• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Anyone got recommendations on the Death From Above challenge? That one seems to be progressing the most slowly for me. I'm running satchels, and nuclear ejection but outside of purposefully destroying my Titan near a pack of minions I can't seem to manage more than one or two kills a match. Very few people are dumb enough to stick around close to you anymore, especially after the first time they see you go nuclear.

Ew. Use Arc Grenades. Remember though, Arc Grenades don't wait until they hit the ground before they detonate, so only throw them when you are closer to the ground and save your double jump until then.

Also, unless you're using Ghost Squad only your first shot cloaked counts. After your first shot you are no longer cloaked.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Yeah I preferred Arc Grenades for Death from Above. Also I would save my jump for just before I landed, and used Smart Pistol to lock-on kill any minions that I missed with my Arc Grenades.

Not gonna lie, I'd also nuclear eject from my brand new titan as soon as I hopped in it if I happened to see a nice juicy group of minions.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah I preferred Arc Grenades for Death from Above. Also I would save my jump for just before I landed, and used Smart Pistol to lock-on kill any minions that I missed with my Arc Grenades.

Not gonna lie, I'd also nuclear eject from my brand new titan as soon as I hopped in it if I happened to see a nice juicy group of minions.

It is actually a good idea if you see a large pack because you can shave off a whole minute and a half off of your next Titan. I do this on purpose sometimes instead of killing them normally in my Titan if it has low health.

Player generation 14??? Izu you hacker!

So there are leaderboards with the new patch??

No, this is the Achievements App that tries to track progress from another app (game) for some reason it gets it wrong and duplicate's the progress, so some achievements unless early.

The patch is up for XB1, but are the maps? I didn't see them this morning when I checked.

It's great having the ability to finally see which campaign maps you've won on. I can finally get the achievement for each side, as I was one win away on both. However, the matchmaking being like it is makes it a real chore. You have to pick the map you want, and then hope you're on the team you need to be on, and then you have to hope that the matchmaking actually makes the teams somewhat fair.

After 5 minutes of trying I got into a match on the side I needed, on the map I wanted, and we lost. Then I tried for another 5-7 minutes, and had to settle for the map before the one I needed, and we did end up winning the match.

Well, the regular mode options are already dead with everyone in the Expedition variety pack lobby (XBO). Let you all know how I feel about Runoff after the match.

Edit: So, Runoff is a cooridor shooters wet dream. Basically a series of connected, multilevel structures with some tiny outlying ones in the starting areas. The waterways span around and through the map, but don't have much use in Attrition/Pilot Hunter as all the action is in the center of the map within and around the buildings. Extraction point is on the middle bridge.

Edit 2: Swampland is...interesting. Map that will take the longest to 'master'. Hardpoints extremely susceptible to Titans. Moving through trees will be difficult initially.

Daigoro

anyone having issues with titan rodeo today?

i keep having issues dismounting, and i wasnt doing any damage while rodeoing several times as well.

All morning, I've gotten "Error: Failed to connect to XBox Live Multiplayer Permissions. Check your internet connection." and I cant get rid of it.

My internet is fine, just played two games of COD Ghost. Any ideas? Can't seem to find this issue anywhere.

The patch is up for XB1, but are the maps? I didn't see them this morning when I checked.

It's great having the ability to finally see which campaign maps you've won on. I can finally get the achievement for each side, as I was one win away on both. However, the matchmaking being like it is makes it a real chore. You have to pick the map you want, and then hope you're on the team you need to be on, and then you have to hope that the matchmaking actually makes the teams somewhat fair.

After 5 minutes of trying I got into a match on the side I needed, on the map I wanted, and we lost. Then I tried for another 5-7 minutes, and had to settle for the map before the one I needed, and we did end up winning the match.
Notice any performance improvements?

Played the last of the three maps, War Games. Really small. Got steamrolled in LTS (seriously, maybe only one Titan death from the entire other team the whole match : / ), but seemed like a good map overall. Some tricky bottomless pits that could be useful against Titans or pilots who panic easy from explosive indicators.

Overall, I like these maps. Very different from the others.

Other impressions are here:

Well, the regular mode options are already dead with everyone in the Expedition variety pack lobby (XBO). Let you all know how I feel about Runoff after the match.

Edit: So, Runoff is a cooridor shooters wet dream. Basically a series of connected, multilevel structures with some tiny outlying ones in the starting areas. The waterways span around and through the map, but don't have much use in Attrition/Pilot Hunter as all the action is in the center of the map within and around the buildings. Extraction point is on the middle bridge. A lot of sniping opportunities despite the close quarters. Feels nothing like Demeter.

Edit 2: Swampland is...interesting. Map that will take the longest to 'master'. Hardpoints extremely susceptible to Titans. Moving through trees will be difficult initially.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh wow, the DLC is out? neat. Don't even have a handle on all the original maps yet, but I just hit 50 in Gen 1 last night before bed, and I have eked out a k/d of 1.0 as well as of the match that got me there. This stuff is nowhere near a big deal for most in this thread, but it is by a huge margin the farthest I've ever gone in a "progression-based" FPS and I'm performing well enough that I feel like an asset on teams. I'm never going to be "so pro" at an FPS again in my life, that ship has sailed, but it's a testament to this game's design that I can have so much fun with it nonetheless.
You just ruined it, AS. No mod for the quad. It's so damn weak.
Extended magazine?

I'm not sure how I feel about the rapid fire. It doesn't function as I expected it to at all. and feels like a weaker sidewinder to me. Scoring all four focket hits on a single titan is incredibly satisfying.
so do controller users recommend Bumper Jumper full stop?
Bumper Jumper Pilot, or Evolved (my choice) if you came from Halo. Having played Mirror's Edge helps a lot :p

TrueGrime

Extended magazine?

I'm not sure how I feel about the rapid fire. It doesn't function as I expected it to at all. and feels like a weaker sidewinder to me. Scoring all four focket hits on a single titan is incredibly satisfying.

People like it. I don't. It's very weak. Especially when you're up against a titan using the chaingun extended mag or accelerator. Quad rocket by itself is powerful enough. Just gotta' keep a good distance or you will splash damage yourself.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty shit having to play variety just to try the new maps, guess there was no other way of doing it though.

Thats soooooo ghetto. What.
In halo they used to make a nice little playlist for all the mapbuyers.

Gave each map a go. War Games has an awesome loading thing that I really like and it looks really cool. The mix of digital and real zones on the map are cool. Lots of nice wall running areas.

Not sure about Runoff because it was a Last TItan Standing match, but it was fun.

Swampland though, oh man. The one game of Swampland I played was easily one of the most fun games of Titanfall I've had. It is so, so good.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this is a hefty update. A gig for titanfall and 2.5 for the dlc. :eek:

Jito

Banned
Doesn't look like any improvements were made to matchmaking in the update, currently in a team as the only regen player against a team full of regen players. Also text chat still carries over from game to lobby to another new lobby, thought that was a bug?

Edit: Screen tearing is still insanely bad both with vsync on and off, No idea how that works? Just seemed to be on swampland so matches up with maps with water on running like shit (see lagoon). EditEdit: Had to force vsync through nvidia injector again.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
My Origin ID is VelociaLume

Lets get a party going! I'm still like a half hour from playing probably. I gotta do some morning related stuff such as water the plants before the sun catches them on fire.

My Origin ID is VelociaLume

Lets get a party going! I'm still like a half hour from playing probably. I gotta do some morning related stuff such as water the plants before the sun catches them on fire.

I've sent you a request: my ID is CyanideFuse

I am still downloading the maps on my carrier pigeon internet.

Jito

Banned
All I'm getting is LTS on Runoff...

Maps great an all but I'd like to try some other modes on them.

Swampland is just seriously fucked for me, massive screen tearing everywhere.

Jito

Banned
God damn does pilot hunter suck balls.

Edit: hahaha holy shit the game still crashes when tabbing in and out loads, fuck this shit I'm going back on DS2.

Special C

So how are the new playlists organized? Did they change Variety pack to only DLC or did they just add a DLC variety pack. I'd like to have the option of going back to regular VP when I get tired of playing the same 3 maps over and over.

Are there any playlists with old and new maps together?

Jito

Banned
There's a new variety DLC playlist as well as all the original playlists. I've not tried the old ones yet to see if the new maps come up at all.

Jumping back into Titan Fall tonight after a moderate hiatus away from the game for the new maps. Hoping to get some friends together, but not sure when they're coming and going and a full party is always best.

If you're on Xbox One, are getting the maps, are friendly, looking for people to play with (and don't mind lots and lots of sarcasm), shoot me a DM with your gametag.

I don't really care about K/D or Gen, but if you do, I'm a Gen 3 (with no intention of completing the rail gun challenges), and I have a lifetime K/D of 1.7.

West coast people work best since I'm in Vancouver.

Jito

Banned
Matchmaking still continues to ruin the game for me, currently having trouble getting a full lobby on the new maps playlist on PC lol Must be hardly anyone playing. Game will be a ghost town by the time the second DLC hits.

Also why the hell do matches still start without enough players, pretty sure a dev spoke on here saying that was an issue they were fixing, I guess not!

Jito

Banned
Really Respawn?

Like it takes the 2 months to release unlocked PC framerate and when they do it breaks the game, how do developers never test their games before releasing a patch? It's BF4 all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom