• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to pick it up for once...

HHKFzZD.png

Bloody hell, what.

So what's the verdict on the new maps? Worth it? Do they have their own playlist? (I'm on Xbox One)

Loving War Games and Swampland and Runoff is great for LTS and considering how bored I was getting of the game I think they are definitely worth it.

They have their own variety playlist so it's a mixture of game types on only the DLC maps.

Not really digging these new maps. I don't know if it's because I haven't played Titanfall in a month, or because I maybe just grew out of it, but I'm just not having as much fun as I used too.

Maybe also just be that I left off a month ago as a new-regen (Gen 4) and it's really frustrating playing without my Stim/ClusterMissle/Rest of my Classes.

TrueGrime

So what's the verdict on the new maps? Worth it? Do they have their own playlist? (I'm on Xbox One)

Definitely worth it. Pretty much my entire friends list was back on the back last night. It took seconds to find a game and they were good games. All the high gens were out playing last night. Most fun I've has since day 1.

Yeah, I haven't been able to find a CTF match in any reasonable amount of time after the first week or so of the game's release. What a bummer! CTF is an amazing mode in Titanfall, especially after the latest patch removed Titan flag carrying.
Also did the broken smartpistol bug fix come out yet?
Respawn said they were rolling out a fix for the "144Hz bug", but there were no updates to my installation when I logged on this morning.

Jito

Banned
It's like they didn't realise people stopped playing CTF because being able to carry a flag in a Titan is retarded, then the day after they finally fix it they remove the playlist haha. Can't make that shit up.

Still no patch on my end either even though those Twitter posts were hours ago, can't be bothered loading it up to check though!

Release a game on MS Platforms and PC.
Release companion app for everything but MS Platforms.
Yay :/

It's out for Windows Phones buddy.

But I've got to say this app isn't even worth the download. Holy shit. It's like an amatuer team was given this project on a tight budget. The layout, design, it's bad. Even worse, it basically does nothing if you're not connected to your console with the game running. I thought it would at least let me see my stats offline. Nope.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
You know what would be the perfect place to announce this was coming soon? A live stream. It's a shame the Titanfall people haven't done one of those. Oh wait, they just did, and they didn't say a god damn word about this thing. Good going guys.

Anyway, can't find it on my iPhone for some reason.

When you search "Titanfall" on the app store you have to scroll through quite a few stupid apps to get to it. It's there but it's buried.

Anyone on PC getting lots of "Reconnecting to Server" appearances. I get at least 1 or 2 every game for the last few days. Everyone seems to have good connections, including myself.

Jito

Banned
Just had another patch, CTF and Pilot hunter are now gone, hopefully the smartpistol bug is fixed as well.

Expedition Attriction is now a playlist.

Edit: Available on Windows Phone and Windows 8. Why not use Smartglass EA?

EA/respawn wanted to control the branding. It's a pretty shitty app and I don't like this trend of downloading an app for every game. I wish developers would just use the smart glass app.

On an unrelated note will this game ever get leaderboards and the ability to see your friends stats? Well respawn nailed the game play it's really disappointing to see how bare bones the rest of the game is.

TrueGrime

On an unrelated note will this game ever get leaderboards and the ability to see your friends stats? Well respawn nailed the game play it's really disappointing to see how bare bones the rest of the game is.

This is a double-edged sword for me. Sometimes I like to see the stats of the guys I'm playing with and against. On the flip side of that, I wouldn't want this to turn into a CoD-like stat fuck fest where all that anyone cares about is their K/D.

This is a double-edged sword for me. Sometimes I like to see the stats of the guys I'm playing with and against. On the flip side of that, I wouldn't want this to turn into a CoD-like stat fuck fest where all that anyone cares about is their K/D.

I watched the Respawn PAX panel and I'm pretty sure they said this is coming. I know exactly what you're talking about though TrueGrime. The moment you create those leaderboards you start encouraging some people to play a very specific way. I even see some of those people now, and the leaderboards don't even exist. It's only going to get worse once they do.

TrueGrime

I watched the Respawn PAX panel and I'm pretty sure they said this is coming. I know exactly what you're talking about though TrueGrime. The moment you create those leaderboards you start encouraging some people to play a very specific way. I even see some of those people now, and the leaderboards don't even exist. It's only going to get worse once they do.

Already put up with people short-changing matches for challenges, but we'll see how it goes.

Everything is coming to this game.... later this year..... when no one is playing any more.

The only way I'll get pulled off this if there's another multiplayer game I can put in hours on like I do with TF.

Jito

Banned
I guess you guys are right, even with the amount I bitch about the game I still love playing it and would do daily if I wasn't so into my single player games lately. Here's hoping the new modes and maps are as awesome as these ones.

antitrop

13,6 MB of update on PC.
What's that?

An update from the Respawn team:

"As of right now we're adding an Expedition Attrition playlist to PC and XboxOne. On PC, we're also removing CTF and Pilot Hunter playlists, though both modes will still be playable in Private Matches and Variety Pack. We'll continue to look at playlists and make changes as we go forward especially when releasing new maps and modes."

Thanks
Mathew Everett
EA Titanfall Community Manager
http://www.twitter.com/sledgehammer70

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/...ox-One-ONLY/m-p/2799502?sf26266965=1#U2799502

Hip Hop

They removed Pilot Hunter?

WTF? I regret buying this game.

I can't really blame them, the game isn't popular. But I really dislike being forced to play modes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They removed Pilot Hunter?

WTF? I regret buying this game.

I can't really blame them, the game isn't popular. But I really dislike being forced to play modes.
Well they didn't remove the mode, they removed the playlist. Variety Pack has always been the most fun for me anyway, keeps you changing up your playstyle and learning the maps while improving your core skills. :)

Did they fix the framerate/lock-on glitch yet or what? I am literally not touching the "play multiplayer" button until that's gone, even with the prospect of taking advantage of it myself.

Wow. The removal of CTF and Pilot Hunter playlists is not a good sign for that community. That's a clear indication the player base is really small. They need to do a great Origin sale or something to improve the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom