• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueGrime

Now at Gen 5. Even with the nerf, I feel as though it's going to take me a long time to get the 5 gooser kills. My gooser kills for my total play time is only 11.

Arc cannon will make this challenge easy. One shot with little more than half a change will pluck a pilot out of the sky. Not to mention you need to be using the Arc Cannon anyway.

TrueGrime

Thanks. I'll definitely give that a go. Does the Capacitor make the Arc Canon any better? Really not liking that weapon except for picking off grunts.

I did it without the capacitor. One, picking off pilots and NPC's with it sucks because of the charge time. Two, if you get into a fight with more than one titan you're going to lose. Too much charge time isn't a good trade off for the damage. Just depends on your style though.

I did it without the capacitor. One, picking off pilots and NPC's with it sucks because of the charge time. Two, if you get into a fight with more than one titan you're going to lose. Too much charge time isn't a good trade off for the damage. Just depends on your style though.

Good input. Thanks.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Got all Gen 7 challenges except freshly squeezed, haven't touched it because stryder + chaingun kinda sucks. Gonna dust off the quad rocket and get this shit done :) Gen 8 and your ugly ass badge here I come!

Got all Gen 7 challenges except freshly squeezed, haven't touched it because stryder + chaingun kinda sucks. Gonna dust off the quad rocket and get this shit done :) Gen 8 and your ugly ass badge here I come!

What!! Stryder + chaingun is my main loadout. I also get a ton of stryder executions cause I can easily dash + melee into other titans from a bigger distance with faster recovery that the titan punch.

Izuna

Banned
I hate how vanilla quads spin. I like rapid fire because they are more accurate and better against pilots. But we can at least agree that quads go better with stryder than the chaingun :)

IMO the Stryder should have the arc cannon or triple threat. There is no reason picking a Stryder unless you plan on attacking the ground units primarily or CTF etc.

Every other weapon benefits a lot from the damage core (especially the 40mm)

IMO Capacitor is completely useless unless you are for sold reason playing as LTS worth it. The OHKO and range of the normal arc cannon is enough as is. Capacitor only really add the ability to hold a charge.

I think I've discovered the secret for all Titan weapons. The best ones are the ones I'm not using. And if I start using it, I suck with it, and start getting slaughtered coincidentally by people using the Titan weapon I just switched from. I think someone is playing a sick joke on me....

MaGlock

New maps tomorrow fuck yeah. Probably won't play then till the weekend but more maps is always a good thing. Less chance of getting overlook ?(?) Is a great thing

Daigoro

so do controller users recommend Bumper Jumper full stop?

I tried it out for the first time (think I might have tried it in Halo once upon a time, but switched back quickly), but it's going to be a bitch to get used to. I came up MVP, but that was only because I PTFO in hardpoint and somehow came out positive k/d. im sure that trend wont last if I try to get over the re-learning curve for Bumper Jumper.

feels real assbackwards, but I only played one round with it. do people feel that it's really worth sticking with? not sure ill be able to get used to it after so many years of standard FPS setup on controller...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
WooHoo! Just got my season pass all boughted up. So can we preload this?

Daigoro

"Bumper Jumper Pilot", imo. Switches the buttons only for pilots, leaves them alone for titans.

yeah, that's the one im using. wanted to stick as close to standard layout as possible, figured that'd make adjusting easier.

I use Evolved myself. Couple of the QA guys here at Respawn showed me some of the trickier jumps that is easier to do with Evolved.

what's the difference again? I looked at it, but decided against it at the time.

Izuna

Banned
"Bumper Jumper Pilot", imo. Switches the buttons only for pilots, leaves them alone for titans.

I honestly don't understand why people use it. I simply Claw and I can hit everything. Titanfall quite a lot like playing Unreal Championship 2 or Halo Reach with the number of buttons you need to have access to at once, especially with the Titan.

Oh I am so close to picking up the Titanfall controller and Headset however... Beautiful things.

Really stupid question but how do you change the fire angle on the triple threat from horizontal to vertical on Xbox One?

i've forgotten and button mashing has so far proved fruitless.

how so? im not understanding.

Crouching while wall-running makes you drop off the wall without the extra speed jumping off the wall gives you. Using this and your mid-air jump together lets you wall-run around corners easier, as opposed to jumping off the wall and trying to jump back to make the corner.

Izuna

Banned
new patch online in europa. updating now

I am in Hype mode right now.

4efyi1j.jpg

There has to be a way to correct this, right? I keep getting hacker mai because of it. I know this isn't anything to do with Respawn but how the Achievement tracking works, but stil...

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The only time I will 'claw' it is if a game has such poor controller options as to make it the only way. Titanfall has some decent options, so Bumper Jumper Pilot it is for me.

IMO when you claw you both loath yourself and the game you play.

As for ease of getting used to it? C'mon, if you run around bumper jumping for 15 minutes, your brain will have adjusted.

Izuna

Banned
Okay, I just got booted for inactivity coming up with a name for my Loadout when using Smartglass. =(

The only time I will 'claw' it is if a game has such poor controller options as to make it the only way. Titanfall has some decent options, so Bumper Jumper Pilot it is for me.

As for ease of getting used to it? C'mon, if you run around bumper jumping for 15 minutes, your brain will have adjusted.

Well it's not just FPS though, I 'claw' in almost every game including something like Ninja Gaiden to look around while fighting or to use menus while running in an action-RPG. I always just thought claw was good investment to get used to, but I suppose, nothing wrong with using Bumper Jumper. Such a control scheme would have been bad on standard 360 controllers though because the left bumper tends to become unresponsive faster than any other.

Daigoro

yeah guys, if you claw you hate yourself and if you cant get used to bumper jumper in one game you're an idiot.

sheesh!

Novak

Any hint how to get that achivement for 10 kills of pilots who are ejecting from titans?
I am almost gen3 and not a single kill.

Should I do it as pilot or in titan? Chaingun?

Izuna

Banned
Any hint how to get that achivement for 10 kills of pilots who are ejecting from titans?
I am almost gen3 and not a single kill.

Should I do it as pilot or in titan? Chaingun?

Always as a Titan. It can be done as a Pilot but you have to climb up high and give yourself away. The Chaingun is the most consistent (with Extended not Accelerator) and the Arc Cannon is the easiest (don't use Capacitor).

yeah guys, if you claw you hate yourself and if you cant get used to bumper jumper in one game you're an idiot.

sheesh!

Are you suggestings that claw is uncomfortable? All it does is curve up the index finger a little. It is far more uncomfortable over long periods of time to use a thumb to hit buttons... When I use my thumb I use the extensor tendon, actually pressing with your "print" will cause issues after hours.

--

Does anyone want to play with me to find out what Very High Minion Lethality is like? I like the idea of having really hard Spectres only in a 1v1 Pilot Hunter.

Ooooh no Titan CTF mode!

I really wish Titanfall had Split Screen.

EDIT again: This update is amazing. I am so happy with all of the changes from the Loadouts to the Scoreboard.

Daigoro

Always as a Titan. It can be done as a Pilot but you have to climb up high and give yourself away. The Chaingun is the most consistent (with Extended not Accelerator) and the Arc Cannon is the easiest (don't use Capacitor).

Are you suggestings that claw is uncomfortable? All it does is curve up the index finger a little. It is far more uncomfortable over long periods of time to use a thumb to hit buttons... When I use my thumb I use the extensor tendon, actually pressing with your "print" will cause issues after hours.

--

Does anyone want to play with me to find out what Very High Minion Lethality is like? I like the idea of having really hard Spectres only in a 1v1 Pilot Hunter.

Ooooh no Titan CTF mode!

I really wish Titanfall had Split Screen.

EDIT again: This update is amazing. I am so happy with all of the changes from the Loadouts to the Scoreboard.

i was being sarcastic in response to the post i quoted.

im about to hop on now, just got the update. send me an invite if you're still around, gt: Daigoro

im going to try out some more bumper jumper though. we'll see how that goes.

Whoooo getting through Gen 9. That stupid deadly apparition challenge was getting on my nerves for some reason. Seems like half of my often 40+ grunt kills a game with the smart pistol/explosives weren't registering. It wasn't until the last 30 kills or so that I found out just jump kicking minions is the most consistent thing you can do to finish that challenge.

The crit hits with the railgun wasn't very fun either but it only took one night to finish thankfully. I think the instant shot was best for me during that. Standard RG allows you to get crit hits through shields if you charge it all the way but I think this made me take too long to aim as I would try to be a perfectionist and wait for sure hits lol. Luckily the ogre is a bullet sponge.

Anyone got recommendations on the Death From Above challenge? That one seems to be progressing the most slowly for me. I'm running satchels, and nuclear ejection but outside of purposefully destroying my Titan near a pack of minions I can't seem to manage more than one or two kills a match. Very few people are dumb enough to stick around close to you anymore, especially after the first time they see you go nuclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom