• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Tiu Neo

Kinda want to preorder Battride Genesis too, but with my current currency value, it would cost me a liver, an arm and a leg.

Do those things get cheaper after releasing, or just get rare?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
We still have no info on the rest of the players on Zyuohger right? Like the mentor, villain heads, etc.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kinda want to preorder Battride Genesis too, but with my current currency value, it would cost me a liver, an arm and a leg.

Do those things get cheaper after releasing, or just get rare?

They do get cheaper, about a year down the line when the next one is out. However with Genesis taking two years, who even knows if it'll be yearly again going forward.

WarRock

Yeah...

Yamato becomes Zyuoh Eagle. Sera, the shark Zyuman, is Zyuoh Shark. Leo, the lion Zyuman, is Zyuoh Lion. Tusk, the elephant Zyuman, is Zyuoh Elephant. Amu, the tiger Zyuman, is Zyuoh Tiger. Watching over their progress is Yamato’s uncle, an animal sculptor.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh shit, I just realized...I hope you can stream Battride Genesis on PS4. With all the voice/music licensing stuff, they might pull a Koei and not allow you to stream with audio.

Tiu Neo

They do get cheaper, about a year down the line when the next one is out. However with Genesis taking two years, who even knows if it'll be yearly again going forward.

Well, I'll wait a bit then. If the situation gets any better I may get it earlier, but who knows.

Thanks!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
A look at juouger mooks?

CXTVdjkU0AQaqSp.jpg

CXV5uPfUEAEQjBl.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So I decided to actually watch Power Rangers Dino Charge, past the first episode.

This show is SO good.

Chip Lynn did it. By god he did it.
I think the fact that Dino Charge is actually good shows that the prior four years were the fault of Tzachor. He may have not been the SOLE reason, but he was a big factor.

With Samurai, he and the company were just getting back into things, so a lot more was forgiven. Plus, Samurai made a lot of money.
Megaforce was clear he didn't care, and the toy sales even reflected that. Hence his termination.

javadoze

Ultraman X was pretty chill the final boss was creepy as fuck.

Just watched the final 2 episodes of Ultraman X and I really love how Greeza has this whole "incomprehensible cosmic horror" vibe about it in how it looked, moved, and sounded.

As a whole, Ultraman X is a pretty good show.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Nice to see this team is finally fighting against the tyranny of Gold/Blue suits in Sentai shows.

Would be cool if the extra ranger was pink.

Edit: since im here, looks like the 10ohger theme is being sung by takatori hideaki of hurricanger fame. Kinda excited as hurricanger had a pretty good theme.

Also they are doing another ed dance. Not surprising I guess but glad its confirmed.

Pluto

Would be cool if the extra ranger was pink.
I'd like hat but it's not going to happen, the sixth will be male and while I think having a pink one would be awesome I doubt little boys and Bandai would be in love with that idea.

If a male pink happens it will probably be on the core team where he's just one of several characters, not the sixth with the sixth exclusive morpher, mecha etc.

Tiu Neo

Edit: since im here, looks like the 10ohger theme is being sung by takatori hideaki of hurricanger fame. Kinda excited as hurricanger had a pretty good theme.

Perfect. Now we only need the ED dance by whoever did the Abaranger ED.

For the 6th, I hope we get something that isn't metallic. Nothing against them, but some different colors would be better. Even if it's Orange or Purple again.

ahdurian

I'd like hat but it's not going to happen, the sixth will be male and while I think having a pink one would be awesome I doubt little boys and Bandai would be in love with that idea.

If a male pink happens it will probably be on the core team where he's just one of several characters, not the sixth with the sixth exclusive morpher, mecha etc.

just imagine if it did happen, and his/her zord was a giant Pig....oh god I want this to happen

WillyFive

For the 6th, I hope we get something that isn't metallic. Nothing against them, but some different colors would be better. Even if it's Orange or Purple again.

Since it's an anniversary season, I want to see something retro come back.

latest

A rainbow colored Ranger.

ReiGun

The sixth could have an animal tamer theme. Something like you'd see on a circus performer.

Also, off the current topic, but I really want Ghost and Specter's default hoodies. And that jack Makoto wears.

JLynn

With Samurai, he and the company were just getting back into things, so a lot more was forgiven. Plus, Samurai made a lot of money.
Megaforce was clear he didn't care, and the toy sales even reflected that. Hence his termination.

I agree about forgiveness for Samurai cause "LOOK!! POWER RANGERS IN HD! NO SCRUNCHED 4:3 PIC LIKE WITH RPM!" I was dissapointed with Megaforce (And Super Megaforce) because balls were dropped big time. And the sad part is Bandai was goin all out for it (reissued JP DX Shinkenoh and Gosei Great? Better than expected Gosei Morpher? What magic is this?!) yet the MF sales all but pumped the brakes on the excitement. I was looking forward to getting a reissued JP DX Gokaioh. Oh well... There's still the Legacy line (Whodathunk that MMPR morpher would be exported to Japan considering Zyuranger did OK but not gangbusters in its original run? Not I!)

WillyFive

I think we do it when at least one new series is out? Could be wrong there, though.

Yeah, it always comes out in February, when both Sentai and PR have their season premieres.

Someone want to do the honors this year, as in not me again?

TokuGAF 2016 | These animals are DEAD.

LostAnkh

"Fantastic beasts and Spooky Beats"
This, all the f'in way.

Chip Lynn did it. By god he did it.
I think the fact that Dino Charge is actually good shows that the prior four years were the fault of Tzachor. He may have not been the SOLE reason, but he was a big factor.

As much as I enjoy Dino Charge, it still hurts to know that the 20th anniversary was so half-assed.

An important family dinner that was bad for the most part, but the desert is so good.

Top Bottom