• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Finally a (junior) member!

Got the deluxe edition on Origin for $56 through a mexican VPN.

Tried it yesterday, and holy crap what chaos. I am fairly good at multiplayer FPS's, but half the time I didn't know what the hell was going on.

Also, screw minions. I would prefer more human players. Killing canon fodder"bots" is not very satisfying. Please tell me if I have missed something..

Anyways, game seems like great fun and will hopefully keep me occupied for a month or two.

Use enemy minions to get your Titan.
Monitor your minions to ID the enemy position.

Minions, IMO, are one of the most essential strategic tools in the game.

TrueGrime

Finally a (junior) member!

Got the deluxe edition on Origin for $56 through a mexican VPN.

Tried it yesterday, and holy crap what chaos. I am fairly good at multiplayer FPS's, but half the time I didn't know what the hell was going on.

Also, screw minions. I would prefer more human players. Killing canon fodder"bots" is not very satisfying. Please tell me if I have missed something..

Anyways, game seems like great fun and will hopefully keep me occupied for a month or two.

The art of killing players and farming minions to get your titan quicker and more times than your opponent will be the difference between games. Especially attrition. It's also the difference between average and way above average players. I've found that there's no fine line in this game.

hoyalawya

Got to gen 9 yesterday, found out that getting MVP is quite easy in hardloint. Forget killing and just rush the enemy's handprints. I got 4 MVPs in a row with like 8 kills and 30 deaths. And I thought that I was gonna be stuck in gen 9 forever as I am not a very good FPS player.

Special C

Am I the only one who uses the Chaingun with Extended Mag instead of Accelerator? It's just so much easier to kill enemy Pilots without it.

Squoig

Banned
Am I the only one who uses the Chaingun with Extended Mag instead of Accelerator? It's just so much easier to kill enemy Pilots without it.

Extended Mag is good for pilots as it's accurate but the Accelerator chews up Titans. You also get double the extra ammo that the Mag gives you.

cakely

Chaingun with extended mags is a wonderful anti-pilot weapon. I never got the hang of accelerator it takes too many bullets to hit a small target.

hoyalawya

Chain gun with cluster missile and electric smoke in a Stryder is unstoppable.

Played against a guy in LTS on Saturday night who used Stryder with triple threat, mine field mod, smoke, cluster missile, and dash accelerator (I think). The dude was impossible to kill in non-wide-open maps as we couldn't just go after his Stryder because of the mine field & smoke. My team all wanted to rip him out of his titan after two matches but we couldn't get near him.

TrueGrime

I had to switch to the chaingun because they nerfed my fucking 40mm. After they did that, I was getting smoked by guys with the chaingun with extended mag and cluster missiles.

Still angry they lowered the ammo for the 40mm. I rarely see it used now.

TrueGrime

Also, do you know how easy it is to get critical hits with the chaingun with extended mag?? Should have nerfed THAT gun instead.

Sorry peeps. I apologize for my..

salt.gif

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Extended Mag is good for pilots as it's accurate but the Accelerator chews up Titans. You also get double the extra ammo that the Mag gives you.

Accelerator is better for LTS, extended magazine for Attrition. I prefer the accelerator mostly though because I tend to seek out fights with other Titans.

Squoig

Banned
Also, do you know how easy it is to get critical hits with the chaingun with extended mag?? Should have nerfed THAT gun instead.

That's why I love it.

I have to use the Arc Cannon now. It feels like it doesn't do much damage at all to titans. I use it as a minion popping device

Coconut

Banned
I never used chaingun with Stryder, that weapon is too weak for hit n run strategy you need with Stryder.

Circle strafe. Also why would you get in close with a Stryder they are weak, I use their mobility to get around the map crop dust bigger Titans with electric smoke and to do executions on doomed titans.

Circle strafe. Also why would you get in close with a Stryder they are weak, I use their mobility to get around the map crop dust bigger Titans with electric smoke and to do executions on doomed titans.

Interesting strategy, but I've personally never seen anyone use chaingun with Stryder. You need a weapon you can unload quickly before the other titan even turns in your direction, then dash away while reloading and rinse/repeat. I personally use it only with tripple threat or quad rockets combined with guided rockets and electric smoke.

TrueGrime

That's why I love it.

I have to use the Arc Cannon now. It feels like it doesn't do much damage at all to titans. I use it as a minion popping device

On Gen 5. I will be learning how to use the Suck Cannon myself. Can't be worse than the Plasma Suckgun as most people have let on.

TrueGrime

I also finished Gooser in one sitting. Now I get to go back in this thread and read Sox's salty posts on the 360 gooser challenge number. Makes me feel good.

Mesharey

The IMC helped to pioneer exploration of the Frontier. A lot of wars happened in the Core Systems (where most people live), which drew the IMC's attention away from the Frontier for a bit. When the wars (I believe they're referred to as the Titan Wars) ended, resources were running low in the Core System and the IMC noticed that the pioneers and ex-soldiers (something called the GI Bill allowed people who served in the IMC combat situations beforehand to get incentives to start businesses and stuff in the Frontier) in the Frontier were flourishing.

IMC declares eminent domain and tries to take back the resources and such on the Frontier. After diplomacy doesn't work, the ex-soliders and such in the Frontier form the Militia and try to repel the IMC.

That's my understanding. Argo can clarify or correct if he wishes.

Ridiculously enough, to really get any backstory you have to get the Prima Guide (or know someone who doesn't want their code for the electronic version of the guide *wink*). This level of information isn't even on the official Titanfall site, where you'd think it would be.
Don't sue me, Prima!

As for specifics, Sarah (Militia) had her family killed by the IMC and wants revenge. MacAllen (Militia) disliked what the IMC had become and lead a mutiny before joining the Militia. The IMC doesn't really have any notable stories for their characters except that Graves is the chief in command for the Frontier and dealt with MacAllen's mutiny. Generally the IMC just wants to suppress the uprising by any means necessary.

There ya go, there's the ENTIRE story leading up to the dialog within the missions.
Thank you both, now it makes sense. =)

BTW. How many players can play on one system (X1)?
Edit: after a quick Google search, one player pnly on one console, well, that's bad, really bad for me, it will kill the soon for me. :/

TrueGrime

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why satchel charges are a beast.

In spawning on the opposite side during the IMC portion of the campaign those guys didn't get 4 seconds out of their spawn before I ruined their party. There were also a gun kills after that got cut off because I froze in the excitement of it all and recorded wrong. The 6th guy ended up killing me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FxNqYSADVQ&feature=youtu.be

Edit: A gun kill, not two kills. My bad.

In spawning on the opposite side during the IMC portion of the campaign those guys didn't get 4 seconds out of their spawn before I ruined their party. There were also two gun kills after that got cut off because I froze in the excitement of it all and recorded wrong. The 6th guy ended up killing me.

NICE!

abadguy

Banned

In spawning on the opposite side during the IMC portion of the campaign those guys didn't get 4 seconds out of their spawn before I ruined their party. There were also a gun kills after that got cut off because I froze in the excitement of it all and recorded wrong. The 6th guy ended up killing me.

Edit: A gun kill, not two kills. My bad.

That was pretty cool. I would have been pretty pissed at you if i were on the receiving end though.

Well, I got to Gen 8 today and a few ranks in before I'm guessing Bluepoint pushed out a update kicking everyone off the game. Got some error afterwards for about 15 minutes about "new player developer error" or something that wouldn't allow me to join a game. Sucks. Oh well.

Just had one of my best nights. I think we won just about every game for the night, minus one or two.

My favorite game though had to be this one. At the end, we had 5 titans, and were stomping their ship. Then an enemy titan sprinted between all of us, got a nuclear ejection (I didn't notice) and decimated our 5 titans. The 2 titans that survived must of noticed and sprinted away. It was a damn good move by whoever on the enemy team.

Titanfall_zpse72e33d7.png

Ghazi

Apparently it's finally the fabled gooser update.

Looks like I'm not alone with the connection errors.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/XBOX-360-quot-Disconnect-DEV-ERROR-quot/td-p/2752660

Seems it was still acting up as of 3 hours ago so it might take another mini patch to fix this crap again...

While that's nice, I'm a little frustrated they haven't brought us into parity with XO and PC players. For example, multiplayer is still called Classic, which I take to mean we're still behind them.

We do have private matches, however, so I'm a little confused as to what version we're at compared to them.

That sucks about your connection issues though, I didn't run into any.

While that's nice, I'm a little frustrated they haven't brought us into parity with XO and PC players. For example, multiplayer is still called Classic, which I take to mean we're still behind them.

We do have private matches, however, so I'm a little confused as to what version we're at compared to them.

That sucks about your connection issues though, I didn't run into any.

Lol yeah I'm not really expecting us to be up to speed till after the first map pack drops. Even then I'm expecting it to be on a delay. Have they even said formally if the pack is coming to the 360? I mean, I figured it will make it's way to us eventually but...

Lol yeah I'm not really expecting us to be up to speed till after the first map pack drops. Even then I'm expecting it to be on a delay. Have they even said formally if the pack is coming to the 360? I mean, I figured it will make it's way to us eventually but...

Yeah, it's supposed to come out this month but we still haven't been graced with a solid date yet.

Just had one of my best nights. I think we won just about every game for the night, minus one or two.

My favorite game though had to be this one. At the end, we had 5 titans, and were stomping their ship. Then an enemy titan sprinted between all of us, got a nuclear ejection (I didn't notice) and decimated our 5 titans. The 2 titans that survived must of noticed and sprinted away. It was a damn good move by whoever on the enemy team.

Reminds me of when my team lost and was attempting to hold the exfil site. We had a few titans. An enemy titan came at us full bore and dodged about our titans to get right up to the ship. And then promptly went nuclear.
It inflicted enough damage that the enemy managed to destroy the ship. I was impressed and disappointed I didn't realize sooner and attempted to block his path.

Impressed because that is also a favourite little tactic of mine.

ajim

Anyone else getting horrible pings the past few days? Even the local Aussie servers are returning like a 300+ ping and the Asian data centres are best at around 200?

Whats going on?
can anyone help out with this? Really annoying. My best data centre is east Asia at 167ms and my local Australian one is at 217ms.

anyone else experiencing this or can I fix it? I was averaging 50-60ms before.

TrueGrime

I've been killed that way before. What makes it worse is that I've had teammates do that too! Unless you're paying attention you have no idea who is doing it and it's best so just get the hell out of the way anyway.

Special C

Also, do you guys hoarde titan cards?? I fucking have 9 of them and I never want to use them.

I play variety pack and use them when Pilot Hunter comes up. They are most useful in that mode in my opinion because you are dominating early game and not giving the other team 5attrition points when you die. It's also keeping you from dying.

dankir

Has anybody encountered this glitch? I finally beat the militia and IMC campaigns last night ( just been playing general multiplayer since launch)

After unlocking the Stryder (played one match and switched back to the Atlas), my Titan ordnance ability is always the Vortex Shield. I've tried different load outs and ordinances, different custom Titans and I can't use anything else.

I'm going to try the Ogre tonight and see if that does anything.

Also is the season pass for sale? I can't find it on the store.xbox.com

TrueGrime

Has anybody encountered this glitch? I finally beat the militia and IMC campaigns last night ( just been playing general multiplayer since launch)

After unlocking the Stryder (played one match and switched back to the Atlas), my Titan ordnance ability is always the Vortex Shield. I've tried different load outs and ordinances, different custom Titans and I can't use anything else.

I'm going to try the Ogre tonight and see if that does anything.

Also is the season pass for sale? I can't find it on the store.xbox.com

I have sort of run into this and it mostly deals with when I am using the default class. I use this until I can customize my titan and when I finally reach the level to do that when the game starts I have to manually choose that custom titan or it will remain on the default. Sometimes when I switch it anyone it remains on the default so when I want to use smoke I get a goddamn vortex shield. This only has happened on the stryder for me.

Coconut

Banned

Titanfall_zpse72e33d7.png

Based on those scores it's like you are bragging about kicking the shit out of a dead body.

Poor admiralhonybuns and his shitty ping

Holy shit, I didn't even notice that. Sad that he did better than a fucking gen4.

Ugh. That Gen 4 and 5. No reason for that shit whatsoever.

Yeah. What the fuck was that gen4 doing that he wound up with 13 deaths and 0 kills!? How does that happen. Must have been a long trek to gen4.

Didn't notice our team deaths on this one. If I hadn't had my neck snapped while hacking a turret we would have had three people on our team with no deaths.

Tawpgun

I've been REALLY enjoying the g2 whatever semi auto rifle. Dunno if match trigger is worth the limited ammo. It already fires pretty fast.

Anyway I'll be on today after 4 est hit me up if
You plan on xbone I wanna run in a communicating party.

Also is it just me or are frags useless.

Special C

I've been REALLY enjoying the g2 whatever semi auto rifle. Dunno if match trigger is worth the limited ammo. It already fires pretty fast.

Anyway I'll be on today after 4 est hit me up if
You plan on xbone I wanna run in a communicating party.

Also is it just me or are frags useless.

I admire you sir. I am Absolutly awful with the G2. My K/D actually dropped when I was doing the Gen challenge for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom