• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyunkel6

Just popping in to say that the game lives up to the hype (360 version). Played 3 hours straight. Most fun I had in a multiplayer FPS since MW2 and Black Ops.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Wow, Titanfall 360 has so many Texture pop-ins... but it's so fun I don't care.

My issue with the game is actually not having the ranks sync between 360 and One. I don't really feel like playing both regularly and re-gen-ing in both versions.

I can't believe you actually double dipped.

Korosenai

Wow, Titanfall 360 has so many Texture pop-ins... but it's so fun I don't care.

My issue with the game is actually not having the ranks sync between 360 and One. I don't really feel like playing both regularly and re-gen-ing in both versions.
Why would you buy it for 360 when you have it for the Xbone?

Cake Boss

Banned
I wish there were more game modes. Attrition gets more boring after a while, while Hardpoint is fun there is nothing else...CTF is bullshit without a decent team.

Izuna

Banned
See you guys in May. Ultimately decided NOT to bring my Xbox One to Tokyo. If my Surface Pro could handle it, I would double dip...

Roflobear

I just remembered why improved matchmaking isn't actually that improved. It takes forever to get into a match when the other team keeps backing out of the lobby

Coconut

Banned
Wtf is "bossy" are you trying to make that a thing?

It's already a thing. Have you never heard the phrase 'like a boss' or 'that's boss'?

That gun is worthless against good teams.

Edit** (If you play anything outside of Attrition)

In Attrition you can use it to farm AI.

Titanfall_re-45_autopistol.png

TrueGrime

That gun has saved my life when another guy and myself reenact the scene of pulp fiction and we can't kill each other. Then they make the mistake of reloading.

Moofers

Wow. I played the 360 version for a couple hours tonight and I think I have to buy this. It's almost as amazing as when I played it at pax last year. Just so much fun and so filled to the brim with sensory overload. I love it. This stupid game is going to run me $110 for the game and a year of xbl. Damn you Respawn! You're too damn good!

Razdek

Banned
I haven't played this game in a while and got back to it tonight and it's so much fun. Matchmaking is taking a lot longer than I remember at launch but it's probably due to the balance matchmaking or something. Our team was still playing against higher level players so hopefully they fix that.

Lol i went to a redbox to rent the 360 version and whoever rented it before me took the game photocopied it cut the paper out into a disc shape and returned it.....i hope this isnt a common thing that happens to redbox kiosk.

If you're on the Gooser challenge, try what I did tonight. Change to the Arc Cannon. Fuck the chain gun. I was tired of getting rolled today by this team bum rushing us so I switched to the arc cannon to get some splash multi-Titan damage and was shocked to get two of the easiest Gooser kills ever. The best part about doing the challenge with it is that splash damage works. You don't have to hit the Pilot dead on to kill him. I have hit very close to them lots of times and they die.

It also works GREAT for Pilots ejecting in buildings with low roofs. Normally that would be wasted potential with the chain gun but with the arc cannon, just aim above the Titan and fire. You would be surprised how many people eject, hit the roof, fall down, but double jump back up to get away and then you kill them.

It made trying to kill these cloaking bastards a frustrating chore to FUN. I would guess my Gooser success ratio before this was maybe.. 5 or 10%? If they cloak or move a little or the round ends with the chain gun then its a no go. With the arc cannon I think it was around.. 50%?

I used the capacitor, if you don't, it might be even easier as you don't have to fully charge. Idk how that affects range though. And range is really the only downside to using this method. You can't be as far away as you can with the chain gun, but really, how often are you that far away? I like to be a dash or so away with my Ogre.

Just some advice. I used it for maybe 90 minutes tonight and quickly jumped from like 34 to the 50 required. It was a breeze. And this was against decent/good people who mostly cloaked. With the chain gun you might see the jet pack exhaust but its hard to accurately see that and fire accordingly. With the arc cannon you see that exhaust and put your crosshair near there and BAM Gooser.

Roflobear

If you're on the Gooser challenge, try what I did tonight. Change to the Arc Cannon.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely give it a try once I unlock the arc cannon. If your method works, it's doubly beneficial since the two other Gen 5 requirements involve using the arc cannon

This Brain surgeon challenge is harder than the Gooser challenge.

Spitfire LMG + slammer mod makes killing titans way easier

Lima

If a pilot eject before it's doomed, will it still count?

Yes it counts on auto-titans too. You just need to stay on them and keep shooting them even when they are doomed because if someone else decides to shoot it you don't get the credit.

Basically you have to be the one that finishes it off.

tauke

44 more goosers to go. I count myself lucky using the arc cannon with capacitor trick... :(

The range of the arc cannon that bothers me the most though. You need to be close and with capacitor... need to fully charge before it can be fired. I guess with a 360 pad it is easier to control it compared to a mouse.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Ok, c'mon now. Gooser's not exactly a real word as far as I can tell... but it seems pretty clear that it's meant sort of like "mouser", that is, the thing that pwns mice. So the person doing the challenge is in fact the gooser. Making the things you're trying to get geese. So... 44 geese to go. You're welcome.

Can satchel charges be shot and destroyed?

It was either a coincidence in timing or I shot and destroyed one yesterday.
And died. Even though I was a very decent distance away.

I was way back from the well of the stair case and the charge was mid way up the stairs.

They are way too powerful.

Roflobear

I was way back from the well of the stair case and the charge was mid way up the stairs.

Pretty sure I had one of mine shot that killed me so yea I think so

jet1911

Maybe it was the burn card version of the satchel charge?

Last night on the PC, I was doing well until I wasn't. I've been playing variety pack, which isn't balanced yet (is it?). I know if I'm on the top of the leader board for my team, we got SPANKED. I thanked the other team for the thrashing and promptly logged out after two games in a row of Last Titan Standing (my team got blanked) and a match of Pilot Hunter where it ended with my entire team being killed and our dropship being dropped before it even began to take off.

It was hard not to rage quit during that last match when I was killed by Smart Pistol when it appeared to me that I unloaded a clip into a guy with my C.A.R. So it goes, I guess.

Anyone (west coast server) up for playing around 8-9 PM MST tonight? I would love to be able to get into another round of matches with a party of NeoGAFers. At least I would be assured of winning.

Ok, c'mon now. Gooser's not exactly a real word as far as I can tell... but it seems pretty clear that it's meant sort of like "mouser", that is, the thing that pwns mice. So the person doing the challenge is in fact the gooser. Making the things you're trying to get geese. So... 44 geese to go. You're welcome.

Isn't it just a Top Gun reference? Goose died ejecting. You are trying to kill pilots ejecting, thus, "Goose" them. 44 Goosers to go.

tauke

Haha you're right I need to brush up my English more. So 44 more ejected pilot kills to go.

Also arc mine and satchel charges can be blown up by shooting it. That's like the first thing I do whenever possible if I try to secure a hardpoint.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Whether it's a Top Gun reference or not isn't really the point. Yes you are trying to "goose" them, which still makes you the 'gooser'. If anything they would be the "goosee", if you really needed to disambiguate. I think the only question is whether "geese" is a better plural or if it should be "gooses" if it's the character and not the bird. Also the Top Gun reference doesn't mesh that well with what you're doing in the game. In the movie Goose dies in an accident at Top Gun, not in combat. From that perspective what would a "gooser" really be as a noun? It would be the act of dying in an ejection, not the act of killing an ejectee.

I mean, it's possible the other interpretation is what was intended. But that would just be a failure on Respawn's part!

For all you pros on the xbone and PC versions, can you suggest some good pilot and titan loadouts? I'm having trouble figuring out the best guns, titan, and tier kits and getting crushed pretty bad in the process.

Coconut

Banned

You can blow them up with grenades and the like but I'm pretty sure the only thing that can shoot them is the smart pistol, the one that locks on to things, not to be confused with the autopistol the gun that is a side arm that acts like a submachine gun.

For all you pros on the xbone and PC versions, can you suggest some good pilot and titan loadouts? I'm having trouble figuring out the best guns, titan, and tier kits and getting crushed pretty bad in the process.

Not a pro at all but my most common and balanced loadout is as follows:

Pilot
Carbine w/ holo scope and extended mags
Hammond P2011
Sidewinder
Frags
Cloak
Powercell (Quick reload when available)
Minion Detector

Titan
Atlas
40mm cannon w/ extended mags (or chaingun w/ extended)
Vortex Shield
Cluster missle
Regen Booster
Survivor (Core Accelerator when available)

tauke

You can blow them up with grenades and the like but I'm pretty sure the only thing that can shoot them is the smart pistol, the one that locks on to things, not to be confused with the autopistol the gun that is a side arm that acts like a submachine gun.

I'm pretty sure satchel can be shot with any weapon (never try melee on it haha) but the blast radius is still too big so if you're not careful, shooting it in closed area is a sure way to kill own self.

Well I'll be playing more Titanfall later so will check if satchel can be destroy with any weapon.

Edit: Geez just bail out from 4 matches since my team is pretty much doing nothing in Hardpoint. Time to play Attrition since being the only person to takeover a Hardpoint is useless....

HelloMeow

I don't know what it is, but this game is becoming more and more frustrating. The tight networking and hit detection seem to have disappeared.

I don't know what it is, but this game is becoming more and more frustrating. The tight networking and hit detection seem to have disappeared.

Keeps getting better and better for me. My K/D just keeps going up against pilots the more I play this game. I love how tight it plays and fast. Sooo so good.

Yeah, so had no clue you had to complete certain challenges to keep regenerating. SUCKS! Looks like I'm stuck at 50 for awhile while I use the Titan 40mm cannon. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom