• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

NeonZ

This show should had a team with four members at max, so they could juggle all of the characters decently.

I think Ninninger's main issue all falls down to the villains. They're more passive and non threating than the Zangyack in the first 40 episodes of Gokaiger, which is a big feat. Even when a seemingly competent commander appears, right afterwards they go back to the status quo with goofy monster of the week.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
When will we be able to order Battride War Genesis? Wanna make sure I can snag a copy of the Premium TV Sound Edition.

WarRock

I think Ninninger's main issue all falls down to the villains. They're more passive and non threating than the Zangyack in the first 40 episodes of Gokaiger, which is a big feat. Even when a seemingly competent commander appears, right afterwards they go back to the status quo with goofy monster of the week.
We had one villain at first and it was okay. Since then we keep going between one and three while having an extra Ninninger plus grandpa and uncle, besides victim of the week and possibly a guest. And then we get the mechs being characters in some episodes too.

It's not that much compared to other shows (KR W comes to mind), but they are clearly struggling with that.

Tiu Neo

Well, Gokaiger at least had Basco.

The same with Shinkenger, most of the main villains were meh, but it had Juuzou and Dayu. Ninninger's Juuzou wasn't that manacing, and died too fast, without doing anything interesting.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ghost 9

Now we're getting somewhere.
Aran's a prince! Sounds like his dad might be the final villain (or he'll be killed off quickly, who knows).
No idea who Benkei was, but looking him up he sounds badass.

And the Eyecon wars begin. It's likely they're multi-purpose so Takeru can come back to life and Makoto can restore Kanon

Tiu Neo

Ghost 9

First of all, that opening.
Why every Drive movie must kill Chief? FFS.

Guan Yu Ganma! That was kinda cool. More story, too. And we finally had a decent fight between Takeru and Makoto!

Looks like we're at the endgame for this first part. The story is getting better and better, nice.

WillyFive

I liked the Gokaiger villains because they were funny, entertaining, and allowed for great fight scenes.

Ninninger villains are just talking heads.

Slayven

Medic is looking good in the movie

Ghost forms don't mean anything. I would expect Benkei to be a like Dogga form, tanking shit and crazy strong.

javadoze

Gokaiger's villains were pretty bad (aside from Basco). So you're telling me that these super incompetent aliens are what drove the 34 Sentai teams into giving up their powers? They really just needed to be more threatening.

That said, the Ninninger villains are pretty "meh" as well. I can only hope Mangetsu and Kyuuemon do more actual villain stuff.

Kamen Rider Ghost 9

-Not much "happened" this episode, but it seems like eyecon collection arc is coming to an end starting with the next episode.

-Javel hinting at
a greater organization behind the Ganma
is probably going to come out for the next arc (similar to Gaim).

-I also really like the Ganma's design this episode (like a cross between a warlord and a dragon).

-The camerawork at the bridge fighting scene was pretty neat. I especially like this shot
CV1RE1eWwAAtMQs.png:large

BatDan

Power Rangers Dino Charge Finale

Wow, that was actually kind of epic. I think the only Kyoryuger footage was the Megazord stuff. Everything else was original. Impressive stuff Lynn and crew.
The scene with Tyler and Shelby on Sledge's ship with the door closing reminded me of the end of Kyoryuger, but not as awful ("Out you go bitch")
Kendall was awesome this episode. Going full HAM in getting the Energems back. Hope we see a lot more of her as the Purple Ranger (if Tzachor was still in charge, she'd be shoved aside due to minimal footage of Yayoi)
I guess Keeper isn't a ghost... what is he then? How did he survive and what has he been doing for 65 million years?
So is Sledge dead now? I know the others aren't since stock footage. His ship is down so no more "Magna Beam" (Curio's time to shine?) And of course there's the cliffhanger monster at the end...

See you back in February for Super Charge.

Watch Da Birdie

There's also scans of Ghost's (final?) form, albeit a silhouette, called "Graceful Damashi"---it's another "all the powers!" deal, but the new belt looks like a wrestling one lol.

Also full-scans of Necrom out too. That face tho...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
those jyuu suits dont look too bad. better than toQ at least. the mech on the other hand..

There's also scans of Ghost's (final?) form, albeit a silhouette, called "Graceful Damashi"---it's another "all the powers!" deal, but the new belt looks like a wrestling one lol.

Also full-scans of Necrom out too. That face tho...

A completely new Driver for a final form?
That's pretty rare.

ReiGun

Only thing that redeems the ghost driver is the way Spectre inserts his eyecons. He does it like Decade does his cards

Spectre losing points for his pose though. It's a cool pose right up until he just returns to a normal standing position to activate the belt.

W kinda I guess too?

Nah, W just had an extra sized Memory that fit into and covered the existing Driver. Decade is as close as we've gotten, with the K-Touch replacing the Decadriver faceplate completely. Usually, Toei and Bandai seem to want something that works with and builds on the existing toys. This is a whole new level really.

Tiu Neo

Hey, Kenji Ohba is on RX. I wonder if he'll show up on Juuouger too. I mean, he's probably the person who was on most sentai series, and it is an anniversary season.

RX got a lot better after the Roborider/Biorider on Criris' home world. It's pretty awesome, actually, even if I still like Black a bit better.

Watch Da Birdie

Seems we'll get info on this year's SHT around the 18th of January? Apparently it's said to be pretty big---

:lol:

Spectre losing points for his pose though. It's a cool pose right up until he just returns to a normal standing position to activate the belt.

He's gotta make it easy for the Parka Ghost to slip on, right?

BatDan

Ninninger 41

Shit's fucked yo!
Mangetsu is all "Just as planned"
Is the grandfather dying? His hand looked like it was disappearing there...
At least that finisher using Ninja Red, Hurricane Red and Jiraiya was pretty awesome.

Next week:
Hell yeah, the four Megazord line-up.

ReiGun

The only thing is...the Ninja Allies are supposed to be sentient. Why would they just go along with Lion Ha-Oh attacking Gekiatsu Dai-Oh?

The only thing is...the Ninja Allies are supposed to be sentient. Why would they just go along with Lion Ha-Oh attacking Gekiatsu Dai-Oh?

Because PLOT TWISTS.

I think the Ninninger villains are awful. I hate Ariake no Kata, Tsugomori is OK but barely does anything, and Mangetsu is just ass with the whole "outsmarting" thing constantly.

I miss the baddies of Kyoryuger and ToQger.

BatDan

Ghost 10

Huh, I thought the "Eyecon Wars" would last longer. Kind of like OOO with all the Medals moving all over the place. Still, at least it would mean reviving Takeru faster.
Shit's about to go down hard though. Next week looks nuts.

Top Bottom