• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Wait, ejecting while a pilot is on your titan (therefore ejecting him too) and killing him in the air counts as a gooser??
He meant the other way around. You rodeo and force an eject. As in, usually I'd just hop off as soon as I'd doom a titan, but if I want a goose I'll ride it out and hope he ejects. Pretty hit and miss, sometimes it seems to throw you way higher or lower than the ejecting pilot for reasons I can't figure out. Sometimes I think it's ping related. But sometimes during an eject you'll be perfectly level with a surprised pilot and can gun him down for the goose. I can't say I've done it a lot, but I've gotten a some with a carbine, CAR, and smart pistol.

He meant the other way around. You rodeo and force an eject. As in, usually I'd just hop off as soon as I'd doom a titan, but if I want a goose I'll ride it out and hope he ejects. Pretty hit and miss, sometimes it seems to throw you way higher or lower than the ejecting pilot for reasons I can't figure out. Sometimes I think it's ping related. But sometimes during an eject you'll be perfectly level with a surprised pilot and can gun him down for the goose. I can't say I've done it a lot, but I've gotten a some with a carbine, CAR, and smart pistol.

The height also differs on the type of ejection. Nuclear ejections tend to send the Titan's pilot above you, while generally they'll be level with or below you in a normal ejection.

TrueGrime

i did just that and it didnt.

http://1drv.ms/1qi426v

Okay. Got it.

I will try to grab me a couple of these.

Thank you gentlemen, you're doing the lord's work.

Special C

Y'all who run stim weird me out as a dedicated cloak user. I can't imagine losing the times I've run between a group of titans going at it/have been in the corner of a player's field of vision unnoticed, just so I can sprint and regenerate faster. Probably good for minion farming tho.

I don't use Stim to get around the map as much. I Use it for Pilot vs Pilot encounters. If they get the drop on me I stim and escape. If If it's an even fight I stim for the speed and regen advantage. I do use it for mobility if I'm out of the action or need to get to a hardpoint/flag.

Finally finished Deadly Apparition so now all I have to complete Gen 9 is like 23 more MVP's. I guess tons of Attrition? Seems the safest bet. Just run around farming grunts and killing any pilots/Titans that get near me.

TrueGrime

Finally finished Deadly Apparition so now all I have to complete Gen 9 is like 23 more MVP's. I guess tons of Attrition? Seems the safest bet. Just run around farming grunts and killing any pilots/Titans that get near me.

If you're really good and can eek out 90+ points in attrition, use the campaign attrition.

I can't wait until we actually have a release date considering we're almost 1/3 of the way into the month the DLC is releasing in and we STILL don't have a solid date that I can find.

Just got to Gen 8. Time to do the ridiculously high 100 round wins thing and the 50 dropped titan kills with the wonky drop designation. Then the stupidly high 200 cloaked kills for gen 9...

Might be taking a bit of a break to play the show on my PS4. these requirements are off putting for how high they are.

I can't wait until we actually have a release date considering we're almost 1/3 of the way into the month the DLC is releasing in and we STILL don't have a solid date that I can find.

Just got to Gen 8. Time to do the ridiculously high 100 round wins thing and the 50 dropped titan kills with the wonky drop designation. Then the stupidly high 200 cloaked kills for gen 9...

Might be taking a bit of a break to play the show on my PS4. these requirements are off putting for how high they are.
The 100 Wins is definitely pretty high but I wouldn't fret too much about it. Someome said it a few pages back but look at it as a chance to play the game with no annoying challenges to complete (that is once you finish the other gen 9 challenges lol). Warp fall is for sure irritating but only if you really focus on it, I only have 3 more to go with a little over 50 wins.

It also helps that I've been going for the achievement for unlocking everything during this gen and I'm just down to the spitfire and smg so I haven't been bored just running the carbine and chaingun for game after game.

Speaking of which, I know this might just be me but y'all ever get in a game with a consistent set of players (rare, I know) and you play some guys who exclusively use the carbine or the chaingun? Do they get on your nerves? Idk, maybe it's because in almost any FPS I play I like to use EVERY gun almost equally so when I see players who solely run something because it performs the best I can't help but feel they are a little lazy all for the sake of being a stat whore. Yes I know the carbine and chaingun are god tier, but I feel like if I ran them game after game I wouldn't even want to play anymore.

This would probably wouldn't be so bad if half the guns I come across weren't carbines and chaingun using titans (source, my ass). Idk, feel like Respawn should have beefed up some of the other guns so carbine/chaingun wouldn't have been so nasty, especially with how easy they are to use.

HelloMeow

I came across someone who changed his name to resemble Spectre.

Mfdejv7.png

It didn't help.

Speaking of which, I know this might just be me but y'all ever get in a game with a consistent set of players (rare, I know) and you play some guys who exclusively use the carbine or the chaingun? Do they get on your nerves? Idk, maybe it's because in almost any FPS I play I like to use EVERY gun almost equally so when I see players who solely run something because it performs the best I can't help but feel they are a little lazy all for the sake of being a stat whore. Yes I know the carbine and chaingun are god tier, but I feel like if I ran them game after game I wouldn't even want to play anymore.
I don't really get it, certain levels seem to come to different guns. The 40mm owns the chaingun in titan versus titan.

The most fun I've had in this game is with the smart pistol, such a different gun to the standard fps gun.

NEO0MJ

So I just got this game but feel so useless to my team. I never played much multi-FPS games except for Team Fortress so can anyone give me some tips for this game? Thanks.

I don't really get it, certain levels seem to come to different guns. The 40mm owns the chaingun in titan versus titan.

The most fun I've had in this game is with the smart pistol, such a different gun to the standard fps gun.

I agree it is definitely better but it's a bit harder to use on the 360 I think vs the chaingun because of our lower fps.

So I just got this game but feel so useless to my team. I never played much multi-FPS games except for Team Fortress so can anyone give me some tips for this game? Thanks.

• Use the Carbine and cloak until you get the hang of wall running effectively. Once you do so, then the shotgun and stim become more viable.
  • Stay off the ground as much as possible, but don't just hang out on the roofs. Wallrunning increases your speed, so you'll move across the maps faster. Rise is the perfect map to practice on.
  • Use the suppressor for the Carbine after you unlock it. You'll lose some damage output, but it will give you more time to get the drop on someone.
  • Don't discriminate against 'bots' and players. All of them are worth it for XP, weapon upgrades, Titan build time, and sometimes mission points.
  • Help if someone is going toe to toe with a Titan, even if you're a pilot. Rodeo makes for a good distraction and quickly deals damage. If there's more than one enemy Titan, hit and run with your anti-titan weapon.
  • Hardpoint Domination and CTF, go where you feel you are most needed. If the enemy starts capturing your points early on, go and defend the appropriate location. If it's more of a draw/overwhelming the enemy, be on the offensive (so long as there's a defense in place)
  • Last Titan Standing, don't fight alone.
  • When in doubt, run, including in Last Titan Standing. Run away to fight another day.
  • Generally the faster the Titan, the better for a new player.
  • Electric smoke is generally the best ability, though Last Titan Standing you'll want to start with Vortex shield until you get aggressive enough to properly implement ES against Titans.
  • Use all of your abilities/ordinance
  • Auto-Titans make great bait in Attrition, and are capable of inflicting damage fairly well on their own.

I'm stuck on the gooser challenge. I've been playing off and on the last couple weeks, the other day I finally got my first one, then got my 2nd one two games later. My 3rd I managed to get on accident (not sure how it happened, just noticed I completed it after the match was over). I'll get to gen six eventually.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
It must be personal preference but i do much better with the 40mm, with the atlas damage boost i can tear multiple titans apart really quickly.

I use chaingun simply because it is far better against pilots and grunts (I play attrition). Strafing and hitting critical spots is key with it though, if you can't do that consistently you will not be very good with it.

Carbine is the only good weapon? I do well on a regular basis with the CAR, G2A4, R97, Kraber and Spitfire.

Come on now.

Agreed. Spitfire in particular is my personal favorite.

TrueGrime

The 40mm used to own the chaingun! However, when they nerfed the ammo they killed it. Very few people use it now as a result because it's very easy to dash the fuck around the bullets and while you are reloading that POS shit gun, the 90 bullets of extended mag greatness from the chaingun + my cluster missile + my smoke + me easily being able to zoom in and constantly hit your critical areas nonstop + my damage core.. you just don't stand a chance.

TrueGrime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom