• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Matchmaking .... brought to you by Fox News

4hKRlEi.png

Phisto

Neo Member
Maybe I'm just fortunate, but it feels like every Attrition game I play lately is decided by less than 50 points. I've had more than a few 300-299 games recently.

Also, having a no death game and running Adrenaline Transfusion the entire time might just be the most exciting thing I've done in a game. No joke.

This game, man. I don't even.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Ugh. I'm Gen 6 right now and the Gen 7 requirements are pretty challenging/annoying. Particularly the Brain Surgery challenge.

Roflobear

So I just went 18-0 in a Pilot Hinter match and our team still lost. I'm happy because it's probably the best game I've ever had in an online FPS, but I'm surprised how the rest of my team couldn't step up. I guess gen level doesn't equate to skill at all

TrueGrime

So I just went 18-0 in a Pilot Hinter match and our team still lost. I'm happy because it's probably the best game I've ever had in an online FPS, but I'm surprised how the rest of my team couldn't step up. I guess gen level doesn't equate to skill at all

Those two non gens fucked you. However, the scores are pretty similar. I don't know how people die 17 times in one game. I'll die that many times in a handful of games.

tauke

I think regen players are busy doing challenges hence sometimes they don't care if they loss the match. Reminded me of the time I initially do the Longbow Sniper and Charged Rifle challenge where I feel so hopeless in battle lol.

Roflobear

Those two non gens fucked you. However, the scores are pretty similar. I don't know how people die 17 times in one game. I'll die that many times in a handful of games.

Lol I know but I guess you have to give them the benefit of the doubt since they're new. The one guy on their team that died 17 times had a really good chance at killing me at one point, but his aim was really off

I think regen players are busy doing challenges hence sometimes they don't care if they loss the match. Reminded me of the time I initially do the Longbow Sniper and Charged Rifle challenge where I feel so hopeless in battle lol.

That's a good point but isn't one of the regen requirements for Gen 8 to get 100 wins? That guy could've helped out more I feel

hoyalawya

From the patch note

Your party members and their titans now show up on the mini-map with green colors, instead of the normal blue colors that other friendlies use. Their names are also drawn in green on your HUD, the obituary text, and in the pre-game lobby. This helps you figure out where your friends are and what they're up to, especially in the heat of combat.

I am not seeing any green in the mini map (Xbox One). Are you seeing green indicators as in the patch note?

EDIT: I misread this. Found the answer. Green only applies to people in your party.

tauke

So I decided to overclock both my CPU and GPU since I need the extra FPS when playing Crysis 3. Well the performance bump is noticeable with Crysis 3 but sadly Titanfall still plays the same (the utilization did reduce though after the overclock).

nampad

Just played 3 maps in campaign mode on the 360 and I am really disappointed.
Played 5 hours of the PC beta and after the initial wow factor, I knew that the underlying gameplay isn't a longterm thing for me, it feels too shallow. I still had a lot of fun though so I decided to pick up the 360 version, see what the fuss on the campaign is about and enjoy it for a short time.

Unfortunately, the feeling from the beta didn't come back just now. Maybe it is because I tried PvZ: Garden Warfare right before which impressed me right away.

I knew from the critics that the campaign is barebone but I didn't expect it to be that thin. Not even some cutscenes at the start and you barely know what is going on. The game has such a great atmosphere and the intro was well done, I just want to know more of this universe and the campaign mode is just a big missed opportunity.
It's also funny how the campaign mode is the reason for the unbalanced teams because you have to do the IMC storyline first. My first match was literally 5 level 1 guys against level 20-40 Militias.

I play with the Bumper Jumper Pilot control scheme right now which makes everything accessible in every situation. I just forgot how uncomfortable the bumpers of the 360 controllers are when you use the left analog stick :/

Argonomic

Which side you play first is random, like being born male or female, but you can't guarantee that there will be enough opponents for full games.

Argonomic

Is it a bug or by design that auto titans just randomly walk away when there is an enemy rodeoing them?

It's really annoying when you get out of your titan to kill a rodeoing enemy and your titan just starts walking around for no reason, instead of staying crouched.

Bug. Have not found a consistent repro for that. The Titan thinks it is still crouched, which is why it plays a stand-up animation after the rodeoer jumps off.

nampad

Which side you play first is random, like being born male or female, but you can't guarantee that there will be enough opponents for full games.

Thanks for the reply, my bad. Thought it was always IMC because I had no choice.
Doesn't change the bad balancing but apparently you are working on it.

Argonomic

Haven't had much time to play anything this week until now so I'm just getting the PC patch. Came to ask the exact same question. If the damn thing is going to have to "unpack" all 34.9 gigs of audio every time there's a patch or update, I'm gonna be mildly annoyed. Talk about shitty design: Here, have a 90MB patch, now wait while we unpack 34.9 gigs just to tweak one or two sound effects!

PM me an example of a Titanfall-like game on Origin that doesn't do this, it would help get it fixed.

Thanks.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
May be an unintended side effect of no longer having the chat clear after a game. It should clear when you leave a lobby, though.

Mine wasn't clearing at all. When I left out of a lobby and joined a new one the chat from the old lobby was still there.

hblXsbc.jpg

"Matchmaking". Either I get put into games like this, where I dominate, or I get put into games with players leagues better, who wipe the floor with me. Games where there's actually an even match are few and far between.

HelloMeow

Bug. Have not found a consistent repro for that. The Titan thinks it is still crouched, which is why it plays a stand-up animation after the rodeoer jumps off.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Most of the time I'll just hop right back in, do a manual eject and kill them mid air. That will teach them to rodeo my titan.

tauke

The netcode for the last few matches feels off. My ping averages 50ms but there is like a slight delay when trying to hit something.

Really hate it when you get kill by grunts lol since I like pumping bullets into them after escaping from enemy pilot only to see myself die from a melee... that AI cloud is doing wonder.

Roflobear

There's hilariously no matchmaking in campaign, which is great for generation challenges. All night, nothing but level 1's consistently. So much fun was had... at least on our side.

That's pretty lame. I can't understand how people have fun playing against newcomers like that. Why not join a middle school wrestling team while you're at it?

I just got the game on 360 yesterday. First of all, the game looks pretty good, imo. I don't know anything about graphics from a technical standpoint, but I think everything looks and feels super smooth.

I didn't know how I would like having AI grunts in a multiplayer shooter, but I actually love them. It makes the game feel more epic and makes killing pilots feel like a bigger accomplishment.

Roflobear

I just got the game on 360 yesterday. First of all, the game looks pretty good, imo. I don't know anything about graphics from a technical standpoint, but I think everything looks and feels super smooth.

I didn't know how I would like having AI grunts in a multiplayer shooter, but I actually love them. It makes the game feel more epic and makes killing pilots feel like a bigger accomplishment.

Yea, even if you can't kill pilots, killing the grunts makes you feel like you're doing something at least lol

Woo-Fu

Banned
That's pretty lame. I can't understand how people have fun playing against newcomers like that. Why not join a middle school wrestling team while you're at it?

Back when I played I played campaign quite a bit because I could quickly find a match that wasn't a giant stack vs. a team where 2-3 players quit during the match every round. I think solo-queuing campaign is fine, particularly if you're doing challenges that are going to hamper your performance.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Arc Grenade and Explosives Pack seem to be the best route for getting critical hits with the Charge Rifle. The grenade drops their shields temporarily all you have to do is hold steady, which is the real challenge. Also stick to the rooftops!

This brain surgeon challenge is beyond frustrating me right now.

I swear I've killed like 70 titans throughout this run and yet my count is only at 18. "oh but you need to actually destroy them!" I've fucking done that.

So dumb. So fucking dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom