• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMZ: Carrie Fisher suffers cardiac arrest on plane (Up: in ICU, condition unknown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just renewed my BLS CPR very today so I did the hands on exam today. All this talk about AED and CPR is so fresh in my mind, sounds like they had the things they needed in place, an EMT every plane has an AED. Hopefully just hopefully it's enough for her to pull through.

MechaX

Exactly, and with a Trump presidency the next few years stand to be worse than anything in 2016. So please stop with this internet meme garbage.

Just because other years may be worse than this one does not mean that there isn't a valid reason for people finding this year to be rough for a variety of reasons (and in this case, celebrity incidents and deaths).

With that said, I believe that drive-by "2016 sucks" in of itself is not too productive, and we need to be holding Carrie Fisher in our best wishes in these dire circumstances.

Mark Hamill ‏@HamillHimself 56s57 seconds ago

as if 2016 couldn't get any worse... sending all our love to @carrieffisher

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Very sad. Was she still going to appear in Episodes VIII and IX?
I really don't want to be talking about the films right now but she is in VIII and recording is done...

If the reports of her arrest/cpr duration are anywhere near accurate I have very little confidence she'll survive. Especially if there was any delay in starting her resuscitative efforts. Source: I'm an RN on a Cardiac Critical Care Unit.

nachum00

Just because other years may be worse than this one does not mean that there isn't a valid reason for people finding this year to be rough for a variety of reasons (and in this case, celebrity incidents and deaths).

With that said, I believe that drive-by "2016 sucks" in of itself is not too productive, and we need to be holding Carrie Fisher in our best wishes in these dire circumstances.
Thats the reason I was mad. So many post are just "2016 strikes again". Someone's life is in danger, please be respectful.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe this is happening. Please pull through.

Hang in there, Carrie. Hang in there... :(

Very sad. Was she still going to appear in Episodes VIII and IX?

Episode VIII has already been filmed and yes, Carrie appeared in it as Leia again.

I have no clue what the plans are for Episode IX and what Lucasfilm might do if things don't turn out well (i.e. Carrie doesn't pull through or isn't in a healthy enough condition to appear in IX if she does make it).

Ruruja

If the reports of her arrest/cpr duration are anywhere near accurate I have very little confidence she'll survive. Source: I'm an RN on a Cardiac Critical Care Unit.

I'm drawing hope from the recent incident with Fabrice Muamba, worth looking up if you're unfamiliar with it. His heart stopped for 78 minutes and survived thanks to great support from the medical teams on hand.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I just walked out of rogue one
making it so one of the last things I saw was her CGI face.

Really hope she pulls through. She's a tremendous lady that I don't want to see go.

So... My dad was found unconscious and not breathing in an airport bathroom on the other side of the country towards the end of October. It took them hours to notify my mother. She couldn't get a flight out there until the next morning, and once she got out there we proceeded to learn they couldn't tell us anything concrete. Just days of not knowing the big picture, aside from everything looked bad. It took close to two weeks for them to determine there was sufficient brain activity to indicate he was still in there somewhere, and two weeks after the heart attack they finally rolled him in for a triple bypass that went terribly. It was multiple days after he went into surgery--during which they hooked him up to an LVAD and an ECMO and there was a contentious hospital transfer-- before they finally told us for the first time he was going to live.

He had a heart attack on October 25th, and November 10th was the first day anybody felt comfortable saying he'd actually be able to eventually come home.

Medical science is fucking amazing, but there is a lot of uncertainty and not knowing. Informing the public shouldn't be anyone's concern right now, and silence from doctors doesn't mean much to me right now because depending on what happened they might not know how this is going to go.

All the best to your father and your family.

Can we please leave the discussion of her role in ix until we actually know her condition?

As far as we know she's still in critical condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom