• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoodWinked

you know looking back i kind of enjoyed the 50 gooser challenge really taught me about pilot ejects and my aim but this 100 wins crap is awful at Gen8. It takes so long i've had all my other G8 challenges finished and lvl50 after 40 games.

Izuna

Banned
you know looking back i kind of enjoyed the 50 gooser challenge really taught me about pilot ejects and my aim but this 100 wins crap is awful at Gen8. It takes so long i've had all my other G8 challenges finished and lvl50 after 40 games.

16-17 hours of wins lmao.

I agree with the gooser as well. It wasn't the longest and I learnt a lot because of it.

I think if a player can't learn to get at least 2 Gooser a game looking for it, then don't let them regen. Making players like that regen without learning causes the Gen 8/9 issue, where people keep quitting if they are not winning/mvp.

16-17 hours of wins lmao.

I agree with the gooser as well. It wasn't the longest and I learnt a lot because of it.

I think if a player can't learn to get at least 2 Gooser a game looking for it, then don't let them regen. Making players like that regen without learning causes the Gen 8/9 issue, where people keep quitting if they are not winning/mvp.

did you get it organically just playing the game or did you move to last titan standing and wait for pilot ejections? I was trying not to play last titan standing for gooser kills but I'm not getting many in attriction or hard point. Im also kind of enjoying being stuck at 5th generation this is the first challenge I didn't have done when I hit 50. I'm getting to use the CAR SMG more now that I'm not regenerating or grinding weapon challenges..

did you get it organically just playing the game or did you move to last titan standing and wait for pilot ejections? I was trying not to play last titan standing for gooser kills but I'm not getting many in attriction or hard point. Im also kind of enjoying being stuck at 5th generation this is the first challenge I didn't have done when I hit 50. I'm getting to use the CAR SMG more now that I'm not regenerating or grinding weapon challenges..

I did it in pilot hunter. Because those kills actually help the team tremendously. People want to stay alive as much as possible so they eject, etc etc.

E92 M3

I did it in pilot hunter. Because those kills actually help the team tremendously. People want to stay alive as much as possible so they eject, etc etc.

Fortunately, they addressed gooser and I never have to hear about it again lol! 100 wins is cake walk compared to situational bullshit. Can't wait for that patch to come.

Fortunately, they addressed gooser and I never have to hear about it again lol! 100 wins is cake walk compared to situational bullshit. Can't wait for that patch to come.

I remember looking at the challenge, then looking at my stats. I went, I have to win 1/4 of the games I've played thus far.

Surprisingly, my roomie and I won ~90% of the matches we played while I was gen 8. It took me a weekend, but it got done without any real pain at all. Variety pack'd it up. Surely It was the highest win percentage I had for a period yet. It rose my overall win percentage up by like 5 or 6%

Lima

Wait until you are actually gen 8 then lol.

I actually loved the gooser challenge the better I got at it.

Abbie posted on the Respawn twitter that she created a thread on the respawn forums to track matchmaking issues if anyones interested heres the link http://t.co/6lT8ZwZdNk

I hope they fix this quickly last night was the first time I got mad and turned off the game I keep getting put on unbalanced teams. I didn't really have a problem with the previous matchmaking it just needed to shuffle teams.

E92 M3

I remember looking at the challenge, then looking at my stats. I went, I have to win 1/4 of the games I've played thus far.

Surprisingly, my roomie and I won ~90% of the matches we played while I was gen 8. It took me a weekend, but it got done without any real pain at all. Variety pack'd it up. Surely It was the highest win percentage I had for a period yet. It rose my overall win percentage up by like 5 or 6%

Whenever I play with Izuna, we never lose a game. In fact it's so unfair that I browse the internet while playing sometimes lol.

Wait until you are actually gen 8 then lol.

I actually loved the gooser challenge the better I got at it.

I can shoot any ejecting pilot out of the sky if I needed to. The problem arose from the situational luck required. Some would cloak, some wouldn't eject, some jumped out normally. And I didn't want to play LTS. Also, didn't want to completely change my playstyle to just sit back and wait. It sucked.

Obscured

Whenever I play with Izuna, we never lose a game. In fact it's so unfair that I browse the internet while playing sometimes lol.

I can shoot any ejecting pilot out of the sky if I needed to. The problem arose from the situational luck required. Some would cloak, some wouldn't eject, some jumped out normally. And I didn't want to play LTS. Also, didn't want to completely change my playstyle to just sit back and wait. It sucked.

What Titan weapon do you use? I'm a few regens away from having to worry about that challenge, but I've only been successful with the chain gun and only have three so far.

How much have some people played this game? I feel like I've put in quite a bit if time and I'm only 80% of the way through gen 3. I know the xp increases through the gens, but damn that is a lot if playtime.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Is XBL down for anyone else? I can't seem to connect to XBL even though my Xbox says my connection is up and running.

5ElsHa8.jpg

Rip in piece Titonfall

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Had a lot of fun this week playing. I rarely get to play, lucky to get in 4-6 hours a week, so the game doesn't get tired at all with me.

Punched a few guys...

ibrr9jmHDAws2b.gif

One of my favorite moments...literally seconds later...I had a pilot shooting at me from a walkway above and he decided to duck into a room when I shot at him.

Ended up winning the match for my team by making a direct hit, right through the doorway, with a cluster missile! Who says controller gameplay isn't accurate? LOL

ih5im3v6LQufj.gif
dude. So good. I'm loving Cluster Missile, definitely my favorite ordinance.

Can't wait to play tonight after dinner...

Izuna

Banned

I got the first 15 playing LTS and ir was so inconsistent. I got like 5 in one game then nothing at all for 10 games. I then went to play Pilot Hunter and Campaign and I god nearly 3 a game. For the most part, Pilot Hunter is the best mode to play for it... Lot's of auto eject so you can predict where they will be. The other 13 I got after Gen 5 were in Pilot Hunter. I play 40mm now so I don't get any anymore though.

100 wins was about twice as long and I only lost around 10 games.

Honestly though, 50 Gooser and 100 Wins suffer from the problem of taking so long it feels like a countdown rather than a challenge. 100 wins was the worst, because I would type in a calculator how long it would take.

Linius

What's up!!! Added you. Hope we get to play, bro.

I guess you added my XBL tag then? I'm playing this on PC though :p

If I had an Xbox One I would have probably gone console but choosing between 360 or PC this seemed the better choice. I need to get some more time to play though, hopefully this weekend finally.

E92 M3

What Titan weapon do you use? I'm a few regens away from having to worry about that challenge, but I've only been successful with the chain gun and only have three so far.

How much have some people played this game? I feel like I've put in quite a bit if time and I'm only 80% of the way through gen 3. I know the xp increases through the gens, but damn that is a lot if playtime.

I used the Chain Gun. The goal is to aim at the apex of their jump and start firing.

Honestly though, 50 Gooser and 100 Wins suffer from the problem of taking so long it feels like a countdown rather than a challenge. 100 wins was the worst, because I would type in a calculator how long it would take.

no kidding. Glad I didn't even attempt to calculate how long it would take.

The best feeling is a fellow titan punches a pilot who's rodeoing you without any communication. Helps me remember there truly is goodness in the world.

If quad rockets and a stryder didn't kick so much ass I'd have this damn gooser challenge completed. I can't 1v1 a Titan nearly as well with any other weapon.

ugh I done playing on the xbox one until the fix for the controller freezing is release.
it been happening frequency today and just right now had to quit a match because of it.

pa22word

Did they fuck up match making? 8 gen players should not be all on one team vs guys who haven't hit their first regen.

Yeah, what little I've played of the game I've been hounded by this, which is probably why I haven't played it more, honestly. It's like I've put 2 hours into the game and still haven't won a single match because I've been tagged up with other lvl 1-10s or lvl 20s matched up against lvl 40-50s =\

Argonomic

@Argonomic.

The system may be intended to result in same number of wins and losses, but currently I'm not getting into any games at all. It might be the particular server here in Australia and South East Asia, but its almost like the community stopped playing overnight. I'm on XB1, and am stuck in a loop of trying to find team mates, or opposing team, or just getting booted from the server/connection back to main menu. it sucks.

Addressing this is a top priority.

Slayven

Yeah, what little I've played of the game I've been hounded by this, which is probably why I haven't played it more, honestly. It's like I've put 2 hours into the game and still haven't won a single match because I've been tagged up with other lvl 1-10s or lvl 20s matched up against lvl 40-50s =\

It's a slaughterhouse, goddamn ridiculous.

They need to introduce a penalty for leaving a game. Sucks when your left with half a team part way through a match.
Not sure what the pen should be, maybe you lose a handful of burn cards.
TLOU has good punishment in place, so does fifa. So it can be done,

antitrop

The best feeling is a fellow titan punches a pilot who's rodeoing you without any communication. Helps me remember there truly is goodness in the world.
Few things frustrate me as much as being forced to hop out of my Titan and engage the enemy pilot 1 on 1, when a bunch of teammates are right around me.

If quad rockets and a stryder didn't kick so much ass I'd have this damn gooser challenge completed. I can't 1v1 a Titan nearly as well with any other weapon.
I find the XO-16 with Accelerator to do fine work.

Is there a specific place to post my Origin username? Or will anywhere here do? Looking for any adds to hang out and play a bit of Titanfall here and there.

Seither2k. Just in case.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Variety has been working pretty well but matching is still taking a good bit and a lot of games aren't being filled out.

Just hit gen 4 earlier. Actually looking forward to this new one as I haven't messed with Quad Rockets much at all, and the sniper should be...interesting. But goddamn the initial startout is rough everytime, I can't play with cloak and vortex shield at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom