• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU: Remastered MP Microtransaction |OT| "We're shitty people"

Alienous

Your post could have been put in the other thread.

Can we all talk about Hawaiian pizza? I think that's more controversial.

It pretty much was, in several different posts, and got largely rolled over. The debate has become about ideas instead of discussing what it actually is.

And there's no debate in Hawaiian pizza. It's trash.

Why in the fuck is this an OT? Especially one that acts as a fucking advertisement for these bullshit microtransactions. A little flavour of it being BS in the OP but seriously get your heads out of Naughty Dogs' ass.

This is bullshit and I am on the side that this OT should be locked and gone by mods.

Book 'em boys.

But seriously an OT? No. This should have been posted in the other thread. We don't need two fucking threads raving about how shitty ND is. We all get it. The microtransactions suck.

Demetrius

Neo Member
I've been playing a lot of multi and I haven't needed any of those fancy hats/perks to win.

But you know , let me *RAGE. DLC! Greedy Naughty Hogs!*

Me too. Most of the time I get put against people (on the PS3 version) who use those DLC weapons and perks and they get slaughter badly.

Those DLC weapons suck.

Semi-Auto FTW!

TsuWave

Well well well. This sucks.

Sony not looking all good now, is it? PS Plus has been terrible on PS4, stupid excuse for EA Access, not proper handling of DriveClub delay and now this, by their most celebrated 1st party developer.

Get your shit together guys.

lol wow, i hope this is not a serious post.

I know Wii U and Xbone are getting worked lately but trying to single handily change the sales through negativity on a forum really shits up the board to an unreadable degree.

sjay1994

Me too. Most of the time I get put against people (on the PS3 version) who use those DLC weapons and perks and they get slaughter badly.

Those DLC weapons suck.

Semi-Auto FTW!

Literally this. This is all you need. Reading the original thread about the microtransactions and seeing people immediately jump to the allegations that the MP is pay to win obviously never played a single match.

Magwik

Banned
You can easily win without the DLC....what's the fuss about?

Because DLC is the purest form of evil and since I bought the game I am entitled to everything! Or something like that, I don't have a clue anymore. People and raging and getting upset over something small for really no reason.

Because DLC is the purest form of evil and since I bought the game I am entitled to everything! Or something like that, I don't have a clue anymore. People and raging and getting upset over something small for really no reason.

Yeah I don't get it. They even made this stuff itemized so you don't have to buy a whole pack to get it. I would be thanking them if it was so important. lol

Alienous

I know Wii U and Xbone are getting worked lately but trying to single handily change the sales through negativity on a forum really shits up the board to an unreadable degree.

It isn't about hurting sales. It's about helping to inform players about what they are getting into.

Well well well. This sucks.

Sony not looking all good now, is it? PS Plus has been terrible on PS4, stupid excuse for EA Access, not proper handling of DriveClub delay and now this, by their most celebrated 1st party developer.

Get your shit together guys.

You're trying too hard.

Tybolt

Banned
I really wish people wouldn't defend this just because they love the core game and the developer. How many of you would be shitting on this if it was any other game?

nynt9

Naughty Dog just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about microtransaction culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in DLC where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in microtransactions, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the PS audience public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase The Last of Us for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Naughty Dog has alienated an entire market with this move.

Naughty Dog, publicly apologize and cancel TLOU for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

140.jpg

Jito

Banned
Since when did micro transaction DLC deserve its own OT? Wasn't there already a thread about this earlier today? This TLOU remaster hype is out of control, threads everywhere!

nynt9

To be serious, it's nasty that you can't unlock these without paying but not super nasty because they're already available in preset loadouts. OP doesn't mention that.

edit: my bad, it does mention that

gadwn

Well the practice may suck in general but what is up with all these drive by trolling tlou topics? If most of the complainers actually had played the game they would have noticed that this has little to no meaning in the actual game. Should it be excused? Well no, but it is pretty much a standard in the genre nowadays. It's in no way worth all the hate.

It's still one of the best multiplayer games in years.

GRIP

I'm starting to get flashbacks of all the Dark Souls 2 lighting threads we were getting back in march.

dugdug

Banned
There's a thread that contains a lot of debate and little information.

This thread is about knowing what the microtransactions consist of, it isn't about arguing against the idea wholesale.

So, wait. Because you didn't like the way the thread was going, you just wanted a do-over?

sjay1994

Naughty Dog just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about microtransaction culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in DLC where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in microtransactions, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the PS audience public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase The Last of Us for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Naughty Dog has alienated an entire market with this move.

Naughty Dog, publicly apologize and cancel TLOU for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

140.jpg

Was waiting for this post.

Top Bottom