 230 - 200, and there was a team of 3 Gen 8s who ALL quit. LMAO, they need wins to regen and they won't even take a loss.

Had a better time with the new matchmaking for a few games, but it really does seem like I always am teamed up with a stronger team, so it's even harder to lose if they don't quit.

Gen 3 with 7 fucking points and a Gen 2 with 13.

Izuna

Banned
I have been stuck in the infernal loop of trying to find team-mates, then once found, struggling to find an opposing team. Matchmaking has been borked for some ungodly reason. 2 hours of searching, I played one game this evening.
Not too sure what the fix was for? Was it to even the playing field for matches? Anyone actually seen this in action?

It does do what it was intended. My matches aren't any closer, but my teammates are stronger and the other team no longer has newbies etc. But it used to prioritise speed, now it tries its best to evenly match people. I have only ever had real close matches and great opponents when I play in a party of 6.

Izuna

Banned
It's hard to give guys the benefit of the doubt of that happening, but I've seen numbers like this with guys in the game for the entire time. Not sporadically either. It's common.
He joined late. I had a Gen 8 on my team who left in the first few minutes because we didn't have the lead.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
No problem playing last night here. EST

7-9:30 pm on X1

I have noticed other players lagging though. Which is annoying in a shootout.

I don't think the changes were in affect then. I seemed to be the first post noticing it when I booted it which was around 3AM EST, I played for about 2 hours then stopped as it was the most frustrating time I had with the game yet. Long matchmaking loops, people quitting a lot throwing teams off and never getting replaced, stuff like that.

I swear they nerfed the C.A.R. a bit. It takes more hits than usual.

And this almost seemed true too, I couldn't get anything done with this last night so I was switching around to the carbine and shotgun. But it might have just been lag since the connections seemed worse.

Why is there an influx of rage quitters now than before? I haven't played attrition with the new match making, basically I only play hardpoint.

From my experience the lobbies were all very high gen(like 7 or 8+) while some of my teammates were only around level 30 on the starting gen which seems daunting, so I noticed lobby quitting and having it try to replace them but games starting lopsided anyway.

Otherwise, they also in a lot of cases seemed to be coordinated teams. I saw things like getting on a titan, having him immediately turn around and have his friend punch me off when before I got on he was not looking that direction. Titanfalls all around the same time, staying as a group, etc. Even if it's matching based on skill, individual skill is different from fighting a team...so people quit, threw teams of more, game never replaced them, extra people quit, etc.

Why is there an influx of rage quitters now than before? I haven't played attrition with the new match making, basically I only play hardpoint.

thats the problem with skilled match making high level players don't usually stick around to get beat up on they just leave and find a new lobby. atleast when you are destroying a team of low levels they stick around and finish the game. also playing solo on this new match making is awful I'm constantly getting dropped into loosing games then it breaks up the lobby and put into another loosing game twice in a row.

TrueGrime

thats the problem with skilled match making high level players don't usually stick around to get beat up on they just leave and find a new lobby. atleast when you are destroying a team of low levels they stick around and finish the game. also playing solo on this new match making is awful I'm constantly getting dropped into loosing games then it breaks up the lobby and put into another loosing game twice in a row.

Rarely get dropped into a lobby if I'm going solo. It's always in the middle of the game on a losing team. Which doesn't surprise me because more than not, there's going to be no spots open on a team that's doing very well. That spot you took was more or less a rage quitters spot.

TrueGrime

I don't condone rage quitter but I know how frustrating it can be to be a high skilled player on a team that isn't cutting it. This game is not CoD where you can shoulder the burden alone if you're a kick ass player. One really bad player can drag the whole team down. 2-3 bad players and you're done for.

Izuna

Banned
I don't condone rage quitter but I know how frustrating it can be to be a high skilled player on a team that isn't cutting it. This game is not CoD where you can shoulder the burden alone if you're a kick ass player. One really bad player can drag the whole team down. 2-3 bad players and you're done for.

You can in Attrition.

It's hard to give guys the benefit of the doubt of that happening, but I've seen numbers like this with guys in the game for the entire time. Not sporadically either. It's common.

Not when they both only have 1 death...

This isn't a game where you walk away with 1 death and a low score. If you have 1 death in this game from the start its because you steam rolled everything. if you have a low score, its because you got steamrolled.

They were very likely dropped into the game late.

All that aside, Prestiging is not indicative of skill.

HelloMeow

And this almost seemed true too, I couldn't get anything done with this last night so I was switching around to the carbine and shotgun. But it might have just been lag since the connections seemed worse.

I don't know what it is, but it really seems weaker. I just used the carbine for the first time in weeks and I was dropping people like I used to with the C.A.R. before today.

Izuna

Banned
Two of my 130 point games beg to differ.

When a player goes 0-9 with one minion kill...you just have to wonder

You can carry the team by doing more than just getting a lot of Attrition points.

I sometimes go 7 deaths because I need to force my team to have a higher Titan count, once I achieve that I watch their back and kill minions. I shout this down the mic lol

TrueGrime

You can carry the team by doing more than just getting a lot of Attrition points.

I sometimes go 7 deaths because I need to force my team to have a higher Titan count, once I achieve that I watch their back and kill minions. I shout this down the mic lol

Haha. At least kill minions motherfuckers! Is what I want to say.

zou

game put me into a match in progress full of gen7 and higher. I was the only one on my time.. yay.

also, there needs to be a way to cancel joining a match in progress, especially since you can't specify or select maps. Having to sit there while it's joining a match with some shitty map is annoying. especially since everything is sooooo slow. leaving the lobby is slow, connecting is slow, leaving a match is slow, ugh. So ending up on shitty maps or joining a match that's fucking over already or being put in empty matches is even more frustrating. they either have to focus on speed or quality matching, slow, shitty match making is just going to drain the community.

honestly, the game is great. finding a decent match can be challenging. but I'm getting sick of how much time I'm wasting doing nothing but watching a non-responsive ui. oh and if you put the console to sleep any where but the main lobby, resume from sleep doesn't work.

tauke

Urgh this new matchmaking update can be a pain. Play one match after waited for 10 mins and right after the match end, either the opponents leave or my own team leave the game.

Then wait for another average 10 mins to get another game before it repeats.

E92 M3

I really thought the beta matchmaking would have stayed in beta for a while longer -- my friends and I avoided that gametype because it often put us in uneven teams more than not. I think the best type of matchmaking for this game is to simply throw looking for skill out the window in favor of even player teams but also after every match there needs to be a system where it finds new players to match up with so if a team is stuck with a team that is just a higher skill than them then they will only be stuck there for one match. Also, mix up all players except for ones in an XBL party.

I've said it before. They only needed a mercenary playlist and most of the complaining about unbalanced teams will be fixed. This new matchmaking is not helping the game. COD has nice snappy matchmaking where you in and out of games. Waiting in lobbies is the worst. You can't prioritize skill over the matchmaking experience. They should add a playlist where no parties are allowed and just keep the matchmaking like they did at launch.

HoodWinked

wait so they migrated the broken ass beta matchmaking into the primary matchmaking? so stupid.

its sad because when i saw on reddit where one person was having good results and posted all the games i thought to myself this beta this broken ass beta is going to go live with no changes and its going to suck.

to me the beta was just as unbalanced as regular matchmaking but MUCH slower.

No problems with the speed, but I got matched against a team of G5's and above that completely destroyed me.

My biggest issue is that I'm having a real tough team differentiating players from the background sometimes, they really don't stand out.

Bizazedo

The Gen tags combined with HOW to prestige combined with the small numbers of players per team has really created quite the mess, hasn't it.

In hindsight, it should've been foreseen, but I know it didn't occur to me.

Jito

Banned
For those of you having problems, what playlists are you guys searching in?

Hardpoint. In the 4 hours I've tried to play this evening I've had about 3 decent, properly matched and fun games. The rest have all failed due to team mates or the other team quitting and the rest of the time was spent looking for matches in the lobby.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
For those of you having problems, what playlists are you guys searching in?

Attrition and hardpoint.

Did anyone else get a message from xbox for a week of free gold because of sign in issues on titanfall's launch? haha.

Hardpoint. In the 4 hours I've tried to play this evening I've had about 3 decent, properly matched and fun games. The rest have all failed due to team mates or the other team quitting and the rest of the time was spent looking for matches in the lobby.

Attrition and hardpoint.

Did anyone else get a message from xbox for a week of free gold because of sign in issues on titanfall's launch? haha.

I know I've said this before, but try Variety. About 30% of my matches in there are close matches. The rest is split between good leads and blowouts (but that's the nature of matchmaking). I haven't had any hard times finding matches or dealing with players who drop out, but that's just my experience as a Level 50 Gen 2er.

Vitor711

I really hope so.

Skill should have never been a variable in the matchmaking.

No, good MM absolutely should take skill into consideration.

Look at DOTA - I wait 3 and a half minutes in a queue before every game. That being said, the game then lasts 40 minutes or so. So the search takes around 10% of my game time.

I wouldn't mind giving that up for Titanfall but apparently people accustomed to COD aren't willing to do so.

As long as they add a queue that ignores parties, and they rebalance the damned teams after each game, things should be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom