• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU: Remastered MP Microtransaction |OT| "We're shitty people"

Kade

So basically OP is upset that his repeated posts of almost the same thing were going mostly ignored in the other thread and decided to make a sarcastic 'OT' for attention instead. Got it.

OP: No one's listening to me. Maybe I'll say it louder!

Everyone else: Dude we heard you the first time, calm down. No need to yell.

Odrion

Banned
Sony just found out how to insert all their anti consumer mechanics: pack it in with LTOU.

LTOU: Remastered 2.0, now with sharper shadows at 60fps and online DRM for singleplayer.

Alienous

So basically OP is upset that his repeated posts of almost the same thing were going mostly ignored in the other thread and decided to make a sarcastic 'OT' for attention instead. Got it.

Not so much. That thread continues as it stated, as a bashing of the idea of microtransactions. There was too little actual information to be anything... informative. As such every fifth post is someone ignoring what the microtransactions consist of.

It doesn't matter anyway. Thanks to posters like you this thread has already gone to the dogs.

Uh, the other thread contained information on the DLC, and included information edited in by Mods. You should be careful, OP.

And like I said in the other thread, the DLC stuff isn't that useful. I have them, they're not that great.

J-P

Neo Member
It's not about bitching about microtransactions. It's about offering an advantage to people who pay more. Yes yes i know you've won every game ever without these weapons or perks. Still though, are people really defending this? You're really OK with it? Someone who pays more can have an advantage over you? What if i pay $5 and get a little more health each round than you? Is that OK? The whole point of multiplayer is having an equal playing field and letting the skills or lack thereof of the people playing determine the outcome. This shit is stupid.

And yes i will probably fucking buy the weapons because i like the game and i find it fun..... That's the worst part.

Not so much. That thread continues as it stated, as a bashing of the idea of microtransactions. There was too little actual information to be anything... informative. As such every fifth post is someone ignoring what the microtransactions consist of.

It doesn't matter anyway. That's to posters like you this thread has already gone to the dogs.

I'm glad you fleshed it out with an OT.

This thread went to the dogs the minute your creation came to the internet.

inky

Alienous

Uh, the other thread contained information on the DLC, and included information edited in by Mods. You should be careful, OP.

And like I said in the other thread, the DLC stuff isn't that useful. I have them, they're not that great.

It doesn't consider a great deal of the DLC, and it doesn't even mention price.

It could do nothing but fuel "This is good/bad" based on the concept of microtransactions, rather than the implementation in TLOU:R.

Caleranatior

Neo Member

It doesn't matter anyway. Thanks to posters like you this thread has already gone to the dogs.

Your list of the DLC was edited into the OP of the other thread, as well as a post about the preset loadouts. The reaction in this thread is mostly the same as that one, a mix of "shame on you ND, etc" and making fun of the thread title. So forgive me if I don't see why you felt the need for it.

sjay1994

You could say "its gone to the Naughty Dogs"

gif--kim-jong-un-plays-the-drums-sandbox-636724.gif

Zornack

It's not about bitching about microtransactions. It's about offering an advantage to people who pay more. Yes yes i know you've won every game ever without these weapons or perks. Still though, are people really defending this? You're really OK with it? Someone who pays more can have an advantage over you? What if i pay $5 and get a little more health each round than you? Is that OK? The whole point of multiplayer is having an equal playing field and letting the skills or lack thereof of the people playing determine the outcome. This shit is stupid.

And yes i will probably fucking buy the weapons because i like the game and i find it fun..... That's the worst part.

It's a shitty practice but you're not paying for an advantage, you're paying for more options. The perks/guns you can buy aren't straight up better than what you have.

The practice is shitty but so is people blowing this out of proportion and acting like it's pay to win.

Game of the Generation/Years

It's not mine and I am sure it's not other people's as well. We aren't a hivemind. If anyone else tried to do this for every little feature a game has the threads would be locked immediately and the person would be told to "Post it in the OT that already exists."

It doesn't consider a great deal of the DLC, and it doesn't even mention price.

It could do nothing but fuel "This is good/bad" based on the concept of microtransactions, rather than the implementation in TLOU:R.

It's the same on the PS3 game, bro. Except I don't think the presets were available then.

NastyBook

I thought they said that the extra weapons/skills would be the only DLC that wouldn't come free on the disc back when details of the game first started coming in?

Wasn't/Isn't this under discussion elsewhere (in other OTs and other dedicated threads)? Why do we need more? It's not dogs eating this up; It's people watching a caged animal.
Calm. Down. Deep breaths!

Joel's Hometown |OT| Heaven between San Marcos and Austin
We need a thread to express our disgust about such a place not actually existing.

lol wow, i hope this is not a serious post.

So guys are happy with what Sony is doing? Is PS Plus IGC for PS4 alright since paid online for PS4 (i.e. 200% increase in subscriptions?) All we are getting is Indie games. I never expected this. Don't take me wrong, I have been a massive Sony fan, own all its consoles except Vita (getting Vita TV at launch), but I have been disappointed with Sony in past 1 year or so. I hope this changes.

I'm sure people can find the information if you let them do so. No need to create another topic. Or trust people can utilize Google, as any smart consumer should in the first place.

I'm creating an OT for the Tekken 7 Storyline, an OT for Online Play, an OT for CPU VS Only, and an OT for CPU VS CPU because fuck it.

Many games have separate MP and SP OTs. With the introduction of photo mode...well...yeah...

So wait, you can use all these weapons/perks in all those preset loadouts but not in custom, right? So you're basically paying for custom loadout option, not the guns/perks directly.

So guys are happy with what Sony is doing? Is PS Plus IGC for PS4 alright since paid online for PS4 (i.e. 200% increase in subscriptions?) All we are getting is Indie games. I never expected this. Don't take me wrong, I have been a massive Sony fan, own all its consoles except Vita (getting Vita TV at launch), but I have been disappointed with Sony in past 1 year or so. I hope this changes.

The entitlement is strong with this one. I am grateful Sony gives us free games at all. They could have forced PSPlus with no games on the Ps3 if they wanted.

It's a shitty practice but you're not paying for an advantage, you're paying for more options. The perks/guns you can buy aren't straight up better than what you have.

The practice is shitty but so is people blowing this out of proportion and acting like it's pay to win.

options are the advantage

Anything that you can buy that affects gameplay is bad.

I understand you aren't defending them

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Honest question: what $60 games would you want for free for PS Plus? Because none of them are even a year old yet. Did you really expect to get a free $60 title with your $50 subscription? It'll get there eventually.

Honest question: what $60 games would you want for free for PS Plus? Because none of them are even a year old yet. Did you really expect to get a free $60 title with your $50 subscription? It'll get there eventually.

Knack? Injustice? Lego Marvel Heroes? Lego Hobbit? Something that makes me feel good about PS Plus and differentiates itself from Live. I agree that they cant give us many games as they are mostly new, but give us something.

I dont know what it is with gamers this generation but there is just an amazing amount of impatience

Not even into Year 2 LTD and people are just flat flipping out over shit. You have been disappointed in Sony the past 1 year over the 20 they have been around? I say that is a win!

Anyway, be happy you are getting a free game at all really. Who else does that? MS JUST started doing it not long ago because of how successful the program was with Sony. I have seriously had 0 issues with PS+, it runs flawlessly. The games offered up so far have actually been damn fantastic if you ask me. Don't Starve is still one of my favorites to play.

Many games have separate MP and SP OTs. With the introduction of photo mode...well...yeah...

Fighting games are primarily about fighting other dudes, so it wouldn't make sense to make a separate one.

Photo Mode makes sense, since it's all pictures and shit.

Hahaha that misterxmedia dude has the best Twitter.

Eh....those DLC guns aren't on the disc. They are new content which you can only access after paying for it. Activisoin has been adding more and more content in their mappacks and seasonpass. New weapons, new playable special characters, new extinction episode. That is not a bad thing at all.

The problem with TLOU is the fact that those weapons are already on the disc. You can use them with preset classes, but if you want to use them in your own customized class you have to pay for them. That actually makes the whole thing even worse imo.

It's pretty much an opinion honestly. They are giving you a choice that if you like the loadouts but want a customizable one, pay for it. It really is not the end of the world. They could have just left it the way it was and not even have the option. Also, the dlc guns in COD are a waste in my opinion because if you look around every corner you can pick up one from a downed enemy.

Handy Fake

This thread is about informing people about what the content is and what it costs.*

Perhaps it isn't necessary, but your shitpost is definitely unnecessary.

* Well it's not. Going by your comments in the title and the OP it's a thread designed for rageposts.

The bonus weapons suck. The revolver is better than the enforcer and costs no load out points.

They do not suck.

The silenced rifle is a pretty great power weapon. It's like the assault rifle (which is free for everyone) except that it's silent, so you wont show up on radar.

The Enforcer is also pretty powerful from what I gather (I have not used it in a long time so I can't recall. Just going by people's impressions on this one).

There are preset loadouts which give you access to use all the new DLC, but you cannot make your own. On the plus side, ND removed the Level 3 versions of some of these new boosters and combined them into the level 2 versions, which are accessible in the preset loadouts. Basically, the preset loadouts give you access to the paywall content at its best form.

Still, it's a dumb thing to do, because it is not cosmetic, meaning you screw the player balance from day one, regardless of how insignificant you may think it is. For example, the assault rifle is a pretty good power weapon to use, but the silenced auto rifle for the most part does the same job with the added benefit of remaining off the radar. This is a good advantage to have, but you seemingly must pay for it.

It is not pay to win. It is not significant enough or disadvantageous enough to be pay to win. However, surely, some rounds will be won by the fact that some have the freedom to customize their own loadout to have the playstyle they want, while others don't.

It should have been free, and that's the bottom line. If they wanted to nickel and dime us, they could have charged for more class loadout slots and a variety of taunts and cosmetics. But once it affects gameplay even in the slightest, it affects everyone.

Top Bottom