• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

to many games this fall!

DSN2K

MGS3
GTA:SA
Burnout 3
GT4
Halo 2
Prime 2
DOOM 3
HALF LIFE 2
Medal Of Honour Pacific Assualt
Stalkers
Star Wars Republic Commando
Call of Duty: United Offence
POP2
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth
NFSU2
fable
Pro Evolution Soccer 4
nintendo DS + software

most likely more ive missed.

how am I going to pay for this....... :(

Aww, the thread title made me think it was going to be a toast to many games this fall. You know, a toast in their honor.

But yeah, that's a shitload of shit coming out. Shit.

jarrod

Banned
Don't forget GBA...

-Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green
-Mario Pinball Land
-F-Zero: GP Legend
-Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
-Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
-Final Fantasy 1&2 Advance
-Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
-Racing Gears Advance
-Pirate Battle
-Scurge: Hive
-Juka and the Monophonic Menace
-Bubble Bobble Old & New
-Tokyo Xtreme Racer Advance
-Advance Guardian Heroes
-Star Wars Trilogy: Apprentice of the Force
-MegaMan Anniversary Collection
-MegaMan Zero 3
-Shaman King: Master of Spirits
-Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django
-Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Board Traveler
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus
-Banjo Pilot
-The Lord of The Rings: The Third Age
-Tony Hawk's Underground 2: World Destruction Tour
-Grand Theft Auto Advance
-Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for Girls
-PayBack
-World Reborn

...and plenty more. :)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Can't you guys stagger your purchases over the next year, when release lists are slim? And rent the games like Resident Evil 4, Prince of Persia 2, and Fable that can probably be beaten within a dedicated weekend?

I'll probably only purchase GTA: San Andreas this fall. Though, Burnout 3 could snare me with the online mode...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
That Goreomedy is a smart mofo. You should listen to him.

My only purchases for the rest of the year:

Pirates!
NHL 2K5
NBA 2K5
GTA: San Andreas
Burnout 3

That'll keep me plenty busy.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
wallet.jpg

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Goreomedy said:
Can't you guys stagger your purchases over the next year, when release lists are slim? And rent the games like Resident Evil 4, Prince of Persia 2, and Fable that can probably be beaten within a dedicated weekend?

I'll probably only purchase GTA: San Andreas this fall. Though, Burnout 3 could snare me with the online mode...
Yeah, thats what I am doing. Only I am buying nothing.

Gruco

Banned
Paper Mario and Pikmin are the only console games I really want. Maybe Star Ocean 3 if I have a lot of free time and/or it really gets raves...

From the GBA list, I see Pokemon and maybe Kirby the Amazing Mirror (I still need to get Nightmare in Dreamland, and haven't hard anything about this.)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Pre-ordered Halo 2

rent a couple more (likely, Prime 2 (if it makes it to PAL), and Repbulic Commando (ditto) )

couple more as christmas presents maybe...Fable and Pro Evo

The rest i can wait for, though i'll pine for MGS3 by the beginning of febuary when i have nothing left to play and no money to my name.

evil ways

bishoptl said:
That Goreomedy is a smart mofo. You should listen to him.

My only purchases for the rest of the year:

Pirates!
NHL 2K5
NBA 2K5
GTA: San Andreas
Burnout 3

That'll keep me plenty busy.

Raw vs Smackdown you infidel!!

I agree with Wario 64. Very few games I'll be picking up on release. In fact I'll probably get just enough to get by.

must-buy list:
Doom 3
Outrun 2
Katamari Damacy
Fable
Monster Hunter
Nintendo DS

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Goreomedy said:

That's probably what I'm going to do. I can be a patient man. Games like MGS3, Paper Mario 2, Katamari Dama., Ace Combat 5 and a few others I will buy. The rest are rentals or gonna wait for a price drop

I probably won't have much time to play them all anyway

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
T.H.U.G. 2
OutRun 2
Burnout 3
GT4
RSC2
Guilty Gear XX
DOAU
MK: Deception
F_ZeroGX
SFA
Tekken 5

=

wallet.jpg
:(

Subitai

Well, Republic Commando is delayed till next year, so there's another $50 back to you.

This year is going to be a painful one for all publishers - even EA.

The games I want:

Growlanser Generations
Phantasy Star Trilogy
Baten Kaitos
Paper Mario 2
Phantom Brave
Wild Arms: Alter Code F

The problem with waiting is you don't know if the price is actually going to drop or if the game is going to be harder to find and more expensive. This is especially true of RPGs.

NotMSRP

TRU's 3 for 2 deal should be here next month. Should help a little.

RPGs should still be around for a few months.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Money isn't the issues for me, it's all the damn time I'll need for my studies and freelance work.

Oh well I'll only be purchasing the big titles at launch and gradually play the others either by renting or by sales (like the TRU deal).

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ghost said:
rent a couple more (likely, Prime 2 (if it makes it to PAL) )

Whats this IF shit? I'm buying Pikmin2 and Halo 2 before the end of the year I think. perhaps paper mario, but I don't really like RPGs so not sure. Oh and burnout 3.

Where do you PAL gamers find release dates? I still haven't got a for sure date on pikmin2

Flynn

Error Macro said:
Aww, the thread title made me think it was going to be a toast to many games this fall. You know, a toast in their honor.

to many games this fall, we will be just another face passing them by on the store shelf.

AniHawk

I'll probably get...:

Taiko Drum Master
Donkey Konga
Paper Mario 2
Resident Evil 4
Halo 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Been cutting back on my expenditures lately (thank you, college!). If I get gift certificates to spend on whatever, I'll pick up Star Fox, Under the Skin, Baten Kaitos, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and possibly Fable.

Unless the DS has an uber lineup not to be missed, it will be passed over for the games above.

maskrider

So many games, so little income. Heh !

I have to seriously limit the number of games that I buy these days. I have only got Tenchu Kurenai after SH4, passed Gradius V, SF3 and DDS. Have to pass on KOF Maximum impact, GG Isuka and Viewtiful Joe PS2.

Have to get the US and PAL versions of SH:C in Sep/Oct.

The coming SH4 US X-BOX version and for this fall, FF~Crimson butterfly X-BOX, DOAU, GT4, Outrun 2 and MGS3 are unavoidable.

i am getting:

GTA SA
RE4
MGS3
Killzone
GT4

will HL2 come out on PS2?

NO its not its coming to f""""" XBOX :(
so i wont get that game :(

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I'm gonna get:

MGS3
PM2
MP2
DMC3
Halo2 (If I get an Xbox)
TOS (Still havent got it yet)

those are the only ones I am sure about, I also wanna get:

Jak 3
Killer 7
Star Ocean

and next year:

FFXII
Zelda GC

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

No, actually. I graduate this December and will be leaving for Japan early next year. I won't be back around here for quite some time, so if I miss out on these now...I'll really be missing out. I should have more time to game once I arrive, though, as I'll have fewer things to worry about...so it should end up working out. I'm not taking an XBOX, though...just PS2 and GC. I'll have to get my fill of Halo 2 before then...

SyNapSe

DSN2K said:

This is the only for sure full $50 purchase. I'm an RPG whore, so I'd say these also stand a fair chance..

Paper Mario
Fable

I don't really dig the Paper Mario look, but if it's a good RPG then that could be difficult to pass on.

Lower chances (purchase at $20-$30 probably):

Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
GTA:SA - At this point not too excited really, I'll probably wait until it's much cheaper.

Oh, I'll probably purchase NBA2k5 at $20 starting price. :) You can't beat that. I'm probably forgetting a bunch of games, but most likely I'll wait for them to drop to $20-$30 bucks.. I'm crazy cheap.

Solid

I'm only gonna get 3 games this fall: PES4, Halo 2 & GTA:SA. The rest will be picked up when they are cheap or I have nothing to do :)

(MGS3 isn't released until '05 here in Europe..)

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Full Price purchases -

Doom III
Half-Life 2
Tribes Vengeance
Halo 2
Burnout 3
GTA San Andreas
Metal Gear Solid 3
Killzone
Gran Turismo 4
Ratchet & Clank UYA

Bargain -

ESPN NFL 2K5
Guilty Gear X2 Reload #
Whatever else Wario64 brings to my attention :)
Retail page stuff like Outrun 2

I pretty much have to force myself to only get ten full price games, otherwise I'd be paying for stuff that I won't have time to play until a price drop hits anyway.

Does anyone know if the online first party Sony games are gonna be $49.99 like Socom II was? The usual $39.99 would cover the $20 games.

Phenomenal year for FPs and racing games.

all of the above plus the PSP lauch .... hopefully...

I'm actually glad the US release was delayed. No way I'd have any time or money left for it this fall. I still need to get another 512MB of RAM for the PC games... :-\

cvxfreak

I am 100% certain of buying Resident Evil 4.

I am 95% certain of buying Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green.

I am 95% certain of importing Pokemon Emerald.

I am 90% certain of buying Nintendo DS w/ Super Mario 64 x 4

I am 85% certain of importing BioHazard Outbreak File #2.

I am 70% certain of buying Paper Mario 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

I am 50% certain of buying Star Fox.

isnt it funny hwo some people cant stagger their game purchases? its not like they are going to go away and in fact they will get cheaper as time goes by.
some, of course, have to be purchased asap, but only to capture the buzz of its online modes, if you wait too long, the party is over, and there are only n00b killers hanging around.

i think most people have to buy everything at once because they want to post about it first here.
but that may or may not be true. :)

Top Bottom