• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
The best feeling is a fellow titan punches a pilot who's rodeoing you without any communication. Helps me remember there truly is goodness in the world.

Doesn't have anything to do with goodness. Has everything to do with the pleasure of smashing a puny pilot with a massive titan fist. Is an easy kill on top of it. :)

antitrop

I always rock the Big Punch once I unlock it.

It's so much fun to dash around the map in the Stryder and punch everything, and it's extremely effective. In a Titan, it's common for me to get more Pilot kills with Crushing and Punching than with my weapon.

bluehat9

So I just got an xbone and the game today, went to the first campaign mission and laughed at the game for putting me and a couple other people under level 10 against a team of gen4-5 players.

But hey, at least I got high score on our team somehow!

TrueGrime

So I just got an xbone and the game today, went to the first campaign mission and laughed at the game for putting me and a couple other people under level 10 against a team of gen4-5 players.

But hey, at least I got high score on our team somehow!

Yeah. That blows. Did you jump right into the game or into the lobby first? Usually it just dumps you in the game. Hope you had fun regardless.

Hey I found a glitch the other day and saved the video + uploaded it to OneDrive. I have two questions.

First, how do I actually view it now on my computer and second, who should I give it to in hopes that it gets fixed?

All it is, is that when I tried ejecting from my Titan, I launched directly into one of those drop pods that grunts come out of just as it crashed down. As a result, I got stuck in there and could not do anything until I was shot and killed by a passing opposing player.

EDIT: Figured out how to make a link, if anybody wants to watch it. It's pretty chaotic and hard to follow, but I was unable to move once I got stuck and only was able to keep playing thanks to somebody killing me.

TrueGrime

Hey I found a glitch the other day and saved the video + uploaded it to OneDrive. I have two questions.

First, how do I actually view it now on my computer and second, who should I give it to in hopes that it gets fixed?

All it is, is that when I tried ejecting from my Titan, I launched directly into one of those drop pods that grunts come out of just as it crashed down. As a result, I got stuck in there and could not do anything until I was shot and killed by a passing opposing player.

Go to OD. Then videos. Then Xbox Game DVR. Select the video you saved. Then click 'share' at the top menu. Then click 'Get a link'. Choose 'view only'. Then Create link. Then shorten link. You can post it here in public or PM the Respawn representative here. He's damn good at responding to things.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Holy fuck. Have not experienced that on Xbox One side yet. That's crazy.
Yeah, this is why I just keep beating the drum. I have no idea if there's a solution or not, and I wouldn't really complain if I had experienced the problem from the start. But it just started happening randomly one day and hasn't worked since.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I like it when Titans that doomed mine think they're clear of danger. Sweet revenge from above

igzTO6UcxJMRN.gif

Anyone else still having massive issues finding matches in Australia?

Yep. Funny thing is i know the new matchmaking is only for Attrition etc but since the new update I have had more trouble getting matches regardless of mode. Don't even bother trying during the day weekdays as it seems nobody is playing. Made my day off friday quite frustrating tbh. I just started drinking and became sidetracked elsewhere after a couple of hours of same 4 guys in the lobbies waiting for a full match.

Yeah, this is why I just keep beating the drum. I have no idea if there's a solution or not, and I wouldn't really complain if I had experienced the problem from the start. But it just started happening randomly one day and hasn't worked since.

it happened to me twice, but luckily hasn't happened since. Was insane, and impossible to play.

TrueGrime

This is my best clip ever. I rodeo a guy. He has to jump out of his titan to engage me. When he does, I call my titan down on his and crush the fuck out of it. I'm shooting the guy when he is on the ground but he must be disoriented because he tried to hop back into what he thinks is his titan and right into the protective shield of death. GLORIOUS.

http://1drv.ms/1mNcIw9

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
This is my best clip ever. I rodeo a guy. He has to jump out of his titan to engage me. When he does, I call my titan down on his and crush the fuck out of it. I'm shooting the guy when he is on the ground but he must be disoriented because he tried to hop back into what he thinks is his titan and right into the protective shield of death. GLORIOUS.

Interesting sequence of events, lol

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
For some reason every time I try to record via ShadowPlay the screen turns black and I'm left with nothing but what looks like the HUD. What gives? Anyone else get this?

Gaz_RB

Ping is like 301 at the lowest today according to the data center thing on the title screen.

Anyone else getting this? Crazy.

antitrop

10/10

BradC00

Ping is like 301 at the lowest today according to the data center thing on the title screen.

Anyone else getting this? Crazy.

Yea my ping is like 300 all the time.

Then again I am in South Korea. And I'm playing on European servers.

Like 40 to the Asian servers, 160 to Aussies, 150-210 US, 300+ European, all the time.

ZeroX03

Banned
Does the Mexico VPN trick still work? Friend is trying and it's not working for him, price is showing in USD and not Pesos too.

EDIT: Credit cards weren't working but PayPal does. $40USD. Literally half the retail price he would've paid otherwise.

Some amazing games last night. After a frustrating afternoon i was all "**** this game", hopped on in a party of friends in the evening and had a brilliant session. First game was a hardpoit that we lost 300-295 or so. Then we gave new matchmaking a go on Attrition - we are all badn(0.6kd) - and it did seem to find a pretty decent group for us. Still a few too many"halfway across the map, perfect aim" players for my liking but lots of fun was had

What gun /sight is the "best" for someone like me with relatively poor aim? Obviously shotgun for close quarters but i am mainly rocking carbine with hcog. I look at comments here such as "hey dmr is a two shot kill" and just laugh as i need to shoot the flor/ceiling/fresh air behind and in front of the player before i get sights on them usually..

DarkFlow

Banned
Yeah, what little I've played of the game I've been hounded by this, which is probably why I haven't played it more, honestly. It's like I've put 2 hours into the game and still haven't won a single match because I've been tagged up with other lvl 1-10s or lvl 20s matched up against lvl 40-50s =\

Also why I've not played this game in over a month.

teokrazia

The game was starting to feel stale, but Variety Pack saved me, giving it a freshness boost. So far I was definitely underestimating the fun I could have in Last Titan Standing.

Alx

Haha. That is a crazy glitch.

Got one myself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckEpsoR3l7o

Ha, like a gigantic mouse trapped in a cage. :D

I'm currently gen 5, and wonder if I'll ever be able to get even 5 kills for the Gooser Challenge. I could get an ejecting pilot in my line of sight a few times, but never managed to kill it (wasn't even close with titan weapons, I must have gotten one or two hits with a carbine but it wasn't enough). I also tried the rodeo method, but I never can't find the pilot when we're both in the air. :/

The first few aren't bad but I am probably going to quit when sniper challenges come up. I don't do much sniping in shooters anyway, and sniping in Titanfall just looks boring.

I was fearing that too, being terrible at aiming and sniping in particular, but it wasn't that bad in the end (once you unlocked different visors), I actually had some fun doing it. I focused first on shooting grunts, which helped improving my aim with such easy and plenty targets, and shoot the occasional pilot. In the end you can even get great scores in attrition, since you'll kill many enemies and not die much (provided you don't stay too long at the same place).

Nokterian

I love this game but stopped playing a few weeks ago. Netcode feels still broken and the new matchmaking is not making it any better for the moment. Diablo 3 is sucking the time out of me for the moment.

Man, I will never understand how Respawn thought it would be a good idea to let Titans pickup, carry, return and capture the flag in CTF.

I mean, all it takes is playing one CTF match on Training Ground to realize what a broken mess it is. Use a Titan burn card at the beginning and you're pretty much guaranteed a win.

Guessing they won't bother to change it either which sucks. Can't wait to finally get the 50 wins out of the way for the achievement because I'd rather play Pilot Hunter at this point.

Bydobob

Boy am I not enjoying the plasma railgun challenge. I normally find an argument for most weapons but this one is plain bad at everything. Unresponsive and with poor spread, it's hopeless against a moving pilot. You then only get 4 shots (5 with the upgrade) and it takes too long to reload. For all these handicaps you'd expect it to be powerful but it feels like a pea-shooter. An opponent with a 40mm cannon and half a brain will shred you to bits in no time. Can we have a rethink on this weapon please Respawn?

Gen 3 isn't all bad though. SMG is a little beast with great hip-fire accuracy and a surprisingly effective medium range. It sounds psychotic too which is always fun. Match-making has been good of late too, though my scoring with the railgun has probably made a few matches closer than they should be!

Izuna

Banned
Boy am I not enjoying the plasma railgun challenge. I normally find an argument for most weapons but this one is plain bad at everything. Unresponsive and with poor spread, it's hopeless against a moving pilot. You then only get 4 shots (5 with the upgrade) and it takes too long to reload. For all these handicaps you'd expect it to be powerful but it feels like a pea-shooter. An opponent with a 40mm cannon and half a brain will shred you to bits in no time. Can we have a rethink on this weapon please Respawn?

Gen 3 isn't all bad though. SMG is a little beast with great hip-fire accuracy and a surprisingly effective medium range. It sounds psychotic too which is always fun. Match-making has been good of late too, though my scoring with the railgun has probably made a few matches closer than they should be!

Don't use the Instant Shot. This weapon is very good imo. Charge all the way and you can almost kill any Titan. Shoot a titan with no shields and you get a win. Just adjust your playstyle, it isn't like using a sniper.

Boy am I not enjoying the plasma railgun challenge.

Not sure what mode you're playing but I found it easier to get in anything but Last Titan Standing.

It requires a different style of play, much like the DMR for a pilot.. with hanging back rather than charging forward.

I also didn't find the instant fire to be all that much better than the charge up standard.

Kalm

Man, I will never understand how Respawn thought it would be a good idea to let Titans pickup, carry, return and capture the flag in CTF.

I mean, all it takes is playing one CTF match on Training Ground to realize what a broken mess it is. Use a Titan burn card at the beginning and you're pretty much guaranteed a win.

Guessing they won't bother to change it either which sucks. Can't wait to finally get the 50 wins out of the way for the achievement because I'd rather play Pilot Hunter at this point.

This, so much this.

I get that Titan superiority is key in all modes but, in CTF, it just feels stupid. All the traversal mechanics are wasted when the most effective strategy is to just brute force your way along the ground.

The first few minutes of CTF matches -- before the Titans come out in force -- are usually the highlight for me. This game makes running away from people so much fun.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I luckily haven't had much issue with connections and the servers but the quality of the skill matching seems really off to me. Haven't had many close games; my team either dongs or we get wrecked.

Orca

Playing with three or four friends as a team if we see the Titanfall at the start of a match we just hang back and when it comes rushing in...boom. Concentrated fire from two or three people takes down a Titan quick.

Item Box

This, so much this.

I get that Titan superiority is key in all modes but, in CTF, it just feels stupid. All the traversal mechanics are wasted when the most effective strategy is to just brute force your way along the ground.

The first few minutes of CTF matches -- before the Titans come out in force -- are usually the highlight for me. This game makes running away from people so much fun.

It feels so good to evade a titan or two while on foot with the flag though

so good

Kalm

It feels so good to evade a titan or two while on foot with the flag though

so good

It really does.

I think a pilot flag-carrier has tools to deal with an attacking/chasing titan -- that part is fine.

I don't think a pilot defender can do much of anything against a titan flag-carrier. They can outrun, outgun, and outlast a pilot. Hell, bringing down the titan only gives its pilot a free boost to the finish line. :\

88random

I'm also gen 3, doing railgun challenges, but I don't think it's so bad. It just requires different style of play and right combo of abilities.
Think of it as a sniper for titans. Just stand back and support the team and if enemy titan comes to close, run away. I think it goes very well with Strider since you can move fast. Vortex shield goes well with Strider, it can protect you from a lot of damage. Atlas is also an ok choice because with the Damage Core and full charge you can oneshot everything except Ogre. I use electric smoke as Atlas because you have only two dashes, you can't escape so fast.
Those setups and i was MVP in my last three matches, which is very hard for railgun users.

But I agree it should be a little bit buffed, bigger cartridge or slightly faster travel time of the shot. And I don't find instant shot very usefull, it should also get bigger cartridge.

While we are at it, I think Strider's sprint speed should be better, it's still very vulnerable. It doesn't feel much faster than Ogre.

I don't know if I've been lucky so far or what but man, pubstompers are soo annoying in a 6v6 game. It took all my discipline to not bail out of the match.

Bydobob

Appreciate the tips guys. As a couple of you have touched upon my usual aggressive play is probably part of the problem. The times I've held back though got me assists rather than kills which is of no use to the challenge. Lots of ideas there though, I'm sure I'll get there in the end.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Appreciate the tips guys. As a couple of you have touched upon my usual aggressive play is probably part of the problem. The times I've held back though got me assists rather than kills which is of no use to the challenge. Lots of ideas there though, I'm sure I'll get there in the end.

I had trouble with that gun at first but then just kind of figured it out. I've got 3 kills left to complete the challenge and I'm at lvl 46. It wasn't a bad experience but it is not nearly as satisfying as ripping through shit with the chaingun + accelerator or 40MM burst fire.

Coconut

Banned

It gets better trust me. I just completed it yesterday. It's best to roll in a pack when using the gun and/or attack titans from a distance and aim for the crit spots.

My internship starts in a couple of days, which means I'll only be able to play this game during the weekends, and honestly, I don't mind. I haven't played all that much, but I'm already starting to feel a bit burnt out. It's a great game when it wants to be, but between the broken melee, overpowered shotgun, and crappy matchmaking, I'm not always having fun anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom