• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

I've been leaning towards the suppressor as well. With the carbine I typically play a cloaked mid ranged game from rooftops and other vantage points so it makes sense to stay off the radar as long as possible.
I think the damage reduction with the Suppressor is more significant than the advantage it holds.

I find that just using your Parkour skills well will help you get away from enemies that have you spotted on radar. I'll take the Extended Magazine instead, thanks.

StayAware

Neo Member
So now that the game has been out for a while, what's the consensus on playing Titanfall with a gamepad on the PC? Doable? Or suicide?

Elitists will try say otherwise but my 5 friends and I are all rolling with the DS4 and we're running into no difficulties playing KB/M players. Of course this could be different in the competitive scene.

The average skill level on this game seems pretty low, that and the aim assist makes it pretty even in pubs...so far.

antitrop

The best bet is hitting an autotitan constantly. If they are in doomed state you can still keep hitting them.

Yup, as someone said before, best bet is to just load up Militia Mission 1 on Fracture, then run straight towards the B building where you can easily Rodeo an AI Auto-Titan.

Jito

Banned
Lol this matchmaking is just outright broken now, just joined a half empty game in progress, 3 vs 6. Great matchmaking fix Respawn.

Match ended 146 to 400 still 3 vs 6.

tauke

Yup, as someone said before, best bet is to just load up Militia Mission 1 on Fracture, then run straight towards the B building where you can easily Rodeo an AI Auto-Titan.

What I did instead is to rodeo a Titan that is engaged with another Titan in a heat of a battle and get my crit from there.

I find doing the campaign way is longer since there is enemy pilot waiting to ambush me (I guess they know I want to score a crit lol).

Lol this matchmaking is just outright broken now, just joined a half empty game in progress, 3 vs 6. Great matchmaking fix Respawn.

I've experienced the same thing today except I was in the 6-man team. lol
We won

I don't know if I have the courage and will to play the game at the moment. Last night was a balls up in regards to waiting and then entering half empty teams (and playing against half empty teams).

I want to play the game as a distraction but it just sounds like a miserable affair which isn't going to help my mood.

Coconut

Banned
Oops looks like I quoted the wrong person.

Yeah it sucks playing this game solo now it's not fun at all. I have found matchmaking to be almost just as unbalanced and I'm waiting alot longer to find games. What about people at the top of the skill curve are we having to wait longer to find players that match our skill?

It almost feels like being punished for having good stats. Also why is it starting games with out filling the teams? Multiple times I have a team of six on the other side then me and two or three people on the other team.

Last night was the first time I got angry with this game and turned it off. I'm getting stuck against stacked teams with awful teammates and tossed into loosing games constantly. I also think I spent more time in a lobby than actually playing the game. Up until the matchmaking change I was playing like 5 hours a day. Well it was fun while it lasted I supose.

I feel like a major defender of the game and have made videos saying some really positive things and I won't be touching this game until I hear that it's "fixed".

Hubble

Oops looks like I quoted the wrong person.

Yeah it sucks playing this game solo now it's not fun at all. I have found matchmaking to be almost just as unbalanced and I'm waiting alot longer to find games. What about people at the top of the skill curve are we having to wait longer to find players that match our skill?

It almost feels like being punished for having good stats. Also why is it starting games with out filling the teams? Multiple times I have a team of six on the other side then me and two or three people on the other team.

Last night was the first time I got angry with this game and turned it off. I'm getting stuck against stacked teams with awful teammates and tossed into loosing games constantly. I also think I spent more time in a lobby than actually playing the game. Up until the matchmaking change I was playing like 5 hours a day. Well it was fun while it lasted I supose.

Sounds common sense but when you play and find good team mates, invite them to your lobby and try to search with them or to a the party. I've done this a lot on XBL finding people much more social there.

E92 M3

Yeah, it seems like people are leaving a lot. Never had that happen before in the old ways. Really hope they fix it by the time Gooser patch comes out.

Sounds common sense but when you play and find good team mates, invite them to your lobby and try to search with them or to a the party. I've done this a lot on XBL finding people much more social there.

I should be able to play solo if I choose to and this matchmaking makes that a very frustrating experience. Also no one talks in the game ever I'm not sure if game chat is bugged or what but i haven't talked to another player since the first week. Im not sure why respawn thought skill based matchmaking would work. It didn't work in black ops 2 and that game probably had triple the player base. Give me the best connection and quick matchmaking then shuffle the teams after every game. I find peoples connection in game are a lot worse now after the update.

Jito

Banned
4cukoU9.jpg

So last four games have been a stomping spree like this, people are quitting the other team and getting replaced by other super low ranked players. I thought the ranking match up was part of the update?

Games today seem to be join a stomping session mid game or been on the mega team wrecking poor low rank players. Is this meant to be fun?

E92 M3

So last four games have been a stomping spree like this, people are quitting the other team and getting replaced by other super low ranked players. I thought the ranking match up was part of the update?

Games today seem to be join a stomping session mid game or been on the mega team wrecking poor low rank players. Is this meant to be fun?

No kind of matching system can place individuals against parties and have the individuals be very successful. That was always the very core of the issue. We need a mercenary playlist simple as that. I hope the devs are reading.

Hyb

Banned
360 "info"

XBOX 360 UPDATE FROM DARYL ALLISON
Pilots of the Frontier, this is Daryl Allison, Sr. Producer at Bluepoint Games, developers of the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall.

When approached by Respawn to develop the Xbox 360 version, we knew a project like this would be a challenge and we knew the commitment it would take would be worth it. How does one start with a title focused on leveraging the power of the Xbox One and PC and make it look and feel just as good (and fun!) on the Xbox 360? Thankfully, Respawn saw in us what they wanted - the drive and ability to make hardware do the impossible - which put us in this fortunate position of launching Respawn’s new franchise with them.

Titanfall on the Xbox 360 is the true experience: all the maps, modes, pilots, titans, weapons, burn cards, you name it, found in the Xbox One and PC versions. The game looks great, sounds great, and above all it plays great. There are of course some technical differences that are due to the technical limitations of the hardware – for example, the game runs above 30fps - but rest assured, the intense 6v6 wall-running, titan dropping action is all there.

We wanted Xbox 360 gamers playing Titanfall at the same time as everyone else, but it needed more time. EA and Respawn made the right call and the extra time has paid off. Titanfall on the Xbox 360 is definitely a game that Bluepoint Games is proud of, and we’re excited for you to get your hands on it. Beginning April 8th, millions of Xbox 360 gamers around the world will hear those thrilling words “Your titan is good to go. Call it when ready”, and we couldn't be more excited.

Looking forward to Pilot Hunting with you on the Frontier!

http://www.titanfall.com/news/xbox-360-update-from-daryl-allison

Jito

Banned
No kind of matching system can place individuals against parties and have the individuals be very successful. That was always the very core of the issue. We need a mercenary playlist simple as that. I hope the devs are reading.

That's not party as far as I can tell though, I just joined this game alone randomly.

Edit: Just asked them and no one on my team is in a party.

They could of just done team shuffling after every round with the old matchmaking. Has been frustrating the last two days waiting for matches, people on my team quiting out when we are loosing, people on the the other team quiting out when they are loosing. Also if they are going to do skill based matchmaking they should at least give you some indication of the skill division you are in, that way you can know if you are improving or not.

I just plucked up the courage to play the game and I am in the lobby for attrition.

Our team has 3 players the other has 5 players. Where do you think the next player gets added? The team with 5 players.

This is exactly the issue I had last night. I think the game can collect some virtual dust whilst this new and 'improved' matchmaking exists.

E92 M3

They could of just done team shuffling after every round with the old matchmaking. Has been frustrating the last two days waiting for matches, people on my team quiting out when we are loosing, people on the the other team quiting out when they are loosing. Also if they are going to do skill based matchmaking they should at least give you some indication of the skill division you are in, that way you can know if you are improving or not.

You can't shuffle teams if the other side is another party. There would be no downside to having a mercenary variety pack playlist. It would be very appreciated by the lone wolves.

You can't shuffle teams if the other side is another party. There would be no downside to having a mercenary variety pack playlist. It would be very appreciated by the lone wolves.

True, I just meant in general. I did not run into very many full parties before the patch though.

tauke

This matchmaking is really weird. Was crushing the other team for two rounds non stop and now back to finding opposing team...

Just let me do my regen challenge.

E92 M3

True, I just meant in general. I did not run into very many full parties before the patch though.

Initially, I played alone but met more people on here and started playing with them. As people became more advanced, playing alone wasn't as fun due to getting matched with parties. That's where the problems stemmed from. People playing alone and getting destroyed by organized parties. From there, matchmaking was being blamed for not matching properly. But there is no way to match parties correctly unless it's strictly other parties. Now they introduced this new matchmaking that tries very hard to party people accordingly, and the consequence of that is an increased wait time. Does it fix the problem? No, people are still getting matched against parties, but now they are quitting from frustrations and long wait times.

Occam's razor

It would have been easiest to implement a mode for only individuals. It would have solved everything. People playing in modes with parties enabled would be cognitively aware they risk facing organized teams. This game needs quick, snappy, matchmaking. That is the landscape we live in now. People want to play, and they want to play fast.

COD is successful because it puts people in the game as quick as possible.We need that in Titanfall - just how it was before launch. Respawn rushed it with this one and they need to fix it quick. They've been really good about listening to feedback, so I have faith there.

Also, while they are at it, games joined in progress shouldn't count for a win or loss. That would also alleviate a lot of headache. It's just very confusing all of my aforementioned solutions are so simple and logical. Am I missing something, guys? If I can think of this why can't a studio full of super smart developers?

I love Titanfall and want to see it flourish, but as well all know multiplayer shooters can die real quick if it's not one of the big ones - and even still, Halo 4 fell. I want Titanfall to be one of the big ones.

Dosia

There is no reason a bunch of re-genned players should be matched up with non genned players. While it doesn't determine skill entirely, the players re-genning probably have played a lot more and will generally be better. I mean once you hit gen 2 or 3 then who cares if you match up with greater gens, but seriously a bunch of gen 3+ against ppl still in the gen1 teens is silly.

I sitll havnt even played all the damn maps, yet know the ones I have played in and out. I am a level 20 gen 1 and i was playing against a bunch of gen 4's.

Kalm

I think Respawn has done a great job responding to feedback and making changes...

...but it feels like most of the changes they come up with -- matchmaking, defense scoring, gooser challenge difficulty -- have been overkill.

They went so far past (passed?) an acceptable middle-ground that they've created new, bizarro problems that just mirror the old ones.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys, I just bought an XB1 and Titanfall. I'll be playing a ton tonight. Is there a group of gaffers that squad up regularly? Feel free to add me, my gt is monsterfracas.

HelloMeow

The easiest and quickest way to get balanced teams would be to actually move players around, in order to balance the teams. Instead, the game keeps teams together.

I think it's inefficient and pushes teams towards becoming unbalanced. Good teams will stick together, while players will constantly leave "bad" teams. On top of that, it gets more and more difficult to find two balanced teams for more and more skilled players, because there are simply less of them.

Combine that with the slow matchmaking, and both the number of players on each team, and their skill will become unbalanced. It's just a perfect storm of frustrating problems.

Getting critical shots with the Charge Rifle is the only thing holding me back from Gen 5 at this point.

I just seem to have the hardest time hitting the red spots on a moving Titan with the charge rifle, but I’ve killed plenty of titans with it. I heard that it’s possible to rodeo titans and shoot their critical areas that way but I’m unsure of the exact technique. Last resort is going on LTS but I want to wait for my group of friends to join up with.

Play the first campaign mission. Each side has a AI titan you can attack. I played the first campaign mission a few times and finished the challenge quickly.

Hey guys, I just bought an XB1 and Titanfall. I'll be playing a ton tonight. Is there a group of gaffers that squad up regularly? Feel free to add me, my gt is monsterfracas.

Yo dude you EST? Message me on Twitter when you're online and I'll happily play some games with you.

tauke

Now I got 8 Titan burn cards. Saving it when I done with Gen 5 challenges so at the start of Gen 5, I can call in Titan at the start of the match lol.

Izuna

Banned

If I sort of my coursework tonight I should be able to play where it is afternoon for you in the US (assuming you are US). I want to give Variety Pack a go if you're down. Invite Perfect Izuna if I'm ever online.

TrueGrime

Always up to play with some GAF peeps. Added.
GT: Majjam

..just in case.

TrueGrime

Probably old to some of you but I just came across info on the TF page that people who completed the 50 gooser challenge requirement will get recognized somehow in an update. That's pretty cool.

Izuna

Banned
I hope they hurry with certifying that patch, it makes LTS a bore to play because it seems everyone is Gooser hunting.

Think of it this way, they wouldn't be playing LTS. But TBH Gen 5's are not the worst, Gen 3's are or whatever has the Plasma Rifle requirements.

b0bbyJ03

Does anyone here switch between both the KB/M and a gamepad? I feel like I can actually play better with the gamepad in this particular game when in others I don't fair so well (might be because i was primarily a console player though)

Coconut

Banned
Does anyone here switch between both the KB/M and a gamepad? I feel like I can actually play better with the gamepad in this particular game when in others I don't fair so well (might be because i was primarily a console player though)

That and the aggressive aim assist.

zou

So yeah, not finding any games in Europe anymore, so have been playing US-East. And I think someone already mentioned this, but compared to playing against lagging players it's actually not as bad and often easier.

TBH I think the numbers aren't that great for the matchmaking to be effective, and you have to strike the balance (lol) between how quickly you can get into a game and how equally the teams are matched. You really need a large pool of diverse players like with CoD and Halo for it to have both fast and accurate matchmaking.

Kalm

wtfmatchmaking.jpg

Ok this has to be the worst out of the games I've played today. Again random matchmaking, no parties involved at all.

Damn, you should send a gift-basket to the top 3 on the other side for (presumably) sitting through that entire match. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom