• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, I review-bombed my first game! (Elden Ring DLC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Review bombing a game is not something to be proud of and make a thread about.

This could have just been a footnote in the regular Elden Ring thread if you really wanted people to know your opinion and leaving a bad review wasn’t enough.

StueyDuck

I'm just bleak that it broke the seamless co-op mod. (Until it gets fixed)

Having since played it, going back to regular elden ring is boring

Last edited:

Reaseru

Sometimes I wonder what kind of people wastes 40 dollars/euros in a DLC of a game that is notorious for being hard, for them to complain that the DLC is also hard.

I'm not the greatest player of the fromsoft games and i been playing it alone,sometimes with my loyal mimic tear, with my endgame character (started the DLC with lvl.167) without facing any kind of major difficulty. I just changed the stats a little to have more health/vigor.

Edit: Why do people buy very expensive DLCs of games when they didn't finish those in the first place?

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Yes it is fucking hard but the game gives you all the tools to beat it.

And I am pretty sure a lot of people dont explore to find the DLC upgrades.
I agree with this on games like this, leave it up to the players how they want to enjoy your game

Honestly I don't care if people enjoy some sort of God mode and just blow shit up
No. The game gives you shit ton of options to make it easy already, adding a difficulty slider is the opposite of what the game wants player to feel and achieve.

Use NPC or skill summons, get help from other players, level up, use throwables, respec and make an OP build, do some side content etc...

Asking a difficulty slider on games like this is like asking for horror movies to remove all scare and horror elements.

If someone does not want to bother getting better or finding the options to make things easier (that are extremely easy to find or use), then the game is not for them, that is all. And good news: there are thousands of other games to play.

iHaunter

While the DLC is a 10/10, it is just too hard. I have a life outside of video games and I don’t have time to keep replaying the same boss over and over again.

We need an easy mode for Elden Ring and it’s DLC.
Will Ferrell Comedy GIF by filmeditor

Yes it is fucking hard but the game gives you all the tools to beat it.

And I am pretty sure a lot of people dont explore to find the DLC upgrades.

No. The game gives you shit ton of options to make it easy already, adding a difficulty slider is the opposite of what the game wants player to feel and achieve.

Use NPC or skill summons, get help from other players, level up, use throwables, respec and make an OP build, do some side content etc...

Asking a difficulty slider on games like this is like asking for horror movies to remove all scare and horror elements.

If someone does not want to bother getting better or finding the options to make things easier (that are extremely easy to find or use), then the game is not for them, that is all. And good news: there are thousands of other games to play.
I get people who feel the same as you but I am just saying it doesn't matter to me if person X works 70+ hours and gets to sit down for an hour of game time and wants to blow through a game like this

Personally don't care how people enjoy their single player games

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Difficulty acolytes in the last 10 years are building in army particularly the souls/elden ring games. I think an easy mode is possible in those games why not have that option?

Reactions: Isa

Celcius

°Temp. member
Is there anything like elden ring except easier? What would yall recommend?

Not just in terms of gameplay but also in terms of the aesthetic and lore.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
The resistance to an easy mode is so idiotic, give players the option to play the game however the fuck they want.

Miyazaki himself said that the challenge is a fundamental pillar of the game's experience.

Removing that is removing the essence of the game.

And honestly especially Elden Ring gives you a TON of tools to beat the odds. People are either unwilling to invest in the research or unwilling to change up their playstyle.

krtokckrp58d1.png

While the DLC is a 10/10, it is just too hard. I have a life outside of video games and I don’t have time to keep replaying the same boss over and over again.

So you agree the game is a 10/10. Yet you deliberately review-bombed it. 🤔

I feel like that’s pretty douchey

Last edited:

Antwix

Bro I've seen your posts and I can tell you really want to play this game haha. Do you have a console? Buy it used physical and just try it. Worst case you can resell it. And there's no shame in using a walkthrough or any kind of cheesy tactics when you're just getting into the series. My friend has been a skyrim, fallout, and casual normie gamer forever and he just got into it. And trust me, he's not great at games like this. He kinda bounced off at first but now he's enthralled by it and plays like every day, chipping away at progress.

But to answer your question, probably Dragon's Dogma 1/2 would be the closest. Haven't played the 2nd one so not sure how difficult it is. But uhhh... maybe Witcher 3? And to a lesser extent... maybe the Middle-Earth games? Shadow of the Colossus?

Try Kingdoms of Amalur or Witcher III if you want something modern. Also, if you have access to older Nintendo systems then try Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time) Master Quest and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Other older titles you could play are Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable II.

Last edited:
The resistance to an easy mode is so idiotic, give players the option to play the game however the fuck they want.

Who's stopping them from enjoying the game? Overcoming the Challenge is the reward. Stop being pussy's and put in the work to get better. Or don't, nobody is forcing anyone.
If there was an easy mode this series would not be where it is today.

And for the OP you bought Elden Ring, and now the DLC, but your just noticing the game is hard?

Mobilemofo

I'm not sure what the answer is. But I've played 15 minutes of elden ring thus far (owned it since launch), so I'm highly experienced and know exactly what I'm talking about. Having said that I am gonna say this..as unpopular as it will be...

Git good.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

I rate this 0.5/1 Mooreberg. Its only a baiting OP. You should have prolonged your stay and called others out for their idiotism.

Reference.

Robb

Gold Member
I mean.. If you’ve played the game and your opinion is that the high difficult is a negative it’s just a normal review, not ‘review bombing’.

Elden was never easy. I think it looks awesome but im not the player for it. I dont see why a game should get a bad score for being too hard. Also, even though most of DLCs could be accessed at any time for other games, id say 90% would always assume you need to clear the main game in order to play it, making you have a higher level than just jumping into a DLC fresh from zero. Even Witcher 3 DLCs, you can play them from lvl 0 but they clearly state you need to be lvl 30 to enjoy them.

Traxtech

It's not even difficult lol, that's the kicker. Smashing your face against a boss until it dies is pretty normal, these bosses just scale differently. If anyone is genuinely stuck, happy to co op and help. Only issue is my kangaroo internet and lag if you're overseas

TrebleShot

These games would be so much better if everyone could enjoy them.

The only reason it doesn't have the option is because these Devs don't know how to balance the game in all modes.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
These games would be so much better if everyone could enjoy them.
Hell no. Games have become boring because everything is designed to appeal to everyone.

Fuck that. Some people really enjoy a hard game, so let us have that at least.

Also, tuning and balancing a new difficulty mode is a TON of work, both on dev and QA and specially on a game as big as Elden Ring. I'd rather have them dedicating all that time and effort into the actual game.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

The creator is basically saying: “GET GOOD!”

I think he’s saying he’s not talented enough to create options for more players.

Double standards around here when it comes to a developers view on their game.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

The difficulty is fine. It's end-game DLC, and meant to be a real challenge.
So much salt over this...

If it's too hard for you, just use spirit ashes and/or summons!!
I always try to beat everything solo, but if I struggle for several days, I use a spirit ash. The joy is not as intense when beating a hard boss that way, but still great after a long period of getting my ass kicked.

Review bombing over this is so lame...

Last edited:
People who complain about the difficulty and think that gamers should decide about the inclusion of an easy mode and not the developers truly haven't understood anything at all. Trying to cater to the masses is the dumbest thing they could do.

Metnut

Is it really that hard? If I use my mimic tear +10 and find some of the DLc upgrade items is it really that bad?

skneogaf

It's actually too easy if you use the available help.

Spirit ashes and cooperative summons alone makes far too easy.

I can't imagine the speed that if finish a boss if I used a mimic tear, cooperative summon and a human player too.

If the human player also summoned it would be 5 or even 7 if both used the two puppets.

Solo on some of the bosses I agree which is why I chose the new NPC cooperation summons on the ones I've met.

FeralEcho

Git gud buddy

Just kidding I hate that phrase and I think it’s hilarious that people are complaining the dlc is too hard. Especially when those same people are probably the ones who crap on anyone who dares to open their mouth and say souls games are too hard for them. The constant git gud garbage is exhausting. The games are hard and inaccessible to a lot of people, that’s ok but don’t trivialize someone’s poor experience due to difficulty. Maybe this is From saying hey guys now you know how all those other players who couldn’t play the games felt.
Nah, It's exactly the noobs that are complaining...this is what happens when the game goes mainstream.

Elden Ring is one of the easiest souls games and also the most popular. No one complained about dlc difficulty when the series was more niche...Funny how the complaints started only with Elden Ring....almost like it's because there are more normies playing the game and can't handle it.

Think of it this way noobs! Even reviewers managed to finish this dlc....so by that logic:

You are WORSE than fucking game reviewers of all things! Worse than people that couldn't figure out the dash jump in the Cuphead tutorial. 😂😂😂

It's probably why everyone is so mad at the dlc. It exposes how BAD they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom