• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tauke

I've about wrapped up all gen 4 challenges except Critically Conditioned, I haven't unlocked the charge rifle yet but from the comments in here this may be the one where I throw in the towel on regenerating.

I still find Critically Conditioned to be much easier than Gooser... damn Gooser challenge tear my hair up lol with team mates trying to score a hit with it. The best time to score it is going on high ground with cloak preferably and start aiming at the weak spot of the Titan before shooting it.

Other than that, I find the leveling up process for every regen is really quick so you can unlock the loadout that you prefer faster than previous gen. I'm aware of the exp multiplier but at least you don't feel so naked when going into a match after regen.

antitrop

I've about wrapped up all gen 4 challenges except Critically Conditioned, I haven't unlocked the charge rifle yet but from the comments in here this may be the one where I throw in the towel on regenerating.
lol, I have fucking 5. It's not easy.

I'll have to continue exploiting the campaign Auto-Titans.

Izuna

Banned
I fucking miss Titanfall! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just want to drop in and say 40mm is much better without Burst Fire. The damage is crazy if you get Criticals. If you have cluster you can take care of most pilots, etc etc.

hoyalawya

I get about 1 critical hit a game. So far I am at 26. If my team is winning, the charge rifle is all I do. I don't even care any more to get my neck snapped trying to finish the challenge.

E92 M3

I fucking miss Titanfall! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just want to drop in and say 40mm is much better without Burst Fire. The damage is crazy if you get Criticals. If you have cluster you can take care of most pilots, etc etc.

How's Tokyo treating you? And yes, extended mag all the way.

It's really not that bad. Play attrition mode, more titans get called in in that mode. When the titan loses it's armor aim your charge rifle at the glowing red sections on it's torso and head. If your aim is half decent you should bump your numbers up by about three per game that way.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
It's really not that bad. Play attrition mode, more titans get called in in that mode. When the titan loses it's armor aim your charge rifle at the glowing red sections on it's torso and head. If your aim is half decent you should bump your numbers up by about three per game that way.

Attrition is all I play. Do the critical hits you score during the evac process count towards the challenge? That would be a good time to get some easy shots in when there are a group of Titans facing the drop ship.

hoyalawya

Attrition is all I play. Do the critical hits you score during the evac process count towards the challenge? That would be a good time to get some easy shots in when there are a group of Titans facing the drop ship.

Yes, they count. That's how I got most of my 45 auto pistol kills.

tauke

Yup it counts. Best if you can ensure the shield is down.

Pretty sure they do but I have to admit I'm not certain. Try it. You'll know soon enough.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Jealous of that permanent 60fps. Always recording though? Because it seems a lot of videos get posted and I just can't be bothered to set up a recording all the time, especially when it won't be that great. Doesn't the game have a built-in FPS counter though?

Yeah, on Xbone you just yell "Xbox Record that" after a cool moment and it saves the last 30 seconds.

Coconut

Banned
I still find Critically Conditioned to be much easier than Gooser... damn Gooser challenge tear my hair up lol with team mates trying to score a hit with it. The best time to score it is going on high ground with cloak preferably and start aiming at the weak spot of the Titan before shooting it.

Other than that, I find the leveling up process for every regen is really quick so you can unlock the loadout that you prefer faster than previous gen. I'm aware of the exp multiplier but at least you don't feel so naked when going into a match after regen.

I feel like at this point they could give me a random load out and I'd be in the top three no matter what.

tauke

I feel like at this point they could give me a random load out and I'd be in the top three no matter what.

Truth is I still suck with the Kraber sniper rifle. I'll switch to my sidearms if they ever implement a random load out match. :)

Sometimes I wonder why players on Asian servers don't play Last Titan Standing or CTF... can't even get any match for the past week.

Phisto

Neo Member
Has anyone fired up a private game yet just to explore around the maps? Hoping me and friend can do this soon. Never have enough time to check stuff out before getting shot by something! Haha.

Also, parkour kit on Colony (the map with super high walls in the desert?) is the best ever.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Has anyone fired up a private game yet just to explore around the maps? Hoping me and friend can do this soon. Never have enough time to check stuff out before getting shot by something! Haha.

Also, parkour kit on Colony (the map with super high walls in the desert?) is the best ever.

Rise.

cresto

I'm already bored with this game. Anyone else feel the same way? Don't get me wrong, the game feels exceptional, but the lack of variety hurts it a lot. We've all been conditioned by COD and BF games and as much as I hate to admit it, the game just doesn't hold water like the others do. If there was more of a sense of competition (i.e. counter-strike), then the game could have some serious legs. It kind of falls in the middle between those two genres of FPS imo. It's almost too casual for an FPS that is solely a MP experience.

Not trying to start any flame war, I just am curious what you all think.

solarus

I'm already bored with this game. Anyone else feel the same way? Don't get me wrong, the game feels exceptional, but the lack of variety hurts it a lot. We've all been conditioned by COD and BF games and as much as I hate to admit it, the game just doesn't hold water like the others do. If there was more of a sense of competition (i.e. counter-strike), then the game could have some serious legs. It kind of falls in the middle between those two genres of FPS imo. It's almost too casual for an FPS that is solely a MP experience.

Same here. I LOVED the game at first but man it seems to have no staying power for me and I bought the deluxe edition which had the season pass as well because of how much I enjoyed the beta (used that cheap mexican deal). Welp. It really needs more variety and modes, also I still don't think 6v6 cuts it, I would have been happier if it was at the very least 8v8.

tauke

Is there a way to know if anyone in either team is in a party? Don't enjoy it a lot when I solo queue and realise the other team coordination is pretty wicked in crushing my puny solo queue team halfway through the match...

Also matchmaking is still pretty much broken IMHO. Group of regens (with average lvl 30 above vs non-regens (below lvl 30) with me got thrown into a match midway or late match as the only regen player. Guess which team wins easily.

hoyalawya

Is there a way to know if anyone in either team is in a party? Don't enjoy it a lot when I solo queue and realise the other team coordination is pretty wicked in crushing my puny solo queue team halfway through the match...

Also matchmaking is still pretty much broken IMHO. Group of regens (with average lvl 30 above vs non-regens (below lvl 30) with me got thrown into a match midway or late match as the only regen player. Guess which team wins easily.

I don't think prestige means much in this game except for gen 10 since 50 MVP is needed for him/her to progress from gen 9. I am gen 4 and I am terrible. I have lost a few matches against all gen 1 players team when my team was all gen 2+.

Jito

Banned
Why on earth is this bloody audio unpacking again just to patch the game on PC?

Edit: Lol Game crashed first time I tabbed out after the patch, nothing fixed in there then.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member

I really enjoyed the game but agree that it has no depth. As a battlefield junkie I quickly grew tired of the need to be running around at all times. I found it rage inducing being killed by chance over and over (aka 2 people running into each other while one happens to be looking the other way) and not by using any kind of strategy. If you look at it from a real world perspective, it's almost comical that this is how these 2 military teams would fight each other, just running around like chickens with their heads cut off never holding a position.
That said, I'm sure there are players that work together and communicate well. They are the ones that will win over and over while the matchmaking system fails people like me.
Looking forward to renting titanfall2.

cresto

I really enjoyed the game but agree that it has no depth. As a battlefield junkie I quickly grew tired of the need to be running around at all times. I found it rage inducing being killed by chance over and over (aka 2 people running into each other while one happens to be looking the other way) and not by using any kind of strategy. If you look at it from a real world perspective, it's almost comical that this is how these 2 military teams would fight each other, just running around like chickens with their heads cut off never holding a position.
That said, I'm sure there are players that work together and communicate well. They are the ones that will win over and over while the matchmaking system fails people like me.
Looking forward to renting titanfall2.

Do you still play BF? I have it on the one and it was infuriating last night doing just that. I need people to play with on the Xbone to prevent the nonsense.

HelloMeow

Sometimes, but I play the game a lot.

I blame the repetitive map "rotation" and the long waiting time in between rounds. I don't know how the game picks the maps, but I am playing the same maps over and over, which gets a bit boring.

TrueGrime

I don't think I can get tired of this game. I mean, what the hell do I have to go back to? Ghosts? That game is terrible. The guns are terrible. The net code is terrible. It's just generally a shitty game. BF4? Battlelag 4 or Rubberbanding 4. Even if the game weren't broken the lack of any talking, coordination, and teamwork is a killer. Especially for a game built on that with large maps. I guess if I wanted to be apart of the team in BF4, I should just stop playing the objectives, find the tallest place in the map, and snipe. It's Titanfall for me for a long time.

I don't think I can get tired of this game. I mean, what the hell do I have to go back to? Ghosts? That game is terrible. The guns are terrible. The net code is terrible. It's just generally a shitty game. BF4? Battlelag 4 or Rubberbanding 4. Even if the game weren't broken the lack of any talking, coordination, and teamwork is a killer. Especially for a game built on that with large maps. I guess if I wanted to be apart of the team in BF4, I should just stop playing the objectives, find the tallest place in the map, and snipe. It's Titanfall for me for a long time.

I haven't played TF or BF4 in the last 2 weeks really. I have too many other things on my plate. Infamous SS, NHL 14 (PS3), Payday 2, Pokemon X and the list keeps going.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
Do you still play BF? I have it on the one and it was infuriating last night doing just that. I need people to play with on the Xbone to prevent the nonsense.

I do play it daily. About to jump on now ( slow work week.) The new maps seem to have broken the servers which is made bitter sweet cause I love the new maps and carrier assault is hella fun.

jk. bf4 severs broke. Why do I even try?

Alchemy

Give Garden Warfare a shot.

E92 M3

All they need to add is a mercenary mode for people without parties. It's simple. Parties will always beat individually grouped people. MM can't account for that. It frustrates me they can't implement something so obvious. :(

I really really really want a 'hardcore' mode. And by that I mean, no radar.

Seriously, that's pretty much it. I guess you could take Burn Cards out too for it, though they don't really bug me.

But seriously, half this game is played on the radar right now, whether it's hunting down creeps to boost your timer, or looking for pilots, etc.

I'd rather just keep my eyes up, and force other players to predict and react rather than conditioning ourselves to 'oh, red dot! *sprints*'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom