• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kydd BlaZe

Omfg this "look out below" challenge is making me want to murder kittens and puppies. This shit is seriously rage inducing....

Wtf were you thinking with some of these challenges Respawn???

Izuna

Banned
Omfg this "look out below" challenge is making me want to murder kittens and puppies. This shit is seriously rage inducing....

Wtf were you thinking with some of these challenges Respawn???

That challenge is easy when you get used to it. You will definitely have it before 100 wins...

Kydd BlaZe

Yeah I have 9 more kills to go. It's just so frustrating trying to time the drop. By the time the titan drops, the enemy moves away as if it has some sort of psychic abilities. Not only that, but the drop selection seems to always choose a spot that I wasn't even aiming at. So infuriating...

Can someone help me out? I haven't played my Xbox in a few weeks. I loaded up titanfall today and when I get into a match my game is unplayable, real laggy. I did a network test and it shows 23 mbps. What gives?

Alright after working with Xbox support I found that its bad to have your Xbox plugged into a surge protector. This caused a sync issue with my controller. I plugged it directly into the wall and all is well.

I'm stuck on the gooser challenge. I've been playing off and on the last couple weeks, the other day I finally got my first one, then got my 2nd one two games later. My 3rd I managed to get on accident (not sure how it happened, just noticed I completed it after the match was over). I'll get to gen six eventually.

Ha the first game I played today got my last 2 gooser kills. Eneded up geting two more with in the next couple of games. Feels so good to get past being stuck. Gen 6 I'm going to wreck ya!

Roflobear

WHAT? No. You're fucking kidding. You have to do the railgun again??

Yep :( You have to get 50 critical hits with it.

There's another two challenges that seem pretty annoying too. You have to get 25 pilot kills with the Kraber sniper and 75 kills while you're ejecting, so kinda like reverse goosers. On top of all that you have to be MVP on your team 50 times, which seems about as time consuming as the 100 kills from Gen 8

TrueGrime

There's another two challenges that seem pretty annoying too. You have to get 25 pilot kills with the Kraber sniper and 75 kills while you're ejecting, so kinda like reverse goosers. On top of all that you have to be MVP on your team 50 times, which seems about as time consuming as the 100 kills from Gen 8

Respawn wasted no energy trying to piss off and frustrate their gamers. ):

Took a break from Titan Fall for a couple weeks after I reached level 50 on Gen 3. Had no intention of going through the headache of the Railgun challenges and figured after mainlining it since launch, I could find some time to play other stuff.

Jumped back in tonight on a whim.

Still great. Still so, soooooo GREAT.

So now I've made a new deal with myself. When my overall K/D reaches 4.0, then I'll start tackling the railgun challenges.

HA! I'm at 2.0 right now, and it's probably going to go down a tad while I shake the rust off. So 4.0 is never happening, and I'm probably never going to get past Gen 3 by the time the next COD or Halo addiction hits.

I can live with this fate. :D

Izuna

Banned

Kraber is much better than the other Sniper, don't worry about it. 50 MVP is roughly half or perhaps faster than 100 wins you will find. When you play for MVP either in Attrition or CTF you can get it consistently even if you don't win.

Kills while you are ejecting is nothing like Gooser challenge. You can just Nuclear or chuck down Arc Grenades... You will get about 10 per game easily.

Well, put this game in for the first time in a few weeks.

Really disappointing that they haven't bothered to touch the Carbine at all. Two months later it still fires like a laser. Probably part of the issue when people say the game doesn't have legs. 90% Carbine just isn't all that fun.

I can only assume they haven't said anything about it with the DLC coming up?

Really disappointing that they haven't bothered to touch the Carbine at all. Two months later it still fires like a laser. Probably part of the issue when people say the game doesn't have legs. 90% Carbine just isn't all that fun.

Nope. Being inept as ever with communication.

m23

I feel like I was cheated out of 2 gooser kills. Does the enemy have to still be going upwards when you kill them?

CoD4 was 90% M16 and it was a great game. Halo 2/3 were 90% Battle Rifle and they were great games. Halo CE was 99% pistol and it's the greatest console fps of all time.

That's not the reason.

JimiNutz

Banned
I was so into this at launch but realised that I now haven't played this for about 3 weeks.
Is there any chance that Respawn will add some new modes? I was some kind of co-op or horde mode - especially one with monsters!

Also... since this apparently didn't sell that well for EA is there any chance that MS secures the IP? Not that it really matters.

Squoig

Banned
I feel like I was cheated out of 2 gooser kills. Does the enemy have to still be going upwards when you kill them?

No. It was probably someone else trying to do the same challenge and they shot first.

I've been having the same thing with the Sidewinder challenge; so many assists and only 9 that have actually counted.

I need one more kill on each side of the campaign for the achievement. So frustrating having no idea which map it is. :/

Very interested in seeing the new maps in action tomorrow.

I'm going to be really irritated if they don't even mention the performance improvements they promised 2 months ago for XB1.

hoyalawya

Got to gen 10 last night after about 140 games in gen 9. Now I feel the pressure to perform in every match to justify the gen 10 badge. I am not a very good player and just played a lot of matches.

Roflobear

Kraber is much better than the other Sniper, don't worry about it. 50 MVP is roughly half or perhaps faster than 100 wins you will find. When you play for MVP either in Attrition or CTF you can get it consistently even if you don't win.

Kills while you are ejecting is nothing like Gooser challenge. You can just Nuclear or chuck down Arc Grenades... You will get about 10 per game easily.

This makes me a feel a lot better. The other sniper became more doable after the AOG scope so I hope the Kraber follows the same way. Also I'm considering nuclear ejecting around a group of minions even if my Titan isn't doomed, even though that's kind of a selfish thing to do as far as helping the team goes. I don't think I'd do it if the ejecting kills come easy though.

Got to gen 10 last night after about 140 games in gen 9. Now I feel the pressure to perform in every match to justify the gen 10 badge. I am not a very good player and just played a lot of matches.

Yea, I'm Gen 9 but I feel the same way lol. It's somewhat embarrassing when I'm towards the bottom of my team's leaderboard

MaGlock

So played for a few hours started at level 1 of gen 3 and got to 25 completed all the r97 challenges. It's a surprisingly good gun but still can be beat in close range by the r101

Hyunkel6

I dreaded the charged rifle's "critically conditioned" challenge. I had a lot of trouble getting the first five good shots. Once I got the hang of it though, the challenge was a breeze. The weapon itself is a beast. Can't believe I was rolling with the mag launcher for the first 3 gens. It's a shame that it unlocks at only level 33!

TrueGrime

I dreaded the charged rifle's "critically conditioned" challenge. I had a lot of trouble getting the first five good shots. Once I got the hang of it though, the challenge was a breeze. The weapon itself is a beast. Can't believe I was rolling with the mag launcher for the first 3 gens. It's a shame that it unlocks at only level 33!

Arc cannon is a beast too. Especially against pilots.

Special C

The Last Campaign mission is a Spectre Gold mine for those working on unlocking all the attachments. The Extended Mags always seem to take the longest until you figure this out.

The Last Campaign mission is a Spectre Gold mine for those working on unlocking all the attachments. The Extended Mags always seem to take the longest until you figure this out.

Damn, I wish I realized this sooner.
Unlocking attachments with the Spectre challenges is a massive pain sometimes. I end up playing matches hunting for them and so end up slaughtering horders of grunts and being caught unaware by enemy pilots. Occasionally happening upon a Spectre.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I don't even think it has to be the campaign mission. Seems Spectres are plentiful if you play that map in a normal match. In general the the thing to keep in mind about Spectre hunting is that they spawn later in the match generally. So I don't focus on it until after I eject from my first Titan typically.

TrueGrime

I don't even think it has to be the campaign mission. Seems Spectres are plentiful if you play that map in a normal match. In general the the thing to keep in mind about Spectre hunting is that they spawn later in the match generally. So I don't focus on it until after I eject from my first Titan typically.

Second mission on the IMC has a shit load of them. BTW, nice name. Fellow BSG fan I see.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
aEEsc4T.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom