• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen much talk about TF's graphics and I do not understand the complaints. Respawn is a smaller team than a lot of the AAA devs out there. Not to mention they seemed to be more focused on building the game balance and maps than pushing the heavily modified source engine to high graphical resolutions. It's not crazy to think that it was either game play vs graphics in terms of which would take over. Instead of having a super pretty game with game play that falls short of its potential they went with game play as priority. I'm sure they could have done a even split of both but they choose to just make the most enjoyable fun game they could rather than focus on the graphics.

I'm honestly very happy that wee have a fun and amazing game rather than a boring pretty one like the many that have been released over the past couple of years.

This is all just my opinion of course, but I wish others would be glad that we have a great game to play and stop dwelling on the resolution. I'm sure if it was possible respawn would have given us 1080p fps but they clearly need more time to learn about their engine and the platforms they are developing for. Considering the foundation they have built we should have no problems in the sequel.

What time EST does the PC version unlock? It looks like I will be playing this Monday night judging be the countdown in Origin.

Navy Bean

What about this. Tell me if the drop shadow and contrast edits are working well enough.
13026037274_1034c413e5_o.png

Looks pretty sweet. And I love how the orange/white theme on this, the Titanfall controller, and the custom Titanfall Xbone units is all based on a couple stripes on one gun in the game. So deliciously random.

tehbible

this game will sell well solely due to the non-existent quality AAA games on next-gen consoles.

imo people will forget this game 3 months after release.

Kapow

Hey does anyone know the cheapest place to buy this game for pc? I was gonna get in on GMG but the voucher isn't working for it and 60 dollars is too steep for me at the moment.

Bsigg12

Hardlocked on the last Militia campaign mission so now I'll have to wait for more people to get on so I can finish that. Playing some variety pack now.

Hip Hop

I think the best deal out for Titanfall is up on the mexican version of Origin.

The game plus the season pass is $45. You may get taxed and it brings it up to $49.

At least more "legit" than russian sites, as you are dealing with EA here.

I think the best deal out for Titanfall is up on the mexican version of Origin.

The game plus the season pass is $45. You may get taxed and it brings it up to $49.

dam I'd keep hearing about people going this route but I wouldn't know where to begin, would rather do that than go through this russian site as google keeps giving me an error when trying to checkout

UK doesn't get this until Friday.
I've got the day booked off work but the wait is going to be unbearable once the rest of the world are playing it.

I'm in the same boat. Considering buying Titanfall from the US store on Tuesday. I am pretty sure it won't be region locked?

Kapow

Well my order went through on that russian site but now i'm regretting not getting that Mexican Origin deal lol. Oh well, hopefully theres a sale on the season pass on GMG before anything of note comes out

jediyoshi

In this case, I'm pretty sure they're actually an authorized distributor. Yuplay used to be the ones who handled Gaijin Entertainment's online services, ala you used to have to download the Yuplay client to play War Thunder on Steam.

Cru

dam I'd keep hearing about people going this route but I wouldn't know where to begin, would rather do that than go through this russian site as google keeps giving me an error when trying to checkout

Don't translate the page. That should stop giving you that error.

Haines

Banned
I'm still holding my stance to wait a week on this game and see how launch goes.

Hype almost got me but than I restarted the new version of diablo 3.

And that tf controller looks reaaallly good in real life pics. Shame I already have two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom