• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

VBHkzmE.gif

NeonZ

yami4ct

I'm hoping ZyuOhger is more Kyoryuger fun silly and less NinNin/ToQGer stupid. The toys for the series look like iredeemable crap, but that preview makes the show look like it could actually be fun. We'll see.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Welp. That's it. Spectre W is literally the perfect suit.

Speaking of which it seems going by a merchandise calendar Spectre's gonna get a "Power-up" form unlike Mr. Ma-ha. I was worried Houdini was gonna be the last big things for him.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm hoping ZyuOhger is more Kyoryuger fun silly and less NinNin/ToQGer stupid. The toys for the series look like iredeemable crap, but that preview makes the show look like it could actually be fun. We'll see.

you could always step up the plate and use anything beside Kyoryuger :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That's been the hustle for every Battride War.

At least I don't have to buy more Kamen Rider Girls singles for DLC codes for complete bullshit.

I'll be OK spending some cash on the Chaser movie.

Yeah, but the previous exclusive DLCs were included in CD singles (much cheaper) and were just equippable figures (not a big deal). This is a whole character included in a much more expensive movie.

That said, I was already planning on getting the limited edition of the movie solely because it's the cheapest way to get a Break Gunner these days (damn aftermarket prices).

Yeah, but the previous exclusive DLCs were included in CD singles (much cheaper) and were just equippable figures (not a big deal). This is a whole character included in a much more expensive movie.

That said, I was already planning on getting the limited edition of the movie solely because it's the cheapest way to get a Break Gunner these days (damn aftermarket prices).

It was for me because now knowing how exclusive that DLC stayed makes me know that I made the right call in getting it.

Where are you getting the LE from? I might have to put down on one knowing what'll be in it. I was able to pick up those singles on eBay after the fact but I think this won't mirror that experience at all.

NeonZ

Promotional image with the new Kamen Rider 1 form.

KamenRider45th_04_zpszkkdonuv.jpg

I guess that Rider with the green gloves and boots might really be the new Rider 1 design then.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It was for me because now knowing how exclusive that DLC stayed makes me know that I made the right call in getting it.

Where are you getting the LE from? I might have to put down on one knowing what'll be in it. I was able to pick up those singles on eBay after the fact but I think this won't mirror that experience at all.

I'll likely be getting it from Amiami whenever they put it up for preorder. Hopefully that's soon. Otherwise CDJapan, probably.

Tiu Neo

Finished Kamen Rider Fourze.

It's my new favorite Kamen Rider. Easily. Drive had a better ending, but Fourze was consistent the whole series, and the ending was... very Fourze. Great supporting cast, characters in general, best main Rider, enemies were ok. The only problem I had with it was the
Kengo is the Core Switch part, which was an asspull imo, but the results were great.

My friend wants to watch Wizard, after his appearances on Fourze. Since she's the one who will select the next series... eh.

Tiu Neo

Everybody wants to watch Wizard after Fourze, since Fourze was so good.

Do not watch Wizard.

Yes, I know. He looks cool, but it's a trap, if what everybody says is true. But it's her time to choose next, since I choose both Gaim and Fourze. Well, let's see.

Yes, I know. He looks cool, but it's a trap, if what everybody says is true. But it's her time to choose next, since I choose both Gaim and Fourze. Well, let's see.

Go into Wizard with no hope and you and your friend won't fall into despair.

We've all taken our shots at Wizard around here.

The hangup for me after it has been said and done is that the show had much promise and took advantage of none of it. Why Rinko, Why?!?!?!?!? Why
Mage
, Why?!?!?!?!!?

WillyFive

Go into Wizard with no hope and you and your friend won't fall into despair.

We've all taken our shots at Wizard around here.

The hangup for me after it has been said and done is that the show had much promise and took advantage of none of it. Why Rinko, Why?!?!?!?!? Why
Mage
, Why?!?!?!?!!?

The last fifth of the show was actually pretty nice, I thought; but the preceding 40 or so episodes are just so awful it's not worth it.

javadoze

Mage
, Why?!?!?!?!!?

The suits are amazing, the spell rings could actually be used out-of-suit (a first if I'm not mistaken), and Haruto's actor was actually quite charming in the right circumstances.

It's a shame a show like Wizard turned into a total joke (occasionally showing flashes of goodness from time to time).

The last fifth of the show was actually pretty nice, I thought; but the preceding 40 or so episodes are just so awful it's not worth it.

The suits are amazing, the spell rings could actually be used out-of-suit (a first if I'm not mistaken), and Haruto's actor was actually quite charming in the right circumstances.

It's a shame a show like Wizard turned into a total joke (occasionally showing flashes of goodness from time to time).

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy Wizard but it could've been so much more. Just so much promise for them not to take advantage of it in a way that we could look back on and appreciate more.

The movie brought closure for Haruto & Koyomi and for Wizard that's all you can ask for.

WarRock

Wizard let me down so much I didn't watch the movies. Defended that show until episode 30ish, but GOD DAMN.

The episode where the victim of the week is
Haruto's teacher
. The heck was that.

javadoze

Wizard let me down so much I didn't watch the movies. Defended that show until episode 30ish, but GOD DAMN.

The episode where the victim of the week is
Haruto's teacher
. The heck was that.

You know your hero is inept when even Shunpei is pointing out how bad they're doing their job.
I feel Haruto's teacher was actually one of the better one-off characters.

Watch Da Birdie

Favorite episode of Wizard was Lizardman.

Most of Wizard just ignored the horror aspects of the Phantoms (aka they basically took over a person's entire life), but I loved at the end of that episode Haruto realizes there's no happy ending in this case. The rest of the show really didn't seem to give much of a fuck about the fact every time Haruto killed a Phantom he was basically erasing a person's existence.

Boss Doggie

Aww HOPR is skipping Dino Charge? But it's one of the better seasons, wish he'd at least consider doing it.

Aww HOPR is skipping Dino Charge? But it's one of the better seasons, wish he'd at least consider doing it.

No. He'll be doing it once it ends.

I shouldn't have watched the Megaforce one. All that shit I wished to forget plus stuff I didn't even catch on my own just to make what I remembered worse.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Reading Twitter, seems Ninninger is going to be off for two weeks, coming back January 17th.

Boss Doggie

No. He'll be doing it once it ends.

I shouldn't have watched the Megaforce one. All that shit I wished to forget plus stuff I didn't even catch on my own just to make what I remembered worse.

Man, it really is a terrible show. Worse than Samurai, and honestly I disagree with Linkara, it's worse than Overdrive.

WillyFive

I can't agree that Megaforce is worse than Overdrive. I could finish Megaforce, there were enjoyable parts of Megaforce; despite it all being the absolute worst and wrong thing to have been done. But I can't stand watching Overdrive for a single episode; it's obnoxious and terrible and it lacks any sort of respect to the viewer. Megadrive, for being wrong in every single thing; at least told it's baffling story in a way that did not make the viewer want to break the TV.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Hmm the suit looks good but I am still on the fence whether to watch it or not.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy Wizard but it could've been so much more. Just so much promise for them not to take advantage of it in a way that we could look back on and appreciate more.

The movie brought closure for Haruto & Koyomi and for Wizard that's all you can ask for.

I thought Wizard was pretty good but then I watched Kuuga, while Wizard was airing, and I then I realised that Wizard had the potential to be Kuuga 2.0 but alas it wasn't to be.

Still though I kept on watching it and it was worth it to see
Beast to be the one to take down the White Wizard, especially after being looked down upon by him.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, correction on the Chaser in Battride Genesis thing. You don't have to buy the movie to get him. He'll be released as free DLC sometime after the release of the movie.

My apologies for the misinformation, was going on bad info from a friend and I didn't think to verify it myself. Oops!

Watch Da Birdie

Okay, correction on the Chaser in Battride Genesis thing. You don't have to buy the movie to get him. He'll be released as free DLC sometime after the release of the movie.

My apologies for the misinformation, was going on bad info from a friend and I didn't think to verify it myself. Oops!

Oh, nice!

Still have my Japanese PSN account set up from the original Battride though I never got around to picking up the DLC though.

So Chaser's DLC---I'm betting Spectre probably is too, and maybe Ghost's Toukon Boost?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, nice!

Still have my Japanese PSN account set up from the original Battride though I never got around to picking up the DLC though.

So Chaser's DLC---I'm betting Spectre probably is too, and maybe Ghost's Toukon Boost?

Right now the DLC we know of is Chaser and Takeshi Hongo as a Shocker grunt. Nothing about Spectre so far (though I'd be surprised if he wasn't DLC eventually) or Ghost Toukon Boost.

javadoze

New poster of the upcoming Kamen Rider Taisen revealed what Rider 1's new form will look like...

CXYJd0nWkAAa7V5.jpg:large

It kinda looks like one of the older versions of the suit to me.

Tiu Neo

Looks like... a modernized Kamen Rider 1.

Btw, it'll be just a Kamen Rider Taisen again? Damn, I kinda wanted another SHT with sentai. :(

NeonZ

The new suit is pretty much a modernized version of the Sakurajima suit, the suit that Rider 1 had while returning for a few guest appearances during Rider 2's run in the original series, before he became the protagonist again, but with lighter green colors for the chest and gloves.

KamenRider01ep40_03_Sakurajima%20Rider%201_zpsynvevlgo.jpg

The belt looks pretty different from the Typhoon though, which is kind of odd, since even Rider 3 had kept the original Typhoon.

Wonder if they're going to remix all of the Showa suits?

In a single movie? There's no way it's happening. The only other Showa Rider that might get a new suit here is Rider 2, since they could just reuse Rider 1's mold and change the colors. These movies don't have enough budget for 10 new Rider suits at once.

Looks like... a modernized Kamen Rider 1.

Btw, it'll be just a Kamen Rider Taisen again? Damn, I kinda wanted another SHT with sentai. :(

The movie seems to be called just "Kamen Rider #1" although it seems to be basically a Rider Taisen movie, since Ghost is in it too. That pamphlet mentions that this is the "Super Hero Year" with the Rider and Sentai anniversaries and that the first part will be this Rider movie. So, I guess we'll see a separate Sentai movie or Sentai x Rider movie afterwards.

Tiu Neo

The movie seems to be called just "Kamen Rider #1" although it seems to be basically a Rider Taisen movie, since Ghost is in it too. That pamphlet mentions that this is the "Super Hero Year" with the Rider and Sentai anniversaries and that the first part will be this Rider movie. So, I guess we'll see a separate Sentai movie or Sentai x Rider movie afterwards.

Well, in the worst case scenario, next years crossover should be a Vs. Super Sentai style movie, if they keep that tradition.

Top Bottom