• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wish there was a similar mode to Kill Confirmed in this.

Nahhh. KC is fun but ripping more modes from COD is lame. They need something new.

The only thing I'm really missing from COD right now is some form of reload canceling. I'm not talking so much that nerdy-ass "interrupt the reload animation 3 seconds in to shave off .5 seconds" as much as why do I still have to put up with the reload if I canceled by switching to my side arm and back...I've gotten killed so many times because I got stuck in a reload and couldn't cancel out of it.

ANYWAYS. Now on Regen 7. The brain surgeon challenge took a few more hours past the max rank to finish but it wasn't anywhere near the hassle that the Gooser was (but really nothing was annoying as 50 of those fuckers, really hope we eventually get whatever the PC/One are getting for completing this). I probably could have completed BS before 50 had I started on it before I got the Spitfire/Slammer but honestly it probably wouldn't have been worth the annoyance haha. I did rodeo and finish 8 titans in my final game for the challenge tho. That felt good. Gen 8 requirements are a cake walk, nice to not have anything really annoying this gen.

Yeah. They can get creative with new modes. Maybe even crazy modes that only last 2 weeks at a time or something? Like a mode where one team starts with Titans (can't eject), and the other team are pilots for a round. Then switch. Why? I don't know. But it'd be fun.

Izuna

Banned
Damn. No. Looking closer at your picture, I now realize that is an Xbox at your desk.

Side-rant: I hate this room. I moved in last minute a month ago and I had to spend hours cleaning various parts of the room. The chair is old and broken no matter what it will never look clean because the walls have the worst paint job. I'm so embarassed...

I know the devs read this site so just wanted to tell them i love Titanfall on Xbox 360 best game of the year having so much fun love the free running aspect of the game looking forward to the DLC and hope it sells millions and millions of copies well deserved. Looking forward to T2 great job guys.

Mafro

I would hate to see more modes from MW being copied and pasted in to Titanfall. That would be disappointing. CTF and Hardpoint are enough. Give me something new and fresh.

Nahhh. KC is fun but ripping more modes from COD is lame. They need something new.
I'm not really bothered about it not being fresh. It's a fun mode, I enjoy it much more than normal deathmatch. Can't remember if it was this Respawn team that came up with it back at Infinity Ward, or if it was Treyarch.

I can't wait for the next COD to be reviewed as "It's just Titanfall, without mechs or wallrunning".
It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the first next gen-only version. I had Ghosts for about a month and found it to be the worst one since COD3. It's really been taken as far as it can go under the current format and, from what I've played so far, Titanfall has easily surpassed it. I still play Black Ops 2 online regularly with friends and it's really jarring going from that to this now.

dankir

Goddamn I really should have played Campaign when this game first launched. I think I've completed and won the first 6 "levels" of the Militia campaign at least 20 times already.

Why is it that it starts the campaign over if the other team drops :S
I'll never finish either at this rate.

Scottiths

Banned
Same reason I lost interest but I haven't bothered checking back. Figure my friends will tell me if Hardpoint gets changed to be Hardpoint again instead of just a relay race. I prefer going into a map, determining the key points to hold/defend for victory, struggling to make that happen, and then getting rewarded for it. The point changes have made it so that strategic-level thinking is penalized. It isn't about map control, maintaining a line, and concentrating your resources. It is about running a route as efficiently as possible and frankly I got bored of that back when my route was between the red armor and the quad damage.

I went back to BF4. It is a buggy mess that makes me want to throw my mouse against the wall practically every time I play it but it is worth it for the teamwork, the complexity of gameplay, the ability to find a match by yourself where teams are reasonably balanced, etc.

I think the core gameplay concepts of Titanfall are fairly solid. It is a shame it was pushed out the door without private lobbies and solo queuing, two things it desperately needs/needed? for staying power. On the bright side it will be obvious what needs to be added to make Titanfall II a juggernaut.

I tend to agree that the defense point reduction was a bit much. Perhaps if they made defense only count vs pilots. The problem with the system before was you had people getting massive defense points just by sitting in a point killing grunts. If it only counted as defense for killing a pilot then it would mean you were actually defending and not just whomping on some AI.

The Mag Launcher sucks..

Locate target, use arc to fire from safety.

Mag launcher is my go to anti-titan weapon just because of that.

Wait what? Could you guys elaborate please?

They talked about it at PAX East. They're working on adding a feature to matchmaking that will allow you to find people to team up with based upon a hashtag.

So any one of us could use #neogaf and get paired up with people who have that tag as well.

Sort of like a one step removed friends list. Really perfect (sounding at least) idea for communities like ours or reddit where there are a lot of potential teammates that you don't want to have to add by hand to your friends list.

Went from 4 gooser kills to 20 in an hour because LTS is just gen 5s with auto eject off who just eject straight into the air when ejecting.

Kinda sad.

Went from 4 gooser kills to 20 in an hour because LTS is just gen 5s with auto eject off who just eject straight into the air when ejecting.

Kinda sad.

Hahah there's no going back now once you past those first 5. You're gonna finish the gooser challenge.

It's an annoying ass challenge but it feels pretty good once you past that line and you get "oh wow there's a guy past Gen 5" every other game.

TrueGrime

The only stats in the game I care about. My crappy 2.3 K/D can take a hike. Sucks that the MVP and wins I have now won't matter when I have to start the challenge.

stats.jpg

Hahah there's no going back now once you past those first 5. You're gonna finish the gooser challenge.

It's an annoying ass challenge but it feels pretty good once you past that line and you get "oh wow there's a guy past Gen 5" every other game.

Probably. It still just pisses me off. I'm sure that they're waiting for the DLC this month to patch it, but at least SAY that instead of saying nothing!

What're everyone's favorite maps? I really favor the big, free roaming, sunny outdoor maps. My favorites are probably:

1) Boneyard

2) Lagoon

3) Fracture

On the other hand, I think the three worst maps are:

13) Relic

14) Airbase

15) Overlook

All of them end up seeing action in just one small area of the map, which makes the game less interesting, to me at least.

Nydius

Pretty much yes, but not just that.

I check back to see if anymore changes are made to improve the defence points in Hardpoint and CTF - the reason for this is simple. HP and CTF are my favourite modes (i actually bought the game for these 2 modes alone) and the recent changes to the points made the way they are played into more of a "why bother defending when attacking is so much more rewarding" setup (i do admit, at the very start it was skewed towards "why bother attacking when defending is so rewarding"). At the time of the changes almost every game i joined had no one defending, simply because the changes made it vastly more rewarding to attack over defend (and as such, that's all anyone ever did from what i could see - attack, attack, attack - no defence at all).

I also check back to see if there any updates regarding improving performance (on the PC version in particular), it by no means runs at a slide show - but some maps run dam near perfect at max settings and others drop below 30 no matter what settings i change.

I loved the game during the beta and at release i wasn't to bothered about the performance as i expected updates and drivers to improve it, but when the 1st point changes came in nerfing defence i could feel my interest sliding away - then when you buffed the attack points in another update i lost all interest in playing.

It may seem to some as a silly reason to stop playing, but i love attack and defence modes - and when they are made to be more about 1 aspect over the other instead of balancing them (to make sure people actually want to do both - not just 1), well it kinda ruins the modes for me as i don't want to be the only one defending and then getting nothing for it even if i do a great job at it.

It doesn't seem silly at all to me because I'm very much in the same boat. I like TDM but I love Hardpoint and CTF style games. After the changes, I found myself playing both Hardpoint and CTF progressively less until I stopped bothering with them at all. They were no longer tactical, they were just a TDM style circle jerk with the added need to bother with an objective. If I want to play mindless TDM, I'd hop into Attrition. Watching Hardpoint turn into Attrition with Nodes has been disappointing.

While I like TDM, I can't play TDM exclusively, so Attrition bores me to tears after only a few matches.

Also, I have to completely agree on the performance aspects. I was hoping for at least some kind of patch for PC by now but it doesn't seem like the performance issue will be addressed (maybe can't be addressed?). It annoys the living hell out of me when I can play some maps flawlessly but then end up in Colony or Lagoon and watch the game turn into a stuttering, tearing, mess despite any and every third party driver setting out there.

Just before the game launched Respawn talked a big game about possibly patching the XBO to have higher resolution or better textures or better FXAA so it was only natural to believe performance patching would also be done on PC, especially with blog posts from nVidia almost stating as much.

It's almost been two months since release and I don't think the claims from either of these statements have come to fruition. The patches for PC have done nothing for performance, at least not that I can see. I can't speak to XBO, but my XBO owning friends say they haven't seen any improvements either.

Between being tired of the performance and how boring CTF and Hardpoint Dom has become, I haven't cared to play much. Every now and then I get a bug up my ass to play Attrition or Last Pilot Standing, but after a match or two, I'm usually off to a different game. I don't regret getting the season pass because I've yet to see what they come out with and I'll end up playing the stuff at least some.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
What're everyone's favorite maps? I really favor the big, free roaming, sunny outdoor maps. My favorites are probably:

1) Boneyard

2) Lagoon

3) Fracture

13) Relic

14) Airbase

15) Overlook

All of them end up seeing action in just one small area of the map, which makes the game less interesting, to me at least.

I really like them all except Boneyard and Airbase. I've been playing this game since launch and can still find new ways to traverse these maps. As far as map design is concerned, Respawn knocked it out of the park.

HelloMeow

I tried to leave this game twice before the round started, because I knew this was going to happen. It kept putting me in the same game again and again.

I immediately didn't feel like playing Titanfall anymore.

I tried to leave this game twice before the round started, because I knew this was going to happen. It kept putting me in the same game again and again.

I immediately didn't feel like playing Titanfall anymore.

Lol seriously. I don't understand how people fail to carry their weight in this game. How do you not even break 10+ minion kills over the course of a match? I really don't get it.

No lie maybe this game comes to me so much easier but I feel like it's way more forgiving than something like COD but I almost never see people in COD perform as poorly as I've seen people do in this especially with it's cannon fodder running around.

The amount of times where I absolutely work my ass off and still lose because of my teammates being dead weight completely outstrips any similar instances I can remember in the last COD. It's really weird, like the vertically oriented maps or titans intimidate people too much to snap them out of the mentality of camping in place.

That and the crummy matchmaking throwing already shaky noobs into matches with 5-6 man deathsquads that seem to be everywhere.

The amount of times where I absolutely work my ass off and still lose because of my teammates being dead weight completely outstrips any similar instances I can remember in the last COD. It's really weird, like the vertically oriented maps or titans intimidate people too much to snap them out of the mentality of camping in place.
I think this is a big one, and I don't understand why. A few arc grenades and some sidewinder will decimate a titan.

I think this is a big one, and I don't understand why. A few arc grenades and some sidewinder will decimate a titan.

Yeah it's strange. I mean don't get me wrong, whenever I see one I'm a bit horrified if I'm not cloaked or at least in a highplace but whatever, it's a videogame death. At least you get to choose a new burncard?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Uh, the guy placed at N1 is a friend of mine:

Original video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6aiIuETqxs&feature=youtu.be&t=9s

WP, Sixel, I'm proud of you! <3

Holy fuck such an incredible display of skills, I definitely love stylish parkour-kills the most... I wish I was half as good at playing FPSes (and with a gamepad too!), lol
Dude's a fellow italian? Pretty cool.

Btw, the # hash tag matchmaking system sounds like an awesome (and even a tad revolutionary) idea, bring it on Respawn, help grownups like me with puny IRL friends who won't play videogames (besides football that is)

Scottiths

Banned
It would do more than knock 1/10 of its health off. The grenade alone kills almost all the shield.
(I know what you meant, just pointing out that decimate is only one tenth culled because everyone uses this word wrong)

Argonomic

Really wish there was a similar mode to Kill Confirmed in this.

Do you think it would just be for pilots? It might be too much like Pilot Hunter. Or would you be snaggin dog tags off of grunts and Titans?

Same reason I lost interest but I haven't bothered checking back. Figure my friends will tell me if Hardpoint gets changed to be Hardpoint again instead of just a relay race. I prefer going into a map, determining the key points to hold/defend for victory, struggling to make that happen, and then getting rewarded for it. The point changes have made it so that strategic-level thinking is penalized. It isn't about map control, maintaining a line, and concentrating your resources.

Mmmm. This is a one of the many cases where unlocks and progression fights with competitive gameplay. It's a bit scary that the point bonuses are warping enough that a max level player will play the game so differently from somebody focused on getting xp, even warping to the point where some players won't play the entire game because of it.

I know the devs read this site so just wanted to tell them i love Titanfall on Xbox 360 best game of the year having so much fun love the free running aspect of the game looking forward to the DLC and hope it sells millions and millions of copies well deserved. Looking forward to T2 great job guys.

Many thanks. It's a huge credit to Bluepoint Games. In my estimation, they did the impossible.

tauke

It's been a week since I last played Titanfall since I'm back to my hometown for an errand. I wonder if there's any news on when the next patch will arrives?

Reason why I stop playing is just exactly like HelloMeow encountered. Got put into a group that doesn't do much thing for several matches non stop and being the only one to carried the team get old quickly. Sadly the community for SEA and East Asia pretty much plays Attrition only with the occasional Hardpoint if I lucky enough to wait for enough players which they will bail out after one match. :(

TrueGrime

Lol seriously. I don't understand how people fail to carry their weight in this game. How do you not even break 10+ minion kills over the course of a match? I really don't get it.

No lie maybe this game comes to me so much easier but I feel like it's way more forgiving than something like COD but I almost never see people in COD perform as poorly as I've seen people do in this especially with it's cannon fodder running around.

That and the crummy matchmaking throwing already shaky noobs into matches with 5-6 man deathsquads that seem to be everywhere.

This post says it all.

HelloMeow

I love Titanfall, but things can get really frustrating. Most of my complaining is just me venting those frustrations.

Meanwhile I play the game 2-3 hours per day.

I never spent one moment in my Titan when playing 5 *games* of Last Titan Standing *earlier tonight*

I rodeo'd so many a Titan and with well-timed cloaks with keeping my awareness of electric smoke, I would escape encounters and freely come back to finish them off.

Having a perma-stim , or perma-cloak/pilot ability Burn card later in the last 2 matches was an eye opener at how some people in Titans don't expect a well-timed arc/MGL volley or a pre-rodeo pair of satchels... and how easily these combos destroy a would-be Titan in no time.

At one point my squad of randoms caught on and 4 of us left the enemy team to deal with our auto titans as bait as we rodeo'd and Guerilla Warefare'd them to our victory. I felt like a hero against all odds. Seeing the enemy team empty out half their players after every match, even when they were obvious pairs or treos in "coordinated high-Gen Clans". felt good, Man.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So apparently to commemorate me getting to Gen 10 the game decided to throw me into a noobathon. I only needed another 600XP or so and I would have gotten from level one to level ten in a single round. 350% XP rate is crazy. Level 50 should take less than 3 hours of play time.

t5lnCWz.png

Mafro

1) Boneyard

2) Lagoon

3) Fracture

13) Relic

14) Airbase

15) Overlook

Love Angel City and Fracture. Boneyard is pretty good but I've played that map far to many times compared to the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom