• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

catmario

Now I got a 360 version!!

Indeed, 360 version doesn't have disc install.

Only 1GB HD contents install enable in this version.

Now I'm hearing dat airplain rising sounds. It's too noisy!

Daemul

What? Are you serious? You can't install the game? Oh FFS. I'll have to buy digital instead then. I refuse to play games without installing them, even if I have to deal with those texture pop ins.

Respawn dialed back or removed the newer matchmaking yesterday and I could definitely feel it. Ended up in some really mismatched sessions with some really green players (under level 5) on one side against some gen 7+ players on the other. Even had the distinct pleasure of playing against the worst horrible human being I've yet to meet in online gaming. Very good at the game but condescending at every opportunity.

The newer, albeit slower at times, matchmaking was fantastic and I'm really disappointed it was reverted or nerfed. I felt like once you got into a match things worked great and the matches were even, at least in attrition.

Oynox

Really?

EA Support Page:

You cannot play your game without this installation, nor can it be installed on flash memory sticks, or internal flash memory--such as the internal memory of the Xbox 360 Slim, or 4GB model. Hard Drives are available and sold separately for the Xbox 360 Slim/4GB, Arcade, and Core consoles.
http://help.ea.com/en/article/titanfall-xbox-installation-information/

Vitor711

Feel the need to point out that the latest Nvidia drivers (the ones that help with CPU limitations) gave me a huge boost in Titanfall.

Check them out if you have a mid-end rig like myself.

tauke

Feel the need to point out that the latest Nvidia drivers (the ones that help with CPU limitations) gave me a huge boost in Titanfall.

I did not notice any improvement from it (my rig is GTX 780 with i7 4770K OC to 4.2GHz) although after notching down the textures to High, my FPS is much more stable (mainly 60fps with dip to 40 occasionally when there is lots of stuff going on screen).

Although I play in borderless window mode since I need to quickly jump out of Titanfall for work stuff during downtime in the game like waiting in a lobby.

What are your specs?

I haven't really had too many issues with the game. The really strange thing is that when the on-screen frame rate drops the numbers in the top right showing my fps do not (I use the +cl_showfps 1 command in game properties).

It seems like the bad performance is almost coming from the server rather than the PC?!?

jet1911

The performances of this game are annoying as fuck... Everything set to low/off and I can't maintain 60fps at 1080p. My rig is certainly not the most powerful but The game is clearly poorly optimised. :(

tauke

The performances of this game are annoying as fuck... Everything set to low/off and I can't maintain 60fps at 1080p. My rig is certainly not the most powerful but The game is clearly poorly optimised. :(

The game performance is pretty random. Sometimes it hold up really well and suddenly the fps drop. Wish the next major update will address it.

Argonomic

I disagree. I'd rather have a shitty ping than face lagging players. In fact, I've been playing on us-east and I'm actually doing better than playing in Europe. And yes, 100+ ms is enough to be jerking around all over the place.

Laggy players are annoying because they can kill you and you can't dodge to avoid them because on their screen, you're already dead. However this is not an advantage, because they same thing happens to them when they are attacked. They also are at a huge disadvantage in the straight-up fight where both players see each other.

If their connection is really spotty they may warp around, and that can be its own advantage. This is potentially improvable.

E92 M3

Respawn dialed back or removed the newer matchmaking yesterday and I could definitely feel it. Ended up in some really mismatched sessions with some really green players (under level 5) on one side against some gen 7+ players on the other. Even had the distinct pleasure of playing against the worst horrible human being I've yet to meet in online gaming. Very good at the game but condescending at every opportunity.

The newer, albeit slower at times, matchmaking was fantastic and I'm really disappointed it was reverted or nerfed. I felt like once you got into a match things worked great and the matches were even, at least in attrition.

If they did - GOOD. FAST matchmaking is a million times more important than proper matchmaking. Now if our player pool was well over 2 million + it'd be different. Proper population management is very important for Titanfall.

Argonomic

The match seek times were just too long. We're working on a better solution.

Vitor711

I did not notice any improvement from it (my rig is GTX 780 with i7 4770K OC to 4.2GHz) although after notching down the textures to High, my FPS is much more stable (mainly 60fps with dip to 40 occasionally when there is lots of stuff going on screen).

Although I play in borderless window mode since I need to quickly jump out of Titanfall for work stuff during downtime in the game like waiting in a lobby.

Well that's because you have a high end pc. You're certainly not cpu limited.

I'm on a laptop with a 2gb 680m with an i7 at 2.4ghz.

Can max out most games fine but titanfall was inconsistent. My cpu is definitely the issue and the driver just made things more stable for me at least.

I do have textures one below insane. Is that very high or just high? Wondering if I should drop that setting a notch lower.

hoyalawya

Titanfall is my first ever online FPS. I finished Gen 1 with 0.3 K/D and 31% winning percentage (as you would expect from a noob). I have been improving quite a bit. I am now in Gen 4 with 0.8 K/D and 45% winning percentage. I now dominate in a match with people with lesser skills. My best match ever was 14 pilot kills, 3 titan kills, and 2 deaths. However, I still suck when facing the highly skilled players. One thing I noticed is that these players got really good aim and are always moving in 1-on-1 situations. Any tips on how to get started on strafing?

tauke

Well that's because you have a high end pc. You're certainly not cpu limited.

I'm on a laptop with a 2gb 680m with an i7 at 2.4ghz.

Can max out most games fine but titanfall was inconsistent. My cpu is definitely the issue and the driver just made things more stable for me at least.

I do have textures one below insane. Is that very high or just high? Wondering if I should drop that setting a notch lower.

Great to hear the driver helps for CPU bound scenario. Seems your texture settings is at Very High which is one notch below Extreme. With Very High textures at 1080p (16x CSAA), my VRAM usage hovers around 2.8GB while at High textures it is around 2.1GB.

However, I still suck when facing the highly skilled players. One thing I noticed is that these players got really good game and are always moving in 1-on-1 situations. Any tips on how to get started on strafing?

I think it comes with more experience. Keep trying to move and eventually you'll learn to coordinate your mouse movements with the avatar's movements on screen. You don't need to land every shot, but keep the crosshair around them. Remember some people have been playing FPSes for 15 years. It's going to take a while to get as finely tuned as some people.

HelloMeow

Great to hear the driver helps for CPU bound scenario. Seems your texture settings is at Very High which is one notch below Extreme. With Very High textures at 1080p (16x CSAA), my VRAM usage hovers around 2.8GB while at High textures it is around 2.1GB.

That's strange, because the game works perfectly on my 2gb 770 with very high textures.

tauke

That's strange, because the game works perfectly on my 2gb 770 with very high textures.

I'm running dual monitors so maybe that is part of the reason for the loss of performance on my rig?

Really wish there is a map selection in future update. Been rotating Training Ground, Rise and Angel City often.

Titanfall is my first ever online FPS. I finished Gen 1 with 0.3 K/D and 31% winning percentage (as you would expect from a noob). I have been improving quite a bit. I am now in Gen 4 with 0.8 K/D and 45% winning percentage. I now dominate in a match with people with lesser skills. My best match ever was 14 pilot kills, 3 titan kills, and 2 deaths. However, I still suck when facing the highly skilled players. One thing I noticed is that these players got really good aim and are always moving in 1-on-1 situations. Any tips on how to get started on strafing?

Just start strafing honestly. I have a hard time tracking people that are moving and jumping as well, which is what better players are going to do. I've found that following tips to remove mouse acceleration does help (use google) and then setting the sensitivity to something that feels ok and then just practice. Sometimes I'll just move around a map and find some object to aim at and then try to keep it in the sites while moving around and jumping. I also find it easier to follow a player if you are also moving, meaning don't try to follow them running while standing still, it's easier if you are moving in the same direction as them.

Radec

finally got a new GPU and I just played the game for the first time ever since I got the game at launch..

BcAfnux.gif

it was awesome.

So did they remove attrition from the variety pack? I played like 20 games in variety pack and never got attrition...but man was there a ton of CtF and Hardpoint

Camp Lo

Banned
Did everyone stop playing this on PC?

Matchmaking is literally taking 10-15m outside of the attrition playlist.

Also, playing with friends that aren't local is garbage. 150+ pings every time, Gg dedicated servers.

community's dying outside of attrition, I've been playing on europe servers lately.

Wow, I'm pretty impressed you kept at it!

I would just try it, it may be helpful at first to strafe around corners to get shots and maybe get the jump on people or get out of sight.

Vitor711

Ah, I'll knock it down a notch and see if I can get that steady 60FPS I'm after. Will see how that goes.

And yeah, very happy with the improved stability.Seen it on nearly all my games. Less bouncing down to high 40s in games where I should have a steady 60.

First time I've ever seen a driver have such a huge impact. It's super cool.

hoyalawya

Wow, I'm pretty impressed you kept at it!

I would just try it, it may be helpful at first to strafe around corners to get shots and maybe get the jump on people or get out of sight.

Thanks. Technically, I played BF4 online for about 25 minutes and quit because I got killed so many times during that 25 minutes and got only 1 kill. However, Titanfall was different and I did not feel that frustrated at first probably because I didn't die quickly (usually) once I got into my titan.

I am having a hard time with the sniper rifle & handgun Gen 4 to Gen 5 challenges though. I get that I need to be able to spot people quickly and aim where the target is moving to with the sniper rifle. But I get frustrated not being able to find a target and move into the open and die in mid-range encounters. I don't use the sniper rifle in hard point because I wouldn't be helping the team much.

The auto-handgun I think is underpowered. In close-range faceoff, I almost always lose with the auto-handgun. It seems that the only way to play it is by taking the opponent by complete surprise (like shooting them from the side, above, or behind).

I think that I will be stuck in Gen 4 for a while.

Defunkled

I've been kicked out of about half of my matches on 360 so far with the "Server error - client desynchronization" message. Anyone else having this issue?

Will there be an update today?

Also, how long should it take to get the achievement for playing each gamemode on every map? I have over 450 games played, but no achievement. I've also won at least 50 games in each game type.

Izuna

Banned
Will there be an update today?

Also, how long should it take to get the achievement for playing each gamemode on every map? I have over 450 games played, but no achievement. I've also won at least 50 games in each game type.

Took me 5 hours (not kidding) to see Rise in Pilot Hunter. Only map I hadn't seen, I got this after Gen 10 lmao

tauke

Only left 49 more goosers to go to regen to Gen 6 lol. Hated the Arc Cannon challenge so much as the range sucks.

Also after playing around with the video settings, I finally found the right settings for my rig to ensure solid 60fps. After disabling all form of AA at 1080p with High textures, the VRAM max usage hovers around 2.1-2.2GB as usual but my GPU load rarely hit 100% unless it is Lagoon which is the only map to stress my GTX 780.

I enabled the double-buffered V-sync in game as I can't stand tearing. So after several matches of Attrition, LTS and Hardpoint, just by disabling AA helps with my performance issue which will dip when the GPU load reaches 100%.

Nintyb

Banned
So maybe I'm missing something but I bought a harddrive to play the 360 version and it never installed anything with no option to even install the disc?

Wow, Titanfall 360 has so many Texture pop-ins... but it's so fun I don't care.

My issue with the game is actually not having the ranks sync between 360 and One. I don't really feel like playing both regularly and re-gen-ing in both versions.

Jedi Otter

Well, I kind of saw this problem coming, but here it is.
I play on the PC version and it is damn near impossible to find a campaign match now. Thing is; I haven't unlocked the other two titans yet. So am I SOL or is there some other way to get the Stryder and Ogre for custom loadouts?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Wow, Titanfall 360 has so many Texture pop-ins... but it's so fun I don't care.

My issue with the game is actually not having the ranks sync between 360 and One. I don't really feel like playing both regularly and re-gen-ing in both versions.

Why did you buy both versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom