• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Nobunaga vs BIRII ZA KID was pretty hype.

Though I question how Spectre can readjust the trajectory of his kick like that mid-air.

It seems the show's given up on trying to be consistent on who, and when, can see the ghosts---this episode seemed to imply Takeru couldn't see the Ganma pre-Lantern Spider, when in Episode 2 we were shown he could see Ganma without being Ghost, and then we had stuff like the Javel and Spectre being visible to the normal guys even though they popped up after the Spider Lantern.

NeonZ

Nobunaga vs BIRII ZA KID was pretty hype.

Though I question how Spectre can readjust the trajectory of his kick like that mid-air.

It seems the show's given up on trying to be consistent on who, and when, can see the ghosts---this episode seemed to imply Takeru couldn't see the Ganma pre-Lantern Spider, when in Episode 2 we were shown he could see Ganma without being Ghost, and then we had stuff like the Javel and Spectre being visible to the normal guys even though they popped up after the Spider Lantern.

Spectre isn't a ghost, so he's visible to everyone all the time.

Tiu Neo

Ninninger 41

Fun episode. More Yukio Yamagata is always a good thing. Fanservice finisher was cool, I guess.

And then, we get that final part. Good to see the enemies being menacing for a change.

Ghost 10

Kamen Rider Jun!
Is a new ghost Rider :(

So, this arc ends next week? The story is getting promising, hope it keeps up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Trailer for "Glitter Force"

Bad direction, that's Laura Bailey and I know she's capable of better. Just like Xros Wars, it sounds like Saban still believes anime dubbing is still in the 90's. They should watch the Yo-Kai Watch dub to see how to do it properly in this day and age (and for kids as opposed to anime fans, which expect a lot more).

Apparently it goes up on Netflix tomorrow.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Seems like they're hyping up this year's SHT to focus on Kamen Rider #1, apparently he'll be getting a new power-up too.

wow it's fucking nothing.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

im not sure what the game is called,

qMlalUN.jpg

but theyre pretty good designs for evil riders

NeonZ

12360357_1675977012616834_2329530843770243404_n.jpg

It's a promotional pamphlet, so I don't think it breaks the no magazine scans rule. The text mentions that a new legendary Rider will be born on screen. That silhouette behind Rider 1 is what people are speculating to be a new form. It seems to be another modernized Rider 1 suit, like Rider 3, but it's not the Rider 3 suit either (the antennas are obviously different). It also confirms that the spring movie will be the 45th Kamen Rider anniversary movie.

NeonZ

Are those movie-only riders "canon"

Depends on whether their movie itself is canon or not. The recent Rider 3/4 stuff was canon, although mostly irrelevant since it takes place in alternate timelines.

The world is changed at the end of Drive vs Ninninger, changed once again at the end of Rider 3 and then restored at the end of Rider 4- the Roidmudes destroyed before the world is changed in Vs Ninninger and the beginning of the Rider 3 movie are included in the Roidmude list shown in the tv show, including one whose human form was a copy of a Shocker member from the original tv show.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So everything is alternate universe?

It's canon when Toei arbitrarily decides it's canon.

Like, just try to make sense of the huge clusterfuck that is the W and OOO movies (including Movie War Core), which are all sorta canon but sorta not because none of the timelines match up properly at all. Not to mention Eiji's characterization in the OOO movies being completely wrong due to writer/producer shenanigans at Toei.

NeonZ

So everything is alternate universe?

In that case, yes, but in others, like W's and Drive's solo movies, the plot ties directly into the main tv show. Or, it's something like the Drive x Gaim movie, with very small references (it's briefly mentioned in the tv show once that Tomari had beaten Lupin, but nothing else is said about it - although there's a direct to video special that follows up on the movie's ending)

It's canon when Toei arbitrarily decides it's canon.

Like, just try to make sense of the huge clusterfuck that is the W and OOO movies (including Movie War Core), which are all sorta canon but sorta not because none of the timelines match up properly at all. Not to mention Eiji's characterization in the OOO movies being completely wrong due to writer/producer shenanigans at Toei.

Well, that was right after they started making movies that tie into the tv show, so it's not surprising they ran into problems, and the problems were mostly with the OOO side. They couldn't even line up the solo OOO movie with the tv show, in spite of using a movie flashback showing the creation of the orange medals in the tv show itself.

NeonZ

What's wrong with the First and Next suits? I'd use those as updates.

They just don't mesh in style with other Rider stuff. Loose leather, with open collars and visible neck look pretty odd when everyone else is wearing a full body suit.

Based on that image, they seem to be basically tweaking Rider 3's design for Rider 1's actual update.

That new helmet silhouette seems to have Rider 3's pointy nose, chin and larger middle jewel. On the other hand, the antennas are new, and its mouth plate seems to be closer to Rider 1's standard one, without Rider 3's "mouth with fangs" design.

latest

I guess the overall body design could end up following Rider 3's style too, just without the pointy shoulders and boots. Add Rider 1's colors to that, and it could be a pretty good update that will still look very recognizable.

vareon

I don't buy Rider universe "canonities" when it's obvious that mundane production stuff matters more than an actually well-thought universe and timeline. For all we know the next producer's movie could have stuff that directly contradicts what was established. Or making things canon by bringing characters to alternate world, and by the time they returned there are no developments at all. It's just best to enjoy it what it is.

Tiu Neo

Just watched the Fourze movie. Gen is so cool he could befriend an
orbital weapon, voiced by Wolzard.
Cool seeing Jasmine there too.

Kinda fanservicey. I loved it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninninger 42

That felt like the finale, getting all the Megazords (even the auxiliary ones) to fight back. Yet there's at least 5-6 more episodes. Not sure how they can top that fight.
*sees next week preview* Ah, that's how.
I am Ninja of Ninja

Yeah, grandpa is totally a ghost.

Tiu Neo

This is fantastic. I wonder if the others will have animorph powers as well?

They do have the same silver details near the mouth on the helmet, like Red, but their mouth part is the same color as the rest of the helmet. It's possible, but Red is different from the rest, so I'm not too sure. Would be cool.

Oh, for the people who didn't see it yet, the mouth part of the helmet goes up, and animal on Red's chest changes to a Gorilla, the color scheme inverts (Black as main color, details in red.) Red gets muscles like the ones on a Power Rangers figure.

Top Bottom