• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloMeow

Glad to know my thinking was correct on this issue. It seems annoying when I run and try to get into cover while I see someone distracted only to die where I should be safe, but it's not a problem with Titanfall.

But by saying "our current melee" means that you will change it? I hope you don't remove it's ability to OHKO.

I hope they tone down the lock-on and range a bit. Those are responsible for some ridiculous kills.

QualifiedUnkemptHagfish.gif

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...g-teammate-names-video-evidence-is-hilarious/

Jito

Banned
So the last three nights in a row I'm getting matched up with a lot of the same people on PC EU West. Is this a sign of a lack of players already? Also last night I couldn't find a game at all on Hardpoint and had to resort to playing Attriction. I'm worried now for what the DLC this month is going to do to the community. I thought the game was a big hit but the matchmaking wait times and same players popping up say otherwise.

Coconut

Banned
So the last three nights in a row I'm getting matched up with a lot of the same people on PC EU West. Is this a sign of a lack of players already? Also last night I couldn't find a game at all on Hardpoint and had to resort to playing Attriction. I'm worried now for what the DLC this month is going to do to the community. I thought the game was a big hit but the matchmaking wait times and same players popping up say otherwise.

No.

In other news I keep seeing new players everyday.

Roflobear

I haven't played this game in like a week but yesterday I noticed the improved matchmaking beta playlist was gone. Did they remove it to work on it or was it taken out of beta and implemented into the other playlists?

Jito

Banned
I think you are just seeing stuff I'm on the west coast of the US and see new players often and never have trouble finding matches.

You keep bringing this discussion up every few days about the community disappearing you were doing this even a few weeks ago.

Really? Quote me on that as this is the first time I've brought up my worries about the PC player base. (Lol you can't)

And I know what I'm seeing, the same handful of players on EU West at night time is disheartening and DLC will surely only make the problem worse, but you're right let's shoot down all discussion with smarmy one word answers.

Salsa

I feel like people are really careless in this game

aCyGh8D.jpg

I dont think im that great yet im mvp most of the time, always with the worst ping, and it seems to relate to the death counts of other players being always pretty high. They just throw themselves at everything, something about the adrenaline this game gives you makes them do stupid shit I guess

Coconut

Banned
I feel like people are really careless in this game

I dont think im that great yet im mvp most of the time, always with the worst ping, and it seems to relate to the death counts of other players being always pretty high. They just throw themselves at everything, something about the adrenaline this game gives you makes them do stupid shit I guess

Salsa, what do you think is going to happen when your ping is that high?

You have the advantage.

Salsa

You have the advantage.

Oh I doubt it. Pretty much every time I die it's because I reacted to something and the killcam comes to show me that my reaction was way too late.

Most of my kills come from positioning and knowing the map anyway. If im face to face with someone im deader than dead

either way, played with 50 ping in brazil some days and it's the same

Coconut

Banned
Any time I'm getting mercked on it's from people with lousy pings that are double mine. I was under the impression the code was giving advantage to the person with the higher ping.

I will try to get you guys some numbers from my friend at EA of Xbox One and PC player counts in the next few days. I will report back if some of you are interested.

Just got this game on the PC (on a disk no less, yes, they're still out there), and I'm enjoying it so far. One question, is there any benefit to doing the campaign? Big XP, new unlocks, etc.? Otherwise I may just leave it alone.

EvB

Just got this game on the PC (on a disk no less, yes, they're still out there), and I'm enjoying it so far. One question, is there any benefit to doing the campaign? Big XP, new unlocks, etc.? Otherwise I may just leave it alone.

You unlock the 2 Titan classes that you don't have, so it's pretty essential

Coconut

Banned

There's no disadvantage, but you do have to play the campaign to unlock all the titans.

I actually go in and play the campaign just so new players can have folks there to unlock the bots. Plus Spyglass's voice kinda gets me hawt.

Izuna

Banned

You have the advantage.

I'm tired of hearing this. I understand how easy it is to say "that dude was lagging when he killed me! BS!" Buy it really works both ways and a ping that is 30 compared to 130 isn't making the server side difference to give someone a striking advantage/disadvantage.

Your ping would have to be MUCH higher to be warping around the place, and in Titanfall you can hit someone who is *stuck* in mid air.

HelloMeow

Is there some kind of map rotation? With this matchmaking, I'm constantly playing the same maps. Smuggler's Cove most of all. I haven't played Colony, Corporate or Boneyard in days.

Scarecrow

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I keep losing connection for some reason. I can't get into any matches. I don't have problems with any other online game either.

Anyone know what might be wrong? I'm on the PC.

Roflobear

Is there some kind of map rotation? With this matchmaking, I'm constantly playing the same maps. Smuggler's Cove most of all. I haven't played Colony, Corporate or Boneyard in days.

That's funny because I've been seeing a lot of Corporate and Boneyard recently and not a lot of some other maps. I guess this game might not have the best map rotation

Nakazato

Ive had my 1st game on pc where all the ppl on the other team were aim botting it was bad 56 v 300

Need to fix that shit Respawn. More cheaters Hell

zou

I'm tired of hearing this. I understand how easy it is to say "that dude was lagging when he killed me! BS!" Buy it really works both ways and a ping that is 30 compared to 130 isn't making the server side difference to give someone a striking advantage/disadvantage.

Your ping would have to be MUCH higher to be warping around the place, and in Titanfall you can hit someone who is *stuck* in mid air.

I disagree. I'd rather have a shitty ping than face lagging players. In fact, I've been playing on us-east and I'm actually doing better than playing in Europe. And yes, 100+ ms is enough to be jerking around all over the place.

Finding a hardpoint match is infuriating. It takes way over 15 minutes to find a match and when I do it drops me off into a half finished game in a team that's getting absolutely rekt. The fuck happend? (PC)

over 30 minutes now of just a couple of dudes joining a lobby and leaving after a couple of minutes. This dumb game really needs a player count per game mode. How hard can it be actually implement that shit? They already gimped the featureset of this full priced game. the least these lazy assholes could do is make actually getting into a game and playing a little easier for the people. This is just ridiculous.

Lima

I disagree. I'd rather have a shitty ping than face lagging players. In fact, I've been playing on us-east and I'm actually doing better than playing in Europe. And yes, 100+ ms is enough to be jerking around all over the place.

Man I hope you never played games over the internet in the earlier days. You were a god amongst men with a 130ms ping.

Shady859

PSA: 360 version is very good. Just hit level 7 I see why they pushed it back and kept hush hush. It's not that much of a downgrade just not as pretty.

daedalius

Did everyone stop playing this on PC?

Matchmaking is literally taking 10-15m outside of the attrition playlist.

Also, playing with friends that aren't local is garbage. 150+ pings every time, Gg dedicated servers.

Did everyone stop playing this on PC?

Matchmaking is literally taking 10-15m outside of the attrition playlist.

Also, playing with friends that aren't local is garbage. 150+ pings every time, Gg dedicated servers.
Took me like 10 seconds for pilot hunter. Went beast mode for ten games or so and didn't lose a one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom