• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

WillyFive

Dekaranger 10 Years After

A good premise but it felt more like a soap opera; almost no humor and the action scenes were bland and forgettable. Special effects are not any better than the Dekaranger TV show.

They need to get Sakamoto back.

Tiu Neo

Finished Liveman.

It's good. The story is great, actually. One of the best stories from the sentai I watched, imo. However, it has some faults that keep it from being trully great, kinda like Hurricanger.

The male characters are kinda the similar (Jo and Yusuke in special). Junichi and Tetsuya could join a bit earlier too, I feel they were underutilized.The villains were very interesting, but the episode plots were, some times, a bit too repetitive, even for older sentai standards. Some episodes plots were pretty similar, just switching the focus characters.

Colon was fun, the fights were ok, the characters were not bad. When Jo and Yusuke tried to be different, the results were pretty good, like with that skate episode.

I like how, in the end, the villains
were just puppets for their master, and all of them actually had some redemption moments. The last scenes with Gush destroying the base with the dying Doctor was also great.

WarRock

KriFYFB.jpg
Happy holidays and stuff, tokuGAF!

I love Wizard looking dejected in the background here.
Handshake, PULEEEEEHZU

Tiu Neo

Just finished Magiranger too.

It's... probably one of my top ones. Like, top 3 easily. I'll let some time pass before deciding this, but it was very, very good. The story was good, never got boring. The characters were all likeable. The relationship between the characters was kinda sweet. The villains were ok at first, and got more and more interesting as the series goes on. The Hades Gods were awesome.

Aba/Deka/Magi was the hell of a sequence.

Not sure what I'll watch now, but it'll probably be just one or two series. Four at a time was a little too time consuming.

Maybe Changeman, since it's its 30th anniversary this year, and I have the DVDs. Dunno yet.

javadoze

Some new scans just came out and apparently everybody but Red in Zyuohger's team are beastmen assuming human disguises.

...I guess that's one way to keep Red special and for the others not to have multiple forms.

"Red, you gotta use the Gorilla form!"

"Why can't you do it!?"

"I'm a shark, I can't be a Gorilla."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*sees the scans* This is going to be a VERY interesting season.

And it makes me wonder what the PR adaptation will be like (if it doesn't get skipped)

javadoze

*sees the scans* This is going to be a VERY interesting season.

And it makes me wonder what the PR adaptation will be like (if it doesn't get skipped)

They can probably easily skip over any parts involving the animal suits.

(Or pull a Jungle Fury and have them pop up out of nowhere in the last episode.)

NeonZ

These are supposedly screens of the shooting of the Rider anniversary movie. 1st picture is apparently the Rider 1 upgrade, although it's still not confirmed.

zdoi8Dm.jpg

2nd picture seems to be Rider 3.

BatDan

They can probably easily skip over any parts involving the animal suits.

(Or pull a Jungle Fury and have them pop up out of nowhere in the last episode.)

Gekiranger/Jungle Fury was a bit different in that the animal suits were for the mentors not the Rangers.
Here, the Rangers are the animals so it will be a bit harder to work around. But we'll see.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
In addition to the previously announced W, Gaim and Drive Ghost net episodes, where Ghost gets their Eyecons to face past villains, there are going to be other three for Fourze, OOO and Wizard too. The writer is Nobuhiro Mouri, from the Baron and Knuckle Gaidens and Kamen Rider 4.

Yes.

Sweet, I hope OT picks it up.

Junko Komura confirmed to be the head writer of Zyuohger.

Her credits include co-writing Go-Onger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Kamen Rider Wizard (the good episodes), Akibaranger season 1, and a few episodes of Kamen Rider Drive.

EDIT:

The producer for this show will be Takaaki Utsunomiya who produced Gokaiger, Kamen Rider Wizard, and ToQger (take that as you will).

Yikes.

BatDan

They went full furry.

Toei Exec 1: Alright everyone, we need something to grab attention for this year's Sentai. Any id- Put down that Jump!
Toei Exec 2: Sorry sir, but One Piece is getting really good. They're on an island of animal-people.
Toei Exec 1: Animal-people you say?

Sandfox

Toei Exec 1: Alright everyone, we need something to grab attention for this year's Sentai. Any id- Put down that Jump!
Toei Exec 2: Sorry sir, but One Piece is getting really good. They're on an island of animal-people.
If anything this has more to do with how popular the power animal series tend to be. Toei meetings probably go exactly like that though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I mean, the two Bee girls we got back-to-back in Ninninger and Ghost were both pretty fine, but going full furry---I dunno.

WarRock

Can we bet on how many times Red is going to use the whip mode of his sword? And if there is going to be a Gekiranger crossover? I mean, animal people.

vareon

"What's that your kid is playing?"
"It's minecraft, sir."
"Yeah put that in, too."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Gekiranger doesn't really feel animal people though, more like anthropomorphic stuffed animals.

Here is a good animal person (alien).

3X0qvZ3.jpg

Also I just finished watching HOPR Samurai, wow the plot really is note-for-note translation of Shinkenger... without the context or some of the storyline development! If what Linkara says is true then Mentor Ji is such a let down compared to Old Man.

Defuser

Monsters assuming human form.
Demons assuming human form.
Angels assuming human form.
Aliens assuming human form.
Animal people assuming human form.
Everybody wants to be human.

Whats next?

NeonZ

The Kamen Rider Ghost net crossover episodes are usually putting Ghost against a resurrected final boss, but, for the Wizard one, his opponent is actually going to be Phoenix. It's kind of funny that he avoided appearing outside of alternate reality stuff up to now.

Considering how he'll be the only monster, they might actually remember the whole issue regarding him
being thrown to the sun and needing to surpass its strength to return to Earth. And so once again someone else will need to clean Wizard's mess.

BossRush

I know they wouldn't do any for some of the older heisei series, but it would be hillarious to see what they'd do for Decade or Ryuki

Is Ghost worth watching? What's good/ass about it?

So far, The Good:
-very good attention to detail
-decent about making its side characters helpful
-the OST
-the plot has been currently ramping up these past few weeks.

The Bad:
-much of the episodes released so far have been rushing through all the form introductions since Ghost's first quarter is very toy-heavy
-Takeru has a (brief) period of being cowardly right after Specter's introduction, I personally didn't have a problem with this but it seemed to stick out for others
-Akari can be quite off-putting at times, especially during the first episode

EDIT: ZyuOhger promo:
https://youtu.be/JKnOXbXj6ww

Tiu Neo

That Zyuohger promo looks cool. More Gekirangers than Gaorangers, at a first glance. Cool.

The background music also sounds good.

Top Bottom