• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueGrime

I've been REALLY enjoying the g2 whatever semi auto rifle. Dunno if match trigger is worth the limited ammo. It already fires pretty fast.

Anyway I'll be on today after 4 est hit me up if
You plan on xbone I wanna run in a communicating party.

Also is it just me or are frags useless.

Satchels > Frags.

Hyunkel6

Any tips for the charge rifle "critically conditioned" challenge? I already have enough trouble landing shots on moving titans. Shooting their critical spots seems near impossible, unless I get really lucky.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Any tips for the charge rifle "critically conditioned" challenge? I already have enough trouble landing shots on moving titans. Shooting their critical spots seems near impossible, unless I get really lucky.

Stick to the rooftops and use arc grenades with the explosives pack. 2 arc grenades takes down a full shield. Angel City is a great map for this, which is one of the campaign maps. I got mine in bunches though, and finished before hitting level 50. Charge Rifle is a beast.

hoyalawya

Get close to the titan. Don't try to do it from half the map away. And abuse auto-titans.

TrueGrime

Amp'd charge rifle + rodeo + no splash damage = done sir done.

hoyalawya

Just finished deadly apparition challenge for gen 9 (sill 24 MVPs to go though). Got 72 minion kills in the Colony map in attrition, all cloaked. I used the smart pistol with silencer, stim, minion detector, and ghost squad burn cards. And just run around the fence looking for minions. Ended up as MVP in that match as well as my triple threat auto-titans killed 3 pilots and a titan LOL.

DE9gxHV.png

Get the fuck out.

HelloMeow

Yeah I already broke down why you failed with it when you posted it last time. It's actually super-fun to use, you just have to keep yourself in constant motion bouncing off of walls, and being a difficult target, never hipfire, if you don't have time for a lock-on it's ADS and hope for the best time.

There is a bug though. The one time I decided to use it this week, it wouldn't lock on. Well, it would, but the lock would reset every 0.5 seconds.

Maps that aren't too open so the titans have lessened mobility.
Arc grenades are a handy complement.

SpyGuy239

Kind of regretting buying this now (PC). The servers take time to generate players in modes like attrition and hardpoint, and the team balance is more often than not out of whack.

What's with the shitty server browser stuff? Couldn't they just have made a proper browser like in BF4 (PC)?

Also the number of players seems to be way smaller than I thought ):

Also the number of players seems to be way smaller than I thought ):

I took a week off for Dark Soul 2, when I came back the player count was noticeably smaller. It takes way longer to find games than it did just a couple weeks ago, especially if you try playing during the day.

Last night was the first night I really tried to play and I kept getting extremely uneven teams like in my screenshot above. Maybe it was just a bad night and tonight will be better.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Already time for looking ahead for part two, eh? :)

It was officially announced yesterday by EA and Respawn that sequels are coming. But after reading The Final Hours piece on the game I can't help but wonder what the next game will look like with sufficient dev time and no drama, so yeah I've been looking forward to TF2 for a few weeks :D

But right now I want mah mapz.

Bydobob

Yep, couldn't get a game on LTS for love nor money the last couple of days. Even Attrition struggles to field 6v6 sometimes. Perhaps a sale might be in order to give it a new lease of life. Talk of the sequel is depressing.

Jito

Banned
Perhaps actually fixing the matchmaking and updating the game with the fabled PC performance patch would get players back. Til then though.....

Yep, couldn't get a game on LTS for love nor money the last couple of days. Even Attrition struggles to field 6v6 sometimes. Perhaps a sale might be in order to give it a new lease of life. Talk of the sequel is depressing.

Although I am sure a sequel is a little ways away I, too, feel a bit down about this talk of a second game.

With player numbers looking a little sparse at times (even in attrition) I am worried that a game I really like is dying off a little too much.

This is mirroring my stint with Hawken last year. The game was brilliant fun but lacking in content (a lot less maps in Hawken at that time) and had small player numbers.
Big robots are cursed.

Special C

Deadly Appirition is going to be tough. My strategy has completely developed around having stim. I'm so useless as a pilot without it the first few games of a new Gen. It's become an integral part of how I play the game.

Lima

Deadly Appirition is going to be tough. My strategy has completely developed around having stim. I'm so useless as a pilot without it the first few games of a new Gen. It's become an integral part of how I play the game.

No. Works on grunts and specters too. Just run around cloaked and snap necks or jump kick bots.

hoyalawya

Use ghost squad burn card with smart pistol, silencer, stim, and minion detector. I got 70+ cloaked kills in one game in the Colony attrition map with that combination. I set out to go after minions around the outside fence as the primary goal and didn't go into the middle at all.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Not a fan of the G2A4's ironsights at all. Having a hard time shooting pilots with it until I unlock a different sight. The rifle is pretty powerful but the ironsights are just bad.

TrueGrime

Having trouble with my last gooser kills. Hitting people with the chaingun and arc cannon but not enough for either. It sucks when you see that hit marker and get no kill for it.

maomaoIYP

Hit the end of G2 last night.
The framerate on the 360 version is so bad that the only weapon which is really viable for every map every purpose is the carbine. That realization depressed me so much I don't think I'll be playing anymore.

Y'all who run stim weird me out as a dedicated cloak user. I can't imagine losing the times I've run between a group of titans going at it/have been in the corner of a player's field of vision unnoticed, just so I can sprint and regenerate faster. Probably good for minion farming tho.

Not too hot on the Titanfall 2 pseudo-announcement. I really hope Respawn takes their time on it and really makes it content rich next time around. Maybe they can get away with no Singleplayer again but multiplayer needs to be filled to the brim with stuff. I'm really hoping for a similar jump like Modern Warfare to MW2.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I love stim but yeah it's tough to give up that Titan stealth. Cloak makes me forget how vulnerable a pilot can be to a Titan, so if I switch it for stim it's always quite a few idiotic deaths before I adapt and learn my role as a rodent cowering in the dark.

Stim 4 lyfe.

I have a need for speed. Rarely use the other two.
Wall-hack seemed cheap but it is offset/balanced by how it is kinda visually disorienting.
Cloak is for the I wanna stand out in the open and hope that big titan doesn't see me with my Archer.

Izuna

Banned
Titanfall on PC definitely has a lot more Minions than Xbone. Each dropship has 4 minions instead of 3, and there are a lot more drop ships.

I couldn't get used to using the mouse and keyboard, despite thinking I was a lot more used to it. Plugged in my 360 pad and was able to perform well.

I played it at a friend's house so the higher average fps and MUCH less latency made the 40MM feel like it was stupidly broken. I was able to Gooser with it a couple of times. For those of you who said lag makes it easier, oh no it doesn't!

Also, I only played one night, but I think the competition is much easier on PC as well. I was only not MVP once and also only lost once up to LV17. I don't think I can pull that off on Xbone.

HelloMeow

Also, I only played one night, but I think the competition is much easier on PC as well. I was only not MVP once and also only lost once up to LV17. I don't think I can pull that off on Xbone.

It's usually the opposite. I can't really say there are a lot of challenging opponents on PC. Most people play it like it's cod.

edit...

Jdoizbs.gif

Sigh... This wouldn't be an issue with a server browser. Even with only as few as 200 people playing world wide, there'd always be a server you could immediately join.

Bydobob

Having trouble with my last gooser kills. Hitting people with the chaingun and arc cannon but not enough for either. It sucks when you see that hit marker and get no kill for it.

Forget about the arc cannon, chaingun is where it's at for goosers. Shouldn't require more than 3 hits, just keep your distance for lower trajectory and less adjustment. Another option is ejecting with the pilot following rodeo and goosing mid-air. Ah, the satisfaction...

I couldn't get used to using the mouse and keyboard, despite thinking I was a lot more used to it. Plugged in my 360 pad and was able to perform well.

I've heard this before from usual kb/m players. Perhaps they went a little far with the aim assist?

It's more likely a reflection of the lower player numbers and struggling match-making. It can be a very binary experience but stick with it and competitive matches can be had.

Izuna

Banned
I've heard this before from usual kb/m players. Perhaps they went a little far with the aim assist?

It's not that. My aim is better wth mouse and kb, but I get confused with how many buttons there are. I claw with pad and I can jump turn and ADS/Shoot at the same time. I just don't have the muscle memory to do that without pad. It got so frustrating I gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom