• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueGrime

In 100 hours of playing the game on PC, I never ran across a single person who ever said something worth listening to, if they talked at all. Plenty of people use the keyboard to chat, though.

Maybe people talk more on Xbox, because of the bundled headset and everything. Not that that's worth listening to, either.

Yeah. People don't talk on the Xbox too, Anti. Very rarely will I come across guys talking in the public lobby when I'm playing alone. However, I play only rarely and usually in a party of two or more.

There was a feature in CoD when playing 6v6 Search and Destroy the game forced you out of party chat to curtail 3rd person cheating. At times I which that feature was in TF but now I realize that it would be a moot point since there is constant respawning. I experienced the same thing in BF4. No one talks on that game either.

Coconut

Banned
Jumpkicking, lol

irbKznKV80Qt5.gif

Jumpkick to the ankle, FATALITY

ibutrVHRNk2ypM.gif

tie went to the runner...

Does anybody uses the mic playing this game?? I haven't heard anybody talking!!!

The game doesn't even seem to detect my mic, for some reason, so I've never been able to use it on PC.

Do a lot of text chat, though.

Jumpkicking, lol

http://i.minus.com/irbKznKV80Qt5.gif[IMG]

Jumpkick to the ankle, FATALITY

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibutrVHRNk2ypM.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, melee in this game is broken as fuck. It's basically "stick your leg out and hope for the best".

Daemul

Playing last night hardpoint, was around 375-320 in favour of my team and we had all 3 hardpoints. Somehow the other team won.

At the lobby I congratulated them on an amazing comeback. Nobody replied 😡
Yeah, it's the same on the 360. Most people have mics and have them connected, but no one uses them. They're probably all in Private Parties, which sucks because in modes like LTS you can't coordinate for shit with no one talking, all you can do is just follow everyone else and hope for the best.

Lima

Nope, I'm on 360 so no recording. That really made me miss that feature. I like...reached for where the share button would be on PS4 and went ".............oh."

Interesting. They made that impossible on Xbox One and PC after the beta. The Titan now just falls through the ship and doesn't do anything. Looks like Bluepoint kept it in.

nampad

Finished both campaigns. After the initial disappointment, the fun came back. Unlocking some things did help a lot. Think it is stupid to lock stuff like pilot or titan customization behind a level and it annoyed me even more because I already did all this in the beta and the default configuratioms are useless.

After finishing the campaigns, I watched the 'cutscenes' for both on youtube again because you will miss too much while playing. The story is really weak and feels like it was written after they have decided on the maps.
I like the universe so I hope the sequel will have a better campaign mode.

One of my main complaints about the gameplay was the missing objectives based modes. Hardpoint doesn't feel good and they even made it worse by nerfing the defense points. I wondered why they were so low until I read about the nerf here.
On the bright side is CTF. I just played a little bit but the mode seems quite fun with the speed of the traversal in this game.

Also tried the assault rifle and DMR after playing shotgun exclusively and the auto aim is just ridiculous :/

Interesting. They made that impossible on Xbox One and PC after the beta. The Titan now just falls through the ship and doesn't do anything. Looks like Bluepoint kept it in.

See the mythbusters video - it's not the titan falling through that damages it, it's the splash damage from the titan landing, if it lands close enough to the ship.

Sucked it up last night trying to get those regen challenges. Two more titan kills with the railgun until I get instant shot. Hurry up please. I hate being on the bottom of my team!

Yeah. People don't talk on the Xbox too, Anti. Very rarely will I come across guys talking in the public lobby when I'm playing alone. However, I play only rarely and usually in a party of two or more.

There was a feature in CoD when playing 6v6 Search and Destroy the game forced you out of party chat to curtail 3rd person cheating. At times I which that feature was in TF but now I realize that it would be a moot point since there is constant respawning. I experienced the same thing in BF4. No one talks on that game either.

I find it weird because playing cod people are always talking at least waiting in the lobby

tauke

Oh wow the Spitfire LMG with slammer is a dangerous combo when rodeo a titan. Now I can perform brain surgery quicker than usual hehe.

Tawpgun

They should have a cannon reason for why jump kicks are so powerful.

I was thinking maybe they could attach those jump pack thrusters to your boots, and when you jump kick it actually accelerates your foot to lethal speeds :p

Am_I_Evil

I hate the level 4 -> 5 challenges...

That is all

(Ok I lied...not all...I'm aware the gooser is waiting for me if I ever make it past this...I have never even gotten one...I may be stuck eventually...I'd be shocked if I ever made it to 10)

Newlove

It's a bit frustrating jump kicking at around the same time as your opponent, hearing the noise of your kick hit before his but ending up being the one dying.

Jito

Banned
First day without any crashes! I think putting the game in windowed, disabled v sync and then -noborder on origin finally fixed it. No more tabbing out crashes (finger crossed).

Glad to hear more updates coming our way but hoping the PC performance patch is first!

Edit: Lol ok the game just crashed as I was closing it. That doesn't count still no crashes today!!

HoodWinked

Oh wow the Spitfire LMG with slammer is a dangerous combo when rodeo a titan. Now I can perform brain surgery quicker than usual hehe.

just in case you didnt know that challenge is a bit borked you need to stay on the titan even after you've put it in a doomed state.

Bydobob

Has anyone else suffered lag/connection issues lately? I just went from a KD ratio of 6 or 7 for several games in a row to 0.5 the next, against exactly the same opponents. I was suddenly getting taken out with what felt like one shot whereas I'd have to empty out half a magazine to register a kill. Even my attempt to "rage" quit was unsuccessful, game just stuck in a loop of trying to disconnect. I'm not sure what was off, my connection was showing in the low 30s during the lobbies.

Typomancer

Neo Member
It doesn't show you if you won it though.

It absolutely does not matter if you win or not in the campaign. The story and outcome doesn’t change, besides sometimes getting a very small tidbit of dialog from whatever NPC saying “We defeated them here, but they may have gotten enough data to blah-blah-blah,” and, sure enough, they did. Despite pummeling the other team with a 400 to 98 score.

Aw shit that explains a lot.

Yeah, if you’re talking about the Brain Surgeon challenge, you need to be sure to get the last shot on the titan while you rodeo it before it explodes completely. Very aggravating. I made a discussion on reddit about it that got a lot of replies. Some good tips in there as well.

HelloMeow

Has anyone else suffered lag/connection issues lately? I just went from a KD ratio of 6 or 7 for several games in a row to 0.5 the next, against exactly the same opponents. I was suddenly getting taken out with what felt like one shot whereas I'd have to empty out half a magazine to register a kill. Even my attempt to "rage" quit was unsuccessful, game just stuck in a loop of trying to disconnect. I'm not sure what was off, my connection was showing in the low 30s during the lobbies.

Yes. The game can be very inconsistent sometimes.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So I just randomly unlocked Gen 10, Pilot Hunter and Flag Runner when I haven't actually did the full requirements for them yet. That kinda sucks because I want to earn then legitimately. Is this a known bug and is there a way to fix it? Also, I was really close to earning both Pilot Hunter and Flag Runner (had 78+% done for both of them) and I'm the kind of person who won't even consider boosting because I like feeling like I earned all of my achievements. :/

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Arc Cannon ... lol fuck this thing, useless against Titans compared to all other guns. Great for farming minions, though. Gen 5 is where I stop, apparently.

bluehat9

Got to Gen 2 and touched the shotgun for the first time. Wow, is it a beast in in buildings in hardpoint. And amped up it seems overpowered. I had a few 17-1 matches where I just held B by myself the whole game. Thought I would really have to grind the challenges out because I usually hate shotguns in games, but it was easy here. seems kind of useless is attrition though.

Played a game with my brother where we were matched against a team with nothing with guys who were Gen 5 at least. There were 2 Gen 10. I'm still Gen 1 and my brother Gen 2 for reference. Because this annoying matchmaking pisses us off enough, we both used Burn cards to call down Ogres at beginning of match. We slaughtered the other team and it felt great. Brother actually lasted the whole game in his Ogre. I got until near the end before mine was blown up. I'm sad I hit "Print Screen", but my damn power clicked off as I was going to paste it in pain and save it.

tauke

There really is an issue with the hit detection. I just shot two magazines into someone's back and I only got 2 hitmarkers.

It is really random. Sometimes the server goes crazy and other times it just work.

Luckily the past hours as been kind to me as the hit detection just work. No stress from dying since I know it is my fault and also feeling satisfied killing pilots and minions as every hit counts instead of "hey I just pump one full clip of Spitfire LMG and the fellow still can jumpkick me lol".

Still I wish there is more players. Been seeing the same familiar name.

Typomancer

Neo Member
Arc Cannon ... lol fuck this thing, useless against Titans compared to all other guns. Great for farming minions, though. Gen 5 is where I stop, apparently.

The default Arc Cannon is great against minions, the Arc Cannon with the Capacitor attachment is a Titan killing machine.

Anyone else just see no point regenning? I'm sat at 50, and if I regen I ... Lose everything in return for a little icon? I'm bad enough at this game without having all my stuff taken away!

Mechazawa

Psshht, the Arc Cannon is my main. Full charge does great damage to Titans, never have to reload, shits on pilots.

It's what the railgun wishes it was.

Anyone else just see no point regenning? I'm sat at 50, and if I regen I ... Lose everything in return for a little icon? I'm bad enough at this game without having all my stuff taken away!

I have been sat at level 50 for over 2 weeks and have no inclination to regen. I have seen quite a few players at 50 (who I have asked) and they won't be bothering too.

It is just an icon and having read how many of the challenges lead to a miserable experience I have sworn off doing it. I am having too much fun playing the game the way I want with the guns I want.

Plus it can lead to selfish play that affects the team.

Izuna

Banned
So I just randomly unlocked Gen 10, Pilot Hunter and Flag Runner when I haven't actually did the full requirements for them yet. That kinda sucks because I want to earn then legitimately. Is this a known bug and is there a way to fix it? Also, I was really close to earning both Pilot Hunter and Flag Runner (had 78+% done for both of them) and I'm the kind of person who won't even consider boosting because I like feeling like I earned all of my achievements. :/

This is a weird Xbox One bug, perhaps they already fixed it, but any achievement with a progress bar can for some reason unlock early.

The funny part is that smartglass says that I am Gen 14.

OT: Windows Phone 8.1 update's wordflow is amazing.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Psshht, the Arc Cannon is my main. Full charge does great damage to Titans, never have to reload, shits on pilots.

It's what the railgun wishes it was.

There's nothing like sneaking up on an enemy Titan, blasting him with a full charge Arc Cannon and Rocket Salvo combo. Great weapon, possibly the best considering the 40mm cannon ammo nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom