• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

void666

Banned
I managed to play by join a friend on origin. Played for a few rounds then everyone got kicked or whatever.

Game didn't feel smooth at all. Everything on high. Textures on very high. Tried with and without vsync.

dab0ne

Is anyone else getting the Collector's Edition from Target? I ordered the PC version and it's back ordered. I called and they said the estimated delivery is April 22nd :(

MS Store near me is having a launch party, giving away $2,000 in prizes and catering food. I might head over there to check it out and see if I can score some free swag. And pick up my preorder of course, scored a $10 gift card for that.

Delt31

1) You sit in a lobby and get told exposition. Then briefly warp in to the map with a little more exposition. Play either Domination or TDM then fly out with a little more exposition. Basically it's a complete waste of space and time, I have no idea why they put it in.

2) They just sit there and occasionally interact with NPCs.

both sound disappointing but the core game is so good, that's fine.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
MS Store near me is having a launch party, giving away $2,000 in prizes and catering food. I might head over there to check it out and see if I can score some free swag. And pick up my preorder of course, scored a $10 gift card for that.

Samesies. Me and a buddy are going to the store in Tampa. It sounded pretty banging to be quite honest, I feel like not a ton of people are going to show up, so we've probably got a good chance to win something. And if a ton of people do show up, free food and party!

The Cowboy

Have we had a break down of the PC settings?

Any real changes from the beta, in term of graphic settings at all?
From the few people I've asked, there seems to be zero changes since the beta and not extra optimisation at all. So what you saw and also got in terms of performance in the beta is what your likely gonna get now.

I'm kinda disappointed to be honest, the beta was super fun but the game requires far to much (CPU/GPU) for what it offers in terms of visuals and effects, I was really hoping it was an earlier build for the beta and the final build was getting some really good optimisation improvements (especially in the insane textures requiring so much space for how they look).

From the few people I've asked, there seems to be zero changes since the beta and not extra optimisation at all. So what you saw and also got in terms of performance in the beta is what your likely gonna get now.

I'm kinda disappointed to be honest, the beta was super fun but the game requires far to much (CPU/GPU) for what it offers in terms of visuals and effects, I was really hoping it was an earlier build and the final was getting some really good optimisation improvements (especially in the insane textures requiing so much space for how they look).

I'm gonna be annoyed if the XB1 version has no additional optimizations over the beta. People from Respawn stated otherwise on Twitter.

The Cowboy

Seems nothing changed. Triple Bufferng is now Double though. Same issues with Vsync and without.
Wait what?, they removed triple buffering - why on earth would they remove that as an option?.

I bet they didn't even fix the game resetting back to your desktop resolution even if you change it in game, this annoyed me so much in the beta as I run my desktop at a slightly lower res to how I run game and every single time I started titanfall I had to change it back again.
I'm gonna be annoyed if the XB1 version has no additional optimizations over the beta. People from Respawn stated otherwise on Twitter.
This is why I was hoping the PC version wasn't final to, they said the Xbox one version wasn't and was getting performance improvements so I was kinda hoping the same was going to happen for the PC.

Unfortunately it isn't looking good, and it looks likely to perform exactly the same as it did.

Darksol

great. I'm very excited for the reviews somehow. It's strange. I have no interest in playing this game but still I want to know how people like it and what it's about.

I expect a great deal of hyperbole from both sides. I think there will be a large camp of people who overpraise the game, but I also think there will be some unjustly negative reviews simply because this is MS's big "it" game. I'm more interested in how people feel three months from now.

That being said, I look forward to reading the reviews (^-^)

So my gamestop got an extra collectors edition and they put my name on it, but I'm starting to think it's not worth that asking price and the hype is just getting to me. Someone slap the shit out of me now!

This is why I was hoping the PC version wasn't final to, they said the Xbox one version wasn't and was getting performance improvements so I was kinda hoping the same was going to happen for the PC.

Unfortunately it isn't looking good, and it looks likely to perform exactly the same as it did.

Well Nvidia is bound to get a driver. AMD will probably follow suit. Performance will be better by at least a little in the near future.

Shade360

Neo Member

I'm kinda disappointed to be honest, the beta was super fun but the game requires far to much (CPU/GPU) for what it offers in terms of visuals and effects, I was really hoping it was an earlier build for the beta and the final build was getting some really good optimisation improvements (especially in the insane textures requiring so much space for how they look).

Cheers for the info..

Yeah I was hoping for optimisation, shadows on anything other than LOW - made the game time out and not connect, for some silly reason...

Oh well

Delt31

i just got a pc with a gtx 780 and i5 3570. i'm expecting to play this game at 1080p 60 maxed out. realistic? also what do you mean by insane textures taking so much space? ref to the size of the install or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom