• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live Gold finally came in today a month late, but now it means I can continue through Gen 3. I"m heading on now and will be regularly online throughout the next 11 days.

On another note, servers seem a bit slow to connect today. Hopefully we'll see some performance improvements in today's patch notes.

Jito

Banned
Better be a whole heap of things they're showing in this stream other than maps. Game needs PC performance patch, matchmaking fix (server browser please), some weapons nerfing and buffing, and some longevity to the game other than generations, oh and new game modes.

Edit: Can't believe I'm the only one here for the stream and I've not played the game in 3 weeks...

The Cowboy

Please please please be a performance patch.

For PC as well as Xbox one/360 :D.

I look forward to reading the notes, i haven't played in weeks and i will be dipping again in for the DLC (as i did buy the season pass before release) and i'm really curious to see all the changes (there is 2 i am really hoping for - HP/CTF related).

EDIT.
Patch notes are here.
http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-three

Double EDIT (read the notes now).
Ahh well, i guess HP and CTF and still HP attrition and CTF attrition (as there is no adjustment for the defence points :-( ).

Jito

Banned
So a quick skim over some general game tweaks (mainly private matches and post game score boards) and now onto showing of the shit they want to sell us. Where the fuck is the PC performance patch.

Oh but thank god we can finally name our custom loadouts, that's what was ruining the game for me! Where the hell is the matchmaking fix? Would have got this DLC if they actually put out a decent patch after all this time but man this is lacking.

I'm furious to be honest. After 2 months this is what they chose for the first "big patch". Who really gave that much of a shit about naming custom weapon classes?

For PC as well as Xbox one/360 :D.

I look forward to reading the notes, i haven't played in weeks and i will be dipping again in for the DLC (as i did buy the season pass before release) and i'm really curious to see all the changes (there is 2 i am really hoping for - HP/CTF related).

EDIT.
Patch notes are here.
http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-three

So over two months and no mention of the XB1 performance patch they teased before launch. I'm pretty upset about this.

So over two months and no mention of the XB1 performance patch they teased before launch. I'm pretty upset about this.

I think it's safe to say it's not happening.

That's exactly what I'm starting to fear. Their silence says a lot. If they were still working on it you'd think they'd at least say "we're continuing to work on performance improvements for the XB1". It's not that hard to say that if it's happening.

Just curious, who else here hasn't touched the game in a month, or if you have, not much at all? I just feel like I've lost interest in it and I've maybe put in 20 to 30 hours or so.

Just curious, who else here hasn't touched the game in a month, or if you have, not much at all? I just feel like I've lost interest in it and I've maybe put in 20 to 30 hours or so.

I have only played a few hours in two weeks but it is sort of an enforced break as Titanfall was the only game I was playing. I needed to break away to give some other games a chance.

I'll be back onto the game this week and I am hoping that CTF and hardpoint will have people playing (PC) because I was playing too much attrition which can get boring.

No release date for the map pack? Really?

I'm assuming they patch is out today? They didn't even make that 100% clear. :|

The communication has been rather terrible, though that seems to be the norm these days. May 15th was mentioned in the Gamestop listing, but not naming the day in a trailer released during the same week makes no sense.

What the hell is going on at Respawn?

Welfare

Patch notes look really good. MVP kill points, Nuclear Eject being more useful, CTF Assists being 100 points, and Titans not doing damage to Drop ships are huge pluses in my book.

Jito

Banned

Haven't played in three weeks now and won't be getting the DLC, was hoping for a lot more from this big update today. The fact the update isn't even out and there's no DLC date is ludicrous as well.

Probably. :( I wish some of the team members who post here would comment on this.

I bet the reason they're not commenting on it is because they're still trying to make it happen. I doubt that we will get the performance enhancements, but I do think that Respawn is still at least working on it to see if it will work.

Bydobob

I have only played a few hours in two weeks but it is sort of an enforced break as Titanfall was the only game I was playing. I needed to break away to give some other games a chance.

I'll be back onto the game this week and I am hoping that CTF and hardpoint will have people playing (PC) because I was playing too much attrition which can get boring.

Likewise taken an enforced break. My "quick games" ended up lasting hours and caused too many late nights and knackered mornings at work. There's also a ton of games on the horizon (Watch Dogs, MK8, Wolfenstein) which I need to focus my interest on.

But damn this patch comes out and it's got my interest back up. I'm most excited about the 144hz support, but by far the biggest change is the 25 points for MVP kills. Wow, that's a game changer. Witch hunt mode anyone?

The Cowboy

Can anyone copy and Paste the patch notes in for those of us wasting away at work?
No probs at all - sorry all for the big block of text, it is quite a lot of patch notes.
GAME UPDATE THREE

5/12/2014 Patch Update Details

NEW FEATURES (All Platforms)

Custom load-out names - You can now name your custom loadouts for both your Pilot and your Titan.

2 dedicated Custom Loadouts per game mode - Each of these 2 loadouts become unlocked after playing the game mode 5 and 10 times respectively. These loadouts are only available in the game mode they are listed under. In a Private Lobby, all game mode loadouts can be customized. In a match lobby you can only customize the loadouts for the game mode about to be played.

Last Game Summary improvements:
◾Now shows the last game's scoreboard so you can view it from the lobby after the match.
◾Now allows you to filter which challenges are displayed. You can toggle between "Most Progress Made" which was the original behavior, "Completed", or "Almost Complete"
◾Challenges in the last game summary screen now show the reward the challenge will give when highlighted.

Custom Private Match Settings (Beta) - We've added the first round of Custom Match Settings to the Private Match mode, so you can tweak the games you set up for friends and tournaments. More are coming and feedback is welcome. Options include:
◾Score Limit
◾Time Limit
◾AI Lethality - Controls how tough and accurate Grunts and Spectres are.
◾AI Types - Sets the allowed types of AI from drop pods and drop ships.
◾Pilot Health - Gives pilots half, normal, or double health.
◾Pilot Ammo - Gives pilots normal or reduced ammo.
◾Titan First Build Time – Adjusts how long until players acquire their first titan.
◾Titan Rebuild Time – Adjusts how long until players' replacement titans are ready.
◾Titan Shield Capacity - Normal, half, double, or disabled.
◾Minimap - Turns the HUD minimap on or off.
◾Respawn Delay - How long players must wait before spawning in again.

Extra Look Drift Guard - We added a new "High" setting to the "Look Drift Guard" controller option. This is useful for players experiencing and being bothered by view drift on their controllers. Players who prefer the original behavior should set this to "low".

Level Stats - We added a new menu under "Personal Stats" showing statistics per map such as how many times you have played each game mode, or won each game mode. This allows players to easily track the achievement "I've Seen It All" requiring that you play each mode and every map.

Campaign MP - The campaign menu now shows a small trophy icon for each faction for every level that you have won. This will allow easier tracking of which campaign levels you have won for the achievements "Militia Elite Pilot" and "IMC Elite Pilot".

Regen Challenges - We found that some players erroneously believed that the requirement challenges for Regen only became available when they reached level 50. Now, when Regen challenges become available, they are marked as "new" with an exclamation point, so players know they can start progressing on the Regen Requirements.

Amped Weapon pickup distinction - The pickup prompt for Amped Weapons dropped by other players will now show up in orange text.

Scoreboard Icons - We have added two new scoreboard icons to provide additional awareness during play. One is an icon that indicates that a dead player's Auto-Titan is still alive. The other is an icon to differentiate players who have successfully evacuated during the Epilogue.

NEW FEATURES (PC)

Extreme frame-rate support - The game now supports refresh-rates up to 144fps.

Audio Installer - The audio file installation step is much faster. No more long wait times.

Scoreboard Controls - Added bindings to mute players from the in-game scoreboard. Defaults: Page Up / Page Down to select, Delete to toggle mute, Enter to view profile.

NEW FEATURES (X1)

New chat icon - Added an icon to the scoreboard and lobby screens to show when a player is in Xbox party chat and therefore not part of the game voice chat.

GAME BALANCE CHANGES

Match win/loss credit - Players are now rewarded win/loss credit at the moment of Victory/Defeat, rather than after the post-game scoreboard period. You also now receive a loss if you leave a match before a winner is determined. Previously you received neither a win nor a loss if you quit before the post-game scoreboard.

Normal Eject - Damage and area of effect has been decreased. Previously, a normal Titan eject caused damage over an unintentionally large area of effect, slightly larger than the circle outlining the statue in Corporate. This has been reduced, and the damage has been reduced as well. This brings the effect in-line with the ejection visual FX. The original intent of the eject explosion damage was to reward an ejecting pilot for accurately anticipating or baiting an enemy Titan into an execution attempt, but the size of the explosion made this too easy.

Nuclear Eject - Now does more damage against Titans. Previously an Atlas with full health could survive a close range Nuclear Ejection. Given the long "tell" that Nuclear Eject has, we decided it is appropriate for it to decimate Titans that are within the blast radius.

Build time - Shooting enemy mega turrets or evacuation drop-ships now rewards you with Titan Build Time or Titan Core Charge Time. You do not get build time for the regular drop ships because they do not hover long enough to make destroying them a reasonable or gameplay-meaningful player objective.

Dome shield
◾You can no longer knock a Titan out of its dome shield with Titan melee.
◾No longer tries to do damage to other Titans if they are in their own dome shield. Previously there were circumstances where this could result in a Titan unintentionally taking damage.
◾Now protects Titans against nearby Titanfall splash damage.

Emp effects - No longer mess up your screen while you are inside dome shield.

MVP - Killing the other team's MVP now gets you 25 points.

CTF Assist points - Players are now awarded Capture the Flag assist points. If you help carry a flag back to base you will receive 100 points as long as the flag was never returned by the other team between you possessing it and your teammate capturing it.

Titanfalls - Disabled Titanfall near the evacuation location and stopped Titanfall from doing damage to the drop-ship. Dropping your Titan on the evacuation ship was not an intended behavior.

BUG FIXES (All Platforms)
◾Improved next game map and mode selection, so the chance of replaying the same map or mode as the last game should be very rare.
◾Fixed NPCs not cycling between locations while defending Hardpoints in Hardpoint Domination.
◾Fixed Bish / Blisk erroneously broadcasting the capture status of a Hardpoint to players that were out of range.
◾Fixed an audio issue where notification dialogue from the Player's Titan might unintentionally be cut short or fail to play.
◾Reduced accidental pilot ability activations from pressing 'A' to respawn when using the "Bumper Jumper" controller config.
◾Fixed case where a pilot is rodeoing a Titan, and the Titan pilot ejects and collides with the rodeo'er, resulting in one or both pilots falling abruptly to the ground.
◾Fixed unintentional death that resulted from ejecting out of an out of bounds trigger.
◾Fixed case where Titan firing weapon while auto-ejecting will cause cloak to cancel.
◾Fixed cases where a rodeo'ing player or ejecting Titan pilot can become stuck in a solid object.
◾Fixed case in Rise where your Titan would teleport inside a building after you embark.
◾Fixed places where a Titan could be unintentionally dropped.
◾The Kill Card (the information about what killed you or your Titan) now shows up if you have Auto Eject. Previously it did not.
◾Arc Cannon rumble will no longer continue if you disembark while charging the weapon.
◾Arc Cannon idle effects will now properly play in all circumstances.
◾Pilot weapons will no longer disappear inside the Evacuation drop-ship.
◾Fixed a bug where the count on score splashes could be incorrect if the same event had different XP values.
◾Kill Cards will now always display the attacker's remaining health. It previously could be pushed off by excessively long names.
◾Improved the sounds associated with Electric Smoke to increase awareness for the attacker and victims.
◾The Titan VO will no longer incorrectly say you're outnumbered when allies are nearby.
◾The missile from the Amped Archer will now play proper whiz-by and impact sounds.
◾Improved the sound when Auto-Titans use the XO-16 with the accelerator mod.
◾Fixed several crashes.
◾Fixed burn cards being awarded during private match. This was not the intended behavior.
◾Fixed some weapon and mod names not displaying properly in the weapons menu.
◾Fixed private match showing XP after a match even though no XP was earned.
◾Grenades will now drop if you're killed before throwing them.
◾Fixed a case where AI could be briefly frozen in place.
◾Fixed case of multiple Titan drops happening on the same spot at the same time.
◾Further reduced the bandwidth used when connecting to a server, for improved load times.
◾Improved the view-kick effect when firing the B3 Wingman. Damage and behavior have not changed.
◾When you are killed by a Titan execution, you will now be treated to a kill replay that begins about 5 seconds earlier than it previously did, which helps you better understand what were the circumstances of your death.

BUG FIXES (PC)
◾Fixed an issue where the "Emitter Limit" audio option was not being saved.
◾The "Master Volume" slider no longer affects voice chat volume so they can now be tuned separately.

BUG FIXES (Xbox One)
◾Players will no longer have a microphone icon if they do not have a headset plugged in.

And more...stay tuned!

TomShoe

Banned
I'm having some problems with the PC version.

I'm playing on my laptop, and whenever I try to connect to the servers, I just get a "retrieving matchmaking list," followed by "Attempting Connection (1-10/10)," and then it just loops. I've tried opening ports and connecting to different data centres, but no luck. Has anyone else had any problems with this?

Tawpgun

MVP bonus is that for attrition points or exp. if attrition that is a loooooot

Also gg true grimes. Just 2 players who know their shit and work together can win games

Mafro

GAME BALANCE CHANGES

Match win/loss credit - Players are now rewarded win/loss credit at the moment of Victory/Defeat, rather than after the post-game scoreboard period. You also now receive a loss if you leave a match before a winner is determined. Previously you received neither a win nor a loss if you quit before the post-game scoreboard.
This wasn't a thing from the start?!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Custom Loadout names what! Glorious!
Audio Installer - The audio file installation step is much faster. No more long wait times.
lol what did they do

awww no dropping titans on the dropship laaaame!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not really "follow", but "guard". If it's within range of you, and there are threats nearby, it will freak the fuck out and start punching fools.

HelloMeow

I just lost my titan while I was trying to get to it. It kept running away until it was doomed.

Also, spot the "join a game that's about to end five times in a row". Very frustrating.

dtjzbKg.png

This 360 DLC delay is a fucking joke. I'm selling this game off. Not like I was having fun with the requirements on the last two gens anyways.

Not going to do this obvious bullshit. Wait until 1/3rd into the month for any info because Respawn doesn't communicate to fans and then find out it'd delayed.

Especially after it was said in here that there was no delay between versions. If I'm going to get shafted for not buying an Xbox One, the series can fuck off.

That and EA's refusal to release sales numbers is ridiculous.

No performance patch for the Xbone after they tell Xbone owners it's coming, no rebalancing of weapons... No defense point fixes. I really don't think they're even listening to us.

Oh well.

Edit: custom game mode loadouts are cool but come on now. The rest pisses me off. Why can't you guys pass on the assets and stuff to Bluepoint of let them work more closely to you so there isn't a delay?

Or don't claim there won't be a delay in the first place and actually listen to fans about balancing weapons. The CAR and Carbine are absurdly OP. Or don't tease a performance patch and then go silent on it.

TrueGrime

This 360 DLC delay is a fucking joke. I'm selling this game off. Not like I was having fun with the requirements on the last two gens anyways.

Not going to do this obvious bullshit. Wait until 1/3rd into the month for any info because Respawn doesn't communicate to fans and then find out it'd delayed.

Especially after it was said in here that there was no delay between versions. If I'm going to get shafted for not buying an Xbox One, the series can fuck off.

That and EA's refusal to release sales numbers is ridiculous.

No performance patch for the Xbone after they tell Xbone owners it's coming, no rebalancing of weapons... No defense point fixes. I really don't think they're even listening to us.

Oh well.

Edit: custom game mode loadouts are cool but come on now. The rest pisses me off. Why can't you guys pass on the assets and stuff to Bluepoint of let them work more closely to you so there isn't a delay?

Or don't claim there won't be a delay in the first place and actually listen to fans about balancing weapons. The CAR and Carbine are absurdly OP. Or don't tease a performance patch and then go silent on it.

RIP, Sox. ):

Holy shit. Reading the patch notes---the Regen Challenges look like they're finally going away!

GAME UPDATE THREE

5/12/2014 Patch Update Details

Regen Challenges . . .

swansondance.gif

My body is ready.

. . . We found that some players erroneously believed that the requirement challenges for Regen only became available when they reached level 50. Now, when Regen challenges become available, they are marked as "new" with an exclamation point, so players know they can start progressing on the Regen Requirements

flip-the-table_zpse31e43da.jpg

SpyGuy239

Haven't played in three weeks now and won't be getting the DLC, was hoping for a lot more from this big update today. The fact the update isn't even out and there's no DLC date is ludicrous as well.

Yeah damn, I just got the game as well, had a little fun when I had the time but it seems abit dead on PC. (I much prefer if they had battlefield like server selection choices)

What bugs me the most is the RIDICULOUS 50gb disk space that it is taking up on my SSD for absolutely no reason at all for a multiplayer game of such small scope. Made me transfer out all my steam games etc. off to another HDD for absolutely no reason at all. Bullshit.

HelloMeow

I was just playing Hawken, where only 20 people were playing on the EU servers. I had no trouble finding a game, because Hawken has a server browser.

Titanfall, which I hope has more than just 20 people playing right now, is taking more than 5 minutes to get a game going. I'm typing this as I wait.

Jdoizbs.gif

The more I play the more I hate the regen challenges. I'm playing hard point and I can take this flag to my left in my Titan, but this enemy Titan is primed for a rail gun kill I need over there. Fuck the hard point, I'm taking on this Titan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom