• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I play the more I hate the regen challenges. I'm playing hard point and I can take this flag to my left in my Titan, but this enemy Titan is primed for a rail gun kill I need over there. Fuck the hard point, I'm taking on this Titan.

Fucking stupid. The 100 wins are dumb as shit too but of course, they ignore feedback on the challenges.

TrueGrime

Nonsense. Now punch me in the nuts as hard as you can, baby.

nicolas-batum-punch-gif.gif

Roflobear

This doesn't work all the time, but I love when an enemy titan uses electric smoke in front of me, then I use mine right next to his. Then the guy thinks all that smoke is his and walks through both his and my electric smoke

Also extended mag > accelerator as far as chaingun mods go. Accelerator gets too unwieldy the longer you keep firing

Don't understand the lack of weapon balancing in the new patch.

Currently 6 more wins from Gen 9 and I've been running the carbine out of impatience to get this over with and it's hilarious how easily it outperforms everything else in this game.

Unless you're fighting against a CAR/fellow carbine user or someone running a gun with one shot potential you're going to win.

And on the opposite side of the spectrum you have guns that require way more work and skill like the GA24 or Hemlok that struggle to kill shit that isn't standing still at midrange.

Honestly, you can tell these where the same guys who made the Modern Warfare game's M16/ACR notorious...

Izuna

Banned
So you now get 25 points for your team for killing an MVP?

So does this mean +25 points in attrition each time the top player in a team is killed? I don't know if I am being thick for asking. That sounds like too much if true.

Yes they are.

Oh ffs, of course not. You can also watch the dlc footage and de the+25 as exp

Don't understand the lack of weapon balancing in the new patch.

Currently 6 more wins from Gen 9 and I've been running the carbine out of impatience to get this over with and it's hilarious how easily it outperforms everything else in this game.

Unless you're fighting against a CAR/fellow carbine user or someone running a gun with one shot potential you're going to win.

And on the opposite side of the spectrum you have guns that require way more work and skill like the GA24 or Hemlok that struggle to kill shit that isn't standing still at midrange.

Honestly, you can tell these where the same guys who made the Modern Warfare game's M16/ACR notorious...

Yup.

I use the sub machine guns purely for variety, but I absolutely know the entire time that the Carbine is the best gun all around. It's got big range, low recoil, and enough power to deal with most situations. Nothing else offers that total package.

The sub machine guns have very limited range, and the other rifles fire too slow and aren't as accurate as you'd think they'd be long range.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I think the game will be fine without a matchmaking update

lol

This happens a lot on PC. Either the player base is really small or the matchmaking really is that bad. Either way it's frustrating and very disappointing in a game that is very fun to play otherwise.

FYI my XB1 bros. I asked Drew Mccoy (the producer of the game) whether we should give up on the the performance improvements. Here is how it went.

Me - should we give up hope on a performance patch for XB1? What's become of the March statement about a resolution bump?

Drew - There's already been some improvement, coming in this patch. More to come! Its hard, delicate work.

Me - Cool. Thanks. Only asking because Richard Baker suggested a 900p or 1080p resolution bump was coming.

Drew - The goal is the highest resolution our performance allows. If that means we can bump it, we will! :)

Me - yeah,thats what I always figured, but Bakers use of the word "likely" was probably not good idea. Less tearing the better

So yeah, it sounds like they're still working on it, which is great, but you certainly don't get the impression major changes are likely, which is what Richard Baker (Titanfall programmer) suggested in a Digital Foundry interview just a couple months ago. Even if big improvements are coming, they're certainly not imminent. Probably best to assume nothing is coming, and be thrilled if it ever happens. :/

Mafro

Yup.

I use the sub machine guns purely for variety, but I absolutely know the entire time that the Carbine is the best gun all around. It's got big range, low recoil, and enough power to deal with most situations. Nothing else offers that total package.

The sub machine guns have very limited range, and the other rifles fire too slow and aren't as accurate as you'd think they'd be long range.
Has the carbine been nerfed in a previous patch or anything like that? I only got an Xbox One with the game just under a month ago and it feels really overpowered as is, especially over long range. The same can probably be said for the first SMG as well to some degree.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Has the carbine been nerfed in a previous patch or anything like that? I only got an Xbox One with the game just under a month ago and it feels really overpowered as is, especially over long range. The same can probably be said for the first SMG as well to some degree.
So far as I know it really hasn't been touched, and it is still sort of far and away the best weapon. I don't really like it at all, but using it I always wind up with a solid k/d even playing riskier than I would with other weapons. By the first SMG you mean the R-97 though? Totally disagree about that, the CAR is better and with the Counterweight is legitimately awesome.

FYI my XB1 bros. I asked Drew Mccoy (the producer of the game) whether we should give up on the the performance improvements. Here is how it went.

Me - should we give up hope on a performance patch for XB1? What's become of the March statement about a resolution bump?

Drew - There's already been some improvement, coming in this patch. More to come! Its hard, delicate work.

Me - Cool. Thanks. Only asking because Richard Baker suggested a 900p or 1080p resolution bump was coming.

Drew - The goal is the highest resolution our performance allows. If that means we can bump it, we will! :)

Me - yeah,thats what I always figured, but Bakers use of the word "likely" was probably not good idea. Less tearing the better

So yeah, it sounds like they're still working on it, which is great, but you certainly don't get the impression major changes are likely, which is what Richard Baker (Titanfall programmer) suggested in a Digital Foundry interview just a couple months ago. Even if big improvements are coming, they're certainly not imminent. Probably best to assume nothing is coming, and be thrilled if it ever happens. :/
Good to hear it's still in the works. A bit disappointed we didn't see this patch.

pixelated

Been wondering if game crashes counts as a "leave"

"You also now receive a loss if you leave a match before a winner is determined. Previously you received neither a win nor a loss if you quit before the post-game scoreboard."

Been wondering if game crashes counts as a "leave"

"You also now receive a loss if you leave a match before a winner is determined. Previously you received neither a win nor a loss if you quit before the post-game scoreboard."

Probably will with our luck.

From my experience, Gen 3 isn't too bad. Think I prefer the charging plasma rifle opposed to the instant shot when taking on Titans, but I'm having a good time taking on Pilots. Could use another round or two in the magazine though given how nearly everything else outperforms it 1-1.

Been also practicing Gooser with it (may as well try for 'Pull Harder'), and I can never get the lead right with it.

Haha holy shit, was on the verge of hulking out earlier. Finally hit Gen 9 after a winning streak of like 30 games, the majority of which where straight beatdowns. So I was feeling more than a little invincible.

Tried to hit the ground running on these final set of challenges so I start using the Ghost Squad cards I had been hoarding all of Gen 8 and...I choked at the beginning of the match. Every. Fucking. Time.

Two GSs down the drain without a single kill, to not very good players because I was playing dumb. Sigh. Also I hate that all vortex shield is the tactical ability on the default Titan classes. That shit blows.

dankir

Arc cannon great for killing pilots, killing Titans.... JEESUS! I need to unlock the mod for it so I can get the unlock everything achievement.

Killing an enemy Titan takes so freaking long. I must of played 20 - 30 matches today and only got about 7 - 8 Titan kills with it. Why does it take so long to charge :(

Arc cannon great for killing pilots, killing Titans.... JEESUS! I need to unlock the mod for it so I can get the unlock everything achievement.

Killing an enemy Titan takes so freaking long. I must of played 20 - 30 matches today and only got about 7 - 8 Titan kills with it. Why does it take so long to charge :(

I've come to hate the arc cannon when using the PR. Infinite clip, can fire off a shot almost whenever they please, and they don't even have to shoot you directly to cause a lot of damage.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Anyone on Xbone having a really weird framerate/connection problem all of a sudden? Its like everyone around me is moving fine... but when I move there is insane stuttering. Its not even playable. Battlefield works fine so I don't think its on my end...

I've tried it off an on for a few hours... been doing it for a while. weird.

Anyone one Xbone having a really weird framerate/connection problem all of a sudden? Its like everyone around me is moving fine... but when I move there is insane stuttering. Its not even playable. Battlefield works fine so I don't think its on my end...

Yeah I jumped on yesterday for the first time in a few days and it was exactly as you described it, it was unplayable. I am playing on the makeshift servers in Australia though so I'm not sure.

Rayme

Anyone one Xbone having a really weird framerate/connection problem all of a sudden? Its like everyone around me is moving fine... but when I move there is insane stuttering. Its not even playable. Battlefield works fine so I don't think its on my end...

Try force-quitting Titanfall (hit Start on the home screen and choose Quit), and re-launching.

If that doesn't work, try power-cycling the entire console (hold the power down for ~8 seconds, then pull the power cord just to be sure).

If either of those clear it up for you, I'd love to know.
(Or maybe it's already gone away since you launched BF4, which implicitly quits out of Titanfall.)

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Try force-quitting Titanfall (hit Start on the home screen and choose Quit), and re-launching.

If that doesn't work, try power-cycling the entire console (hold the power down for ~8 seconds, then pull the power cord just to be sure).

If either of those clear it up for you, I'd love to know.
(Or maybe it's already gone away since you launched BF4, which implicitly quits out of Titanfall.)

I've tried the force quitting a couple times and no luck. Let me try to power cycling. Today is the first time I've experienced this (But I haven't played in about a week)

Edit - Hey that actually worked! Thanks man.

HelloMeow

I'm going to make a compilation of all of the hack accusations I get thrown at me. Should be interesting. They keep getting weirder and weirder lately.

Rayme

Edit - Hey that actually worked! Thanks man.

Awesome, that's good news. =)

...I wish I'd begged you for a video first though, d'oh. If anyone gets this (where force-quitting the game doesn't fix it but power-cycling does), I'd love to see a video of the problem in action.

Awesome, that's good news. =)

...I wish I'd begged you for a video first though, d'oh. If anyone gets this (where force-quitting the game doesn't fix it but power-cycling does), I'd love to see a video of the problem in action.

Hey man, any word on those nvidia gameworks updates for the PC version?

Izuna

Banned
Lost my first match in a few weeks. Still was MVP and the score was 291 vs. 300... But I had died 20 times because the connection froze throughout the match. Never experienced lag like that before... Next match, no lag, and all of the Gen 8s on the other team leave the party half way in haha.

The carbine is solid all around and I suppose you could consider it the most effective weapon.
I wouldn't say the R97 is the same, it actually recoils.

BIGWORM

Blah, this Railgun challenge on G3...

I wish DMT kit unlocked sooner so the satchel charge kills would be easier. Lots of camping points with my cloak/shotgun in the near future. =/

I wish DMT kit unlocked sooner so the satchel charge kills would be easier. Lots of camping points with my cloak/shotgun in the near future. =/

It wasn't that bad with the satchel charge challenge. Think I only had one or two kills total due to DMT, but the rest was generally keeping mobile and getting the drop on folks.

Coconut

Banned

It goes by fast. If you pay attention you'll get good at this stuff fast.

Now at Gen 5. Even with the nerf, I feel as though it's going to take me a long time to get the 5 gooser kills. My gooser kills for my total play time is only 11.

TrueGrime

At Gen 6 now and the Railgun is the worst fucking challenge thus far. Satchels shouldn't be too hard. Just lob them at people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom