• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to hate the Rise map. The second I had my first run between the walls, skim across the zip line and back onto the walls moment it changed my mind.

I still have a soft spot for the beta maps of Angel City and Fracture.

I don't think there is a map I hate as such but there are some that lend themselves to a bad game moment more than others and that seems to be Relic. If I am going to have a poor game it seems to happen here for some odd reason.

I'm enjoying this game but really struggling to enjoy CTF. Too many times people just sneak in drop a titan outside grab and get in, once in a Titan it's difficult to bring them down quick enough to get the flag back.

There doesn't seem to be much advanced gameplay to it either i've spotted someone just camping in a corner near our flag waiting for a titan to do this.

It would feel so much better if you couldn't get into your titan when carrying the flag. Then you';d need a bit of team work to rodeo a teammates to get back quickly and it would still leave you vulnerable.

Played for the first time since Saturday and the matchmaking seemed a bit over-the-place. Some rounds were well balanced and others had one team of high-gens against non-gens. My last match was a satisfying one. Our team had two low-gen 2s and the rest non-genned (and my choosing to stay at 50). The other team was full of 7,8,9 gens and we beat them handily. Although no doubt they were all ballsing around for challenges.

I'm enjoying this game but really struggling to enjoy CTF. Too many times people just sneak in drop a titan outside grab and get in, once in a Titan it's difficult to bring them down quick enough to get the flag back.

There doesn't seem to be much advanced gameplay to it either i've spotted someone just camping in a corner near our flag waiting for a titan to do this.

It would feel so much better if you couldn't get into your titan when carrying the flag. Then you';d need a bit of team work to rodeo a teammates to get back quickly and it would still leave you vulnerable.

Yes this needs to be implemented. I don't bother with the mode all that much as it always seemed to turn into a whoever-has-a-Titan-at-the-start-or-first-has-a-very-large-chance-of-winning-the-round mode.

Jito

Banned
Do you think it would just be for pilots? It might be too much like Pilot Hunter. Or would you be snaggin dog tags off of grunts and Titans?

Mmmm. This is a one of the many cases where unlocks and progression fights with competitive gameplay. It's a bit scary that the point bonuses are warping enough that a max level player will play the game so differently from somebody focused on getting xp, even warping to the point where some players won't play the entire game because of it.

Many thanks. It's a huge credit to Bluepoint Games. In my estimation, they did the impossible.

When's the first map pack meant to be out? Kinda waiting on the game getting patched before playing again.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I tried to leave this game twice before the round started, because I knew this was going to happen. It kept putting me in the same game again and again.

I immediately didn't feel like playing Titanfall anymore.

I had a shit night last night. I played 3 matches ... ALL AIRBASE. Got killed 5 or 6 times by auto titans, 2 of which were from titan punches in mid air. Finally on the verge of hulk-smashing my controller I just turned off the PC and played Child of Light for a while, and all my rage disappeared. I've put in just under 160 hours of Titanfall but i think it's time for a break until they fix the matchmaking and map rotation.

Tawpgun

What're everyone's favorite maps? I really favor the big, free roaming, sunny outdoor maps. My favorites are probably:

1) Boneyard

2) Lagoon

3) Fracture

On the other hand, I think the three worst maps are:

13) Relic

14) Airbase

15) Overlook

All of them end up seeing action in just one small area of the map, which makes the game less interesting, to me at least.

I prefer the more Pilot focused maps.

Angel City, Colony, ...I'm forgetting the name of the one with the orangeish tint to it that has ziplines leading up to a center structure....

Worst maps are Airbase, the IMC Spectre factory, training ground...

Squoig

Banned
Relic is my favourite map, followed by Corporate and Rise for their wall run routes

Outpost 207 annoys me with two Hardpoints that can be captured by Titans and only one side of the map gets used for CTF

Special C

I think you shouldn't be able to get in a Titan with your flag, but still be able to ride a freindly Titan, that would make it a lot more tactical and fun and actually encourage teamwork.

Tawpgun

CTF is fucking easy mode.

Have a Titan ready, run to enemy base, use the pulse wall hack vision to spot out any campers in the base, deal with them, call Titan, grab flag and enjoy the easy street ride to victory.

CTF is a joke they really need to not allow flags in titans.

molnizzle

I love how I haven't turned my Xbone on in about a month, and as soon as I decide to fire it up today to play some Titanfall today the XBL core servers are down.

-_-

This may be a REAL dumb question, but is there a way to see the standings grid after a game is complete? I know you can go to the Last Match Summary, but that only shows you your individual performance (and unlocks and challenges). I want to see the table that shows everyone's performance, not just mine.

360 version (if that matters).

This may be a REAL dumb question, but is there a way to see the standings grid after a game is complete? I know you can go to the Last Match Summary, but that only shows you your individual performance (and unlocks and challenges). I want to see the table that shows everyone's performance, not just mine.

No it doesn't go to that level of detail.

Izuna

Banned
I hate that people don't talk on Titanfall. The social aspect is my favourite part of online games. Anyone up for Xbone matches?

Yeah, there isn't a scoreboard available once your in the lobby. Kind of a strange choice but whatever I don't miss it that much.

We have incorporated this change into our local testing.

Ya know, this may seem kind of inappropriate or douchey but I'm wondering what you guys over there at Respawn are thinking about the latest COD trailer... I'm expecting no response or a canned ":) we like COD and wish them the best" or something but it's hard not to see the Titanfall influence even if this thing supposedly has been in development for a while...

But whatevs, not trying to get y'all into trouble or anything.

Yeah, there isn't a scoreboard available once your in the lobby. Kind of a strange choice but whatever I don't miss it that much.

No it doesn't go to that level of detail.

Hmm, OK, at least I wasn't missing anything. Weird you can't see it as part of the match summary. Occasionally the scoreboard doesn't show up after a match, so I can't see how the game broke down. Maybe it's something they can add later...

I hate that people don't talk on Titanfall. The social aspect is my favourite part of online games. Anyone up for Xbone matches?

I have muted players on the PC. I don't wish to hear strange noises emanating from the headphones; this is all I ever heard before doing this.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Another map : Runoff

mp_runoff_overview.jpg

runoff_overall_low-angle.jpg

r1_x64-2014-04-15-18-08-09-261.jpg

r1_x64-2014-04-15-17-46-45-103.jpg

More at the link.

TheMan

im starting to get pretty bored with this. i just don't like the maps as much as those in BF3- gulf of oman and operation firestorm are better than anything in TF. likely gonna sell this for watch dogs (pending decent reviews) and that's a shame, cause i was really excited for TF before release.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
It would do more than knock 1/10 of its health off. The grenade alone kills almost all the shield.
(I know what you meant, just pointing out that decimate is only one tenth culled because everyone uses this word wrong)

Word has two accepted meanings. You're focused on the historical one.

im starting to get pretty bored with this. i just don't like the maps as much as those in BF3- gulf of oman and operation firestorm are better than anything in TF. likely gonna sell this for watch dogs (pending decent reviews) and that's a shame, cause i was really excited for TF before release.

BF3's maps were garbage and there's maybe one in TF that's bad (rise).

I am worried, if that is really the correct word, that my time with the game is coming to an end; at least on a temporary level. I stopped Saturday to get on with some other games and it wasn't difficult to stay away. I kind of forced myself back last night and tonight and I have been very ill-disciplined which always indicates boredom.

The teams have rarely been 6 v 6 in my matches these past two days. Matches are starting without a full compliment so it isn't just mid-match quitters.

I am not fully blaming the game; I usually have a natural length of time in a game before this kicks in. When I stop giving a damn, my performance goes to **** and this creates more a problem

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I think the MVP should never get a loss, and if the MVP is on the losing team, his teammates should get two losses.
Each team has an MVP, for purposes of the MVP challenges and presumably the rest of the MVP stat tracking. So if anyone is doing the Gen 9 challenges, it's not the worst thing in the world if you're on a team of scrubs that lose miserably.

TheMan

I am worried, if that is really the correct word, that my time with the game is coming to an end; at least on a temporary level. I stopped Saturday to get on with some other games and it wasn't difficult to stay away. I kind of forced myself back last night and tonight and I have been very ill-disciplined which always indicates boredom.

The teams have rarely been 6 v 6 in my matches these past two days. Matches are starting without a full compliment so it isn't just mid-match quitters.

I am not fully blaming the game; I usually have a natural length of time in a game before this kicks in. When I stop giving a damn, my performance goes to **** and this creates more a problem

i've seen this too. first noticed it about a week ago, just thought it was an anomalous morning. however, it seems to be happening fairly consistently now.

Argo, will those of us who finished Gooser before the patch on 360 get the special little thing you mentioned as well?

THAT MOMENT THO.

But yeah I'm hoping for the same too. It's probably something really inconsequential but still, that challenge was bs, I want something for it!

-Ryn

Banned
What're everyone's favorite maps? I really favor the big, free roaming, sunny outdoor maps. My favorites are probably:

1) Boneyard

2) Lagoon

3) Fracture

On the other hand, I think the three worst maps are:

13) Relic

14) Airbase

15) Overlook

All of them end up seeing action in just one small area of the map, which makes the game less interesting, to me at least.

Lagoon is easily my favorite map on that game. Colorful, vibrant, and just awesome to ninja around.

Yeah there was a mention that they internally noted the players that did it before the patch. I wouldn't count on it for the 360 since it is not handled by Respawn.

Probably not. Considering they've been inept enough to not reply to any fans in almost two weeks now, I'd be amazed.

Also, the Arc Cannon is fucking horrible.

Tawpgun

Yesssss.... Dunno how much peeps I have on friends list but add Tawpgun if you want to play Titanfall. All my friends are too busy to play most of the time/are playing other games. I wanna roll with a communicating crew

Also SMH at runoff. So close to being a symmetrical map. Would have been great for esports

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
17 pilot kills
2 deaths
3 doomed titans

and my team still lost almost 2 to 1. what in the?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Welcome to Titanfall

i know right? i was just shocked as i wasnt following the game score and just felt like i was dominating on a group of first time players. its not unusual for me to have a good game, but a good game for me is 10-12 kills with 0 or a few deaths. 17 kills though? i was legitimately shocked we lost AND we lost by so so much.

got to say though, i actually prefer this less restrictive matchmaking. i don't find myself getting frustrated with loses and/or shitty teammates like i would in say halo, where every single match is much more close and stressful. of course, best of both worlds would be to offer a ranked playlist and unranked, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom