• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tauke

Wow the "cloud" must have become haze. Like HelloMeow said, the hit detection is bloody awful for all my matches just now. :(

I'm done for tonight. Must be my local ISP if not the server. The ping is average 50ms but feels like 1000ms with my shot not connecting at all.

HelloMeow

Wow the "cloud" must have become haze. Like HelloMeow said, the hit detection is bloody awful for all my matches just now. :(

I'm done for tonight. Must be my local ISP if not the server. The ping is average 50ms but feels like 1000ms with my shot not connecting at all.

Yeah.

It could be me, or bad luck, but I'm getting killed around corners a lot more and I regularly need to shoot an entire magazine into enemies. It's really inconsistent. It has also become almost impossible to make long range kills with the C.A.R. It wasn't like this a week ago.

I've decided to give up regenerating in Titanfall. It's a hassle, grind, and removes much of the fun from the game for me. Since deciding this, I'm having fun again like I did the first few weeks of the game.

Now bring on some new maps!

You can blow them up with grenades and the like but I'm pretty sure the only thing that can shoot them is the smart pistol, the one that locks on to things, not to be confused with the autopistol the gun that is a side arm that acts like a submachine gun.

I was using a carbine. Maybe it was coincidence but the blast radius seemed too much to me whatever the situation.

Bydobob

Er, where are the markers?

81cik.gif

81cmk.gif

In the second clip I actually had the Titan doomed but had no idea. Doomed Titan message only appeared about 15 seconds later (too big for GIF).

Hope this helps Respawn.

Edit: same game, same map, about 4 minutes apart.

zou

One thing I absolutely love doing with the auto pistol is shooting grenades. Throwing a grenade at someone and then exploding it near them is so much fun.

I don't know what it is, but this game is becoming more and more frustrating. The tight networking and hit detection seem to have disappeared.

I did something I've never done in any game before, I actually rage quit last night. Literally unplugged my PC from the wall mid match and went to bed. I had so many instances where was unloading my carbine on guys only to die with a couple of shots, respawning and getting killed within seconds and just simply getting dominated by other players I couldn't handle it. Between that and the, what I thought was perfect, matchmaking being dialed back I had an awful time the past couple of nights. I have 80 hours in game and the game itself claims I have about 48 hours of actual playing as a pilot or titan and I feel like I just can't bust through whatever personal skill ceiling I've hit. At least with the slower matchmaking I felt I was slowly getting better.

HoodWinked

i dunno the game seems to be getting easier for me. if you do poorly a match just leave match and change game modes. (if you join the same mode you usually will get thrown back into the same game/lobby)

for lobsided games i've been farming grunts since i dont want to discourage new players :)

i did hit Gen9 the other day Gen8 was worse than gooser winning 100 games is just a grind gooser was at least challenging and rewarding.

Anyone with the 360 version...does it come with a trial code for Gold? I let my sub lapse a couple months ago thinking I wasn't going to buy this and I'd like to hold out for a deal on a one year membership before buying one.

Typomancer

Neo Member
Yeah, so had no clue you had to complete certain challenges to keep regenerating. SUCKS! Looks like I'm stuck at 50 for awhile while I use the Titan 40mm cannon. :(

40mm Cannon is the best Titan gun in the game, so you won’t be 50 for very long, trust me.

I can’t wait to get the Capacitor for the Arc Cannon. On my Gen 5 challenges at the moment. Goosers feel easier than Charge Rifle crit hits, surprisingly.

pooptest

Has there been any sales info released yet? Sony released that infamous:SS sold 1 million copies in 9 days, but I can't seem to find any sales data for Titanfall.

Nintyb

Banned
Anyone with the 360 version...does it come with a trial code for Gold? I let my sub lapse a couple months ago thinking I wasn't going to buy this and I'd like to hold out for a deal on a one year membership before buying one.

Yes, 48 hours.

The game is fucking awesome. Had I known as much I'd have probably sprung for a Xbone to play the superior version. Still, the 360 port is very well done for such an outdated machine.

Jito

Banned
So the new (or old?) matchmaking and the way it jumps parties around all the time kinda breaks the map rotations. I keep getting the same maps over and over again, Angel City, Boneyard, Nexus, reshuffle party and begin again.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
For all you pros on the xbone and PC versions, can you suggest some good pilot and titan loadouts? I'm having trouble figuring out the best guns, titan, and tier kits and getting crushed pretty bad in the process.

When I get all my shit unlocked :

Pilot :

Primary : C.A.R. w/ Counterweight or Suppressor
AntiTitan : Sidewinder
Sidearm : Auto pistol

Tactical : Radar pulse or cloak
Ordinance : Satchel Charge
Tier 1 : Power Cell
Tier 2 : Dead Man's Trigger or Warpfall

Titan:

Chassis : Atlas / Ogre
Primary : Chaingun + accelerator
Ordinance : Slaved Warheads or Cluster Missile
Tactical : Electric Smoke
Tier 1 : Fast Auto loader
Tier 2 : Big Punch

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Shocked that my local Gamestop already has a preowned 360 copy, so I'm going to grab it tonight and burn some 48hr trial cards I've had since forever.

40mm Cannon is the best Titan gun in the game, so you won’t be 50 for very long, trust me.

I can’t wait to get the Capacitor for the Arc Cannon. On my Gen 5 challenges at the moment. Goosers feel easier than Charge Rifle crit hits, surprisingly.

I hear that, just used to the rapid fire quad cannon. Any one have time to post the hardest Regen challenges to get for all 10 levels? I'm working on 3 right now and the 40mm cannon challenge.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
... Are you fucking serious? Don't they only give you like $30 on a new release?

They're giving $40 for Titanfall at the moment, plus the 10% bonus for card members. Still winds up being a $20 one day rental for the person that traded it in. Their loss, my gain as I'll use the birthday coupon to get it for around $40.

Phisto

Neo Member
Anyone else jump back to other first person games and attempt wall running/double jumping? Awwwwwkward.

Anyway, would love to find some East Coast US people to play with. I'm new to GAF, enjoy long walks on the beach, and the whimsical shooting of mans. I'm SonofMacPhisto on PC.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Game is too much fun, so glad the 360 version turned out fine. Favorite modes are Last Titan Standing and Hardpoint, played one CTF and did not enjoy it at all. How do you even capture the flags? You dont do it by running over your flag, which is fucking stupid is shit, since that's how every other game does it. I had the enemy flag in our base for a good 30 seconds before getting killed because I had no idea where to take it.

Game is too much fun, so glad the 360 version turned out fine. Favorite modes are Last Titan Standing and Hardpoint, played one CTF and did not enjoy it at all. How do you even capture the flags? You dont do it by running over your flag, which is fucking stupid is shit, since that's how every other game does it. I had the enemy flag in our base for a good 30 seconds before getting killed because I had no idea where to take it.

Was your flag in your home base?

Was your flag in your home base?

Yeah you can only capture the enemy flag if your flag is in the possession of your team.

I got the arc cannon finished last night and reached 50 this morning, so all I have left are the gooser kills. Which, while difficult, aren't as bad as how some are making it out to be. Once I was able to use the chaingun again I'm getting 2-3 per game. Once I got six. I'm only sitting at 15 or something, but it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Hyunkel6

I just played for 4 hours straight (level 33). I don't even remember the last time I played a game for this long in a single session. My average play session is around 1-1.5 hours. The game is too much fun, and I'm not even playing the Xbox One or PC versions.

I kinda feel bad though. I should be using this time to be more productive elsewhere. :(

Any thoughts on the SMGs? They are the only (unlocked) weapons I have not used yet.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So, I'm just about to finish Gooser on Xbox One, did it on PC already... uhh, if I buy the 360 version of the game and do it there, think Respawn will put me in the Titanfall 2 credits?

Is it just my experience or is this game unusually quiet? I've had it for a few days on PC and its just silence in every match.

Not used to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom