• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardian Chip would really have to significantly improve the Auto-Titan for me to ever equip it.

I don't think I've ever actually heard of anyone using it, or sharing their experience with it. I've certainly never used it.

I don't use it but I think I've been up against it. Will a normal auto titan crouch to shoot under things like on the lagoon map? I had a titan downright chase me down the other day and crouch in order to get me under one of the houses in the water.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
If I'm not in my Titan I am using it to bait other Titans to complete challenges. I don't expect anything from my auto Titan other than being bait.

hoyalawya

I completed the Railgun challenge without difficulty in the end but as antitrop says it's not a weapon I'd go back to. The weapon just encourages negative play, and I felt like a slimeball hanging back and nicking other people's kills. Best class to use in my opinion is the Atlas which has a good mix of durability and manoeuvrability. Also the particle wall, it gives you that protective barrier while you charge up the next shot.

Now if anyone can give me some tips for the Longbow and that demented little popgun they call the Autopistol I'd be grateful. At this rate I'll be going back to the campaign to get my numbers.

For the auto pistol, just use it once you get into building/room. I was apprehensive at first. The weapon is better than carbines at close range combat. You will be frustrated at first because it is harder to see down the gun sight. For the longbow, make use to double/triple tab. Don't wait to see that the target actually died from the first shot.

Now, if someone can give me a tip on gooser with the arc cannon. I am lvl 42 gen 5 already and has not gotten even one gooser kill.

TrueGrime

I -almost- destroyed 3 titans with a titanfall, but I ended up taking 2 with 1 being dangerously close to being screwed. I think this is the first and last time I'll do something like this since it's like winning the lottery.

Imagine if this shit was a gen challenge?

2 Titans 1 Drop

Jito

Banned
Anyone else have increased load times since the last patch? Takes me longer to get into games now and I usually join once everyone has already jumped out of the dropships at the start. Majorly sucks.

Roflobear

Now, if someone can give me a tip on gooser with the arc cannon. I am lvl 42 gen 5 already and has not gotten even one gooser kill.

Charge it up all the way and aim it at a spot they're going to be, don't follow their trajectory. Also the arc cannon doesn't have amazing range so wait for them to start their descent before firing. Worst case scenario is you can finish up all your arc cannon challenges then use the chaingun, which is probably slightly easier to get a gooser kill with

I -almost- destroyed 3 titans with a titanfall, but I ended up taking 2 with 1 being dangerously close to being screwed. I think this is the first and last time I'll do something like this since it's like winning the lottery.

Imagine if this shit was a gen challenge?

2 Titans 1 Drop

Damn I've never seen that before. That's a great way to infuriate two people at the same time lol

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
gooser #1

iMavYsa6yCY8C.gif

For the respawn guys. most of the time the game runs great on my setup (GTX 760 with i5 3470) but when it doesn't, I notice that my GPU memory is full. Usually I run Very High textures at 1680x1050 resolution (High everything else) with 8x AA and I use 1.5GB of GPU memory. Once it's full I get framerate hiccups

Hip Hop

I haven't played this game in like three weeks, I got to Gen3 so fast, it might have burned me out.

Connecting my HDTV and Surround Sound up to the PC tonight just for this.

SegaShack

Haha that had to have been frustrating

I have to admit, sorry SegaShack, seeing you try to escape when your team won is pretty funny.

Were you not paying attention to who won that game? Game says at the top "Don't let the enemy escape." Your team won that game, so you have to prevent their escape.

This is worse than mising the ship by one feet.

HoodWinked - post under
Bwahaha :D

Thank you guys for pointing this out. I feel so silly posting this now. When that was going on I legitimately thought I had lost and was trying so desperately to get in that ship hahaha.

Anyone else thinking the rodeo plus satchel combo is too powerful? Got killed by that combo a half dozen times tonight and couldn't do anything about it. Is there a counter besides electric smoke?

So annoying that the explosion from a satchel charge is so powerful that you jumping out of your titan is basically a death sentence.

char0n

Well, sounds like my loadouts will remain unchanged until I'm sure I'm inevitably forced to use those guns for a gen challenge.

I have so much fun with this game but no time to play it it seems. It's weird pining to have a day or two like I used to have a few years ago when my social life was all but dead, but with this here I am. Seriously this is the most fun now I've had with an online-focused FPS since UT2k4, I just wish I could find time for it more than ~1hr per week.

MadmanUK

Anyone else thinking the rodeo plus satchel combo is too powerful? Got killed by that combo a half dozen times tonight and couldn't do anything about it. Is there a counter besides electric smoke?

So annoying that the explosion from a satchel charge is so powerful that you jumping out of your titan is basically a death sentence.

Stop the Titan and crouch, people will generally think you're getting out.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

I wuv doing this.

jet1911

Playing Titanfall while listening to some Initial D music is maybe the best decision I took this week. The fast paced nature of the game goes perfectly with the music lol.

TrueGrime

Chaingun ammo should have been nerfed too. I used to stand up to chaingun titans with my 40mm, now I run out of ammo too quickly. Especially if its 1v2. Chaingun titans just keep fucking shooting. So fustrating.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If grown-ups/EuroGAF want to add a newb with poor aiming skills (but at least I always go for objectives when playing online games!) on Xbox One, hit me up (do tell that you're from GAF tho):

Gamertag: Dashkap

Mind you, I've only just started playing and completed the tutorial. lol

tauke

Was dominating in LTS with Stryder using Triple Threat and Dash Charger.

Crazy how much damage it can deal especially to Ogre that just use up their dash when you pop electric smoke and cluster missile at the right spot and see their life chip away hopelessly lol.

I know I'm beating a dead horse already but I'm still sad with the game performance. It just can't hold up 60fps lately as it fluctuates between 35 to 60fps for no apparent reason. Disable AA, no improvement. Lowering resolution and textures, nope. Lowering settings, it just lower down my CPU utilization.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Chaingun ammo should have been nerfed too. I used to stand up to chaingun titans with my 40mm, now I run out of ammo too quickly. Especially if its 1v2. Chaingun titans just keep fucking shooting. So fustrating.

Chaingun with accelerator is a true beast. Can wipe away half a titan's health in seconds at full blast.

The Guardian Chip would really have to significantly improve the Auto-Titan for me to ever equip it.

I don't think I've ever actually heard of anyone using it, or sharing their experience with it. I've certainly never used it.

I use it for whatever brief period I get to use it before re-gen and usually only in hardpoint. Just park it near one of the points with chaingun/vortex combo and it'll defend it like a pit bull on crack.

Anyone else thinking the rodeo plus satchel combo is too powerful?

Get out and double jump away in a straight line.. it'll put you outside the range of the satchel charge.

Pretty much negates it and if you run around the guy has to decide to either fight you or your auto titan.

Some people will be skilled enough to get you but most of the time the distance just negates the strategy entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom