• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoodWinked

So once you complete all the challenges at gen 10 do you stop getting burn cards?

no you still get random burn cards from playing its why you get the grenade, satchel, or anti-titan burn cards without having using them. i think when you kill someone elses burn card or win and some other.

also i've noticed post-patch the game seems sharper but runs a little worse. I'll have to check some more but it felt like they may have changed the texture quality settings.

very high -> high
high -> medium

Did they change the code? Got some good, evenly matched fun the first two games I played now that I'm home for the weekend. Let's see if it holds up.

Hyunkel6

I better abuse that 40mm cannon tonight before they nerf it, lol.

I'm 10 hours into the game now (level 46), and I have never had so much fun in a multiplayer FPS since the first few months of MW2, but as others have said, the lack of customization and variety is starting to slowly creep in.

I never buy DLCs for multiplayer games, but I certainly will if Respawn includes new weapons and equipment in them, and not just maps.

Atone13

also i've noticed post-patch the game seems sharper but runs a little worse. I'll have to check some more but it felt like they may have changed the texture quality settings.

Yea I've noticed something is...off as well. The only thing I can see for sure is that load screens are taking longer for me than they were pre patch. The games would load up and I would be in the drop shit with the countdown and be able to pop burn cards at the start. Every game I've played since patching however by the time i load into the map my teammates are already off and running and I'm alone at the starting area.

I'm not sure whats up, I can't assume its a widespread issue because like I said my team seems to get in and start off on time, I'm usually the last one in now. Can't say much has changed with my rig from one day to the next so who knows...Luckily once Im in game it still playing smooth so its not a huge deal.

gaugebozo

After a few hours into the 360 version, my feeling is that this game is amazing. I've been waiting for a shake up to FPS's on consoles, and this will do it. Bluepoint has done an amazing job on the port. That being said, a few issues.

First, there needs to be more custimization (both guns and player), as well as more game modes if they want a lasting community. I've had a few lag issues, especially around other pilots. The campaign is (with all due respect) a joke. There's a point where
a guy dies and it's like, "Oh no! Not what's-his-name!"
The main issue is that the story is told through voice overs when most players are at the bathroom, or during intense multiplayer moments when you can't pay attention to the story or connect with the characters. It's amazing what they fit into the 360 version, but I would really appreciate a solid 60 FPS.

This is one of those games that you can tell they have an amazing formula, but it needs some refinement. Looking forward to Titanfall 2. :)

Nintyb

Banned

I'm 10 hours into the game now (level 46), and I have never had so much fun in a multiplayer FPS since the first few months of MW2, but as others have said, the lack of customization and variety is starting to slowly creep in.

I never buy DLCs for multiplayer games, but I certainly will if Respawn includes new weapons and equipment in them, and not just maps.

It's my only complaint with the game. Needs more customization!

Still, the most fun with a Fps in years.

antitrop

After a few hours into the 360 version, my feeling is that this game is amazing. I've been waiting for a shake up to FPS's on consoles, and this will do it. Bluepoint has done an amazing job on the port. That being said, a few issues.

First, there needs to be more custimization (both guns and player), as well as more game modes if they want a lasting community. I've had a few lag issues, especially around other pilots. The campaign is (with all due respect) a joke. There's a point where
a guy dies and it's like, "Oh no! Not what's-his-name!"
The main issue is that the story is told through voice overs when most players are at the bathroom, or during intense multiplayer moments when you can't pay attention to the story or connect with the characters. It's amazing what they fit into the 360 version, but I would really appreciate a solid 60 FPS.

This is one of those games that you can tell they have an amazing formula, but it needs some refinement. Looking forward to Titanfall 2. :)

Titanfall 2 is going to be monumental. They already have the incredible gameplay down, they just need to build up everything around it. And that will come with a bigger budget, a larger development team, assuming Titanfall was successful.

The thing is, they just can't use this same engine again. They just can't.

The real question about TF2 is whether they decide to do a SP campaign or not. Personally, I don't really want one at all, but I know a lot of people do.

Mechazawa

You are crazy if you think they're going to move away from an engine they had to reshape and remold.

Titanfall's(in my opinion, minor) issues already feel like they were a byproduct of having to start over from scratch.

Mechazawa

I reeeeeeeeeally hope they do. Source wasn't made to run like it runs in Titanfall and it shows.

The more games they get under their belt, the better they'll get at iterating the engine to have it do what they want.

I mean, id Tech 3 probably wasn't meant to run CoD4 either.

God, I hate getting melee kicked from the front---especially while blasting the enemy. Single most annoying part of this game that makes me want to break my monitor every time.

jet1911

How many games are there where an entirely different engine was built for the second game in the series?

They don't have to build a new one. Just use CryEngine 3 or UE4. You know modern engine build to run modern tech on modern machines.

I know, wishful thinking. :(

catabarez

Looks like it was the patch to messed with Steam overlay support among other things in game apparently. Hopefully they fix the issues people are having soon.

What makes you think they're nerfing the 40mm? They haven't adjusted it in the Xbox One or PC versions have they? Or did I miss something?

I certainly haven't noticed any changes, and honestly, once you start playing against people that unlocked the upgrades/options for other weapons, it feels less over-powered, especially if you ever have to fight in closer-quarters.

antitrop

The more games they get under their belt, the better they'll get at iterating the engine to have it do what they want.

What's left of the Source engine they're working with here feels like it's held together with duct tape and fucking Superglue.

Any more iterations on it and I'm afraid they'll just completely break it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What makes you think they're nerfing the 40mm? They haven't adjusted it in the Xbox One or PC versions have they? Or did I miss something?

I certainly haven't noticed any changes, and honestly, once you start playing against people that unlocked the upgrades/options for other weapons, it feels less over-powered, especially if you ever have to fight in closer-quarters.

The latest patch dropped the ammo by a lot(20 -> 12, extended is 25 -> 16).

Yeah, in the last patch they lowered the ammo count per clip. From the patch notes:

40mm magazine capacity for default and Extended Mag – The default magazine size was making the 40mm too powerful. It is intended to be the only weapon that can take a Titan down without reloading, if used skillfully. However, 20 rounds per magazine were proving to be too high and overly tolerant of indiscriminate fire. We’ve reduced it to 12 rounds per magazine, which still allows players to take a Titan down without reloading, but helps balance it out against other Titan weapons. The extended mag has also been dropped from 25 to 16, with the same design principles applying to this change.

Bessy67

Hey guys I'm thinking about picking up a Xone tomorrow to play Titanfall, is the game really fun?? Should I get it??

The game is a lot of fun, but I'm not sure it's $500 fun. If there are other games you want for Xbox One then definitely go for it. But if Titanfall is the only Xbox One game you're interested in I'd go with the 360 version (assuming you have a 360). IMO no single game is worth buying a console for.

antitrop

If you plan to buy an Xbox One sometime throughout this console generation, and you are interested in Titanfall, you can pull the trigger. The game is great.

But yeah, if you have a 360, go for that.

TrueGrime

Best time to step into the new generation if you ask me. E3 is around the corner. Great games to play. The system is being kept fed with updates. Best time indeed.

Yeah, in the last patch they lowered the ammo count per clip. From the patch notes:

The latest patch dropped the ammo by a lot(20 -> 12, extended is 25 -> 16).

Haha, wow, I didn't even notice. Usually I play with the same group of people and tend to have back-up anyway. I don't think I've ever gone through an entire 40mm clip without reloading. I usually either get the kill or the assist well before.

The game is a lot of fun, but I'm not sure it's $500 fun. If there are other games you want for Xbox One then definitely go for it. But if Titanfall is the only Xbox One game you're interested in I'd go with the 360 version (assuming you have a 360). IMO no single game is worth buying a console for.
I don't have a 360, I own a ps4 but I'm tempted to buy a Xone for titanfall and maybe Killer instinct..!
The titanfall bundle is $449 at best buy

char0n

Hey guys I'm thinking about picking up a Xone tomorrow to play Titanfall, is the game really fun?? Should I get it??

People have already mentioned the 360 version looks better than passable, but if you have an upper-midrange PC it's definitely a go there too. I have an aging PC that had high-end specs when I got it about 5 or so years ago (stock i7 920, 6 gigs RAM) and I upgraded to a GTX 670 last year, and I can run it on the highest settings (except textures at insane which really does need a 4-gig vid card/maybe a SSD, but going down a peg to Highest is no problem) at a solid never-seen-it-drop-below 60 fps at 1080p. It's definitely the most fun I've had with PC online shooter since CoD4.

HelloMeow

Is it a bug or by design that auto titans just randomly walk away when there is an enemy rodeoing them?

It's really annoying when you get out of your titan to kill a rodeoing enemy and your titan just starts walking around for no reason, instead of staying crouched.

tauke

Is it a bug or by design that auto titans just randomly walk away when there is an enemy rodeoing them?

It's really annoying when you get out of your titan to kill a rodeoing enemy and your titan just starts walking around for no reason, instead of staying crouched.

Auto Titan that got rodeo will always crouched for me. It is happening often to you?

TrueGrime

Auto Titan that got rodeo will always crouched for me. It is happening often to you?

Me too. However, there's a moment when you exit your titan while the pilot is still rodeoing and instead of the titan just staying crouched it'll stand back up and sort of go berserk.

tauke

Me too. However, there's a moment when you exit your titan while the pilot is still rodeoing and instead of the titan just staying crouched it'll stand back up and sort of go berserk.

Not very often. About 1 in 20 times, but it's very annoying. It can cost you your titan.

Interesting to see such thing happened. Well I usually pop electric smoke after crouching to trick the pilot into thinking I'll be exiting only to dash and punch them if they are not cloaking.

Nydius

Why on earth is this bloody audio unpacking again just to patch the game on PC?

Haven't had much time to play anything this week until now so I'm just getting the PC patch. Came to ask the exact same question. If the damn thing is going to have to "unpack" all 34.9 gigs of audio every time there's a patch or update, I'm gonna be mildly annoyed. Talk about shitty design: Here, have a 90MB patch, now wait while we unpack 34.9 gigs just to tweak one or two sound effects!

I guess they leave it there as sometimes people do share useful tips... with 90% of the time people trash talk in it--

I would love a patch that would let me completely disable the text chat window. When I'm playing in pub matches, the text chat window is a distraction and largely meaningless. I love getting random people who just spam profanities the entire match rather than play. Since Origin's reporting tools are terribad, the ability to hide or show the text chat UI element would be a godsend.

I'm already bored with this game. Anyone else feel the same way? Don't get me wrong, the game feels exceptional, but the lack of variety hurts it a lot. We've all been conditioned by COD and BF games and as much as I hate to admit it, the game just doesn't hold water like the others do. If there was more of a sense of competition (i.e. counter-strike), then the game could have some serious legs. It kind of falls in the middle between those two genres of FPS imo. It's almost too casual for an FPS that is solely a MP experience.

Not trying to start any flame war, I just am curious what you all think.

I've got 62 hours played and am only Gen 2 (with no intention of regenerating any further) and I can sympathize. I have to be "in the mood" to really play the game these days. This last week I was super busy and never had the opportunity to fire up the game (or any game, really) and I didn't find myself missing it at all.

It's still a brilliant game and tons of fun but the spark has dimmed a bit. I'm not entirely sure why, although I know part of it is due to the limited maps and limited loadouts. I can't help but think how much cooler it would have been if Titans would have been much more customizable than they are.

Or maybe I'm just getting too old. Who knows.

Have to say that I wish they would have left the matchmaking more towards skill than getting a game in. Rather wait for a good one personally.

Getting pretty absurd, still getting some good games with <50 spread in Attrition but it ends up being like 1/5 of them are close.. the rest are just a joke.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Not very often. About 1 in 20 times, but it's very annoying. It can cost you your titan.

Yeah I'm not sure what to think about that one. I thought it's when my auto-titan decides that it is engaged with another titan and that it needs to be fighting it. But there are plenty of times when a friendly is rodeoing an enemy titan and I smash it into oblivion without it reacting.

So in a total moment of impulse I picked up the bundle about 2 weeks ago and am having so much fun with it. I guess it's nothing groundbreaking, but the parkour is so fun. I can't help but think this is how the jetpacks in Halo Reach should have felt.

I'm always up for adding more GAFers, if anybody wants to play my gamertag is mister teaspoon.

Roflobear

Have to say that I wish they would have left the matchmaking more towards skill than getting a game in. Rather wait for a good one personally.

Getting pretty absurd, still getting some good games with <50 spread in Attrition but it ends up being like 1/5 of them are close.. the rest are just a joke.

Sometimes just getting a game in takes longer than matching up with skill. I hate getting the countdown to like 20 seconds before people on the other team back out when a high gen player doesn't get placed on their team. Then other people people back out and next thing you know, you're back to a full 90 second countdown after another lobby gets put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom