• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet1911

Anyone else thinking the rodeo plus satchel combo is too powerful? Got killed by that combo a half dozen times tonight and couldn't do anything about it. Is there a counter besides electric smoke?

So annoying that the explosion from a satchel charge is so powerful that you jumping out of your titan is basically a death sentence.

If my electric smoke is still recharching when someone is rodeoing my Titan I'll just nuclear eject in their face. They'll either die in the explosion or sometime the pilot gets thrown up in the sky with you, easy kill.

I've become a Longbow master. The gun has taken me over and it only has one drive and that drive is to feast on blood.

Yup I love the gun now aog sight and stabilizer or extended mags. I am constantly using the longbow now and I'm gen 6. I use it more as an assualt rifle but the gun does so much damage if you can aim it destroys people.

PC, crashes all the time when ever I tab out or just when it feels like it. No problems with any other games I have.

Mine crashes on occasion while Alt-tabbing between matches.

Mostly though it's stable.. for me it's the frame rate issues that feel a bit ridiculous. Some maps are much worst than others.

Sidenote: Matchmaking still sucks. It's thing that will make or break this game for me long term. Fighting matches repeatedly where you get smashed in no fun Respawn. I hope you guys can come up with something to make it quick and take skill more into a factor. Even if it's simply splitting up lobbies that win x amount of games by a certain amount.

Stop the Titan and crouch, people will generally think you're getting out.

Get out and double jump away in a straight line.. it'll put you outside the range of the satchel charge.

Pretty much negates it and if you run around the guy has to decide to either fight you or your auto titan.

Some people will be skilled enough to get you but most of the time the distance just negates the strategy entirely.

If my electric smoke is still recharching when someone is rodeoing my Titan I'll just nuclear eject in their face. They'll either die in the explosion or sometime the pilot gets thrown up in the sky with you, easy kill.

I'll try some of these, thanks!

PC, crashes all the time when ever I tab out or just when it feels like it. No problems with any other games I have.

Alt-tabbing is a real problem.

When I am going through a quiet phase I will often put TF on during the afternoon but I still need to check emails in the event there is one for my work. Unfortunately the game has a nasty tendency of crashing out when doing this.

I haven't had any other crashes apart from the game just disappearing the other day. No .exe error or anything. I couldn't move but the rest of the game was working with players running around etc; then the game just dropped to the desktop.

NH Apache

Banned

When I am going through a quiet phase I will often put TF on during the afternoon but I still need to check emails in the event there is one for my work. Unfortunately the game has a nasty tendency of crashing out when doing this.

I haven't had any other crashes apart from the game just disappearing the other day. No .exe error or anything. I couldn't move but the rest of the game was working with players running around etc; then the game just dropped to the desktop.

Have you tried windowed mode?

For what it's worth, mine rocks just fine with 2600k and 6870, no issues and smooth FR.

I completed the Railgun challenge without difficulty in the end but as antitrop says it's not a weapon I'd go back to. The weapon just encourages negative play, and I felt like a slimeball hanging back and nicking other people's kills. Best class to use in my opinion is the Atlas which has a good mix of durability and manoeuvrability. Also the particle wall, it gives you that protective barrier while you charge up the next shot.

Now if anyone can give me some tips for the Longbow and that demented little popgun they call the Autopistol I'd be grateful. At this rate I'll be going back to the campaign to get my numbers.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I hate the railgun. It's going to take me forever to finish the challenges.

[Edit] Just read up on Instant Shot. 9 titan kills away from getting the perk. :(

So....quick question. How do you turn the reticle for the triple threat? I've seen some people's grenades shoot out verticle? Better effectiveness on titans.

Have you tried windowed mode?

For what it's worth, mine rocks just fine with 2600k and 6870, no issues and smooth FR.

It had crossed my mind but I haven't tried it yet. I will give it a go today.

So....quick question. How do you turn the reticle for the triple threat? I've seen some people's grenades shoot out verticle? Better effectiveness on titans.

Is it the zoom / hard sights button / key?

Jito

Banned

I've had that a good few times when tabbing out as well, the game is moving in the background but my game is completely frozen, needs a full reset to get it working again. Such a pain in the ass as it happens constantly and I have to keep opening and closing the game just to play it.

Also I've been playing in windowed like people recommend and it makes no difference at all, still crashes whenever it wants.

Edit: The most annoying crash I get is at the end of a match, tab out to read Gaf and the game just crashes between the end of the game and the match stats screen, such a piece of glitchy shit.

antitrop

I aim at the ground and fire a Cluster Missile. :)

Archpath1

Ya if I'm out of smoke and have a cluster i shoot it at a wall put my back towards it, sure I'll takedamage but I'll kill him.

Atlas + titan salvage BC+ rail gun is pretty cool on LTS
I was able to get like 3 dmg cores in a round
And almost 2shotting titans full charge
Plus having cluster and smoke really help shaving time off too
It was neat

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
It is, but I can't bring it up on my work computer. :(

Here you go

Regeneration

Titanfall Regeneration Generation Ranks.PNG
[EDIT]Regeneration Requirements

[EDIT]Generation 1

EXP Modifier: x 1.0
Requirements to Next Level:
Get to lv. 50

[EDIT]Generation 2

EXP Modifier: x 1.1

If It Moves... (EVA-8 Shotgun) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Titan Killer (40mm Cannon) Tiers: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
If It Moves... (40mm Cannon) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Top Gun (Shotgun) Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75

[EDIT]Generation 3

EXP Modifier: x 1.2
If It Moves... (R-97) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Top Gun (R-97 Compact SMG) Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75
If It Moves... (Plasma Railgun) Tiers: 5, 15, 25, 50, 100
Titan Killer (Plasma Railgun) Tiers: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
No Hitter (Satchel Charge) Tiers: 1, 5, 15, 30, 50

[EDIT]Generation 4

EXP Modifier: x 1.3
If It Moves... (Longbow-DMR) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 150
Top Gun (Longbow-DMR) Tiers: 5, 15, 25, 35, 50
If It Moves... (Quad Rocket) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Titan Killer (Quad Rocket) Tiers: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
Critically Conditioned (Charge Rifle) Tiers: 5, 10, 15, 20, 30
Top Gun (RE-45 Autopistol) Tiers: 5, 15, 25, 35, 50

[EDIT]Generation 5

EXP Modifier: x 1.5
If It Moves... (R-101C Carbine) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Top Gun (R-101C Carbine) Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75
If It Moves... (Arc Cannon) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Titan Killer (Arc Cannon) Tiers: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
Titan Killer (Sidewinder) Tiers: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10
Gooser (Mobility Kills) Tiers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

[EDIT]Generation 6

EXP Modifier: x 1.8
If It Moves... (Spitfire LMG) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Top Gun (Spitfire LMG) Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75
If It Moves... (Triple Threat) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Titan Killer (Triple Threat) Tiers: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
Titan Killer (Mag Launcher) Tiers: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10
Brain Surgeon (Mobility Kills) Tiers: 1, 5, 15, 30, 50

[EDIT]Generation 7

EXP Modifier: x 2.1
If It Moves... (G2A4) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Top Gun (G2A4) Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75
If It Moves... (XO-16) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Titan Killer (XO-16) Tiers: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
Titan Killer (Charge Rifle) Tiers: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10
Fresh Squeezed (Pilot Melee Kills) Tiers: 1, 5, 10, 15, 25

[EDIT]Generation 8

EXP Modifier: x 2.5
All I Do Is Win (General) Tiers: 10, 30, 50, 70, 100
Look Out Below! (Kills) Tiers: 1, 5, 15, 30, 50
Executioner (Melee Kills) Tiers: 1, 5, 10, 15, 25
Critically Conditioned 40mm Cannon (Titan Weapons) Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75
If It Moves... (C.A.R. SMG) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Top Gun (C.A.R. SMG) Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75
Titan Killer (Archer Heavy Rocket) Tiers: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10

[EDIT]Generation 9

EXP Modifier: x 2.9

MVP (General) Tiers: 1, 5, 10, 25, 50
Deadly Apparition (Kills) Tiers: 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Death Reincarnate (Mobility Kills) Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75
Disarmed (Melee Kills) Tiers: 1, 5, 10, 15, 25
Critically Conditioned XO-16 Chaingun (Titan Weapons) Tiers: 50, 100, 200, 300, 400
Critically Conditioned Plasma Railgun (Titan Weapons) Tiers: 5, 10, 20, 30, 50
Top Gun (Smart Pistol Mk5) Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75
Top Gun (Hemlok BF-R) Tiers: 5, 15, 30, 50, 75
Top Gun (Kraber-AP Sniper) Tiers: 1, 5, 10, 15, 25

[EDIT]Generation 10

EXP Modifier: x 3.5
No challenges reach level 50 for achievement

lem0n

bought on origin. i play with a controller, so i get worked. redbox'd the 360 version, im having a much better time here. damnit lol.

Jito

Banned
Lol Best crash today. On main menu, click play and tab out whilst the game loads. Crash straight away. Let's try again.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, I really love this game. Pound for pound is the most thrilling game I've ever played I think. I'm reallly gettin' into the parkour mechanics. Most of my satisfaction is coming from nailing jumps through windows just right and finding just the perfect angle to scale up a wall. The shooting is good too.

During the epilogue of the last match I had 15 seconds left on my Titan's build timer. I come around a corner and see an enemy sitting there aimed up ready to take out my team's drop ship. He didn't even notice me. So I just sat there and watched him waiting for my damage core to come online. And it did. And I smoked him like a joint. I imagine he didn't even see me. He was just staring up at the sky waiting for the timer to tick down and I completely flanked him. It was awesome. That 15second wait was the longest 15seconds this week.

Daemul

Bought this game for the 360 yesterday, was worried about not being able to install the disk in its entirety but the Xbox isn't any louder than my PS2 was back in the day. I'm enjoying it immensely, best Multiplayer game I've ever played, the speed of play is just phenomenal. I was garbage at first, but now I've got the hang of it, I have no trouble finding full games in the servers I use (North and West Europe), which is good news, the game will have a long life. £42 well spent I just say.

Once I move to next gen next year I'll buy the game again for the Xbone, play with some of the Gaffers.

antitrop

Ya if I'm out of smoke and have a cluster i shoot it at a wall put my back towards it, sure I'll takedamage but I'll kill him.

You don't even have to make it that complicated, you can just aim straight down and fire the Missile at your feet.

You can get away with minor hull damage. Cluster Missile makes an excellent backup plan to Electric Smoke.

I tried this once and got totally worked over by my own bombs. Are you just supposed to take the hit?

Takes practice, I guess. You're gonna take some damage, but it's absolutely safer than hopping out for a showdown.

ShowDog

bought on origin. i play with a controller, so i get worked. redbox'd the 360 version, im having a much better time here. damnit lol.

I play on controller and do better than average, but not amazing. I'm not gonna say PC users on kb/m isn't having any effect on your success, but it's more likely that the 360 version just came out. Once the player base gets up to speed it shouldn't be too much different.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Jumpkicking, lol

irbKznKV80Qt5.gif

Jumpkick to the ankle, FATALITY

ibutrVHRNk2ypM.gif

antitrop

Dies anybody uses the mic playing this game?? I haven't heard anybody talking!!!
In 100 hours of playing the game on PC, I never ran across a single person who ever said something worth listening to, if they talked at all. Plenty of people use the keyboard to chat, though.

Maybe people talk more on Xbox, because of the bundled headset and everything. Not that that's worth listening to, either.

wrongway

I wish I had a card that supported Shadowplay. Had a funny moment tonight where, after a cool series of fights I called my titan down and ducked inside a building to wait for it, only to somehow get stepped on through the wall by an enemy titan. It was such a dumb, anticlimactic end to a cool killstreak that I couldn't help but laugh like an idiot.

Anyway, the Arc Cannon's pretty boss with the Capacitor upgrade. Really good at scoring those 'gooser' kills too. :D

In 100 hours of playing the game on PC, I never ran across a single person who ever said something worth listening to, if they talked at all. Plenty of people use the keyboard to chat, though.

Maybe people talk more on Xbox, because of the bundled headset and everything. Not that that's worth listening to, either.
I'm playing on Xone and I haven't heard a word from anyone..!

I took a week or so off from TF so I could play some Dark Souls 2, I was starting to get a little tired of all those titans. Sunk about 25 hours into DS2 and hit a wall so I came back to TF this weekend and it feels so good to be back. I'm glad this game has legs on it.

*Side note: Going back to the 360 controller made me realize how much an improvement XBO controller is.

Delt31

might sound dumb but just tried this game with no sync and it runs super smooth. Only down side is the random clear line here and there when I move. thats the tear right? anyway to remove that besides enable vs b/c the trade off is worth it.

antitrop

might sound dumb but just tried this game with no sync and it runs super smooth. Only down side is the random clear line here and there when I move. thats the tear right? anyway to remove that besides enable vs b/c the trade off is worth it.

Turn off Vsync in the game and enable "Adaptive Vsync" in the Nvidia Control Panel. Doesn't completely eliminate the tearing, but it's better than running with it off or using Respawn's awful (read: Unplayable) implementation of Double Buffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom