• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Anyone want to play 360 version tonight? I can be on till like 1 AM central, also getting drunk so it should be pretty entertaining.

gt is Nightmare22m

catmario

360 version is not looking good, but not bad, not terrible. It looks smoother than expected, and It looks really dizzy, giddy game.

But this game is one of the best big scale game in xbox 360.

ffman

Unconfirmed Member
I have been impressed with the 360 version so far. Yes, there is screen-tearing and the textures can be slow to pop-in but I have noticed some of these issues with CoD titles.

I recently had my best match on Attrition:

110 Attrition points
16 pilot kills
2 Titan kills
24 minion kills
2 deaths

My team didn't have the best performance but we barely got the win.

wrongway

Anyone else's load times up after the patch? It's taking me a minute and a half or so from the the moment the lobby timer hits zero to entering the game. I keep missing the window on the first spawn for selecting a burn card, which is like the one time I'm good at remembering to use them. :<

Argonomic

I was holding off on this game until I could see what the xbox 360 version was like. Don't want to buy a gaming PC or a console for 1 game. Anyway, after reading about the 360 version yesterday I decided to pick it up. Holy lord, this game is so damn fun! I played for a few hours last night and they just flew by. This is one of those rare games that I could see myself playing for 6-8 hours straight. Wow.

Posts like this make me wonder how many people would be Titanfall players if they were able to sample it first.

Thanks!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Posts like this make me wonder how many people would be Titanfall players if they were able to sample it first.

Thanks!

The game was completely off my radar until I decided to try the PC beta and I was totally sold on it. When funds get right I'm hopping in it.

SJS

Man, been playing the hell out of the 360 version since the release date. I'm thoroughly impressed by the game itself and the port Bluepoint did.

Have a 4.5 K/D against pilots so far, hit Generation 2, and still trying to figure shit out.

i.e. What's the advantage of using a Titan that's not the Ogre?

i.e. When is the 360 version getting DLC? Is that delayed too?

i.e. Before I try the Satchel... how is it controlled? And is it good?

i.e. Do suppressors actually reduce damage in this game? Is it wise to put a suppressor on my Longbow?

PS: Deleted some people on my friend list on the 360. Add me at Three Bar Hero

Friction

Man, been playing the hell out of the 360 version since the release date. I'm thoroughly impressed by the game itself and the port Bluepoint did.

Have a 4.5 K/D against pilots so far, hit Generation 2, and still trying to figure shit out.

i.e. Do suppressors actually reduce damage in this game? Is it wise to put a suppressor on my Longbow?

PS: Deleted some people on my friend list on the 360. Add me at Three Bar Hero

For titans, major difference is the core ability. Ogre gives you overshield, Altus gives you more damage and Strider give you an unlimited dash. Shield capacity are the same for all the Titans, only difference is the HP. IMO, with proper map utilization and shield management, mobility pawns survivability.

Ogre's are fantastic as Auto-Titans though, they soak damage like a beast giving you a change to kill rodeoing pilots and distracting other Titans. When I plan to pilot my Titan, I usually drift towards the Atlus (love overdamage) and the occasional Strider for some wide maps (especially for CTF).

Satchels are a beast and very versatile. You can use it to hold points, kill pilots and injure titans when you rodeo. Only drawback is it's short range and of course you're in risk of blowing yourself up. Tip: double tap X button to switch back to the detonator.

Longbow on suppressors reduces the damage and makes killing from range much more difficult due to pilot mobility. Go 4.5 scope and stabilizer.

I'm at Gen5 (K/D 2.5). K/D when down considerably after challenge hunting. :p

NukeLaser

Thanks to that update, I get to skirt right on to generation six. Pretty stoked about that.

1. I felt the same way for awhile, until I gave the other titans a try for a bit. Stryder's dash core literally lets you run circles around titans. If you're in a 1v1, you pretty much cannot get hit by the other guy if you're dashing correctly. The damage core on the Atlas lets you lay down some serious wreckage on enemy titans if you can get it at an opportune moment. The Ogre is a fine titan, but by no means is it the only viable one.

2. No clue.

3. CoD controls on the satchel charges; you throw them like grenades, then you either manually blow them with the detonator or double tap reload with your weapon out. Are they good? See the following:

4. Suppressors do indeed reduce damage and range on weapons, so use them at your own discretion. Personally, I feel that the Longbow is a terrible enough weapon on its own. I would not recommend using it at all, let alone putting a suppressor on it. The G2A4 does everything the Longbow does with much better versatility. Also most of the weapons in the game can be used at extreme ranges just as well or better (even the SMG's!) than the Longbow.

The challenge requirements for generation five task you with getting a lot of kills with the Longbow. My K/D went from 3.6 down to 2.1 from using it. I have since gotten it back to 3.0, but damn I cannot stand that weapon.

Alchemy

Man, the more of this game I play the more I want players to have more health. Combat would be significantly more interesting if players could actually react to being shot in the back. Especially with the movement being so great.

tauke

Finally regen to Gen 6 after I decided to look for one stray Titan and doomed it so the pilot will eject before getting ripped by the chaingun...

I haven't try switching my display setup to single monitor but I find the game performance much to be desired. I mean without AA the game runs fine at 1080p but the moment I set at least 2x MSAA, the game stress my GTX 780 (non OC) to 100% utilization especially when there is lots of particles going on which leads to the drop of FPS.

Man, the plasma railgun is fucking useless. The quicker I finish those challenges the better.
Play campaign. I struggled with it for a week, hitting 28/50. Decided to try campaign and boom, nothing but level 1's on the opposing team :D Played an hour and got the remaining 22 with ease.

I have a feeling they'll be adding matchmaking to campaign, because the level of hatemail I got was astounding, ha.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Titanfall is currently $45 for a PC copy on Amazon

Jealous of that permanent 60fps. Always recording though? Because it seems a lot of videos get posted and I just can't be bothered to set up a recording all the time, especially when it won't be that great. Doesn't the game have a built-in FPS counter though?

You could use something like Shadowplay which works like the XONE and PS4 where it's just always recording what you're doing and just erases the history as it goes. It's supposedly pretty light on a machine.

Man, the plasma railgun is fucking useless. The quicker I finish those challenges the better.

It's not a head on weapon, it's a support weapon, if that makes sense.

The way I use it is to support other titans from a distance against enemy titans or as ahit and run weapon.

I also only use it with the stryder. When the enemy starts coming for you, you get out of dodge.

Roflobear

It's not a head on weapon, it's a support weapon, if that makes sense.

The way I use it is to support other titans from a distance against enemy titans or as ahit and run weapon.

I also only use it with the stryder. When the enemy starts coming for you, you get out of dodge.

I like this method. I got frustrated after a while with the weapon and just did suicide missions with the Ogre. I would just run up to titans, get them to shoot, use the vortex shield, then just stand there and charge up a couple of shots. This was usually enough to doom a titan one on one but your titan usually ends up dead/near dead in the process. I thought it was kinda worth it just to get the challenges over with

I think that's not a glitch. The Ogre executed you as you were trying to eject. This happened to me a lot. Pretty cool feeling all helpless, also makes you reconsider ejecting earlier this late the next time.

That's pretty cool then. That was perfect timing on the other guy's part

Argonomic

Im starting to wonder if they are even real. I find it funny before release respawn said it was looking at bumping the resolution and performance fixes. I figured this was just typical PR bull and it looks to be the case. A month after release and no mention of optimization and a more stable frame rate is kind of disappointing I was expecting a locked 60fps especially with this game running at basically 720p.

Some things move slowly. Software in particular. It wasn't really PR bull but it was premature.

red731

I think that's not a glitch. The Ogre executed you as you were trying to eject. This happened to me a lot. Pretty cool feeling all helpless, also makes you reconsider ejecting earlier this late the next time.

It happened to me yesterday too and it was Ogre too - I don't think Titan chassis makes any difference. You are doomed and shouldn't wait till last second AND if there is an Titan trying to grab you...

I hold my eject stick and just watched helplesly as I still got pulled out and threw into pieces.

Tell me about it. SMG is allright, but damn the plasma pew pew 1st level.

AlexBasch

I was starting to wonder how long it was gonna take before getting curbstomped by the 'best-friends-with-mics' commandos that are Gen 2 or whatever the fuck those levels are in the 360 version.

Goddamn. 300-20 in Attrition. :v

HoodWinked

pfft once i was jumping towards the evac ship and someone decided to boost off a cliff with their titan right as i jumped and i rodeo'd on the titan and fell to my death with him.

DeSo

Banned
I took a chance and picked this up for PC and am having a blast. Not big on multiplayer FPS other than TF2. Never played a CoD game, never played a BF game, thought I'd give this a crack as it seems to be doing something a bit different. So much fun and I've only played the Attrition mode, yet to try the others. Only downside I've found is the performance which seems a little inconsistent with frame drops here and there. I've got a pretty decent PC so this kind of sucks.

zou

Hm, so starting sometime yesterday evening, I've been unable to go past the main menu, it'll just sit there loading forever. I've already quit the game multiple times and tried rebooting the console. This is also happens regardless of the region.

Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Alright, this is happening on my second console as well. So this is either an issue with the connection or something on their end. Game's pretty much broken for me right now.

Edit 2: I'm having the same exact issue with my other ISP. So I'm fairly sure it's nothing on my end.

dyergram

Thought I'd have a quick game of tf nope because it has to do that unpacking of absurdly large amount of audio files every time it patches sigh.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I've about wrapped up all gen 4 challenges except Critically Conditioned, I haven't unlocked the charge rifle yet but from the comments in here this may be the one where I throw in the towel on regenerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom