• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad that the 40mm is getting tuned down a bit, or just the smaller magazine size. Definitely my favorite titan weapon. I'm glad the damage is the same, just the mag size is smaller.

Coconut

Banned
Looks like they fucking Beast Moded the Quad Rockets.

Also excited to try out the Amped Kraber, just for shits and giggles.

I think it's funny that they couldn't manage to squeeze custom class renaming in there.

I'm disappointed that I've done the quad rocket challenges for my gen five and hate the nerf to the 40mm.

Figures I get the system and game today and they nerf the 40mm...loved it in the beta.

A little OT, but does anyone know how/when Target will send out the free year of Live codes for purchasing the recent online deal?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I wish they'd (every fps developer) take K/D stats out of objective games so everyone played the objective. It's a bit frustrating playing games where half your team don't pay attention to flag capturing etc.

Moofers

Man, the IGN graphics comparison video seems hard for me to believe. I've got like 6 hours into the 360 version and I think it's slightly ugly. Jaggies, some rough textures, etc. I played the game last year on Xbone (which was the PC version at the time) and remember it looking a lot better than this. So I'm left to assume the 360 version had to take an obvious hit, right? But the IGN video makes it hard to tell them apart at times. I guess my memory betrays me?

Either way, the game is fun as hell. I would really like to see them put a proper story mode in the next game though.

So glad about the 40mm patch, it is finally going to help level the field and make other weapons useful. Too many people have been using the 40mm and getting away with having bad accuracy.

Odd to see the Quad ammo increase especially with the above. I already feel it is powerful enough.

Coconut

Banned
Never been killed by someone using the machine gun. The 40 mm destroys it lol.

Hmmm, it's good for goosen and clearing off roof tops and scoring crits on titans and when you put that extended mag on the gun it just dumps for forever. Try it you'll be surprised.

So glad about the 40mm patch, it is finally going to help level the field and make other weapons useful. Too many people have been using the 40mm and getting away with having bad accuracy.

Odd to see the Quad ammo increase especially with the above. I already feel it is powerful enough.

I was never wasteful when using this gun. Embarrassingly I only recently realized it carried so much ammo.

Not for me. I suffer from reload-itis and I'm not sure I can remember ever reaching the end of this magazine.

When I saw the 40mm had suffered a nerf I was worried but seeing the details has allayed my fears as I also suffer from reload-itis.

E92 M3

Hmmm, it's good for goosen and clearing off roof tops and scoring crits on titans and when you put that extended mag on the gun it just dumps for forever. Try it you'll be surprised.

It's great for AI and Pilots, but just too weak for Titan to Titan battle. 40mm has a strong punch and hurts a lot on crits.

Not for me. I suffer from reload-itis and I'm not sure I can remember ever reaching the end of this magazine.

I've run out of ammo for my 40mm during some matches of Pilot Hunter. I was saddened that I could only use my rocket salvo, electric smoke, or Punch to kill pilots.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Man, the IGN graphics comparison video seems hard for me to believe. I've got like 6 hours into the 360 version and I think it's slightly ugly. Jaggies, some rough textures, etc. I played the game last year on Xbone (which was the PC version at the time) and remember it looking a lot better than this. So I'm left to assume the 360 version had to take an obvious hit, right? But the IGN video makes it hard to tell them apart at times. I guess my memory betrays me?
Eh...
BoneyardTitan-360.jpg

BoneyardTitan-X1.jpg

Having played both, the 360 version is noticeably worse with a lot of weird things that happen probably due to the the streaming implementation. No way is it comparable IMO.

tauke

Is everyone waiting for the update to go live before they play LTS mode?

Can't seem to find one match with every server lol.

I wonder why they are so quiet about performance fixes. I know why balancing and features are priority, but it would be nice to know at least something is in the works.

Im starting to wonder if they are even real. I find it funny before release respawn said it was looking at bumping the resolution and performance fixes. I figured this was just typical PR bull and it looks to be the case. A month after release and no mention of optimization and a more stable frame rate is kind of disappointing I was expecting a locked 60fps especially with this game running at basically 720p.

Jito

Banned
Hopefully they've fixed crashes when tabbing out as it still happens to me daily, don't see it listed though so I doubt it. When's the update meant to be launching?

Jrs3000

Im starting to wonder if they are even real. I find it funny before release respawn said it was looking at bumping the resolution and performance fixes. I figured this was just typical PR bull and it looks to be the case. A month after release and no mention of optimization and a more stable frame rate is kind of disappointing I was expecting a locked 60fps especially with this game running at basically 720p.

I still believe it's legit they are probably trying to finish optimization. Even PC users are getting hiccups so it's not a matter of not enough power. It's source based engine but they customized it to their needs so I'm sure as with any code they created unknown bugs issues that they need to fix to increase performance.

nullpoynter

Anyone have issues reading the player and AI character name tags while playing the game? The text size is too small for me, and I'm having issues distinguishing players from AI characters. The text size in COD has always been perfect for me. By the way, I have the 360 version.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Nice timing on the Quad Rocket changes, now I should buzz right through those challenges. I thought it was a decent weapon to begin with.

Eh...
BoneyardTitan-360.jpg

BoneyardTitan-X1.jpg

Having played both, the 360 version is noticeably worse with a lot of weird things that happen probably due to the the streaming implementation. No way is it comparable IMO.

The 360 version isn't always 100% of the time like that though, as far as the titan model goes. I haven't noticed that unloaded model yet, but we're comparing one of the worst possible shots from the 360 here.

PhatSaqs

Banned
The 360 version isn't always 100% of the time like that though, as far as the titan model goes. I haven't noticed that unloaded model yet, but we're comparing one of the worst possible shots from the 360 here.
True. These are definitely more representing. But the fact that things like the previous comparison happen at all is yuck IMO.

Atlas-360.jpg

Atlas-X1.jpg

Jito

Banned
Also had a few occasions lately of pilots ejecting out of Titans while I'm rodeoing and all I do is fall through their Titan while they shoot off into the air. Shit is annoying and get's me killed constantly.

Edit: Are Spectres ever going to get a buff as well? There's really no reason to hack them as they take too long to fire at tragets and can never keep up with you. Makes the ice pick perk completely pointless.

TrueGrime

40mm magazine capacity for default and Extended Mag – The default magazine size was making the 40mm too powerful. It is intended to be the only weapon that can take a Titan down without reloading, if used skillfully. However, 20 rounds per magazine were proving to be too high and overly tolerant of indiscriminate fire. We’ve reduced it to 12 rounds per magazine, which still allows players to take a Titan down without reloading, but helps balance it out against other Titan weapons. The extended mag has also been dropped from 25 to 16, with the same design principles applying to this change.

NO! Y U NO LEAVE MY 40MM AMMO ALONE.

troll-face.png

tauke

I'm fine with the changes except I wish the matchmaking support autobalancing. No one likes to start a match 3 vs 6 in Attrition and Hardpoint...

FyreWulff

Servers down for the 360.

Anyone have issues reading the player and AI character name tags while playing the game? The text size is too small for me, and I'm having issues distinguishing players from AI characters. The text size in COD has always been perfect for me. By the way, I have the 360 version.

Yeah, the text is really small for no particular reason

I still believe it's legit they are probably trying to finish optimization. Even PC users are getting hiccups so it's not a matter of not enough power. It's source based engine but they customized it to their needs so I'm sure as with any code they created unknown bugs issues that they need to fix to increase performance.

Not to mention you have to prioritize somewhere. The game runs well enough most of the time so they have time to build in more of the modes and do balancing. I imagine that once they feel they have the most important game modes and options available they can optimize.

From official Twitter:

"Xbox Live Compute is experiencing issues that are impacting server availability for Titanfall on all platforms. Please standby for updates."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom