• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this new matchmaking system blows. Constantly connection to different matches. Will match a team of gen 9 vs gen 2 or less. I'm getting slaughtered and it's starting to not be fun. They really need a non party lobby too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Game still has the incredibly slow loading times for me.

Combine that with the matchmaking and it basically makes the game unplayable, because either I have to quit to avoid a 6v3 match, or other people quit and either way I'm stuck in loading hell.

Respawn dudes have gone silent, so I don't know what to do now. :(

Coconut

Banned
Matchmaking is so borked again! I was on a team with 3 lvl1s vs a team of all 5s and above. I liked it back when all that happened was I'd be on winning teams constantly.

Argonomic

Game still has the incredibly slow loading times for me.

Combine that with the matchmaking and it basically makes the game unplayable, because either I have to quit to avoid a 6v3 match, or other people quit and either way I'm stuck in loading hell.

Respawn dudes have gone silent, so I don't know what to do now. :(

I was playing all night at the office, talking about the game while playing. Most of my matches were very close, including a 300-299 come back, but some were off because they started with mismatched team sizes.

We're going to work on that. We're watching the results. Anecdotally it appears to work much better on xbox1, due to the significantly larger player base.

Argonomic

Matchmaking is so borked again! I was on a team with 3 lvl1s vs a team of all 5s and above. I liked it back when all that happened was I'd be on winning teams constantly.

The system is intended to result in the same number of wins as losses.

In the previous system, which favored starting a match fast over a fair match, the better you were, the less likely you were to be facing an equal or better opponent, so the higher your match win percentage.

von zipp

@Argonomic.

The system may be intended to result in same number of wins and losses, but currently I'm not getting into any games at all. It might be the particular server here in Australia and South East Asia, but its almost like the community stopped playing overnight. I'm on XB1, and am stuck in a loop of trying to find team mates, or opposing team, or just getting booted from the server/connection back to main menu. it sucks.

Izuna

Banned
NOOOOO, I fell asleep last night and played no Titanfall. :(
Dear Respawn, please wait until April 28th before you release any DLC. I'm selfish and I want to experience everything...

It's really weird how in any thread for a multiplayer shooter so many people are being victimised by lag/netcode/hit detection issues but nobody is posting about those things working to their advantage.

I mean there's a victor in every 1-on-1 encounter so where are all those "winners" hiding if they're not posting on gaf?

If I didn't know any better I'd suspect that people are just finding any reason to blame the tech for the coming off second best.

It's really weird how in any thread for a multiplayer shooter so many people are being victimised by lag/netcode/hit detection issues but nobody is posting about those things working to their advantage.

I mean there's a victor in every 1-on-1 encounter so where are all those "winners" hiding if they're not posting on gaf?

If I didn't know any better I'd suspect that people are just finding any reason to blame the tech for the coming off second best.

I've definitely been the beneficiary of a kill around the corner....

Izuna

Banned

I have won the vast majority of fights in Titanfall since release, and the hit-detection is very annoying, mostly because this game tries its best to make it feel client sided. It's a trade-off though, and I prefer it over having my bullets feel like they take longer to come out of the chamber.

But matchmaking? It is atrocious, not because of its design in general, but the players who its designed around. The higher gen someone is, the more likely they are only in parties of 6. If not they will quit until they find a "winning" team. One reason why I quite like having weaker players on MY team, but that never happens anymore.

I've definitely been the beneficiary of a kill around the corner....

This would happen more to the person who is lagging. Pretty much everytime I die by a Titan when on foot trying to Rodeo it.

TrueGrime

tumblr_m7b5oslcfK1r5qbng.gif

Not necessarily. Whenever someone is the beneficiary of it most of the time they won't even realize it.

There's also been plenty of times where I KNOW I should have died and that the other guy got screwed. Doesn't mean I'm going to run here and post about it every time it happens.

Last night was a polarizing experience. My first few matches were great from a personal performance and matchmaking perspective.

It then went to **** when teams were so numerically unbalanced that it was no fun. One match had two of us versus six of them (even though attrition points were only 25-or-so out so why quit?) and another match was six of us and none of them. They had all quit.

I was getting more-and-more annoyed and it just messed up my performance. I am beginning to dread playing the game if this is going to be the experience (perhaps early days of this new system and things will get better).

This is mirroring Hawken so, so much in terms of player numbers, quitters and match making.

I am sure I must have benefited from lag/hit detection etc but when you die you obviously dwell on it more; plus you see the killcam (yes not always the best and most accurate relay of events I know).

Being behind a wall and dying from bullets is annoying as is shooting someone only to be drop kicked with the kill cam showing me as catatonic.

They're usually the ones who say "what lag, I've been playing this game for 3 weeks now and I've never had it lag on me once since the launch of the game.....get a better internet"

tauke

D2kdIEo.png

Best Hardpoint Domination so far for me but also terrible in the sense that the game start with 4 vs 5 and later become 4 vs 6 which only late game only two more players were added to the match.

Other than that, the matchmaking is atrocious for the long wait time in the lobby. Nevermind getting a match, I think due to the new balancing method it will kick some players out from the lobby and the 90 secs waiting time get reset again.

I'm having problems matchmaking.
Sitting in hardpoint lobby for ages. I'm using the west Europe server.

The only place to get consistently full lobby, very quickly, is campaign. Which is shit. Although I enjoy both hardpoint and attrition, you obviously just play the same maps.

they need to sort out the matchmaking. Although it could be that there is a low player count, but that seems unlikely.

E92 M3

Mercenary playlist, reshuffle teams after every game (while keeping pre-made parties together), and etc. would make the matchmaking infinitely better gran it is right now.

Yes, all they needed was a mercenary playlist that shuffles players. It's so simple. Groups versus individuals is what ruined peoples fun. Now I'm worried this new MM won't be resolved.

HelloMeow

Now I'm worried this new MM won't be resolved.

There seems to be a huge amount of players who think this new matchmaking is horrible on here, on Respawn's forums and on Reddit. I don't think it will go unnoticed.

But you never know. It wouldn't be the first time.

E92 M3

There seems to be a huge amount of players who think this new matchmaking is horrible on here, on Respawn's forums and on Reddit. I don't think it will go unnoticed.

But you never know. It wouldn't be the first time.

It needs to be resolved before the general population ditches the game. We will wait, but most people will say fuck it. I just want this game to be successful.

crocor

Neo Member
I´m on Gen 4 and for me the hardest challenge is not the charge rifle, is the RE-45 autopistol. It feels like a water gun. It takes forever to kill while with the shotgun is only one hit. Anybody else?

E92 M3

I´m on Gen 4 and for me the hardest challenge is not the charge rifle, is the RE-45 autopistol. It feels like a water gun. It takes forever to kill while with the shotgun is only one hit. Anybody else?

Don't force it, use the pistol in natural situations. Also, when you catch someone from behind.

crocor

Neo Member
Don't force it, use the pistol in natural situations. Also, when you catch someone from behind.

Even if I catch them from behind and I shot them for a few seconds they have time to turn around and kill me. It´s driving me insane. I literally hit them for like it feels forever and nothing happens.

Izuna

Banned
Even if I catch them from behind and I shot them for a few seconds they have time to turn around and kill me. It´s driving me insane. I literally hit them for like it feels forever and nothing happens.

It has almost the same TTK as the Compact SMG. Make sure you are holding it down, I didn't realise it was automatic for a long time.

Montresor

Up to 40 Capture The Flag wins so far. It feels amazing to contribute in a positive way to a CTF match. I love seeing myself at the top of the leaderboard almost every match with 3 kills, 16 deaths, and 3 flag captures. "Suck my dick K/D'ers" is what I usually think, lol.

My favourite two events in CTF so far:

1) Using a Stryder with a prepped core, I left my Titan next to the enemy flag, grabbed the flag, hopped back into the Titan, activated my core, and then used infinite dash to get back to my base and score the flag within seconds, haha. "Xbox Record That"

2) On Lagoon, grabbing the flag from the wooden hut base, and using zip lines to traverse the ENTIRE map back to my base within 15 seconds, scoring a point. I tried recording it but messed up.

Went on a sick run last night, I dunno if I was just matched with new players or what but my lifetime K/D is at 1.4 or something but the last 10 games it is over 3.5. Not nearly as good as some other folks around here but my avg K/D in FPS's float around 1.1 so I'll take it. Feels good man, game is addicting as hell.

Quick question, suppressor or extended mags on the carbine? Can't decide. Are there any stats out there defining the penalty for going silent?

There seems to be alot of "BULLSHIT!" moments with my friend and I lately. The hit detection lag can be super frustrating at times. Fortunately, I know how to keep my cool. My friend though, broke his mouse in rage last night lol.

I'm not sure what's up but this has been the same for me. I've been getting killed after I run behind walls a lot which didn't happen much before.

Yep, having a lot of those issues too. Really weird.

Lima

Quick question, suppressor or extended mags on the carbine? Can't decide. Are there any stats out there defining the penalty for going silent?

Suppressor. Not showing up on the map > 10 extra bullets (if you need the whole mag to kill someone you didn't deserve the kill anyway)

Alx

I'm finally Gen 5, with the infamous "shoot ejecting pilots" challenge. I understand the requirements will be lowered to 5 kills in a patch, but do we know when ? Right now it still at 50.

Suppressor all day; It does affect range and damage but I am not sure by how much. It is too invaluable in my mind.

Some people are fucking insane with a shotgun. I swear they one shot me from across a room like it's nothing.

I have been 'sniped' from a fair distance. The hit box seems to allow for: point-gun-in-near-enough-general-direction-and-fire.

Typomancer

Neo Member
Getting critical shots with the Charge Rifle is the only thing holding me back from Gen 5 at this point.

I just seem to have the hardest time hitting the red spots on a moving Titan with the charge rifle, but I’ve killed plenty of titans with it. I heard that it’s possible to rodeo titans and shoot their critical areas that way but I’m unsure of the exact technique. Last resort is going on LTS but I want to wait for my group of friends to join up with.

Alx

Getting critical shots with the Charge Rifle is the only thing holding me back from Gen 5 at this point.

I just seem to have the hardest time hitting the red spots on a moving Titan with the charge rifle, but I’ve killed plenty of titans with it. I heard that it’s possible to rodeo titans and shoot their critical areas that way but I’m unsure of the exact technique. Last resort is going on LTS but I want to wait for my group of friends to join up with.

I had good results using my Titan (Atlas + ARC cannon) as a decoy, planting it in auto mode in a place where he cannot be surrounded (near a wall in Air Base, or a turret in Boneyard) and letting other titans come. Once they're busy brawling with each other, you have enough time to aim at their weak points, and it provides good support to your Titan too (of course I was lucky not to have pilots trying to shoot me, but since I wasn't too far away from the fight, they may not have noticed the beam)
I could get 3-4 critical hits in several games, which isn't that much but enough to get the challenge.

I've been leaning towards the suppressor as well. With the carbine I typically play a cloaked mid ranged game from rooftops and other vantage points so it makes sense to stay off the radar as long as possible.

After much research..

You can get Charge Rifle crits while rodeoing BUT the Titan's shields have to be down for it to count as a crit.

I'm not sure how much easier that is since it's hard to find a titan with shields down that isn't about to blow up. For me though it's always a pain to score that crit from a distance so that's how I've been trying to get the challenge done.

shandy706

Had a lot of fun this week playing. I rarely get to play, lucky to get in 4-6 hours a week, so the game doesn't get tired at all with me.

Punched a few guys...

ibrr9jmHDAws2b.gif

One of my favorite moments...literally seconds later...I had a pilot shooting at me from a walkway above and he decided to duck into a room when I shot at him.

Ended up winning the match for my team by making a direct hit, right through the doorway, with a cluster missile! Who says controller gameplay isn't accurate? LOL

ih5im3v6LQufj.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
After much research..

You can get Charge Rifle crits while rodeoing BUT the Titan's shields have to be down for it to count as a crit.

I'm not sure how much easier that is since it's hard to find a titan with shields down that isn't about to blow up. For me though it's always a pain to score that crit from a distance so that's how I've been trying to get the challenge done.

The best bet is hitting an autotitan constantly. If they are in doomed state you can still keep hitting them.

TrueGrime

Had a lot of fun this week playing. I rarely get to play, lucky to get in 4-6 hours a week, so the game doesn't get tired at all with me.

Punched a few guys...

One of my favorite moments...literally seconds later...I had a pilot shooting at me from a walkway above and he decided to duck into a room when I shot at him.

Ended up winning the match for my team by making a direct hit, right through the doorway, with a cluster missile! Who says controller gameplay isn't accurate? LOL

denz.jpg

Punched a few guys...

ibrr9jmHDAws2b.gif

ih5im3v6LQufj.gif

Those are both awesome!

Coconut

Banned
The system is intended to result in the same number of wins as losses.

In the previous system, which favored starting a match fast over a fair match, the better you were, the less likely you were to be facing an equal or better opponent, so the higher your match win percentage.

So now I'm going to be part of a bunch of matches where I get rolled on until my w/l ratio evens out? That doesn't sound like fun at all.

So now I'm going to be part of a bunch of matches where I get rolled on until my w/l ratio evens out? That doesn't sound like fun at all.

Oops looks like I quoted the wrong person.

Yeah it sucks playing this game solo now it's not fun at all. I have found matchmaking to be almost just as unbalanced and I'm waiting alot longer to find games. What about people at the top of the skill curve are we having to wait longer to find players that match our skill?

It almost feels like being punished for having good stats. Also why is it starting games with out filling the teams? Multiple times I have a team of six on the other side then me and two or three people on the other team.

Last night was the first time I got angry with this game and turned it off. I'm getting stuck against stacked teams with awful teammates and tossed into loosing games constantly. I also think I spent more time in a lobby than actually playing the game. Up until the matchmaking change I was playing like 5 hours a day. Well it was fun while it lasted I supose.

jamsy

So now that the game has been out for a while, what's the consensus on playing Titanfall with a gamepad on the PC? Doable? Or suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom