• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU: Remastered MP Microtransaction |OT| "We're shitty people"

Book 'em boys.

But seriously an OT? No. This should have been posted in the other thread. We don't need two fucking threads raving about how shitty ND is. We all get it. The microtransactions suck.

I really am not happy how many OTs this game has gotten. The Photo Mode one (so the OT doesn't get bombarded with pics) and the normal OT is all that is needed. This has set a bad precedent for future OTs and just seems like a free for all now.

The only things in CoD you can get with real money besides maps are cosmetic, and I think one gun came with a map pack in Black Ops 2. Not the same.

Wrong....i didn't even pay for the packs but I remember a Maverick AR and Ripper SMG being only available to season pass or buying them straight up

Lucifon

I really wish people wouldn't defend this just because they love the core game and the developer. How many of you would be shitting on this if it was any other game?

Cod has DLC weapons that aren't an issue. It's mainly that this has been the case with the game since the DLC on PS3 a long long time ago, and was announced to be the case for the PS4 version months ago. During that time we heard no major complaining (because from a balance perspective AFAIK it's not been found to be an issue), now all of a sudden it's like Naughty Dog are the worst company ever.

I really am not happy how many OTs this game has gotten. The Photo Mode one (so the OT doesn't get bombarded with pics) and the normal OT is all that is needed. This has set a bad precedent for future OTs and just seems like a free for all now.

Just wait for Destiny. There is going to be an OT for raids, strikes, PvP, pictures, story...

Everything remastered or GOTY edition should have all DLC, period. The game has been out for a year, I don't see why Naughty Dog should be exempt.

As much as I hate to be that guy, posts regarding the "worthiness" of a thread are frowned upon, leave it up to the mods to decide.

I tried in the other thread. It's too far in to anything other than a general "Microtransactions are the devil" debate, as it was when it started

I'm sure people can find the information if you let them do so. No need to create another topic. Or trust people can utilize Google, as any smart consumer should in the first place.

I'm creating an OT for the Tekken 7 Storyline, an OT for Online Play, an OT for CPU VS Only, and an OT for CPU VS CPU because fuck it.

BiggNife

Seriously, this is getting fucking ridiculous. This is the Gaming forum, not the TLOU forum.

Soon we we will have an OT for every platform a game is released on. Prepare for 7 versions of the COD Advanced warfare OT.

sjay1994

Im confused. Do we like microtransactions or not?

I don't like microtransactions if you are paying for stuff thats already in the game, or if they are used to impede progress.

But this doesn't bother me. A majority of the stuff is cosmetic, andsince these things were never in the base game, as well as the fact that the MP is balanced that starting weapons and perks have carried me for the entirety of my time with the mp.

Look at all of those cosmetics

Maverick-Onslaught.jpg

0.jpg

so cosmetic

Guymelef

I love when people spends bunch of money on weapons and they are killed again and again for better players with default weapons.

Also OT for Microtransaction , really?

Does the darkness spread by the dreaded Druckmann know no bounds???

...I'd probably still suck at the MP even with the paid DLC. Still fun for me, though. I've come to terms with my MP suckage with pretty much every game years ago. :p

nynt9

This thread was not claimed in the OT creation thread and thus does not fit the forum guidelines for OTs and thus it will most likely be locked. Unless the OP admits that this is a satirical, hyperbolic OT, in which case we already have a thread for this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468233

Also, do these perks really give you a huge advantage? I can't tell since I haven't played enough MP.

sjay1994

Soon we we will have an OT for every platform a game is released on. Prepare for 7 versions of the COD Advanced warfare OT.

We also need OT's for each individual piece of pre order dlc.

Man the front page of GAF is going to be filled with the words "Assassins Creed Unity" come november

I love when people spends bunch of money on weapons and they are killed again and again for better players with default weapons.

Shoutouts to TF2 on that front. Goddamn I love seeing people buying keys and shit, and then getting a weapon they don't know how to use, and then complaining that they aren't insta-winning.

Vanilla loadout for the Demo all day every day.

An OT for this? Even as an ironic OT?

Cover it in the existing complaint thread, but better yet in the multiplayer OT. People are upset. Rage-starting yet another new thread is just sensationalist and unnecessary.

Seriously, this is absurd. I'm in no position to 'backseat mod' (as I'm not a mod!) but I have to ask that this to be closed, with prejudice.

Just wait for Destiny. There is going to be an OT for raids, strikes, PvP, pictures, story...

I was pretty much going to say that jokingly in my previous post, but with this being allowed I believe it.

Mods, please deal with this shit, or I will make an OT for Day 1 DLC for every game that comes out from this point, and its options menu, etc.

Really bad precedent mods, realllllly bad.

SSReborn

So if you have the seasons pass your content is supposed to carry over but at this time the process is completely broken.

I had to first off go to last of us on ps3 download everything from in game onto the ps3 to make it come up as it being purchased on the store since the seasons pass doesn't automatically unlock everything for you on ps4.

Now I have the Last of Us Remastered open on ps4 and it says everything is free with a purchase in brackets but when you click them it takes you to the store with a price to buy them.

Alienous

I'm sure people can find the information if you let them do so. No need to create another topic. Or trust people can utilize Google, as any smart consumer should in the first place.

As it happens, many people picking up the the remastered version of The Last of Us don't know to Google for something they didn't know existed. No consumer can be that smart.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can't you buy most of the weapons in-game using in-game currency? So is the only reason to buy them so you can add them to a custom loadout to have available at the start of a round?

sjay1994

I was pretty much going to say that jokingly in my previous post, but with this being allowed I believe it.

Mods, please deal with this shit, or I will make an OT for Day 1 DLC for every game that comes out from this point, and its options menu, etc.

Really bad precedent mods, realllllly bad.

Fuck it. I'll make an OT for every single version of a ubisoft game if this slides. I must do my civic duty and inform customers what they are getting into.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I mean, Destiny kinda already has an ongoing OT somehow, lol.

Anyway, TLoU stuff here is pretty gross. I actually just scrolled through the menu and saw the massive list of DLC yesterday before seeing a thread here and found it really weird since I figured the remastered version would have included everything. I remember Uncharted 3 actually had loads of them too, going as far as having damn near every character skin from 2 up there for real money.

Caleranatior

Neo Member
So basically OP is upset that his repeated posts of almost the same thing were going mostly ignored in the other thread and decided to make a sarcastic 'OT' for attention instead. Got it.

As it happens, many people picking up the the remastered version of The Last of Us don't know to Google for something they didn't know existed. No consumer can be that smart.

And as it happens, some people feel the need to make full topics because they didn't get enough attention in the other two.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Is the Last of Us the first game to deserve multiple OTs?

Alienous

can't you buy most of the weapons in-game using in-game currency? So is the only reason to buy them so you can add them to a custom loadout to have available at the start of a round?

If they aren't purchased with real money they are unavailable outside of preset classes that contain them (there are four of these classes).

When purchased with real money some of the weapons require the player to spent 'Parts' (points earned through scavenging and kills in a match) to be equipped within a match.

None of the paid DLC weapons can be 'unlocked' through spending in-game points.

Zornack

So if you have the seasons pass your content is supposed to carry over but at this time the process is completely broken.

I had to first off go to last of us on ps3 download everything from in game onto the ps3 to make it come up as it being purchased on the store since the seasons pass doesn't automatically unlock everything for you on ps4.

Now I have the Last of Us Remastered open on ps4 and it says everything is free with a purchase in brackets but when you click them it takes you to the store with a price to buy them.

You can purchase the items through the online store on a computer. Once you have they're unlocked in the game, there's nothing to download so just head into the multiplayer and everything will be unlocked. You might have to restart the game or wait a few minutes, mine wasn't registering immediately but ten minutes later everything was working as it should.

Also, do these perks really give you a huge advantage? I can't tell since I haven't played enough MP.

Nope, most of them are bad. Some are good for niche builds, some are just pretty good, but none are flat out better than what you can unlock.

I do think the enforcer pistol is too good to be behind a paywall, though.

As it happens, many people picking up the the remastered version of The Last of Us don't know to Google for something they didn't know existed.
Might I suggest a "TLOU Intro Phone OS Comparison |OT| Joel's 2-year Contract", since people need an additional compare/contrast whether it's more like iOS or Android to help them determine the next device they'll buy when the renew their contracts? People totally need to know about this without googling it because they didn't know it existed.

You're angry, we get it, but this is just thread-creation abuse.

gogogow

Maverick-Onslaught.jpg

0.jpg

so cosmetic

Eh....those DLC guns aren't on the disc. They are new content which you can only access after paying for it. Activisoin has been adding more and more content in their mappacks and seasonpass. New weapons, new playable special characters, new extinction episode. That is not a bad thing at all.

The problem with TLOU is the fact that those weapons are already on the disc. You can use them with preset classes, but if you want to use them in your own customized class you have to pay for them. That actually makes the whole thing even worse imo.

Top Bottom