• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran Ran

Roughly the same size, some smaller than others. Most are very good so far, only one standing out as a bit shit.

That's great and I'm glad none are way bigger than those two. They seemed to be the perfect size.

And if only one map is considered shit then they did a damn good job designing then.

The Cowboy

Starting to regret getting the PC version. Sounds like a bit of a mess technically. Hopefully there is a fix for some of these issues tomorrow.

This isn't something likely to be fixed IMIO, it was exactly the same in the beta. The game loads up the vram (to the point of filling it right up) with stuff when the game actually starts. So even if your just sitting at the main initial menu (where you select your data centre etc) your vram will get loaded up - it seems to be how they've designed the game to work.

It makes no sense to me as I've never seen a game use vram in this way, but I really don't see it being "fixed" and is seems to be a design choice in how the vram is used.

REV 09

Starting to regret getting the PC version. Sounds like a bit of a mess technically. Hopefully there is a fix for some of these issues tomorrow.

i played both beta's and the Xone version had stuttering, tearing, and general performance issues as well...so in the end, the pc version was still the way to go.

skitzyzim

Banned
i played both beta's and the Xone version had stuttering, tearing, and general performance issues as well...so in the end, the pc version was still the way to go.

I played both as well and the tearing on PC with a gtx 670 was horrible. I didn't see much tearing the the xb1 version, but there was some minor frame rate issues, and they were almost exclusively in last titan standing for me. Mostly I saw people who hadn't played the demo making a bigger issue of them, then the people who had played the demo.

Zeliard

Just bought the game. If you had told me I'd be doing that a couple months ago I'd have laughed at you.

And the preload size is rather huge.

Freki

Just bought the game. If you had told me I'd be doing that a couple months ago I'd have laughed at you.

And the preload size is rather huge.
I was in the same boat - it simply felt like the hype was manufactured or at least wildy exaggerated. And although I still don't think that it's the second coming of christ the beta convinced me that it'll be a worthy multiplayer shooter.

REV 09

I played both as well and the tearing on PC with a gtx 670 was horrible. I didn't see much tearing the the xb1 version, but there was some minor frame rate issues, and they were almost exclusively in last titan standing for me. Mostly I saw people who hadn't played the demo making a bigger issue of them, then the people who had played the demo.

I remember having to run the pc version w/ vsync off in borderless window or something like that.

B3N1

I'm so jelly at the guys playing right now.

Do we have any info on the Xbox One digital version? When will we be able to download it? On the 360 they usually put stuff up at 10 AM GMT. Which would mean I can't really play it until 1 PM (if it downloads with full speed).

RdN

Someone who already has the game, could you please tell me if there are South American servers available?

Pjsprojects

Origin ID list is a good idea for this game.

UK PC.
Origin & Steam - Pjsprojects

I'm one of the older gamers that will be on mic.

je_ssi e

Me too.
But, maybe not for the same reasons? Aha.

I rather enjoyed the beta, but didn't think the game was really worth $60. I hopped on the slickdeals.. deal. I don't see the game dropping much below $30 even on the best sales this game will have for a while.

So, that's good enough for me.
I can't wait to play.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Is... is it OK to play on PC with a controller?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
During the beta my performance was about the same with or without a controller on pc.

Interesting. This sentiment is what I've been hearing. Yeah, I know, typically kbm players slaughter controller players on PC. But surprisingly, seems like us controller warriors may be competitive.

je_ssi e

Is... is it OK to play on PC with a controller?
The sticky-aim is strong.
It pulls hard.

I tried it out for a few games myself, and I didn't have a bad time! :p

If you're asking if it's okay to use because it'd be frowned upon.. well, I dunno. Aha. Play how you want to either way.

If you're wondering if it's doable? Definitely.

Bboy AJ

welp that was fun while it lasted

Yep, just got the OFFLINE, too.
The sticky-aim is strong.
It pulls hard.

I tried it out for a few games myself, and I didn't have a bad time! :p

If you're asking if it's okay to use because it'd be frowned upon.. well, I dunno. Aha. Play how you want to either way.

If you're wondering if it's doable? Definitely.

Awesome. I don't care if I get called a controller peasant. I far prefer playing with one.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Interesting. This sentiment is what I've been hearing. Yeah, I know, typically kbm players slaughter controller players on PC. But surprisingly, seems like us controller warriors may be competitive.
It's probably going to be even stevens until people start to master the parkour.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
This isn't something likely to be fixed IMIO, it was exactly the same in the beta. The game loads up the vram (to the point of filling it right up) with stuff when the game actually starts. So even if your just sitting at the main initial menu (where you select your data centre etc) your vram will get loaded up - it seems to be how they've designed the game to work.

It makes no sense to me as I've never seen a game use vram in this way, but I really don't see it being "fixed" and is seems to be a design choice in how the vram is used.

I guess it might be worth explaining why this is - but I find it funny that people see the game doing things "differently" than they expect (i.e. "I'm not at a load screen why is it loading data?!?") and question it. Whats actually going on is we're caching all sorts of stuff. There's a TON of content in each level, as well as content that every level loads. From the main menu on we start caching all that common content, and then once in a lobby we start precaching the level you'll be loading. This keeps load times as quick as possible. We're not just gobbling up memory and VRAM for fun and/or lazydevs - there really is GBs upon GBs of stuff to get resident into memory, and pulling it all from disk into RAM takes time so we amortize it through various means.

Oh, and for questions on GPU drivers; we've been working with all the manufacturers - not sure when but I'm pretty sure most will have Titanfall prepped drivers soon-ish.

Zeliard

The combination of aim assist + low TTK means controller players will do decently for a while. There will probably be a growing disparity as time goes on.

antitrop

I guess it might be worth explaining why this is - but I find it funny that people see the game doing things "differently" than they expect (i.e. "I'm not at a load screen why is it loading data?!?") and question it. Whats actually going on is we're caching all sorts of stuff. There's a TON of content in each level, as well as content that every level loads. From the main menu on we start caching all that common content, and then once in a lobby we start precaching the level you'll be loading. This keeps load times as quick as possible. We're not just gobbling up memory and VRAM for fun and/or lazydevs - there really is GBs upon GBs of stuff to get resident into memory, and pulling it all from disk into RAM takes time so we amortize it through various means.

Oh, and for questions on GPU drivers; we've been working with all the manufacturers - not sure when but I'm pretty sure most will have Titanfall prepped drivers soon-ish.

BuCZZ1i.gif

Bboy AJ

The combination of aim assist + low TTK means controller players will do decently for a while. There will probably be a growing disparity as time goes on.

What do you mean? kbm players will get accustomed to the aim assist and figure out how to better manipulate it? Weak :/

Hey, where is the 360 footage?

Do you have a response to people that are saying nothing was done to further optimize the game from the beta to the final build? It seems like issues that people had with the beta are still there and are no different. I'm not trying to start an argument and tried to word this as non-combative as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom