• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bydobob

What're everyone's favorite maps? I really favor the big, free roaming, sunny outdoor maps.

I think they're all great but there are definitely some I do better in than others. I always seem to die lots in Colony, my brain struggles to process all the crossfire and where people are on the map. Too many moving red dots in close proximity of each leads to some reckless behaviour on my part.

I'm really looking forward to the new maps but like others worried about numbers, and what this does to the lobbies when you inevitably have to split from the non-DLC players. The game struggles with wait times and match-making as it is without making the pool smaller.

Roflobear

When you're escaping by dropship, is it sufficient to make contact anywhere near the dropship to get in it or do you have to get to it from the side entrance? I hit it directly yet clipped through the whole thing:

iJBrHaIugUaDx.gif

When you're escaping by dropship, is it sufficient to make contact anywhere near the dropship to get in it or do you have to get to it from the side entrance? I hit it directly yet clipped through the whole thing:

iJBrHaIugUaDx.gif
Gotta hit the collision box for entry on the side. It doesn't matter where you touch that spot from or what part of the ship you noclip through to get there, you just have to hit it. If you'd jumped to the left more you would have made it in AFAIK. Although I've only ejected into the ship, so maybe not.

iJBrHaIugUaDx.gif

It can be kinda annoying. I've clipped through it a few times and there were no second chances.
I think it isn't so bad now, compared to around launch time. Maybe there was something in the patches?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Yeah, they should probably let you in from both sides, and maybe some sort of highlighting to indicate exactly what you should be aiming for. I really don't like how if you land on top of it you just cilp through. Let me run off the side or something at that point, wtf?

HoodWinked

iJBrHaIugUaDx.gif

ya you missed it, its towards the left on the opposite side. also the box is actually a little further out from the entrance of the opposite end. so even if you jumped straight you probably wouldnt have jumped far enough because there is a canned animation if you hit the entrance collision box.

Daemul

Finished Gen 4 last night, just waiting for the patch until I regenerate, maybe for my final time, since I quite like the Gen 5 emblem, but I'll see.

In the meantime, I'm going to go and play some other games, I like Titanfall a lot and I don't want to end up getting burnt out by it and start hating it lol. I'll come back to it soon though.

Special C

Dat gen 7 badge is so purdy. I want to keep it.

I concur, I dread that awful looking 9 Badge.

I'm not crazy about 10 either. I think the coolest thing to do for Gen 10 would be to maybe highlight your chip in Gold and show "10", but to allow you to choose any chip background you want. I'm surprised no game has done it yet, would be a cooler reward for 10 than just getting stuck with what the Devs give you.

I'm not crazy about 10 either. I think the coolest thing to do for Gen 10 would be to maybe highlight your chip in Gold and show "10", but to allow you to choose any chip background you want. I'm surprised no game has done it yet, would be a cooler reward for 10 than just getting stuck with what the Devs give you.

God that would be great.

I actually like the Gen 9 badge though.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Gen 9 badge is nice, 8 and especially 10 are hideous. I would like it if you could choose your own color scheme with the number being displayed dead center, large and in bold font.

Stuck on gen 8's "All I do is Win" challenge. I'm currently at 23/100, have completed all the other challenges for the generation, and I'm already at level 50. So depressing knowing I'm going to be stuck on 8 for a another 77 games.

Stuck on gen 8's "All I do is Win" challenge. I'm currently at 23/100, have completed all the other challenges for the generation, and I'm already at level 50. So depressing knowing I'm going to be stuck on 8 for a another 77 games.

It would have been nice if they had spread that out across multiple gens instead of requiring all 100 at gen 8.

I appreciate that they are trying to add some time to the curve.. but the 50 MVPs in gen 9 feel like a cakewalk compared to getting 100 wins.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
You're looking it at it the wrong way. Take it as an opportunity to not have to focus on any challenges for the next 10 hours of gameplay before the final push.

Roflobear

You're looking it at it the wrong way. Take it as an opportunity to not have to do focus on any challenges for the next 10 hours of gameplay before the final push.

Yea that's how I see it. It's finally a chance to enjoy the game exactly like I did in Gen 1 before all this regen nonsense

Yea that's how I see it. It's finally a chance to enjoy the game exactly like I did in Gen 1 before all this regen nonsense

I've resigned myself to the fact that I will never get 50 gooser kills. Through the first 4 gens, I only have 5. For some reason, killing an ejecting pilot does not count if you are also in the air when you kill them.

Also, I already unlocked "All the hardware" and I do not feel like getting another 50 titan kills with the stupid arc cannon. I'll just stay at Gen 5 forever. I'm not going to torture myself with any more terrible weapons.

I understand why they forced us to try other guns, but there are some absolute shit weapons in this game. I can't get over how terrible the plasma railgun is. The concept is fine- a gun that only does damage when charged up. Except it doesn't do damage even when it's charged up.

Roflobear

I've resigned myself to the fact that I will never get 50 gooser kills. Through the first 4 gens, I only have 5. For some reason, killing an ejecting pilot does not count if you are also in the air when you kill them.

Also, I already unlocked "All the hardware" and I do not feel like getting another 50 titan kills with the stupid arc cannon. I'll just stay at Gen 5 forever. I'm not going to torture myself with any more terrible weapons.

I understand why they forced us to try other guns, but there are some absolute shit weapons in this game. I can't get over how terrible the plasma railgun is. The concept is fine- a gun that only does damage when charged up. Except it doesn't do damage even when it's charged up.

If you wait for the patch, they'll reduce it down to 5 gooser kills. That's way more manageable, and I think I've gotten at least 5 on accident (like when people are ejecting into the dropship while I'm shooting at it or I melee them right as they jump out of their titan). I agree with the plasma railgun and arc cannon thing though, those were pretty annoying to get titan kills with. Although I think arc cannon was easier to use than the plasma railgun so if you already did the challenge for that, arc cannon should be slightly less of a challenge.

you think that's glitchy, look at what me and my clan mates discovered in demeter, THE LAUNCHPAD GLITCH. It's soo funny:

http://youtu.be/PJbLqEaYeS4

Haha that was hilarious. After over 500 games played I don't think I've been to that corner of Demeter yet. Wonder if same thing happens on Xbone.

TheBear

I'm really trying to get through the campaign, but every time I get in a game it's the first level of the IMC campaign. How do I progress? Can't I just continue from where I left off?

Hip Hop

Is it true that Titanfall is basically "dead" on pc?

It started to fall around late March from what I recall. Haven't played since.

I periodically started up the game in April but couldn't find a single match in Pilot Hunter so I stopped playing. It was the same consensus by people in the waiting lobby, they couldnt find people to play with. I'd imagine it's worse now.

breadtruck

I periodically started up the game in April but couldn't find a single match in Pilot Hunter so I stopped playing. It was the same consensus by people in the waiting lobby, they couldnt find people to play with. I'd imagine it's worse now.

Yeah, Ive been having issues matching with players if not in Attrition. I was hoping there was a different issue going on rather than there not being any players... maybe it actually is that empty now.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I have no problems getting into full lobbies for Attrition. I imagine the other modes are pretty dead though.

I was gonna get this game on pc. (Dnt own Xbo) sad to hear really, but im not suprised cause i heard that it gets boring after a couple of matches.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I was gonna get this game on pc. (Dnt own Xbo) sad to hear really, but im not suprised cause i heard that it gets boring after a couple of matches.

Titanfall really isn't a game to rock out to for hours on end after the initial excitement wears off. A couple of matches here and there is satisfying enough and then I move onto a game where I feel like I've made progress (single player/story based games)

Then again I'm mostly a single player only person but Titanfall was amazing enough to get me back into competitive multiplayer.

Scottiths

Banned
This is just not true for me. I can play for an unhealthy amount of time. I already have 8 days played. I just can't stop! Too much fun. I'm sorry you don't like it :-(

I've been Gen 8 for a week or two no and I think that is the best looking Gen badge. I might just stay up here and keep it, don't really like the Gen 9 or 10 badge.

What are the chances that we get additional Gen's in future DLC/update?

TheBear

So I've just spent the last 20 minutes waiting to get into a lobby to finish the last level of the IMC campaign. Fuck this campaign

breadtruck

I think its a blast to play. Its the way CoD is, where you can feel satisfied playing a few quick matches rather than for hours at a crack. That said, I typically give it a couple hours a night, when I can. Im addicted to it.

Like was said by a few posters, Attrition and Hardpoint are still quite easy to jump right into a game. The other game modes are a bit harder to find players currently for whatever reason.

Its still worth a purchase if you ask me, especially if you get it for the price it was selling for a week or so ago (about $35)

First of all, the game getting boring after a few matches is bullshit.

Gooser is easy once you get used to it and play last titan standing. Believe me, I was bitching more than you were in this topic last seek.

Plasma railgun is OP as shit. The trick is even if their crit areas aren't exposed, you can still get a critical hit if you hit the area with a fully charged shot.

The arc cannon sucks kinda, but a capacitor and team that helps and lets you get the last bit helps. If you don't have people to play with to do that, try being social, I suppose. Or add some of us and we can help you.

On another note: Generation 6 was a joke compared to Gen 5. The Brain Surgeon was finicky to get all 50 (I don't get why sometimes just dooming them counts and others, you need to get the very last shot on it before it explodes), but the rest were easy. Mag Launcher is terribad, but you only need to doom 10 titans with it. Just sat back and took the last hit. Spitfire is a very underrated gun.

Just need to finish the triple threat challenges now, and it's overpowered too, so I should be able to move on to Generation 7 tomorrow. That doesn't look too difficult either.

Gen 5, here I come!

Enjoy getting your coddled five gooser kills, pleb. ;)

Looking at the challenges for Gen 8 makes me not want to play the game.

The fucking semi auto for Gen 7 will be bad enough. Gen 8 looks absurd.

TrueGrime

Looking at the challenges for Gen 8 makes me not want to play the game.

The fucking semi auto for Gen 7 will be bad enough. Gen 8 looks absurd.

One challenge at a time, my good sir. I know I'm not looking forward to the Arc Cannon. As if the Plasma Railgun wasn't fucking enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom