• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Corgi

Banned
thinking back to lightspeed rescue.... always loved how the megazord seems to cause more damage to the city than the monster of the week.

javadoze

I love the fact that there's a fake building in the city solely for Shinobimaru to hide in. I sincerely hope that the other mechs are just as creative later on.

ahdurian

was rewatching the transformation scene for Ninninger...just realized AkaNinger's shuriken picture wasn't fully colored in lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Did you guys hear about the Ninninja X Drive crossover special on March 29th? (that it is a thing that is happening)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Did you guys hear about the Ninninja X Drive crossover special on March 29th? (that it is a thing that is happening)

Nice. Sounds like the ToQger X Gaim crossover was a hit if they're doing it again this year.

WillyFive

I'm up for yearly teamups. Sucks that while Sentai/Rider are doing multiple teamups each years, Power Rangers seemed to have dropped them altogether. Hopefully Lynn gives us the goods with a Megaforce teamup.

BatDan

I'm up for yearly teamups. Sucks that while Sentai/Rider are doing multiple teamups each years, Power Rangers seemed to have dropped them altogether. Hopefully Lynn gives us the goods with a Megaforce teamup.

Well there kind of was Clash of the Red Rangers... urgh...

Perhaps Lynn could actually give the Megaforce characters some actual fucking character if there's ever a crossover.

NeonZ

Hm... I've just noticed that they actually updated Black's design for Super Hero Taisen GP. It's just the undersuit, but stilll...

SHTGPBlack_zps19gcw3pn.jpg

The upper half of Black's undersuit now seems to be all that brown monster-like skin. Previously, it was a black undersuit with some brown patches to give the impression that it's monster skin leaking through bits of black armor (or, in some scenes from Kamen Rider Taisen, even just a black spandex). Now, it's an actual monster skin suit under the armor. Still, if they're now updating designs, I really want Rider 1 and 2 with leather suits (like they had in the first half of the original tv series).

Tiu Neo

Hm... I've just noticed that they actually updated Black's design for Super Hero Taisen GP. It's just the undersuit, but stilll...

007l.jpg

The upper half of Black's undersuit now seems to be all that brown monster-like skin. Previously, it was a black undersuit with some brown patches to give the impression that it's monster skin leaking through bits of black armor (or, in some scenes from Kamen Rider Taisen, even just a black spandex). Now, it's an actual monster skin suit under the armor. Still, if they're now updating designs, I really want Rider 1 and 2 with leather suits (like they had in the first half of the original tv series).

It's been a long time, but I still remember brown patches on the arms. An action figure I had also had this "monster texture" on the suit part, but they were black, iirc.

Is there any reason they're using Black and not RX on this movie? I mean, RX was the one with the car, so he would be a better fit for Drive.

Well, I liked Black a lot more, so I'm ok with that.

NeonZ

Is there any reason they're using Black and not RX on this movie? I mean, RX was the one with the car, so he would be a better fit for Drive.

Black RX is in the movie too. Including Kotaro with white clothes, rather than black ones.

http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2015/02/25/157/

I guess the changes to the past meant that he never became RX, but once the past is restored in the movie's climax he'll go back to Black RX for the final battle.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So does Minami Kotaro have a better amount of screentime than the usual guest rider in typical Taisen movies?

NeonZ

So does Minami Kotaro have a better amount of screentime than the usual guest rider in typical Taisen movies?

The movie isn't out yet, so we can't really answer for sure. I don't think Kamen Rider Taisen wasted any of the guests though and this is by the same director. Even Fujioka, who only had three scenes on set, still had plenty of screentime voicing Rider 1. There was nothing like Kotaro and Shouichi appearing only for a few seconds in the end of All Riders vs Dai-Shocker and not even really interacting or speaking during the transformed battle.

Tiu Neo

Black RX is in the movie too. Including Kotaro with white clothes, rather than black ones.

http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2015/02/25/157/

I guess the changes to the past meant that he never became RX, but once the past is restored in the movie's climax he'll go back to Black RX for the final battle.

Ohhh, so it would be like a parallel origin story? This universe could be interesting.

EDIT: Or maybe it could be like the past Taisen movies, where both existed, huh. Maybe I'll watch Decade before this movie, to understand it better.

NeonZ

Ohhh, so it would be like a parallel origin story? This universe could be interesting.

EDIT: Or maybe it could be like the past Taisen movies, where both existed, huh. Maybe I'll watch Decade before this movie, to understand it better.

We haven't seen any shots of Black and Black RX together this time though. The plot of this movie involves history being changed due to Rider 3 appearing in the past right after the original series and defeating Rider 1 and 2, leading to Shocker conquering the world, and in the present Riders splitting between Shocker Riders (Drive, Blade/Board Riders, Rider 3) and resistance (most other Riders apparently).

Decade (tv series) introduced the idea of a parallel world where Black never became RX, and the "All Rider" crossovers often had both Black and Black RX at once, but I don't think that will be relevant this time considering how we still haven't seen a shot of both Black and Black RX together. Kotaro's civilian outfits in this movie are based on his Decade outfits though, where they had RX dressed all in white and Black all in black to differentiate them from each other visually even while untransformed. Black RX originally wore a white jacket, but generally not all white outfits - but I don't think Black ever went around dressed in black leather jacket and pants before Decade.

I wonder if Narutaki will appear again.

Decade seems to be just a suit in this movie, so I don't think so.

NeonZ

Ah so this is non-canon Drive then?

It's a time travel story. The plot of the movie is about restoring the correct timeline (well, at least Zeronos' subplot, but pictures have shown that Rider 3 and Drive eventually join him too). I don't know if this movie will be referenced by the actual Drive tv show at all though.

So far everything Drive related is canon though, even the equivalent of a hyper battle video has had the Roidmude killed there added to the list of 108 in Toei's site.

Tiu Neo

We haven't seen any shots of Black and Black RX together this time though. The plot of this movie involves history being changed due to Rider 3 appearing in the past right after the original series and defeating Rider 1 and 2, leading to Shocker conquering the world, and in the present Riders splitting between Shocker Riders (Drive, Blade/Board Riders, Rider 3) and resistance (most other Riders apparently).

Decade (tv series) introduced the idea of a parallel world where Black never became RX, and the "All Rider" crossovers often had both Black and Black RX at once, but I don't think that will be relevant this time considering how we still haven't seen a shot of both Black and Black RX together. Kotaro's civilian outfits in this movie are based on his Decade outfits though, where they had RX dressed all in white and Black all in black to differentiate them from each other visually even while untransformed. Black RX originally wore a white jacket, but generally not all white outfits - but I don't think Black ever went around dressed in black leather jacket and pants before Decade.

Decade seems to be just a suit in this movie, so I don't think so.

Yeah, I remember him using clear clothes even on Black. Since it's a time travel story, the alternate universes from Decade will probably not be a factor here, huh. Well, I'll probably watch Decade someday, anyway.

All this talk makes me want to watch Black again, I remember liking it a lot.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's a time travel story. The plot of the movie is about restoring the correct timeline (well, at least Zeronos' subplot, but pictures have shown that Rider 3 and Drive eventually join him too). I don't know if this movie will be referenced by the actual Drive tv show at all though.

So far everything Drive related is canon though, even the equivalent of a hyper battle video has had the Roidmude killed there added to the list of 108 in Toei's site.

Ah I see.

Time travel.

BatDan

Kamen Rider Gaim X Wizard Movie War

I had hoped that the Wizard story would be decent since I liked the last Movie War. ... NOPE! Just as bland as his plain sugar donuts. Still don't care about Koyomi, and the highlight was seeing Nitou get eaten and War God Gaim appearing.

I liked Gaim's story at first, but then it felt like it was dragging. I didn't care for War God Wizard's general (played by a Japanese celebrity going by the KR Wiki) and I really wonder what was up with War God Gaim's green companion. He's not an Inves since he could talk...

I found it weird how the crossover just "happened". Normally the second story has a cliffhanger conclusion, and then the crossover. Here it just kept going. There was also a lot of "I'm still in the movie" moments from Haruto. I guess Japan disliked Wizard as much as the West considering how much he sucked in this movie.

I'll give it credit for not having a 10 minute PS2 cutscene final battle. Though the Legendary Rider Lockseeds were just silly.

javadoze

I had hoped that the Wizard story would be decent since I liked the last Movie War. ... NOPE! Just as bland as his plain sugar donuts. Still don't care about Koyomi, and the highlight was seeing Nitou get eaten and War God Gaim appearing.

I liked Gaim's story at first, but then it felt like it was dragging. I didn't care for War God Wizard's general (played by a Japanese celebrity going by the KR Wiki) and I really wonder what was up with War God Gaim's green companion. He's not an Inves since he could talk...

I found it weird how the crossover just "happened". Normally the second story has a cliffhanger conclusion, and then the crossover. Here it just kept going. There was also a lot of "I'm still in the movie" moments from Haruto. I guess Japan disliked Wizard as much as the West considering how much he sucked in this movie.

I'll give it credit for not having a 10 minute PS2 cutscene final battle. Though the Legendary Rider Lockseeds were just silly.

Yep. Megamax was amazing, Ultimatum was great (save for the actual "movie war" part, but Wizard/Gaim Movie War was pretty boring.

I also liked the scene where Micchy conveniently transforms in front of his brother.

NeonZ

I think both War God Gaim and that monster are pretty much Overlords, just unnamed since the characters wouldn't know about the concept yet. They can open cracks, control monsters born from Helheim and War God Gaim is even shown controlling that huge Helheim tree.

I found it weird how the crossover just "happened". Normally the second story has a cliffhanger conclusion, and then the crossover. Here it just kept going.

I actually really liked that. I felt like it was the closest to a natural crossover we've gotten out of Movie Wars. Megamax is definitely better, but I enjoyed Sengoku Battle more than Ultimatum.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Seeing Black and RX side by side always confuse me since they are meant to be the same person but yet they are counted as two different people... thanks Decade. ¬_¬;

By the way did the Gaim summer movie get subbed yet?

Gaim 13-14

...FUUUUUUUUUCK!
Jeez that got dark.

Ha ha you ain't seen nothing yet.

KingDirk

Am I a philistine for loving the RX suit more than the straight Black one? I need to watch both series, but I love the Nehru-collar type deal that also makes it look more locust-y.

Top Bottom