• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookie

Whelp.

The ending to the campaign was possibly more underwhelming than Brinks. Hell I think Brinks might have been better! Had fun though, it's difficult to work out what was going on. Since you can't focus on a story when it happens in a 100x100 pixel window and you're shooting people every half a second.

todd360

i just got a pc with a gtx 780 and i5 3570. i'm expecting to play this game at 1080p 60 maxed out. realistic? also what do you mean by insane textures taking so much space? ref to the size of the install or something else?

Don't worry. A 780 and a 3570 will easily get you 1080p and 60 Fps in this game.

Spookie

Don't worry. A 780 and a 3570 will easily get you 1080p and 60 Fps in this game.

I have a 780 and a 2500k and it stutters like a motherfucker. Performance may vary but I wouldn't promise people silky smooth gameplay when most people playing at the moment are reporting some sort of issue.

ChuckNyce

You have any footage of the lagoon map?

Hmm not sure I do at the moment. What's the name of that one?

Edit: It's probably just called "Lagoon" lol. Sorry not much sleep last night. I'm planning on getting vids for all the maps but haven't hit that one yet.

todd360

I have a 780 and a 2500k and it stutters like a motherfucker. Performance may vary but I wouldn't promise people silky smooth gameplay when most people playing at the moment are reporting some sort of issue.

Nah bro your computer just doesn't lift.

Dosia

Hmm not sure I do at the moment. What's the name of that one?

Edit: It's probably just called "Lagoon" lol. Sorry not much sleep last night. I'm planning on getting vids for all the maps but haven't hit that one yet.

Alright np. Keep up the good work I am enjoying your vids.

Shade360

Neo Member
i just got a pc with a gtx 780 and i5 3570. i'm expecting to play this game at 1080p 60 maxed out. realistic? also what do you mean by insane textures taking so much space? ref to the size of the install or something else?

Insane textures take 3GB graphics card, since they did in the beta..

isb

Banned
Doesnt origin work the same way steam does? I go online with my US VPN to begin the pre-load and all is fine and dandy but as soon as i exit the VPN my download fails...
Any ideas?

todd360

Insane textures take 3GB graphics card, since they did in the beta..

I didn't know that insane textures required a 3gb card. My trusty 7950 ran insane textures well. That 7950 was such a good buy. Got it before the bitcoin mining raised prices as well.

Shade360

Neo Member
I didn't know that insane textures required a 3gb card. My trusty 7950 ran insane textures well. That 7950 was such a good buy. Got it before the bitcoin mining raised prices as well.

That's what the "information warning" said on the beta, on the settings screen when you selected them

I managed to run them on my 6850 in the training but was huge lag spikes when loading parts of the map..

It also timed out connecting to servers - I'm guessing the added loading of data, made the server connection think I was lagging - same with high shadows, it timed out constantly.

Turned everything to high, shadows low - and played perfectly at 60fps

Guess you are lucky ;)

I was just thinking about how expensive this war would be if they replaced your titan every two minutes, even in the future that wouldn't be possible, especially for the militia. Then I thought about how in the hell did the Rebels in Star Wars afford their war, this is all a bunch of bullshit. :p

No idea why I haven't thought of this before...

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Does anyone know the specific time when the PC version unlocks? Is it midnight 3/11 EST?

This is what Origin is telling me

UmABjOX.png

pixlexic

Banned
So I am not quite grasping the game play modes.

There is a multiplayer campaign that has a story that is separate from the all out multiplayer experience?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The game c ontinues to run like hot garbage for me.

I have a 3570k and a 780ti and it CONSTANTLY hangs/stutters/lags on me.

Freki

So I am not quite grasping the game play modes.

There is a multiplayer campaign that has a story that is separate from the all out multiplayer experience?

Nope - it's the same MP maps with the same gamemodes but with some added intor and VO during the map.

for people playing early, how is the campaign and how is it set up/what is it composed of?

Impressions:

1) You sit in a lobby and get told exposition. Then briefly warp in to the map with a little more exposition. Play either Domination or TDM then fly out with a little more exposition. Basically it's a complete waste of space and time, I have no idea why they put it in.

2) They just sit there and occasionally interact with NPCs.

Campaign is just like classic except it's bookended by intro scenes (like you getting flown in to the level on a dropship overhearing orders) and a couple mission ending sequences unique to campaign. There's dialogue almost nonstop between Militia and IMC commanders. A lot of exposition.

Most maps don't have monsters, or at least of the nine maps that make up campaign. The only map that even had interactive monsters I saw was the desert one, and I was kinda disappointed because even when I shot the dragons, they didn't attack me, they just flew off.

Whelp.

The ending to the campaign was possibly more underwhelming than Brinks. Hell I think Brinks might have been better! Had fun though, it's difficult to work out what was going on. Since you can't focus on a story when it happens in a 100x100 pixel window and you're shooting people every half a second.

I'm rocking a GTX 780 (EVGA ACX SC version) and a 3570K @ 4.5. The beta ran super smooth for me. The only issues I had is that I had to remove v sync in-game and do it in the Nvidia Control Panel as I was getting serious screen tearing issues. Once I changed that, it ran fine. Didn't have fraps on to tell you what my FPS was.

I have a stock 780 and an i5-3570k @ 4.2

I ran it smoothly at 1440p w/ 2X AA everything max. At 1080p I managed 16x CSAA with the rest on max.

I had to disable vsync ingame though. No tearing was noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom