• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roflobear

So I just noticed you can no longer carry the flag in your titan on ctf. I did not read that change in the patch notes is this new? I don't play ctf much.

I think you can still ride on a friendly Titan so being able to coordinate that now should be really important. Other than that I guess it's nice you have to know the best parkour routes on each map (I think Rise is the easiest). I hope CTF doesn't turn into a bunch of titans camping the flag spot against pilots though

TrueGrime

Really Respawn?

Like it takes the 2 months to release unlocked PC framerate and when they do it breaks the game, how do developers never test their games before releasing a patch? It's BF4 all over again.

Titanfall - Smart Pistol Instant Lock-On Glitch
Titanfall: INSTANT LOCK ON BUG - Game Update 3 (With Framerate Counter)

Lock-on speed is tied to the game's frame rate, so now people who play more than 60fps will be able to lock much faster.

It's 2.4 times faster for people who run the game on 144 fps.

too late :(

Well this is just fucking ridiculous.

Bet that cap is going to go right back up.

Daigoro

pissed that you cant carry flags in titans anymore. and they neglected to mention it in the patch notes from what i saw. boo!

also, got stuck rodeoing titans all day long. happened to me about six times. i could not hop off for shit. so frustrating. hopefully a hard reset fixes it, as it wasnt happening to anyone else.

new maps are nice! way too segregated though. and yeah, the tree map is a tearing nightmare. fuck. jumping from tree to tree and running around the trees during parkour is great,

Tree jumping is awesome. Also, does it seem like the game just got a small performance boost to anyone else?

pissed that you cant carry flags in titans anymore. and they neglected to mention it in the patch notes from what i saw. boo!

also, got stuck rodeoing titans all day long. happened to me about six times. i could not hop off for shit. so frustrating. hopefully a hard reset fixes it, as it wasnt happening to anyone else.

new maps are nice! way too segregated though. and yeah, the tree map is a tearing nightmare. fuck. jumping from tree to tree and running around the trees during parkour is great,

It's a good change since Titan capping was waaaay too easy.

The Cowboy

Really Respawn?

Like it takes the 2 months to release unlocked PC framerate and when they do it breaks the game, how do developers never test their games before releasing a patch? It's BF4 all over again.
Ohh god - this is so silly you can't help but laugh (due to how long it took to be added and for it to be basically game breaking),

Hip Hop

God damn does pilot hunter suck balls.

Edit: hahaha holy shit the game still crashes when tabbing in and out loads, fuck this shit I'm going back on DS2.

Best mode in the game and the reason why I stopped playing, the playlist doesn't work.

Definitely takes more "skill" than Attrition as AI kills don't count, not just anyone can barge in and play. That's why I enjoy it more.
I guess I have to go in and try the unlocked framerate now.

EDIT: Wow at the broken auto lock patch.
Guess I still won't be going back in.

Daigoro

slowly getting used to bumper jumper pilot. feels good! just gotta shake the old muscle memory. still revert back to A to jump when im under pressure sometimes.

gonna suck going back to other fps games after i finally get used to it though... :p

Tree jumping is awesome. Also, does it seem like the game just got a small performance boost to anyone else?

It's a good change since Titan capping was waaaay too easy.

i happen to like the way it was and thought the balance was fine. whats too easy for one side is just the same for the other.

Jito

Banned
Sucks that they didn't really add any achievements with this, $9.99 seems pricey for literally 3 maps...

Yeh and none of the maps have been added to the campaign either. Seems kinda thin on the ground for a map pack compared to BF and COD these days.

infe|2no

Neo Member
Forgot to buy credit for my account then I need to wait the weekend :(

I really want to try "Swampland", it seems really cool to "tree jump"

and apparently the map has 3 levels (tree, ground, basement) not sure about that but it is what the gameplay video suggest.

Izuna

Banned
Just got off work early! Maps should have downloaded while I was away. I will pay the variety preach for a little while before going right back to attrition unless I have a team.

I can play EU and East US - Perfect Izuna

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
People like it. I don't. It's very weak. Especially when you're up against a titan using the chaingun extended mag or accelerator. Quad rocket by itself is powerful enough. Just gotta' keep a good distance or you will splash damage yourself.
Extended magazine weakens the shots..?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
WOW, that framerate/lock-on bug. The way that is functioning is the way I feel like people complaining about the smart pistol imagined it worked before, but now it's real. Will not be touching the game until that is fixed.

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
So, just picked this up on 360 (haven't joined next-gen yet) with the $40 walmart deal. The game feels pretty janky to be honest. Feels like a mixture of lag and screen tearing. I noticed there is also no option to install the game, which I was hoping would improve the performance a bit.
What have other people's experiences been on the 360? I had heard it was a solid port, but my (brief) experience last night would suggest otherwise.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Swampland is some next level shit. I really enjoyed the other two as well.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Swampland and War Games are sexy. Runoff is a bit shit.

And oh man, that skybox in War Games is perfect for hunting geese. Sweet jesus! Love it. And the sim death effect.

Very disappointing to hear about the smart pistol issue with the update. For those that have played since the update, does it seem like a lot of people are using it?

I was looking forward to jumping on tonight and checking out the new maps.

Roflobear

It's kinda funny how my outlook on getting put on a bad team has changed from Gen 8 to Gen 9. Before I'd be bummed since it meant I probably wasn't gonna win. Now it's kind of an easy opportunity to place first on your team

Also is anyone else on Xbox having trouble accessing the DLC maps? It keeps telling me I don't own them even though I do

Considering this is by and large the team that released MW2 with the Akimbo 1887s the way they were at launch, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing actually got tested.

Mechazawa

Very disappointing to hear about the smart pistol issue with the update. For those that have played since the update, does it seem like a lot of people are using it?

I was looking forward to jumping on tonight and checking out the new maps.

With the kind of weird performance this game has on PC, it wouldn't surprise me if most people aren't actually capable of going much higher than 60.

I only pulled one match today, but I didn't see any funny business.

Hilariously stupid glitch, though.

How much is the map pack? 25 bucks for the season pass seems pretty hefty.

Any new achievements?

No new achievements. I find it really annoying when developers don't add them when they easily could have.

So, just picked this up on 360 (haven't joined next-gen yet) with the $40 walmart deal. The game feels pretty janky to be honest. Feels like a mixture of lag and screen tearing. I noticed there is also no option to install the game, which I was hoping would improve the performance a bit.
What have other people's experiences been on the 360? I had heard it was a solid port, but my (brief) experience last night would suggest otherwise.

Some people went out of their way to put the 360 version on a pedestal in an effort to talk down the XB1 version. I'm assuming you heard a lot of that chatter.

TrueGrime

I gotcha, so do you use Extended Magazine? You said "no mod for quad rocket," I was wondering if there was actually some benefit to that

If I use the chaingun I definitely use extended mag. If I use the quad rocket, it's the stock quad. Some people like mashing down the button but it's not worth it to shoot one rocket at a time in my opinion. Probably good for pilots and NPC fodder though. Less of a reload too.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
was this a surprise launch? i've seen media and trailers for this dlc, but must have missed the date. utterly shocked when i saw the store activated and it now available.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Fucking figures I had to work late when this drops. I took yesterday off to run some personal errands like an idiot, I should have done that today! Anywho this bitch is installed and after I get a shower I'm gonna dive in.

Baconmonk

PC here. Anyone else getting severe stuttering with the new maps? The in-game framerate says it is at 60, but it is obviously dropping sub-30 at times. Even stranger is that my 770 chewed up the vanilla maps just fine, with the rare drop to 55-60 when a bunch of titans were going nuts.

I will try to experiment with the video settings more, but the readout of 60fps really confuses me.

Aside from the technical issues the new maps themselves are great! I love wall running around trees, and the higher vantage points and ziplines play well to the verticality of the level.

was this a surprise launch? i've seen media and trailers for this dlc, but must have missed the date. utterly shocked when i saw the store activated and it now available.

It was listed on GameStop when the final trailer came out, and I do believe they put the official date of release on Twitter yesterday. They also handled the launch of it a bit odd. For a little bit you could only find it on the store link on the main menu.

But yeah, it was weird how close to the chest they played it. Never understood why everything has to be a secret in this industry. Was actually a bit nice to see Far Cry 4 be announced with a date, regardless of the lack of interest I have in it.

The time away from the game today sort of has me a bit reluctant to go back into it despite the new maps. They seemed fine (not fond of LTS on them, but then again I just regened so I don't have my usual load out), but a lot of other games are calling to me that I want to get through before I build my PC and open up that backlog.

Who am I kidding, I'll probably be giving it another go as long as the community looks healthier than it did earlier today.

Izuna

Banned
Okay so, I was ready to type a bunch of hype about the new maps, but tbh... Despite this game only being 2 months old, the older maps have not gotten "old". Titanfall is fucking awesome. More maps doesn't change a thing. They are awesome, but so are the others.

What was awesome were the updates. CTF is now playable and fun. When a whole party is raging but in a close and fair game, that adrenaline rush to have another go...

Anyway I am very happy with the Private Match updates also. Played around with a fellow Gaffer and it really shows how great Titanfall's single player would be if it existed. Keep up the good work!

TrueGrime

Love all the new maps. Holy shit that swamp map is amazing. So much vertical play. Someone dropped a satchel charge on me from like 100 feet up and I wasn't even mad.

tumblr_lpq5n4QC081qfwshko1_500.gif

Also, my whole damn friends list in playing TF.

Ohmahgerd, I can post in here now!

I knew that Swampland was going to be my favorite map before I even got my hands on it (I love jungle levels), but tree hopping across the entire map is so much fun that I ended up doing so for a couple minutes straight the first time I loaded it up, much to the dismay of my objective-oriented teammates.
Wargames and Runoff didn't stand out to me in the same way Swampland did (except for the intro to Wargames; Respawn should make more map-unique intros!), but they're still great maps that fit right into the original 15 map lineup.

Has anyone encountered any of the new maps in any of the playlists other than the Expedition Variety one?
I ran into Wargames once when playing Attrition after I got sick of playing Pilot Hunter + LTS over and over in the variety playlist. According to Respawn, they should also be in Hardpoint. My big question is how the game deals with the have/have-nots in Attrition/Hardpoint; mainly, can a person without the DLC get thrown into a lobby where everyone else has it, thus binding everyone in that lobby to the base 15 maps? If so, are the DLC owners subsequently aware that no DLC maps will come up in that lobby's rotation? I'd expect that the Attrition/Hardpoint playlists aren't distinguishing between the two groups, but I haven't seen anything definitive.

Roflobear

If anyone else has had trouble getting the DLC to work on Xbox, try going to the Xbox's main menu, press start on the Titanfall icon, select "Quit," then relaunch the game. Finally got the game to recognize the DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom